Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Yomura Holdings? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is Yomura Holdings?

Comments

• So you don't think that Yomura would have any responsibility if say (just for example), Delimiter disappeared without a trace tomorrow? Like you say, it's not like Delimiter have much of a presence outside of their website.

I hope you're not taking what I'm saying the wrong way btw, Mark. It's just what goes through my mind after ten years of dealing with largely bad hosting companies. I think it's silly not to ask questions.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited April 2014

@MarkTurner "“With our Miami datacenter running almost at capacity, we need to add additional space as quickly as possible. Our new site at West Wacker gives us room for 12-18 months immediate growth”, said Eli Goldblum, Yomura’s Director of Service Operations North America, “Many of our brands are in double-digit growth phases so opening a large facility like this will allow us to expand our DSL, Voice and Hosting services into the Chicago metro-area.”

Construction will start in December and first services are expected to be online in late March 2011."

Can you please provide proof that you own the datacenter?

• @AThomasHowe - Delimiter like any real company (as opposed to someone pretending to be a company) has a legal obligation to both its customers and creditors, so it can't just disappear. There is a legal process to liquidate/shutdown the company.

The problem you have is that when someone pretends to be a company - just take a tour on here, the other day I ran background reports on a few of the so-called companies and no listing under any jurisdiction. That is the type of 'company' that just evaporate and never be heard of again.

At the end of the day where we have shutdown companies - for example XVPS is one that comes to mind. We bought that 'company' from the world-infamous Dan Fry, moved the assets into XVPS Ltd (UK company) then found we'd bought about 1000 fake customers who had fake transactions, fake invoices. Some paid $1/month for service but the invoices had been changed to $7/month etc. So by the time renewal happened the customers were incensed that their pricing had gone up 6 times. We grandfathered the customers for a further month to enable them to move then shutdown the operation. The customers that wanted to stay on at the published priced were integrated into Delimiter. XVPS concluded its business and then went dormant where it remains today.

Bearing in mind that Delimiter has been around 3-4 years maybe 5 now, its extremely profitable and is a fantastic outlet for our older servers like the X5150's, there would be no reason for it to be shutdown. Its about profitability at the end of the day, Delimiter has produced results year after year and probably one of our better acquisitions in the hosting market.

It comes down to a few things - BurstNet was 10-15 years old, it hit the bricks and burnt loads of people. We've picked up a lot of customers from them especially as our NC datacentre is 15-20 minutes from their new one as well as other customers who want to move to sites like Atlanta.

The old Latin edict 'Caveat Emptor' should be applied to ANY transaction in ANY industry, its the same for us, we buy capacity from X company, can we guarantee that that company will be there tomorrow - no, so we buy diversity. We've had companies like Carrier 1, KPNQwest collapse in a moments notice - these are multi-million dollar companies backed by billion dollar companies in the case of KPNQwest but they still went down.

Will Yomura still be there 10 years from now? Probably, its well funded, growing, profitable and the people behind it are still very enthusiastic about the business.

Thanked by 1yowmamasita
  • @Cltcam - whats does 'access and control' mean?

• @MarkTurner said:

"“With our Miami datacenter running almost at capacity, we need to add additional space as quickly as possible. Our new site at West Wacker gives us room for 12-18 months immediate growth”, said Eli Goldblum, Yomura’s Director of Service Operations North America, “Many of our brands are in double-digit growth phases so opening a large facility like this will allow us to expand our DSL, Voice and Hosting services into the Chicago metro-area.”

Construction will start in December and first services are expected to be online in late March 2011."

Can you please provide proof that you own the datacenter?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AThomasHowe said:
    Should you want to learn about Liberty Global they've already made a few pages explaining who and what they are. It's not exactly the same as the Yomura situation is it?

It's the same insofar as you have a massive company that nobody really knows of and sits in the shadows buying companies up, the only difference simply comes from LG having a website and Yomura not having one.

Of everyone's issue is the lack of publicly available information then fair enough, but I sensed that perhaps that wasn't the case. I think a lot of folks expect hosts to be owned by bigger hosts, like Serverian's many brands.

• @Cltcam - I am sorry but I am not here to prove anything, I am not Yomura's spokemans neither are you a Yomura customer.

But Yomura does have a Miami datacentre though for the scope of LET where Delimiter is selling services, Delimiter does not offer services there yet. When it does, then I suggest you fire off an email to Delimiter and ask them for the details.

• @Cltcam - you didn't address my question about access and control vis-a-vis Delimiter.

• Maybe that's other peoples agenda @Nekki, not mine though, and not really the vibe I got from the thread.

And @Mark, that's all great and it instills a lot of confidence. I am well aware that a lot of people here think that a business isn't necessarily a legal entity, I know a little about business myself, although obviously not as much as the practical knowledge of a lot of people here.

I don't really think I'm gonna change your mind and like I said, you're obviously doing fine without the AThomasHowe stamp of approval in your signature, just giving my input.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AThomasHowe said: Maybe that's other peoples agenda @Nekki, not mine though, and not really the vibe I got from the thread.

I wasn't really aimed at you mate, I'd credit you with a more nous than the majority.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • @Nekki - I think we're going round in circles again. People want information that no-one in Yomura is interested in giving. We're not a public company so we have no obligation to disclose our business operations. This has been hashed out time and time again. Its not going to change because there is no interest.

If you buy from Delimiter, then you are buying from them; not Yomura.

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • @AThomasHowe - its not about changing my mind, I have said on here many times that I have tried to get the company to be more open about its operations. But each time I just get blank stares as if to say I am crazy or stupid.

The Yomura fact finding missions have gone on for years, they always end up with 99% speculation and 1% fact. The problem is that unless the company is going to open up its operation then its waste of time; I don't think that will change. They prefer to quietly buy things rather than rush out saying we bought X or we did Y. Its way too conservative for that.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Cltcam - I am sorry but I am not here to prove anything, I am not Yomura's spokemans neither are you a Yomura customer.

But Yomura does have a Miami datacentre though for the scope of LET where Delimiter is selling services, Delimiter does not offer services there yet. When it does, then I suggest you fire off an email to Delimiter and ask them for the details.

Delimiter is a sub divisn of Yomura, yet I can't contact Yomura to ask about their datacenters? Delimiter doesn't own the datacenters. According to your post here, Yomura is the one who acquires the datacenters. http://www.i-newswire.com/yomura-holdings-to-invest-5m-into/73041 Very weird..

• I think there is nothing new to add to this topic. You can search WHT and LET for the numerous discussion which are almost identical. If there is something specific you want to know by all means PM me and I will try to assist you.

• @Cltcam - nearly missed you. Yomura doesn't sell datacentre services or actually any service to the public. You need to go via one of their subsidiaries to buy services. So if you want rack space then why not contact Delimiter and ask them for pricing and information.

• Honestly folks what we have is a beautiful pr campaign. It's like the movie star who shuns publicity yet gets more due to that fact. What I don't like is the incessant offer barrage and use of LET as their help desk to push sales to completion. Mark seems to be Steves prodder to finish sales off and get services provisioned. All of that really should be on Delimiters site not here.

However, in their defense everyone keeps asking for proof. Do you ask ford if they own their car plants. Coke their bottling plants. Your favorite beer that outsources production (yes craft beers do that too). Everyone is banging on them about what they own yet no one is banging on them as to the extent of their engineering staff, what kind of bandwidth providers they have etc etc. Besides- you can own a datacenter- but the bank really owns it all. You can lease a whole datacenter and do a midnight run across borders (Burst.net). You can up and shed a large customer- burst.enet/volumedrive.

So everyone keeps banging on the wrong questions and the other questions the real ones- they don't have to answer because they are a private company.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanked by 1rds100
  • @Just_A_Noob said:
    Honestly folks what we have is a beautiful pr campaign. It's like the movie star who shuns publicity yet gets more due to that fact. What I don't like is the incessant offer barrage and use of LET as their help desk to push sales to completion. Mark seems to be Steves prodder to finish sales off and get services provisioned. All of that really should be on Delimiters site not here.

However, in their defense everyone keeps asking for proof. Do you ask ford if they own their car plants. Coke their bottling plants. Your favorite beer that outsources production (yes craft beers do that too). Everyone is banging on them about what they own yet no one is banging on them as to the extent of their engineering staff, what kind of bandwidth providers they have etc etc. Besides- you can own a datacenter- but the bank really owns it all. You can lease a whole datacenter and do a midnight run across borders (Burst.net). You can up and shed a large customer- burst.enet/volumedrive.

So everyone keeps banging on the wrong questions and the other questions the real ones- they don't have to answer because they are a private company.

Although this is somewhat true, I would like you to consider the fact that Coke, Ford, Pepsi, ETC, make information readably available and do not refuse to give it out. Go to pepsi, and you'll see a "Who we are" tab. Also, Pepsi makes it known that they own their own facilities...

• YOMURA IS NOT A LEGALLY ESTABLISHED COMPANY. PERIOD.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Cltcam - nearly missed you. Yomura doesn't sell datacentre services or actually any service to the public. You need to go via one of their subsidiaries to buy services. So if you want rack space then why not contact Delimiter and ask them for pricing and information.

I think you're misreading my question here. An employee states here http://www.i-newswire.com/yomura-holdings-to-invest-5m-into/73041 that you're constructing a new datacenter. You are, not delimiter. This is why I would like to contact Yomura in regards to their datacenter, not Delimiter. I don't want rack space. I want information on the ownership of the datacenter. Don't say that you want to keep your PR low as an excuse to avoid the question please. Any official company could easily and would happily answer a question similar to this.

• citcam does your company and you have a who we are page where you disclose everything about your company any yourself- including all of your vendor agreements which in many cases can be viewed as confidential?

• I dont get all the concern over this. Root Level Tech does the same thing with a lot of LEB brands http://www.rootleveltech.com/

• @Kerouac - That point was banded around 5 years ago, its been more than covered. Do your homework properly.

@Cltcam - And what basis would we want to discuss our business, infrastructure or operations with you? If we wanted to make it public, we would. We don't sell services to the public so again nothing to do with you; the company that I think you had a run in with (Delimiter) doesn't offer services in that datacentre so again, there is no public offer that you are privvy to that requires any disclosure.

I don't understand why you think we (Yomura) have any obligation to disclose any of our business dealings, practices or business locations, because we don't.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited April 2014

A Yomura employee stated that they own their own datacenters, but when I question other Yomura employees about the situation, they tell me to contact Delimiter. They're two separate entities, why would I contact Delimiter with a question regarding datacenter ownership when Yomura is the one claims to own it, not Delimter. I don't care about an about page, I just want an answer to the simple question. Unless of course, the question continues to he ovoided. http://www.rootleveltech.com/ has a contact button, Yumora refuses to answer any questions or contact. Completely different.

• Yomura obviously want to keep their distance from their brands. It appears they use a nominee director ( who has held many directorships including for a company called 'Maid in Latex Ltd') for Delimiter and their financials don't appear to tally with their appeared size/sales; so how much money stays within the company or the UK who knows.

I think they have proven they are not looking to do a mad dash with your money and service appears to be good for the price. I think that is all that really matters. Their business ownership/structure may be unclear; however dig into many larger companies and you'll likely find the same or worse.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Setsura
  • Capitalism- if you don't like the answers- take the dollars dinero ruples elsewhere. if they don't answer questions to your liking or in a prompt manner- find a vendor that will. They seem content with their approach which is their choice

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited April 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Kerouac - That point was banded around 5 years ago, its been more than covered. Do your homework properly.

Cltcam - And what basis would we want to discuss our business, infrastructure or operations with you? If we wanted to make it public, we would. We don't sell services to the public so again nothing to do with you; the company that I think you had a run in with (Delimiter) doesn't offer services in that datacentre so again, there is no public offer that you are privvy to that requires any disclosure.

I don't understand why you think we (Yomura) have any obligation to disclose any of our business dealings, practices or business locations, because we don't.

Of course. I just Don't understand why your superiors create publicity for themselves such as http://www.i-newswire.com/yomura-holdings-to-invest-5m-into/73041then refuse to answer questions regarding the operation?

• @Cltcam - You are an enduser or maybe even a company, why would Yomura be interested in talking to you? Just help me understand this point? We don't sell to anyone buy our internal brands/subsidiaries. How do you fit into that criteria? You don't. So tough luck, you end up without the knowledge. Its like Kentucky Friend Chicken (can you see what I am eating for dinner), they have their 'secret blend of herbs and spices' - if you send them an email for the recipe what will they say? They tell you the same, its nothing to do with you.

I am sure that plenty of companies are only happy to sit and spout about their 'networks' and their 'datacentres'; welcome to the one thats not. If you don't like the way we guard our business information then as @Just_A_Noob says take your pennies and spend them elsewhere. If this mentality was going to change, it would have changed years ago, so its safer to assume that its not.

Thanked by 2Virtovo linuxthefish
  • CltcamCltcam Member
    edited April 2014

Just for everyone's information, https://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=303101 is Yomura's "Director of Business" http://www.i-newswire.com/yomura-holdings-to-open-first-cloud/85455

Here is a post from Giles regarding one of Yomura's Acquired businesses. https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=901172

"I handled the acquisition for Yomura. You'll find details of other companies we have acquired here on WHT by searching my posting history. You'll see in each case, the company's customer service, reliability and quality of deliverable has increased.

If you have any questions, fire away.

Regards
    Giles"

Seems like Giles is very open to answering questions regarding Yumora. @MarkTurner What do you say? Should I shoot him an email?

• @Cltcam - Director Business Development - Correct - but very old news