Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• wychwych Member

Incero said: Hi @wych, while a little too late for you, we do appreciate your feedback. Feedback helps us build a better service!

That was agessss ago, pretty sure I have been back since then :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

@kcaj said:

Not at all, this a short list of the carriers available in the building to our colocation and dedicated server clients. We provide custom enterprise solutions to those that want to bring in their own blend. You can see our network blend and stats via http://www.incero.com/network

Thanked by 2J1021 SpeedyKVM
  • J1021J1021 Member

@ryanarp Fair point, I shouldn't be cross referencing the Incero site with the Wable site anyway!

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Not related to the current topic, but the new snapshots feature saved my ass last week. I saw the facebook update and setup weekly snapshots, an upgrade didn't go to plan and I was able to rollback to the previous night's backup in ~3 mins.

Thanked by 3Lee SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Is there an easy way that I have not found yet to move a VM to another location, e.g. NYC->Dallas?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Amitz said:
    Is there an easy way that I have not found yet to move a VM to another location, e.g. NYC->Dallas?

Snapshot and deploy the snapshot in the new location.

Thanked by 2Amitz SpeedyKVM
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Any IP change happening during the process?

• LeeLee Veteran

With a location change, probably.

Thanked by 2Amitz SpeedyKVM
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You know, all things considered, I have to say my Wable VPS is still the one I log into the most. I rely on it to always be up as it runs queries against my other servers to provide a quick overview of live events, as well as monitoring uptime. Despite considering the people running it to be friends of mine, I wouldn't be using it like this if it wasn't awesome. So even though I'm biased, it's quite a reliable system.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Jar said:
    You know, all things considered, I have to say my Wable VPS is still the one I log into the most. I rely on it to always be up as it runs queries against my other servers to provide a quick overview of live events, as well as monitoring uptime. Despite considering the people running it to be friends of mine, I wouldn't be using it like this if it wasn't awesome. So even though I'm biased, it's quite a reliable system.

My Wable VPS is the most stable and reliable OpenVZ container that I ever had. Period. And I had LOTS of them over the last years. Wable is my US-american Prometeus (will always be my first choice in EU) when it comes to reliability.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • LeeLee Veteran

@jar - that was believable up to the point of claiming you have friends.

• @Amitz how does it compare to your KVM/Xen vpses ? (if you got any.)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    Amitz how does it compare to your KVM/Xen vpses ? (if you got any.)

Yes, I have some Xen and KVM VMs. If you do not need the additional features that Xen/KVM offer (own kernel, full encryption, blahblup) then you will not feel any difference. I have yet to see any noisy neighbour in my munin graphs.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • vldvld Member

@Incerco where is the bug bounty program? :)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

joepie91 said: And this one, that I'm fairly sure would just be straight-out illegal in the Netherlands:

Foul, explicit, rude, or abusive language will not be tolerated and may result in immediate account termination without refund.

So if a customer came on the phone or arrived at an office in the Netherlands then started shouting abuse or behaving in a threatening manner it would be illegal to tell them you no longer want them as a customer? Or is it the refund part?

Don't really get the sense in that at all. Any business should have the right to choose whether or not to continue dealing with an abusive customer.

Certainly in the UK you would be told to go and there would be no legal issue with that. In fact you would be criticised more for not telling them to leave as a customer.

Mind you at least for it's faults if they are faults it's been written by Incero. I doubt some of the hosts on here even read their own ToS when they copy pasted them from another site.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Lee said: Or is it the refund part?

Indeed, that is the problem. You can't just terminate service and keep the money.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

Yeah well in fairness that probably would be a sticky point here in the UK too, kick them out, yes that's your choice but you would not be able to hold back a refund.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Lee said:
    Snapshot and deploy the snapshot in the new location.

Just to confirm: Worked like a charm! :-)

Thanked by 2Lee ryanarp
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Amitz said:

Yup, it does what it's supposed to, I tested it a couple of times just to make sure and no issues at all.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited June 2015

@Amitz said:

@Lee said:

Thanks guys, we passed 10,000 snapshots on Friday night! :-) A fun milestone for us.

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@Incero said:
    Thanks guys, we passed 10,000 snapshots on Friday night! :-) A fun milestone for us.

Any discount you are planning to throw on this special occasion :)?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

raza19 said: Any discount you are planning to throw on this special occasion :)?

Because plan 3 + powerboost for $8/month isn't enough?

• @Nekki said:

It's $8 more expensive than the LET golden standard :D

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@Nekki said:

Never hurts to ask for a discount :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

If that "golden standard" would just not always have "Auto-Deadpool" included with the offer... ;-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

raza19 said: Never hurts to ask for a discount :)

It hurts FEELINGS.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@raza19 said:
    Never hurts to ask for a discount :)

It makes a little kitten in a parallel universe very sad.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited June 2015

@raza19 said:
    Any discount you are planning to throw on this special occasion :)?

Bundle #3 is discounted 50% already, and then there is the powerboost promo that Neki was kindly referring to;

• register here :)
    • choose bundle #3 or higher to qualify for powerboost
    • pay
    • click here :)
    • watch your resources increase ( 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage )
  • LeeLee Veteran

Anyone that complains about that price for the resource on offer to create multiple VPS is more than welcome to try this provider first to appreciate value for money.

Thanked by 3SpeedyKVM ryanarp wych
  • isaaclisaacl Member

Is there any way to get multiple bundle #3's on one account?