Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• sinsin Member

Oh man this is so tempting with the snapshots now...must...not...spend..more money arrrggh! Moved Wable to the top of my next purchase list

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

A notice was emailed to clients about snapshots, it can be viewed here;
    Snapshots added to Wable, AUTOMATIC SNAPSHOTS HAVE BEEN ENABLED. Please view this COSTS and FEATURES notice; http://wable.com/snapshotsnotice.html (holy capsman)

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2015

@Incero said:
    Snapshots added to Wable, AUTOMATIC SNAPSHOTS HAVE BEEN ENABLED.
    http://wable.com/snapshotsnotice.html (holy capsman)

Sweet! Tempted to grab another bundle to test them out.

Is powerboost also still active?

@wych said:
    Is powerboost also still active?

Yes.

Need more for free? Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher). Click it while you can, promo will end soon. (To use the promo, sign up at wable, choose bundle 3 or higher, pay for your bundle, then come back here and click the powerboost link, you will see your resources increase).

Thanked by 1wych
  • Does Wable have a feature that will shutdown your VPS(es) when a certain % of the bandwidth allocation is reached? I see the ToS states 50 cents a gigabyte for overage -- that could get really expensive if your servers are under a DDoS attack or something.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • J1021J1021 Member

AutoSnipe said: @deadbeef @Jar - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1070562/#Comment_1070562

But I've heard, they will shape the CPU speed to 100Mhz if it's sustained. but, best to get confirmation on that part.

@Incero did you miss this post?

@JoeMerit said:
    Does Wable have a feature that will shutdown your VPS(es) when a certain % of the bandwidth allocation is reached? I see the ToS states 50 cents a gigabyte for overage -- that could get really expensive if your servers are under a DDoS attack or something.

Bandwidth is currently unmetered.

@kcaj said:
    Incero did you miss this post?

e: [email protected] if you have any concerns about planned applications on our nodes. Typically our nodes are massively over provisioned with lots of capacity, with no container noise issues.

• J1021J1021 Member

Incero said: e: [email protected] if you have any concerns about planned applications on our nodes. Typically our nodes are massively over provisioned with lots of capacity, with no container noise issues.

The user linked above hasn't experienced this and you're failing to defend yourself. It doesn't look good, that's all.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Incero said:

Need more for free? Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher). Click it while you can, promo will end soon. (To use the promo, sign up at wable, choose bundle 3 or higher, pay for your bundle, then come back here and click the powerboost link, you will see your resources increase).

Thanks, just used powerboost! and it works, hahahahaha,

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
    edited June 2015

@kcaj said:
    The user linked above hasn't experienced this and you're failing to defend yourself. It doesn't look good, that's all.

Here are our loads (all machines are way below their CPU counts);

I'm not aware of any ongoing issues. Clients who use more cores than they purchase (e.g. overload) will be notified, and limited if they don't reduce. Clients who use their purchased cores are fine. 1 core = 1.0 load or below.

Specific questions need to be sent in tickets so that we can review your account.

• r0t3nr0t3n Member

@Incero I sent a sales email into Wable regarding a 'planned application', which in its current state has not used more than 1.4 load, its a single core multi threaded application, and you said you would only allow it on bundle #6 or higher... So if I would not even use more than 2.0 load, why are you saying I need a 12 cpu bundle to run a <=2.0 load application?

edited June 2015

@r0t3n said:
    Incero I sent a sales email into Wable regarding a 'planned application', which in its current state has not used more than 1.4 load, its a single core multi threaded application, and you said you would only allow it on bundle #6 or higher... So if I would not even use more than 2.0 load, why are you saying I need a 12 cpu bundle to run a <=2.0 load application?

Paste the full ticket here and we'll all know why..... I can't magically guess what ticket is yours :-). However if you emailed before signing up, and we thought your application was something that needed more resources, of course we would have told you that. We're very open about asking people not to signup with us if we think their programs will cause abuse, network attacks, etc.

Thanks!

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2015

Incero said: I'm not aware of any ongoing issues. Clients who use more cores than they purchase (e.g. overload) will be notified, and limited if they don't reduce. Clients who use their purchased cores are fine. 1 core = 1.0 load or below.

It isn't (or shouldn't) be possible for your clients to steal more CPU time from the host node because they're utilising their allocated cores as you seem to be suggesting.

As you're posting claims here that customers can hit their cores as heavy and for as long they desire, I think you need to look into the individual cases and clarify.

Thanked by 2vimalware BensDaMan
  • r0t3nr0t3n Member

@Incero ticket id is 075804200143207, I don't see the need to paste the full ticket here.

If I required extra resources in the future, I would upgrade. I don't really need someone telling me what resources my application would/may need. I also asked if I could try it on a smaller bundle and if required I would upgrade to a suitable bundle, but you still insisted on bundle #6 or higher from the get go, and you never really explained why a bigger bundle was required, so not really as open as your making out.

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2015

If you're on plan 3, don't exceed ~140 units (could be less) of CPU usage for a period of 3 days or you'll get a notification that your VM is declocked to 100 Mhz. Most applications won't do that but it depends on what you're running.

Edit to clarify: 140 units is a measurement that could be done with OpenVZ. To my understanding, 100 units is 100% of 1 core. So 140 is about 1 core and a half.

Thanked by 1BensDaMan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

kcaj said: As you're posting claims here that customers can hit their cores as heavy and for as long they desire, I think you need to look into the individual cases and clarify.

He told you that it's allowed, showed you that nodes are under control. Even I'm confused about what more you're asking for.

• blackblack Member

@Jar You can't use 100% of your CPU, regardless if you're on powerboost or not.

edited June 2015

@black said:
    Jar You can't use 100% of your CPU, regardless if you're on powerboost or not.

Meh, oh well, I love my dedis for CPU intense stuff :D

Never heard anything about the 100Mhz thing though. I suppose me and Ryan spend more time playing Halo than talking Wable policy though :P

Thanked by 2ryanarp Pwner
  • J1021J1021 Member

Jar said: He told you that it's allowed, showed you that nodes are under control. Even I'm confused about what more you're asking for.

I'm just asking him to look into the cases mentioned here for just a few minutes vs completely overlooking them.

@Incero is claiming customers can use CPU at 100% for sustained periods of time, @black is saying he had his account CPU limited and then his account terminated allegedly for using too much CPU. Now if @black is wrong, surely it's in the best interests of @Incero to look into this case and find out what has gone wrong?

I'm still failing to understand this comment from @Incero.

Incero said: Clients who use more cores than they purchase (e.g. overload) will be notified, and limited if they don't reduce. Clients who use their purchased cores are fine. 1 core = 1.0 load or below.

How are Wable containers managing to consume more CPU than the cores they're allocated?

edited June 2015

kcaj said: I'm just asking him to look into the cases mentioned here for just a few minutes vs completely overlooking them.

Ah I see

kcaj said: How are Wable containers managing to consume more CPU than the cores they're allocated?

I mean, you can have one core and a load of 40. We've definitely all been there. So if it's 1 load per CPU core that makes sense then.

0101> @wych said:

I just asked for it and got told point blank no rdns, asked for a refund and told no refunds on wable...

Hi @wych, while a little too late for you, we do appreciate your feedback. Feedback helps us build a better service!

RDNS can be set with Bundle #3 or higher, per our FAQ; https://wable.com/faq#faq-20

A 72 hour refund period was also recently added (up to $25); https://wable.com/faq#faq-29

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Incero New York and Seattle seem singlehomed ? any plans on expanding on that

Thanked by 1J1021
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

Looked into this after a deal from them on VPSBoard, and ran into some rather... unpleasant Terms of Service. Reposting it here so that everybody is aware of them, copied from the VPSBoard post:

Our SLA is applicable only to issues where a customer has opened and paid for a high priority ticket (the $35 high priority ticket fee will be refunded if the issue turns out to be hardware failure).

Incero may port scan IPs from 23.29.121.146 to discover protocols being used on IPs. In general Incero may typically scan ports once per 24 hour period, however during IPV4 applications (by clients or by Incero to ARIN), an increased amount of scanning may occur. Incero typically only port scans a customer IP when that IP is not responding to ping.

We reserve the right to disclose information relating to you and your use of our products and services, if such information is disclosed in connection with an investigation or in order to prevent the death of or bodily harm to any individual, as determined by us in our sole discretion.

Bandwidth used in excess of your allotted amount will be charged at $0.50 per gigabyte of data transfer. We reserve the right to reduce a client’s port speed if the client is expected to exceed their allowance. This cap will remain in place until the client provides a deposit for estimated overages or upgrades their bandwidth plan so that their expected usage will not incur any overages.

If we determine that your server or services are a DDOS magnet or are otherwise likely to negatviely impact the uptime or performance of our network we reserve the right to suspend or terminate all services in the account without notice.

When less than $1.50 is due for any partial calendar month the rate for that period will be set to $1.50, this is because we face a certain amount of human costs for processing each order, whereby a human needs to manually review the order and apply anti fraud measures.

Special offer/discounted servers may not be used to replace existing services. Cancellation of any server will result in promotion pricing being removed from all servers ordered on special offer/discount, regular pricing for all servers will be applied.

And this one, that I'm fairly sure would just be straight-out illegal in the Netherlands:

Foul, explicit, rude, or abusive language will not be tolerated and may result in immediate account termination without refund.

EDIT: These are 8 different snippets found in different places in the TOS, but Vanilla seems to be concatenating them together in a single quote block for some reason. They're not continuous in the original; just excerpts.

edited June 2015

All looks good to me. You can't please people who obsess over these details and are not providers (meaning they lack the experience behind the decisions), it's just not possible. People who seek to find things to be upset over will always find it.

Have a beer. Most companies will bend their TOS in your favor when they see that it's justified. As long as the TOS isn't like "we reserve the right to break into your home and murder your family."

edited June 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    Incero New York and Seattle seem singlehomed ? any plans on expanding on that

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the comment. Everything is redundant.

NYC is a single carrier but is on a redundant router fed switch (nlayer/gtt, so when they do router updates they do one, then the other for no downtime), we've had 100% uptime there.

Seattle has;

• 40gig Zayo (2x 20gig to diverse Zayo routers)
    • 20gig nLayer/gtt
    • 10gig SIX (amazon, softlayer, facebook, highwinds, he.net, and about 50-70 other peers).

All locations are using servers with A+B PSUs, fed by A+B PSU from A+B UPS, and redundant generators. We've had 100% uptime on our A+B setups for years.

No expense has been spared in terms of infrastructure.

Thanked by 1ryanarp

Jar said: You can't please people who obsess over these details and are not providers (meaning they lack the experience behind the decisions), it's just not possible.

TOS are a serious matter, especially when it includes terms that go beyond "your service can be suspended or terminated" (as is the case here).

Jar said: Most companies will bend their TOS in your favor when they see that it's justified.

These TOS are quite a bit beyond the 'protective' terms that I've seen at other companies, and it's clearly not boilerplate either.

edited June 2015

@joepie91 said:

We appreciate your feedback, a lot. If you're not happy with the TOS we simply ask that you do not sign up. I believe that most customers are comforted by us being in business since 2008 (this doesn't happen without providing stable service), and by our offering of a 72 hour money back guarantee.

Sorry to hear that you wont be using Wable.

Incero said: We appreciate your feedback, a lot. If you're not happy with the TOS we simply ask that you do not sign up. I believe that most customers are comforted by us being in business since 2008 (this doesn't happen without providing stable service), and by our offering of a 72 hour money back guarantee.

I understand that, and that was indeed the decision I've made. I just wanted to make sure that everybody was aware of these (unusual) terms, seeing as most people don't seem to actually read Terms of Service.

No ill will :)

• J1021J1021 Member

Incero said: NYC is a single carrier but is on a redundant router fed switch (nlayer/gtt, so when they do router updates they do one, then the other for no downtime), we've had 100% uptime there.

Is this then a mistake on your website?