Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited July 2014

@Whoa said:
    And the bundles pricing seems a little counterintuitive ... $0.75/m for 1 VPS but $6/m for 2 VPS ?

75 cent plans go on HDD lower ram, older proc servers, we attempt to illustrate this on the home and bundle pages. The bundle 1 servers are full of Chinese customers typically and service levels reflect that.

Bundle #2 and higher deploy on SSD RAID servers with high ram and modern CPUs.

An example;
    Seattle Bundle #1 servers: E3-1230, 32GB RAM, 1gig uplink, Hard drives, throttled IO

Seattle Bundle #3 servers: Dual Xeon E5-2690v2, 384GB RAM, massive RAID 10 SSD, 20gig uplink, massive IO

The 75cent plan is not representative of the performance of the rest of the service. It's intended for Chinese VPN customers etc. We'll expand the FAQ with more info here, as you raised a common point (about the bundles being different in price).

Thanked by 1Whoa
  • What I meant was that if I deploy a VPS in the same time zone as where I live, the time should be correct and I should not worry about the restriction or the feature not available. Now, Wabble node is using Texas time; I deployed my VPS in their Seattle location so I was expecting the same time as Los Angeles. :(

I cancelled the account.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • Be careful, they don't offer refund. One day cost me $5.33. :(

Invoice #2527

Date: 2014-07-11 01:36:49

Sub Total: $5.33

Tax: $0.00

Total: $5.33

We do not offer refunds. Here is your usage history;

904810  Delete command sent.    155106153   2014-07-11 12:07:59
    904596  RDNS for IP set to hostname 0   2014-07-11 11:12:18
    903978  Reload OS command sent. 155106153   2014-07-11 08:55:28
    902661  Client login.   0   2014-07-11 03:05:45
    902636  RDNS for IP set to hostname 0   2014-07-11 02:58:37
    902029  RDNS for IP set to hostname     0   2014-07-11 01:56:31
    901970  A user has requested a vps with the resources RAM: 2, CPU: 3, Disk: 50, Dist: centos-6-x86_64, Loc: Seattle 0 2014-07-11 01:46:43
    901971  Create VM command sent. 155106153   2014-07-11 01:46:43
    901957  Forced billing page 0   2014-07-11 01:36:05
    901954  User requested bundle #3    0   2014-07-11 01:36:04
    901955  Set package to #3. CPU: 3, RAM: 2, Disk: 50.    0   2014-07-11 01:36:04
    901956  Inserted a charge for bundle #3. $5.33 (tax: ). 0   2014-07-11 01:36:04
    901870  opened ticket asking if user needs help with signup.    0   2014-07-11 01:27:02
    901851  Client login.   0   2014-07-11 01:17:22

----------------------------------------------
    Ticket ID: #064786400140509
    Subject: Cancel and refund account. [i5,b3]
    Ticket URL: https://wable.com/tickets

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2014

@hdpixel said:
    What I meant was that if I deploy a VPS in the same time zone as where I live, the time should be correct and I should not worry about the restriction or the feature not available. Now, Wabble node is using Texas time; I deployed my VPS in their Seattle location so I was expecting the same time as Los Angeles. :(

I cancelled the account.

OpenVZ doesn't work that way. In fact, no virtualization sets its time zone by your billing address. Learn about the product you buy, don't blame the provider of the product for your misunderstanding of its functionality.

@hdpixel said:
    Be careful, they don't offer refund. One day cost me $5.33. :(

Reading is hard.

• @jar The cancellation section doesn't say anything about refund. https://wable.com/tos Can you point me to the section where they say, "No refund" if customer finds the service is not suitable or whatever other language they use? Thanks.

Btw, later, I will be checking out your mail services. Any MX servers in California? Thank you.

edited July 2014

@hdpixel said:
    jar The cancellation section doesn't say anything about refund. https://wable.com/tos Can you point me to the section where they say, "No refund" if customer finds the service is not suitable or whatever other language they use? Thanks.

Btw, later, I will be checking out your mail services. Any MX servers in California? Thank you.

I'll give you that. Most services here don't refund though. Especially when charging so little.

MXroute is hosted on Catalyst Host in Dallas but the secondary relay is in LA. I'd like to consider location choices with what I'm calling MXroute v2. Just make sure you communicate expectations up front so I can tell you if I can meet them :P

Timezone has been updated on the new Seattle server, thanks guys :)

• WhoaWhoa Member
    edited July 2014

Incero said: 75 cent plans go on HDD lower ram, older proc servers, we attempt to illustrate this on the home and bundle pages. The bundle 1 servers are full of Chinese customers typically and service levels reflect that.

Fair enough.
    Lower spec storage, no SMTP and lower bandwidth - this I could see on the website.
    The older processor and throttled I/O parts, however, I couldn't.

My reason was : there's just no way for me to create 2 "low" spec VPS, say for DNS.

@Whoa said:
    My reason was : there's just no way for me to create 2 "low" spec VPS, say for DNS.

Actually that would be cool. To set the lowest at least at 256mb.

@Jar said:
    Actually that would be cool. To set the lowest at least at 256mb.

We tried this with our BETA brand last year/early this year and the result was too many tickets, because people would be trying to install cpanel and various other software like vnc server which benefit from or require 512mb or higher. Based on that we priced bundle #2 (which allows 2x 512mb VPS) at the price that we would want to charge for 1x VPS.

So the short answer is, please use bundle #2 and consider the 2x 512mb a free upgrade from 2x 256mb.

Thanked by 3Whoa ryanarp jar
  • LeeLee Veteran

I like wable, that is all.

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • DylanDylan Member

@Incero

Do you plan on releasing a CentOS 7 template at some point?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Dylan said: o you plan on releasing a CentOS 7 template at some point?

Yes, we will release it when it is no longer in the Beta Templates category.

• @amarc said:
    Incero is there any chance for any "minimal" template (centos, debian. ubuntu). When I say "minimal" I mean template without all that junk preinstalled (httpd, samba etc.. )

+1 on minimal templates. Been using the service for a couple weeks now and love it.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

TBH less ram on OVZ is actually a premium feature, less VMs and/or processes per node, E3 is also better, IMO, in many situations, so, besides the chinese thing (I have seen how a BlueVM node can do in LA compared with Buffallo) imo, the 0.75 bundle seems "more premium" than the number 2.

• wychwych Member

Any issues in NYC guys?

@mikeyur said:
    +1 on minimal templates. Been using the service for a couple weeks now and love it.

Minimal templates along with Suse 13.1, Ubuntu 14.04 and CentOS 7 have been added. Thanks :)

@Dylan said:
    Incero

Do you plan on releasing a CentOS 7 template at some point?

Done.

@amarc said:
    Incero is there any chance for any "minimal" template (centos, debian. ubuntu). When I say "minimal" I mean template without all that junk preinstalled (httpd, samba etc.. )

This is done also, thanks.

@msg7086 said:
    The only thing so far I can't accept, is the lack of a console access.

If you have trouble on ssh server, you'll have (almost) no chance to recover your data.

Thanks for your comment. Console access is now live, no plugins are needed (no java) and it's served over https/ssl.

Here's a demo video; https://wable.com/faq#faq-26

• IPv6? :(

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2014

Fantastic it's been the one and only thing missing for me.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Pyr02k1Pyr02k1 Member
    edited December 2014

My side or your side?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Pyr02k1 said: My side or your side?

Try it on your PC, i've seen issues with phones lately.

edited December 2014

@Pyr02k1 said:

My side or your side?

Can you try clearing your cache. I forget the previous issuer name, but we changed ssl provider in the past few weeks to support multiple sub domains.

What device are you on? This is what I see in chrome on mac;

edit: seems like the right cert. What device are you on?

• @Incero said:

Can confirm no issues on my end - Windows 7 latest Chrome.

Apparently you need to update android per one of our techs.

• @Incero

Looks like you're missing an intermediate certificate:
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=wable.com&latest

Chrome for Android doesn't automatically download/cache intermediates like the desktop version. I can replicate what @Pyr02k1 sees on both my tablet and phone.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM