Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• @Incero said:
    I believe this is now resolved, can you confirm?

Looks good on my end

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • It's better to get refund rather than blaming from some summer hosts. Incero might be doing that way better since they keep it up excellently!

• ReetusReetus Member

I still don't get it??

Incero: 'Auto snapshots are enabled, let us know if you don't want them'
    Customer: 'I don't want them'
    Incero: 'You have 3 days to get off our service!!!!'

??

• wychwych Member

@Jar true, true I was more pointing to the updated cache...

Thanked by 1jar
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

@Reetus said:
    I still don't get it??

Incero: 'Auto snapshots are enabled, let us know if you don't want them'
    Customer: 'I don't want them'
    Incero: 'You have 3 days to get off our service!!!!'

??

Client wasn't happy with the service and we offered him a refund and time to find new service. Client was not forced to leave as you are suggesting. There is always more to the story.

• DylanDylan Member

@Incero said:
    I believe this is now resolved, can you confirm?

Looks good!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2015

@incero Hey Gordon, going to try really hard not to bash you that bad, but seriously, your approach to dealing with customers in the public sometimes often results in a bad taste in peoples mouth. I don't doubt that your run a very powerful and most likely well supported network, but your underhanded ways of dealing with product pricing and even customers often leaves something to be desired. Whether that is an $8 product or a customer with a dedicated server.

To be honest I wasn't even surprised by the customer complaint on the way you handled that issue, as I have come to expect that of you and your personality. However, not everyone can appreciate your "Do it my way or go f*** your self" approach that you seem to like to employ. Now, I am not sure how that issue was resolved, but you did tell customers you would refund them from the snapshots and now it looks like you went backwards on that promise and basically told your customer, "That is nice, please go f*** your self, bye!". I am not sure why you want this to be Incero's image, but I know it is what has prevented me from ever considering to do business with your company. You never know what to expect, one day you got a great deal, next your being told to pay more or get out, at least that is how it reads here to me in most of these threads.

Maybe consider taking a step back and not per se 'holding hands' but at least consider the tone you take with people and what your tone conveys. You are the one setting the expectations for the customer, so why not set them up for good things rather than make people feel like they need to avoid you? You tend to act like a bi-polar younger brother who depending on his mood may tell you to just "get out" or "F*** Off" without any warning.

This is some constructive criticism. You are welcome to respond, but I likely won't follow-up anymore.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• tommytommy Member

based on vote? come on

Add IPv6 - This is planned with no ETA.
    Allow to edit description of snapshot. - This is planned, with no eta.

I don't know why people keep vote :D

edited July 2015

@tommy said:
    based on vote? come on

Add IPv6 - This is planned with no ETA.
    Allow to edit description of snapshot. - This is planned, with no eta.

I don't know why people keep vote :D

Well it is clear Snapshots have been added :) So progress has been made on that list. IPv6 is still planned, don't worry. Same for editing snapshot description. It will get done, don't worry. :)

Thanked by 1tommy
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Thanks for your feedback.

My focus for Wable is, and always will be, providing a technically sound service and expanding the feature set.

Someone complaining on LET about a $0.20 snapshot charge can have a refund and spend their $0.20 somewhere else. No problem.

• tommytommy Member
    edited July 2015

Incero said: Someone complaining on LET about a $0.20 snapshot charge can have a refund and spend their $0.20 somewhere else. No problem.

I don't get email about these feature. And I'm charged $4.89. Why you enable all these snapshot by default ? If only 0.2-$1 I don't care, but that 50% of what I paid.

update: just got email from support
    btw on notice about snapshot

You received this service announcement because you signed up for wable.com, **you can unsubscribe by closing your account** at https://wable.com/accountmanagement Thank you!

edited July 2015

@tommy said:

I see the charge is unpaid. You do not have to pay it. Your options were already explained in the support ticket earlier tonight.

• tommytommy Member

LOL, just ignore everything.

Okay then, time to move.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Wable is making it rain for customers and people still complain.

See: http://d.jarland.me/14fsI

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • tommytommy Member
    edited July 2015

Jar said: Wable is making it rain for customers and people still complain.

another fanboy. posting everything on FB? :P

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tommy said:
    another fanboy. posting everything on FB? :P

I mean, I am sitting at IHOP right now with @ryanarp so fanboy is probably right :P

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Just goes to show you can bend over backwards... and people will STILL find something you "messed up" in order to complain about, it's just human nature.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Looking a little earlier in the thread:

Incero said: I already said above that customers can request the backup pending charge be cancelled before the 1st, and that anyone who does get charged on the 1st (card on file) can ask for it to be refunded.

Wow! That's super awesome of @Incero!

At least, if anyone is caught off-guard by the snapshot costs then they can get the charge cancelled and automatic snapshots can then be disabled (as other LET members have done and as suggested in the signature for @Incero "Auto+Manual Snapshots").

hostingwizard_net said: I have a pending invoice for automatic snapshots I didn't requested (and that I already deleted). I opened a ticket to cancel that invoice: the answer by @ryanarp was (politely written): close your account

Huh?!? This seems a bit contrary to what @Incero said earlier.

I don't understand why it was too difficult to just cancel the charge and disable snapshots on the customer's account.

It's not like the customer is complaining about the charge two months later.

Reetus said: Incero: 'Auto snapshots are enabled, let us know if you don't want them' Customer: 'I don't want them' Incero: 'You have 3 days to get off our service!!!!'

This is exactly the way I see it as well.

@Incero said they'd cancel the charges but they didn't and instead ask the customer to leave in 3 days.

ryanarp said: Client wasn't happy with the service and we offered him a refund and time to find new service. Client was not forced to leave as you are suggesting. There is always more to the story.

You didn't first just offer him a refund which was later followed by a goodbye.

You offered him a refund and time to find a new service at the same time.

So let's not try to sugar-coat the response.

I'd hope that the missing "more to the story" bit makes @Incero's approach look a bit more acceptable.

Jar said: Wable is making it rain for customers and people still complain.

The issue is not the money but rather the principle of the matter!

Is it really that acceptable for a provider to say that they'll dismiss the charges but, when the time comes, they instead kick out a customer? Really?!? Does the $8 budget price really entitle a good provider to act like this?!?

Now, I've been a customer of @Incero for some time and found their services great.

I'd expect such behaviour from other (summer?) hosts but not from @Incero.

I highly doubt that this situation, even within the LET community, will affect any of their sales. In fact, I hope it doesn't because they're a great company (from a services perspective).

It's simply shocking to see the inability for many (including respectable senior LET members) to man-up and call the situation for what it is.

Thanked by 2TheLinuxBug geekalot

PayPal issue has been fixed, customers who were getting auto refunds can try again and all should be fine now.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

BeardyUnixGuy said: It's simply shocking to see the inability for many (including respectable senior LET members) to man-up and call the situation for what it is.

I looked through and I am not sure what the situation is to be honest. The Client mentioned a 74% increase, @incero mentioned a $0.20 charge. If it's the latter then yeah, dry your eyes and move on.

Agreed though that it would have been better knowing the likelihood of this happening to simply advise clients and let them choose whether to enable snapshots or not. That said they did send out a notification and offered a refund if you were not happy.

Maybe I am missing the true picture but it seems the client disputed after the eligible period?

Whether you disagree with the method of implementation or not they did give options. Incero/Wable are not your average budget provider, well what am I thinking, they are not budget at all, just giving a profit stripped show piece plan to get people in the door on the understanding you are getting the Incero stability and (background) support, just not the customer support.

When you are a real company that has real costs you can't spend time on $8 clients. the moment you do it costs you more than $8.

Gordon is very arrogant, but then I believe he is right to be in these situations. Again for what you are getting for $8 on the infrastructure offered, show me who else is or can do it?

Of course you may not like that and perhaps in this case he is in the wrong but equally just as you have the right to choose your provider, this provider is openly exercising his right to choose the customer. Shit huh, especially when you may be used to providers who have to kiss your ass for fear of loosing the income.

Can't see that the ticket has been posted so maybe the client went in with an attitude that generated that option to leave, maybe not, I don't know.

Inability to man up? No, perhaps many just understand their stance and realise that the customer is not always king. Certainly not an $8 one.

Just my 2c

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2015

There are people who would do anything for an $8 customer. For example, I value all clients.
    I'd prefer smaller specs, but at least I can get a friendly reply when I want it.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • LeeLee Veteran

Radi said: here are people who would do anything for an $8 customer.

But in doing so you are doing it for free, you can't provide everything for $8. Free is not sustainable. Just because it covers your server this month does not mean it's right.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

In my case, everything just works and we get almost no tickets. But even if we did, seriously you can't treat a guy with a bad attitude, just because he is not paying you XXX/mo.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @Incero said: Simply, we won't let our low cost VPS product (Wable) benefit from the higher $ (Incero) services that pay for our staff etc. We can't fool ourselves into thinking that a budget VPS product can pay staff salaries, Wable has to be automated, and machines have no love to give other than great uptime.

Fair enough. Can definitely respect that as I've been cleaning out our client list, too many emails/calls/headaches == you're fired. It's just not worth the money to deal with them, brings team morale down and kills margins. We're not a charity and our team benefits from profit sharing so.. it's not good for anyone.

Wable provides a technically superior product without human love in support tickets, because that is a sustainable model.

No arguments on the quality of service. Makes sense, I get you.

My suggestion would be to make what you just told me very clear on the Wable site. For a no-love automated service it sure does look friendly with live chat and I think I got an automated ticket on signup asking if I needed help (after I hadn't made a payment yet for a day or two). It may hurt conversion rates to explain that this is truly unmanaged, ticketing for something other than X, Y or Z may get you booted, etc.. but it'll probably sort out a lot of people causing issues.

Right now the way you run Wable may be inferred as "This is how they treat all Incero clients" which I know isn't the case.

• @mikeyur said:
    Right now the way you run Wable may be inferred as "This is how they treat all Incero clients" which I know isn't the case.

I agree with this statement. I'd suggest that @Incero creates an "@Wable" account for anything related to Wable.

I've been a Wable customer for 3 months and its great - I am a huge fan and I hope they change nothing. But, if the level of support that can be expected with an Incero Product is different than a Wable product I'd recommend they don't post Wable deals under the Incero name.

• NdhaNdha Member

@Radi said:
    There are people who would do anything for an $8 customer. For example, I value all clients.
    I'd prefer smaller specs, but at least I can get a friendly reply when I want it.

Confirmed

@Radi said:
    In my case, everything just works and we get almost no tickets. But even if we did, seriously you can't treat a guy with a bad attitude, just because he is not paying you XXX/mo.

Confirmed

Thanked by 1Radi
  • wychwych Member

@Incero whats the policy on CPU usage? (Have 3 cores assigned to a box and it peaks at about 1.72 load)... I had a look at TOS but nothing is mentioned.

@wych said:
    Incero whats the policy on CPU usage? (Have 3 cores assigned to a box and it peaks at about 1.72 load)... I had a look at TOS but nothing is mentioned.

Your VPS load is under the number of CPU cores assigned. So there would be no problem with your CPU usage. This was stated earlier in the thread :)

Incero said: Clients who use more cores than they purchase (e.g. overload) will be notified, and limited if they don't reduce. Clients who use their purchased cores are fine. 1 core = 1.0 load or below.

Thanked by 2wych ksug
  • wychwych Member

@ryanap figured as much just wanted to double check.

• ksugksug Member

I just purchased a bundle hours ago. So far so good.
    Am I allowed to open a second account? (1 business, 1 hobby/tinkering)

Does the applied powerboost last forever (will it go away next month)?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM