Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable! - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Comments

• wychwych Member

ksug said: I just purchased a bundle hours ago. So far so good. Am I allowed to open a second account? (1 business, 1 hobby/tinkering)

Not per the TOS.

Does the applied powerboost last forever (will it go away next month)?

For as long as you are a client IIRC.

Thanked by 1ksug
  • ksugksug Member

@wych said:

Thanks for the info. Tinkering stays @ digitalocean then.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

@ksug said:
    Am I allowed to open a second account? (1 business, 1 hobby/tinkering)

Open a ticket with [email protected] and we are happy discuss this with you. We are human and know that nobody wants to mix their company VM with personal VM :) Just give us a heads up and I am sure everything will be solid in the account verification process.

Thanked by 3wych ksug vimalware
  • ksugksug Member

@ryanarp said:
    Open a ticket with [email protected] and we are happy discuss this with you. We are human and know that nobody wants to mix their business VM with personal VM :) Just give us a heads up and I am sure everything will be solid in the account verification process.

Thanks. Will do in time.

• i'd like another bundle #3 for "business purposes" too.

• LeeLee Veteran

Never seen that coming...

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • ksugksug Member

haha....bundle 3 should be limited to one per individual

Thanked by 1ryanarp
    edited July 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    i'd like another bundle #3 for "business purposes" too.

I am sure you would :) However it would still be on a case by case basis to avoid abuse of the killer deal provided by bundle #3. That being said a company account is not the same as "business purposes". I wouldn't be making multiple accounts on a whim ;)

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Everything good gets abused to the max, then people wonder "why can't we have nice things?"...

• LeeLee Veteran

@ryanarp

My cat died, can I get another bundle 3, it would help me get through this.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Lee said:
    My cat died, can I get another bundle 3, it would help me get through this.

I'm pretty sure this would result in LET members killing cats to save a dollar.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy

@Lee said:
    ryanarp

My cat died, can I get another bundle 3, it would help me get through this

I am very sorry to hear about your cat :( Best I can offer is power boost link. The resources stay with your account and persist through upgrades. It won't get you a new cat, however you can spin up an extra VM and dedicate a special website to your favorite kitty.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2015

WTF, 2 of you "Thanked" that my cat died. GTFO!

Thanked by 3mike0000 4n0nx Peroni
  • sinsin Member
    edited July 2015

ryanarp said: however you can spin up an extra VM and dedicate a special website to your favorite kitty.

Well my dog whom is bigger then his cat died and requires several VMs on an extra account to run the dedication website...loadbalancing and all :)

• LeeLee Veteran

Jar said: I'm pretty sure this would result in LET members killing cats to save a dollar.

The cats would understand that they gave up their lives to allows another VPS in the world to idle.

Thanked by 3ryanarp jar vimalware
  • wychwych Member

@Lee said:
    WTF, 2 of you "Thanked" that my cat died. GTFO!

I took it as an excuse to expect in a sales ticket, not a viable excuse!

• The amount of jealousy after @ryanarp 's reasonable response is amazing :D

• @Lee said:
    The cats would understand that they gave up their lives to allows** another VPS in the world to idle.**

How many cats would be needed in order to make VPS idle and as a result have the nuclear power plants get shut down ( sarcasm).. Sheet can't find the topic about idle vps and shutting down power plants

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@inthecloudblog said:
    How many cats would be needed in order to make VPS idle and as a result have the nuclear power plants get shut down ( sarcasm).. Sheet can't find the topic about idle vps and shutting down power plants

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Jar said:

Sigh, did you even pass basic math? It's 48.

Thanked by 2jar inthecloudblog
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Bundles are strictly one per customer, this is in our TOS, thank you.

The functionality to exclude particular servers from your auto snapshot schedule has been added; https://wable.com/faq#faq-30 thanks to the votes on our uservoice (which determines how/when we develop); http://wable.uservoice.com/forums/245224-general/suggestions/8682073-allow-to-choose-which-vpss-to-be-included-in-the-s

Thanked by 2nhocconan vimalware
  • @Incero said:
    The functionality to exclude particular servers from your auto snapshot schedule has been added; https://wable.com/faq#faq-30 thanks to the votes on our uservoice (which determines how/when we develop); http://wable.uservoice.com/forums/245224-general/suggestions/8682073-allow-to-choose-which-vpss-to-be-included-in-the-s

Thanks for adding this feature promptly :-)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Great to hear this.. Thanks!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Whats the actual DDoS Protection? I got a mail "Your flow limit of 8000" is above the DDOS Attack you got. Now they banned my Account. This (was)/is the best VPS company in my opiniom, but they just closed my WHOLE account for 1 VPS - i got some DDOS from CHINESE IP's. :( No way to protect my VPS there?

• @capsloadit said:
    Whats the actual DDoS Protection? I got a mail "Your flow limit of 8000" is above the DDOS Attack you got.

@incero does the limit scale with higher wable plans?

edited July 2015

@capsloadit said:
    Whats the actual DDoS Protection? I got a mail "Your flow limit of 8000" is above the DDOS Attack you got. Now they banned my Account. This (was)/is the best VPS company in my opiniom, but they just closed my WHOLE account for 1 VPS - i got some DDOS from CHINESE IP's. :( No way to protect my VPS there?

I would like to help. What is your ticket number please? Are you Niko with over 19 abuse tickets in your account? :-) If so, we didn't ban you, we asked you to move by the end of the paid period.

You say; "1 attack, they banned me bro"

Reality; "19+ attacks, asked to move by end of paid period, VPS still live, data still there, over 72 hours notice to please move by the end of the paid period."

@vimalware said:

incero does the limit scale with higher wable plans?

Open a ticket for a custom solution! We don't disclose our ddos settings. We always work toward the best solution for the node as a whole. We have VDS available for those that are DDOS magnets.

• @Incero said:

We have VDS available for those that are DDOS magnets.

Virtual dedicated? Link?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

@vimalware said:

Send a ticket, pricing starts at $35 for e3 vds.