Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB backlogged? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB backlogged?

123457»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@alittlebrown said: That and most hosts that seem promising after a month or two go to shit. No one cares about service anymore, just get the money and screw the consumer.

As a provider, seeing other companies act like this pisses me off because it gives a bad name for those that do actually give a damn. I see bigger companies (making 4x what we sell our VPSs for) ignore clients (until they make their way to WHT or some other public forum) and it's ruining the hosting industry.

Like you said, it's almost worth getting a dedicated server just to avoid the headaches (or in some cases colo is even cheaper and better way to go). It kills me that because of our pricing we could simply just ignore tickets, reboot servers, or overload our nodes and when people complain the rest of the world justifies it by stating "what do you expect for $2/month?", people should really expect more and because the standards are so low for clients the providers don't need to hit very high to meet them. We advertise our average response times for tickets on our website publicly, not because we're trying to show-off or brag, but because we want to raise client expectations to what they should be.

[/rant]

Thanked by 2taipres efball
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Ok Ive had to break my silence I could only hold out for so long :-P

Is it a miracle? I see my name being used for good and not evil!

@seraphkz said: ChicagoVPS was on LEB 9 times in 2011.

Thank you for this stat, Ive always wondered

• CVPS bombs puppy orphanages.

(sorry, had to :P)

@Aldryic said: CVPS bombs puppy orphanages.

Those poor bombs. :(

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

@taipres said: But to answer your question I don't list companies that don't have stock

I see @Aldryic crying at @CVPS_Chris that his company can't sustain selling 2GB for $7, but at least Chris has stock for more than two hours during the deal.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

@Zetta said: I see @Aldryic crying at @CVPS_Chris that his company can't sustain selling 2GB for $7, but at least Chris has stock for more than two hours during the deal.

And what hallucinogenics are you on that make you see these things? I don't recall mentioning any of Chris' plans. If you're going to insist on making up stories, I'm going to insist that you provide links as proof :3

• I can't believe I missed this thread. This is great.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@taipres said: Yeah my site just takes the 4th and 5th spot lol...I didn't mean the #1 spot, with googles recent changes that'll probably never happen on any keywords my site ranks for. Still ranked higher than LEB, and that's what matters.

I'll tell that to my boss, unless we rank high on Google... we should close the shop. @taipres said thats whats matter ...

@taipres said: I got nothing against BuyVM in itself, and i'm happy they're successful and hope they continue to be. My only issue is bias and other companies not getting the attention they deserve or a fair shake. I call things the way I seem em.

Yet you continue to drag it up everytime you join a thread? Only reason I see that buyvm is mentioned alot here on LET is because they join in on every topic.

@CVPS_Chris said: Is it a miracle? I see my name being used for good and not evil!
    @seraphkz said: ChicagoVPS was on LEB 9 times in 2011.
    Thank you for this stat, Ive always wondered

Check your tag on LEB and you can count the number of times you have been featured. http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/chicagovps-net/

• This reminds me of the days back when drmike was accused of everything in rumors as well.

That one post I had to rush and scan over was about how BuyVM is all this and that when they prove they are not (I don't remember, this is I think the 190th post? but it was there)

To me, this is just your typical 2011 drmike fight. Only BuyVM is stepping it up to defense.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@MikHo said: I'll tell that to my boss, unless we rank high on Google... we should close the shop. @taipres said thats whats matter ...

Lol you better believe it matters. Marketing is a huge part of any businesses success. Why you think linode is so well known and makes so much money? They spend A LOT on marketing. I been into marketing a while, if you want me to talk to your boss, let me know, can give him some good tips.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"I been into marketing a while"

Reading warriorforum.com does not make you an expert on marketing.

Indeed, that place has rather the opposite effect.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@raindog308 said: "I been into marketing a while"

Reading warriorforum.com does not make you an expert on marketing.

Indeed, that place has rather the opposite effect.

warriorforum is the #1 marketing forum in the world(and probably the largest forum in the world period), they have a number of millionaires and many people pulling 10's of thousands a month. To speak down about a place like that is silly. I been into marketing for a number of years, am on many forums, and know a number of very successful businessmen. Any and all businesses should be fully engaged into marketing, it's why I got into it, and it's invaluable to what it can do for a company.

This wall of users just keeps on going and this isn't even a little bit of all the users not logged in. It's 3:30am eastern time too btw...most they ever had logged in was 45k+ and that was earlier this month!

• novanova Member

lol.

• @taipres said: They sell well because the admins on LEB favor them, are bias towards them and jump to list their crap skipping other others who had been waiting. Old LEA did the same i'm sure, as he made BuyVM who they are. They also spam this site on here constantly and this forum is all but BuyVMTalk. Even had a thread recently about their transfer policy, like anyone wants to read that crap here, but the BuyVM admins refuse to make their own forum for this customers because they get far too much attention here and don't want to "compete" with LET, like that makes any sense.

I agree with your first point slightly, but not your second point.

• MikyMiky Member

Don't you all realize that this kind of thread is the main reason why LEB/LET is dying?

• bretonbreton Member
    edited April 2012

@taipres said: Even had a thread recently about their transfer policy, like anyone wants to read that crap here, but the BuyVM admins refuse to make their own forum for this customers because they get far too much attention here and don't want to "compete" with LET, like that makes any sense. I'm sure if chief ever does come back he'll just hand over the reigns to them

The thread lived, there was discussion in it -> the subject is interesting to people. That's how the forum is built - interesting topics exist, boring get to the bottom.

No one makes BuyVM or any other host here a favourite. You want to discuss XYZ's backups? Make a thread. Want to discuss ABC's TOS? Make a thread. Just don't complaint that it is not popular and gets to the second page by the end of a day.

If BuyVM- (or any other hosts-) thread is alive - it's interesting to people. No one can force somebody's interest or thoughts. Want your subject to be discussed? Make it interesting.

edited April 2012

Money != Success. I don't care if LEB/LET was listed on page 49 of Google, I'd still treat them the same as I do now.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@taipres said: if you want me to talk to your boss, let me know, can give him some good tips

The way you write here on this forum I'm sure it would be a waste of time for both you and my boss. He wouldn't appreciate your tone if you went on like you have done here at LET.

@KuJoe said: Money != Success. I don't care if LEB/LET was listed on page 49 of Google, I'd still treat them the same as I do now.

+1 on this

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@taipres said: warriorforum is the #1 marketing forum in the world(and probably the largest forum in the world period), they have a number of millionaires and many people pulling 10's of thousands a month. To speak down about a place like that is silly.

WarriorForum is full of yahoos who think you can buy some PLR articles and ClickBank ebooks, slap a HeatMap Wordpress theme on a site, and roll in the money. Half the threads there are how to make "$10,000 in 10 Days!!!1!!" and other stupidity. Sure it's hugely popular...so is Amway.

I've never seen anyone there who understood the first thing about market segmentation, product differentiation, and other Marketing 101 concepts. But they know all the get rich quick schemes...indeed, they're busy selling them to one another.

If you want to learn marketing, go get an MBA.

BTW, with less than 500K members, WarriorForum is not even in the top 100 largest forums.

http://rankings.big-boards.com/?p=all

• I wonder what the heck has that Gaia Online :S