Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• DavidxDavidx Member

@Stevie said:
    USA still can not order from kimsufi right????

I had a kimsufi a couple months ago.. So yes I think it's allowed.

• georgegeorge Member

@Stevie said:
    USA still can not order from kimsufi right????

http://www.kimsufi.com/ie/

• Razza said: Here a benchmark if anyone is interested

Damnit.. My order is still at "We check your payment manually"

2nd time this happened (i placed about 7 orders over the last month @ OVH)

• StevieStevie Member

@David_P
    @george

Thanks.

• Nekki said: Hmm, apparently I don't have an OVH account anymore, despite having 3 active services.

I always used to have problems with the manager login, it was always forwarding me to /fr/ or something and would always tell me my account details were wrong. Extra confusing when I actually had a French billing account for unmetered b/w on Kimsufi...

• StevieStevie Member

So how many new VPS hosts gonna pop-up now :-P

• Server was delivered instantly. How cool is that! Installing OS right now...

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@Stevie said:
    So how many new VPS hosts gonna pop-up now :-P

They have to share a single IPv4 though

• € 4.99 excl. VAT /month
    ( £6.80 Excl. VAT)

I hope this is a mistake...

Anyway I can only see one server for € 19.99 on the UK site

• I think that it should be € 4.99 excluding VAT, € 6.80 including VAT

Somehow, the site is broken but probably you can try your luck at the International site? http://www.kimsufi.com/ie/

• chrispchrisp Member

is there a valid promo code to save setup fees?

• @hausarzt said:
    Server was delivered instantly. How cool is that! Installing OS right now...

Sigh.. I'm still waiting for mine..

• @wcypierre said:
    I think that it should be € 4.99 excluding VAT, € 6.80 including VAT

Somehow, the site is broken but probably you can try your luck at the International site? http://www.kimsufi.com/ie/

Yeah I think the £ bit is from when they were 9 euros.

@joodle said:

In the US? It says setup time is 120 seconds in France, but 72 hours in USA

• @joodle said:

Maybe because I was already a customer (not Kimsufi.com, but OVH in general). I got 3 servers now, a friend ordered the limit (5). They must be selling a ton of them right now. It's going to be a seedbox heaven :-)

• hausarzt said: Maybe because I was already a customer (not Kimsufi.com, but OVH in general)

I have 6 VPS's @ OVH.. so yeah

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

hostnoob said: 72 hours in USA

You mean in Canada, they have no US DC.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

As I meant to post here (but accidentally posted in the cest pit)....

I picked up a cheapie plan at BHS, so assuming it's delivered OK I can cancel my OVH VPS there.

Cheap dedi's FTW folks.

• @zhuanyi said:
    You mean in Canada, they have no US DC.

Yeah my mistake

• Are there any issues with using this as a seedbox or a usenet box?

Anyone run Sickbeard on these and if so how do you process your files to get to you locally.

• jeromeza said: Are there any issues with using this as a seedbox or a usenet box?

I have never seen anyone getting issues using it as a seedbox, don't know about the usenet part though

• nimdynimdy Member

Is it not possible to install Windows on these then? I wanted to get one and have a go.

@zhuanyi said:
    Paid for one of the Atom boxes in BHS but 72 hrs set up time, check back in 3 days if you wanna see a benchmark :)

Or if someone who have faster finger/internet than me, what kind of benchmarks do you guys get?

One thing I don't like about their new Kimsufis though is the fact that you can't install Windows natively on them. My old Kimsufi box had all those Windows server distributions enabled, which was very neat.

• @nimdy said:
    Is it not possible to install Windows on these then? I wanted to get one and have a go.

Guess not, but installing windows on a KVM VPS should work? I would actually prefer to spit it into a Windows and a Linux box if I got one

• sc754sc754 Member

@hostnoob said:
    Guess not, but installing windows on a KVM VPS should work? I would actually prefer to spit it into a Windows and a Linux box if I got one

KVM requires virtualisation on the cpu, atom doesn't have that

• rds100rds100 Member

I wonder what will be their next offer. To me this seems like an attempt to clear all of their Atoms stock, because something new is coming soon. It would be interesting to see what is this new thing.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@joodle said:
    I have never seen anyone getting issues using it as a seedbox, don't know about the usenet part though

Fairly sure you can get away with Usenet anywhere you can have a seed box.

• agonyztagonyzt Member

Damn... couldn't resist. That 4.99 EUR dedicated in BHS (Canada) is just too good to be true. 4 core with 500GB HDD? Yes!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@agonyzt said:
    Damn... couldn't resist. That 4.99 EUR dedicated in BHS (Canada) is just too good to be true. 4 core with 500GB HDD? Yes!

That dedi is only a 2 core.

Thanked by 2Davidx tux
  • DavidxDavidx Member

@Nekki said:

Haha was just gonna say that

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@David_P said:
    Haha was just gonna say that

Yeh I was surprised I was the first to point it out.

• Wait, why would you use a dedicated server to download from usenet?

Isn't the whole point of usenet that you download from dedicated servers and don't need to upload anything?