Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• I hope @Incero is saying nothing because he is busy giving us debian 8 -.-

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @ronaldgrn said:
    I hope Incero is saying nothing because he is busy giving us debian 8 -.-

Disregard Debian, aquire Gentoo & experience the joys of scrolling compiler messages :p

Thanked by 1yomero
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

ronaldgrn said: I hope @Incero is saying nothing because he is busy giving us debian 8 -.-

Today is Sunday, enjoy your weekend :)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • tommytommy Member

ryanarp said: Today is Sunday, enjoy your weekend :)

Somewhere it's monday ;D

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@ronaldgrn said:
    Incero when can we get debian 8 man

@JoeMerit said:
    yes, add a Debian 8 template and premium IPV6 to wable asap!

It's been added, thanks.

Thanked by 3sin praveen nhocconan
  • Thanks for jessie , setup was smooth, Wable Rocks!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @praveen said:
    Thanks for jessie , setup was smooth, Wable Rocks!

Wrong, rock are worthless. They are diamond :D

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • edited July 2015

@Incero said: On this first billing, if you have only used auto snapshots (not manual) you may open a ticket and ask for the charge to be cancelled. Nobody has been charged for backups/snapshots. I already said above that customers can request the backup pending charge be cancelled before the 1st, and that anyone who does get charged on the 1st (card on file) can ask for it to be refunded.

Forcing snapshot billing on every one is a very bad decision (and also illegal).
    That also makes it a 74% price increase.
    I have a pending invoice for automatic snapshots I didn't requested (and that I already deleted). I opened a ticket to cancel that invoice: the answer by @ryanarp was (politely written): close your account.

Update:
    As I replied I don't want neither to close my account nor to pay the invoice for the snapshots, here is the followup:

Wable Staff
    Posted On: July 1, 2015
    I understand, please backup your data, your account will be closed in 24 hours, you do not have to pay the fees.
    Best Regards,
    Jeff

Wable is honestly quite good technically but really bad at dealing with customers...

• Very interested to hear the counterpoint, given that he has written on this thread that the snapshot charges wouldn't be enforced if someone notified him (if I recall correctly - if not please correct me).

I am very satisfied with the performance and like the panel, but I am always interested to know how well a host stands to keeping its word.

@hostingwizard_net said:
    Wable is honestly quite good technically but really bad at dealing with customers...

Hi, sorry you're not happy. We want our customers to be happy. I will be happy to refund your payment and allow you 3 days free period to move to a new host, this is what you'll be looking for;

• $8/mo, POWERBOOST
    • 5x SSD RAID 10 VPS
    • 10-20gbps uplink on each node
    • 100+gbps BGP redundant Juniper network with all spares on-site
    • A+B power via dual PSUs in the server, fed by A+B pdus, and 2N UPS and generators
    • Resources split among the 5x VPS in three cities; Dallas, Seattle, NYC
    • 6GB RAM
    • 5 CPUS
    • 80 GB RAID 10 SSD
    • Unmetered bandwidth

Just reply to the ticket in the next 3 days when you've moved to your new host, and I'll send your refund for the snapshots and this month's service fee.

Many thanks.

• nightshadenightshade Member
    edited July 2015

@Incero said: Hi, sorry you're not happy. We want our customers to be happy. I will be happy to refund your payment and allow you 3 days free period to move to a new host, this is what you'll be looking for

Since I don't see the actual tickets maybe I am missing something but from what @hostingwizard_net has said he doesn't want to actually cancel or move. Just not pay for the snapshots.

• @Incero, I like you but I don't think you realise that your last response to @hostingwizard_net actually supports his argument:

hostingwizard_net said: Wable is honestly quite good technically but really bad at dealing with customers...

Thanked by 2NanoG6 geekalot
  • UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited July 2015

@Incero Maybe it's another misunderstanding but didn't you say last time this was brought up that you'd be happy to refund people if they didn't want backups?

To me that says, if you do get charged and didn't want the backups in place then we'll happily refund you. Which I thought was pretty awesome of you but if your intention was to outright cancel them with their refund that's even more dodgy.

• petrispetris Member

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Incero, I like you but I don't think you realise that your last response to hostingwizard_net actually supports his argument:

Do you go to Golden Corral and complain that they don't have the best steak? Or that you have to go get your food yourself?

You're buying good performance containers at a low price at the expense of hold-your-hand-through-everything support. With their attitude it's safe to assume that if you can't handle everything on your own other than issues that are truly theirs, they don't want you as a customer. Note that I don't consider that bad, you just have to know what you're getting in to and you need to be able to handle things on your own like a true administrator.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

petris said: other than issues that are truly theirs

Exactly. Completely turning a blind eye to your provider and failing to take note of the wealth of ways in which they announced this change definitely is not their fault. Exactly who is at fault for someone not reading their e-mail? I would say the person receiving said e-mail who chooses to ignore it.

Incero made a choice with snapshots. You may not like it, fair enough, but the important part is that they were anything but quiet about it.

It is very reasonable to say that as a provider there is absolutely NO way to make a choice which does not result in complaints.

Auto enable snapshots? Complaints that you're trying to shake people down for pennies.
    Not auto enable snapshots? Complaints that you didn't help them not lose their data.
    Don't even implement snapshots? Complaints that you don't have snapshots.
    Close up shop to try to avoid complaints? Complaints that you removed customer data (because they wouldn't read that email either)

People will complain no matter what you do as a provider. It is physically impossible to be a hosting provider and not receive complaints.

Thanked by 2petris ryanarp
  • Jar said: People will complain no matter what you do as a provider. It is physically impossible to be a hosting provider and not receive complaints.

You can't always please everyone :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @petris, thanks for quoting me for a counter argument that's not actually applicable to the point that I was trying to get across :-)

Wable is definitely value for money and it's very difficult to please everyone, but I'd like to think that providers (regardless of industry) are still capable of always responding to customers (irrespective of whose actually in the wrong) in polite manner such that other observers will think "I want to do business with those guys because they're just plain awesome!".

Having monitored these boards for years before my actual account registration, I know that there are at least a handful of providers who appear to always conscious about their public image whenever they respond.

It's one thing for a person to expect bad customer experience because they're paying peanuts or using a terrible/summer host. However, it's worse when we accept it from good companies as if there's nothing wrong.

Now, can everyone please turn your attention (and respond) to the above comment+pastie by @Umcookies.

p.s. I'm not an @Incero basher.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I bought their $8 for 3 VPS bundle like 1-2 weeks ago when I saw this thread, I have to say it was a sweet deal, and I'm happy with the purchase :D

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • I'm one of the folks that was thrilled when they got snapshots, I got charged a few extra pennies for some VMs I didn't want backed up (just the snapshot cost, not storage). It saved my ass already with 1 VM - was in for a headache after a bad update. I was cool with the auto snapshots, I would've gone and enabled them though either way since I got the email, facebook update, saw the thread here, etc.

It's really not cool of them if they offered to remove charges for month 1 and when he complained they cancelled his service.. but we're only seeing one side of the story.

My only wish is that Incero conducted themselves a bit better (differently?) in public. I love their services and I've told a ton of people about how awesome they are, but I can see threads like this turning people off if the only response that shows publicly is "well, goodbye" rather than a tiny bit more detail/explaining the situation. My constructive criticism for the day :P

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited July 2015

I am really happy with Wable and the new snapshot feature.. But presently I am not using automatic snapshots as few VMs I have are not important and worth to backup. I am taking manual snapshots from time to time for the production VMs..

As I requested before, if they enable feature for selecting VMs for automatic snapshots, I will re enable it.

Thanks again for the great service!

• @incero can we expect Wable in Miami soon? would be awesome. I got VMs in each of your locations but would prefer Miami over Seattle.

edited July 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    incero can we expect Wable in Miami soon? would be awesome. I got VMs in each of your locations but would prefer Miami over Seattle.

Wable's parent company is seeking colocation anchor tenants in Miami;
    https://www.facebook.com/Incero/posts/979044358801825

If we sign some anchor colo clients, we will deploy in Miami, no bites yet though as our Dallas to S.A. connectivity is beating Miami in a lot of cases thanks to fiber straight from Texas to Mexico.

@mikeyur said:
    My only wish is that Incero conducted themselves a bit better (differently?) in public. I love their services and I've told a ton of people about how awesome they are, but I can see threads like this turning people off if the only response that shows publicly is "well, goodbye" rather than a tiny bit more detail/explaining the situation. My constructive criticism for the day :P

Totally with you on the idea. However that will never be our way. On an $8 product if you don't like it we will help you move to a different provider by offering you some time to download your data etc. We will never lay on thick customer loving hand holding service for $8. For an aggressively priced product to succeed we have to deter silly support tickets from ever coming in, and let clients know up front that we're not hand holders.

On the Enterprise Incero brand, all is different our techs go above and beyond for our dedicated server and colo clients, consistently. Incero pays staff salaries, and those staff focus on Incero customers.

Simply, we won't let our low cost VPS product (Wable) benefit from the higher $ (Incero) services that pay for our staff etc. We can't fool ourselves into thinking that a budget VPS product can pay staff salaries, Wable has to be automated, and machines have no love to give other than great uptime.

Our formula is not everyone's favorite, but it's been working since 2008. We will try to improve Wable's image through the addition of great features, and automation, of course. We do read customer feedback, and we are human.

For those thinking that they've had hand holding 5 core 6GB VPS love for $8 somewhere else, I would ask you to look into their network redundancies, power redundancies, tax situation, and whether the staff are on a living wage, or whether it is just another overworked founder that will just give up on it all in a few years time. Wable provides a technically superior product without human love in support tickets, because that is a sustainable model.

Thanked by 1mike0000

@praveen said:
    I am really happy with Wable and the new snapshot feature.. But presently I am not using automatic snapshots as few VMs I have are not important and worth to backup. I am taking manual snapshots from time to time for the production VMs..

As I requested before, if they enable feature for selecting VMs for automatic snapshots, I will re enable it.

Thanks again for the great service!

We work on features based on votes, I would suggest voting if you want a feature;
    http://wable.uservoice.com/forums/245224-general/suggestions/8682073-allow-to-choose-which-vpss-to-be-included-in-the-s

@HBAndrei said:
    I bought their $8 for 3 VPS bundle like 1-2 weeks ago when I saw this thread, I have to say it was a sweet deal, and I'm happy with the purchase :D

Thanks, make sure you get that powerboost :-) https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (click while logged in if you haven't already used it).

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Incero said: Thanks, make sure you get that powerboost :-) https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (click while logged in if you haven't already used it).

I hadn't used it yet, 2 more CPUs and 4 more GB RAM and 30GB more SSD space at the same price? this is insane :D

@Dylan said:
    Incero

Looks like you're missing an intermediate certificate:
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=wable.com&latest

Chrome for Android doesn't automatically download/cache intermediates like the desktop version. I can replicate what @Pyr02k1 sees on both my tablet and phone.

I believe this is now resolved, can you confirm?

Thanked by 1Pyr02k1
  • wychwych Member
    edited July 2015

Wooo (recached)..._

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

wych said: you might want to tweak it further

I beg of you, please make sure that you understand what all of that actually means and what the impact of each one is, as well as the trade offs and common associated issues.

Sincerely,
    Someone who is pointed to "SSL scanner" websites far too often by people who have no idea what any of it actually means.

To this day I still get people demanding that I protect them from BEAST. I mean, really?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I think there's a difference between holding a customer's hand and being arrogant ~.~