Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• Awesome. Just wanted to check. Figured it was my side... Haven't updated my rom in quite a while. All on Chrome Beta on a slim kat rom from a couple of months back.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Nah. I have a Nexus tablet running the absolute latest version of Android (5.0.1) and it behaves the same, as does my phone with 4.4.4. It's just how Android works; they even talk about in the documentation.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

ubuntu 14.04 non minimal has been added, we've had minimal since it was released but just added the standard version, I forget who was asking for it as this thread is so long, but it is up now.

edited May 2015

@gutshotz said:
    Dang! That covers my wishlist, look forward to seeing how snapshots and backups are implemented, along with the API functionality :)

Sorry for the delay.

Backups/snapshots have been completed, www.wable.com/snapshots
    You can:

• have snapshots created automatically on a schedule

• have snapshots deleted automatically on a schedule

• manually create snapshots

• manually delete snapshots

• use snapshots as templates to spin up new servers (aka cloning) even across different cities.

Snapshots are:

• highly redundant, stored on redundant disk arrays
    • stored in a minimum of two cities
    • billed by creation and storage in use on the first of the month.

Screenshot 1 (manual creation button);

Screenshot 2 (schedule settings);

Screenshot 3 (snapshots overview page, with restore (thunderbolt icon), clone (plus icon), and delete (x icon);

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Will Debian 8 soon be an option?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@jaypeesmith said:

Will Debian 8 soon be an option?

Sure, We will add it once out of Beta for OpenVZ.

• It is great, but it seems we cannot choose which VM to be backed up? E.g. I create some several VMs as redundant / backup for the main VM, but it is costly to take snapshots of these.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Just ordered a bundle #3. For the love.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp

@nhocconan said:
    It is great, but it seems we cannot choose which VM to be backed up? E.g. I create some several VMs as redundant / backup for the main VM, but it is costly to take snapshots of these.

Can you clarify what part you think is "expensive"? A lot of snapshots are only ~5cents. You can also delete your snapshots on the last day of the month, to avoid being billed for storage of them on the 1st. That, my friend, I think is an awesomely good deal. Plus the snapshots are stored in 2 cities minimum for disaster recovery. Bargain.

Here is out snapshot billing FAQ entry;
    https://wable.com/faq#faq-28

Of course you can always also just turn off auto snapshots, and manually snapshot if you prefer. However I would suggest having auto snapshots on, to prevent you forgetting to take the snapshots.

edited May 2015

@Amitz said:
    Just ordered a bundle #3. For the love.

Thanks very much. Click powerboost after you pay, to get more for free; http://www.wable.com/?powerboost=1

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I am just completing my first month on #3 myself. Got that powerboost deal also. :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

A minimal fee for snapshots seems fair, since it'll stop people being dicks and snapshotting everything just for shits and giggles.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • isaaclisaacl Member

Awesome stuff!
    Makes my $8 plan even more worthwhile (been using it for occasional testing for now, but going to be moving more things over soon).
    And the LET community probably wants an option to auto delete snapshots on a specific date/day of the month... :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Incero Is Docker supported?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@deadbeef said:
    Incero Is Docker supported?

I think it's venet across the nodes. It is on mine at least. Would kill the bridge requirement.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM deadbeef
  • @Jar said:
    I think it's venet across the nodes. It is on mine at least. Would kill the bridge requirement.

A pity. Thanks Jar!

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited May 2015

@Incero said:

I am sorry but it seems you did not catch my idea. Let me clarify it:

• i go to https://wable.com/snapshots for automatic snapshot schedule.

• When configuring for automatic snapshot, there is not an option to select which VM for this. E.g. I only want to automatically take snapshot of only 1 of 5 VMs since other one might have the same content.

• So instead of only take one snapshot of 1 VM daily, everything is multiplied by 5. --> This is what I mentioned that it might cost more than what I can use.

IMHO, automatic snapshot in this case is useful for backup purpose, so it is painful to manually do it for backing up each VM. Of course using snapshot to spin up a new VM is great too :-)

P.S. I accessed the panel via iPad so what I described is based on what I saw in the screen.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM tomsfarm
    edited May 2015

@deadbeef said:
    Incero Is Docker supported?

Docker support is on our todo list! please post your request at http://wable.uservoice.com

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited May 2015

@Incero said:
    Please post your request at http://wable.uservoice.com

Done. I'll get a bundle #3 anyway, the price is great - now I need to find what to use them for until docker support is implemented. :D

Thanked by 2nhocconan SpeedyKVM
  • nightshadenightshade Member
    edited May 2015

@nhocconan said:

I think I see what @nhocconan is saying. You can only setup auto snapshots for all your servers.

If I am reading this correctly snapshots have been enable for every 7 days by default! Shouldn't that be set to "Never" as default.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • Got it & the powerboost wasn't bad either ;) Now time to play with it! Just to make sure I don't do anything wrong by mistake, the vCores are dedicated or fair use? Didn't see anything on the FAQ section.

@nightshade said:

An email will go out to users next week, you can disable it and you will not owe anything.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
    edited May 2015
    # ./speedtest-cli 
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Incero LLC (x)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by Grande Communications (Austin, TX) [7.23 km]: 64.337 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 282.10 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 57.07 Mbit/s

ServerBear results:

UnixBench score: 2977.2

I/O rate: 541.0 MB/second

Bandwidth rate: 136.0 MB/second

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/05/29/Jec64aAiZDH8unqi

Thumbs up! I still haven't found some mention on the site about the cpu policy, can you please clarify @Incero (dedicated or fair share)?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2015

deadbeef said: Thumbs up! I still haven't found some mention on the site about the cpu policy, can you please clarify @Incero (dedicated or fair share)?

I think the policy is "don't be a dick" but maybe @ryanarp can clarify. Definitely not dedicated but I'm pretty sure they spread out containers enough to give you room to do your thing.

Thanked by 2deadbeef SpeedyKVM
  • what's next? ipv6 ?

• praveenpraveen Member

Great!, really love wable.. I too think it would be better to have an option to select the VMs for automatic snapshot..

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • @deadbeef @Jar - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1070562/#Comment_1070562

But I've heard, they will shape the CPU speed to 100Mhz if it's sustained. but, best to get confirmation on that part.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @praveen said:
    Great!, really love wable.. I too think it would be better to have an option to select the VMs for automatic snapshot..

This, as my previous comments :-)

Thanked by 1praveen
    edited May 2015

@AutoSnipe said:
    deadbeef Jar - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1070562/#Comment_1070562

But I've heard, they will shape the CPU speed to 100Mhz if it's sustained. but, best to get confirmation on that part.

Thanks Autosnipe! I think this is good and reasonable.

I like to play by the book, but the prerequisite for that is to know the actual rules :) For this one, I was thinking if it would be ok to install a db and send some traffic. Wouldn't work on a "if you go more than 2% we'll suspend you" kind of host.

edited May 2015

@maoyipeng said:
    what's next? ipv6 ?

We set features to planned here when we've decided to implement them; http://wable.uservoice.com/forums/245224-general

We work on them based on the number of votes.