Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB backlogged?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB backlogged?

RaidLogicRaidLogic Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hello,

Does anyone know if LEB is backlogged?

We have been trying to contact them for a few weeks now.

Comments

• flyfly Member

yeah you can say that. and by backlogged i mean they don't check it

• lawllawl Member

I'd reccommend posting in the offers section here. LEB is dead.

• We need LowEndAdmin back.

Thanked by 2DanielM tux
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@kbar said: yeah you can say that. and by backlogged i mean they don't check it

False.

@lawl said: LEB is dead.

False.

@Daniel said: We need LowEndAdmin back.

False.

Yes we are backlogged and with Chief being MIA we are very limited in what we can do (we have a handful of posts that are ready to post but without any site thumbnail images). I am sorry that 1 post every 1-2 days is not enough for some people.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @KuJoe said: Yes we are backlogged and with Chief being MIA we are very limited in what we can do (we have a handful of posts that are ready to post but without any site thumbnail images). I am sorry that 1 post every 1-2 days is not enough for some people.

Why not just take the screenshots yourself?

edited April 2012

@Daniel said: Why not just take the screenshots yourself?

We can but then we'd have to host them externally which is not ideal and not a habit we want to get in. All we need is for Chief to change the permissions on the upload folder and I can upload them myself.

For everybody's enjoyment I posted one of the pending offers (minus the screenshot for now).

Thanked by 2Infinity Taylor
  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited April 2012

@KuJoe said: We can but then we'd have to host them externally which is not ideal and not a habit we want to get in. All we need is for Chief to change the permissions on the upload folder and I can upload them myself.

No ones going to be bothered if you put it on Dropbox.

Whats the reason for the strict way you upload screenshots? Is this the reason that LEB is hardly updated? Over screenshots!

Thanked by 2Taylor Roph
  • ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

@KuJoe said: @Daniel said: We need LowEndAdmin back.
    False.

HAHAHAHAHA.
    I'm not hating but in LEB's current state, Daniel's statement is too true.

When LEB first started, I don't think providers were giving him all these offers to post. And now that they're getting half the work done, it's too hard to post them? How about passing the torch to capable people who can afford to devote time to the site?

You're focusing more on quality than quantity, which I don't get.
    The deadpool was created for the bad offers, and now they aren't even getting posted. Great job on killing that off.

Thanked by 1Roph
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@RaidLogic What's up with your recent (seemingly desperate) attempts to post offers, I had to delete one of your offers you posted on LET today since you posted it 5 days of your last offer.

Short on money?

• He knew what he was doing. He got out because of the influx of hosts and the quality of the visitors. I don't blame him either. The only thing I would have done different is redirect the entire site to lmgtfy.com.

Thanked by 2yomero circus

@Daniel said: Whats the reason for the strict way you upload screenshots? Is this the reason that LEB is hardly updated? Over screenshots!

Our goal is to do it right the first time and not have to use bandaids for simple fixes (one Chief runs chmod in SSH it'll be resolved). Unfortunately, Chief has been busy and unable to do this for us. Is 1 post every 1-2 days considered "hardly updated"? You people complained when we posted 1-2 offers a week, then we started posting 1 offer ever other day and it's still not enough. Do you want an offer every hour?

@Zetta said: And now that they're getting half the work done, it's too hard to post them? How about passing the torch to capable people who can afford to devote time to the site?

As I said to Daniel, how many posts a day would you like? Is 1 every 36 hours not enough? Shall we ramp up posting to hourly to suit your needs?

@Zetta said: You're focusing more on quality than quantity, which I don't get.

The deadpool was created for the bad offers, and now they aren't even getting posted. Great job on killing that off.

So you actually enjoyed it when scammers stole people's money? That's just sick. The fact that we have been filtering out the very likely deadpoolers is considered a good thing by some people.

• flyfly Member
    edited April 2012

too busy to chmod?

..... he better be the guy who runs the world.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

So you guys are more interested in quantity then quality?
    Well... I think I know the answer already.. You want both quality and quantity

Speaking of LEA, I'm sure he didn't post every offer he got in his email, yet you demand us to post everything that comes in, otherwise "LEB is dead"

Guess theres no way pleasing you?

@kbar said: too busy to chmod?

It's physically impossible to chmod when you do not have access to a computer.

And for what it's worth, Asim isn't event getting the e-mails providers are submitting so the majority of his his posts are from WHT, the rest are from LET.

• Why are you guys even bothering? Seriously. Just kill off the main page and redirect it here or nowhere. All of the offers can be found on the forum and the people who bitch about not seeing enough posts can screw off. LEB was awesome when a $7/month VPS was rare, but now there are hundreds of hosts with retarded pricing. Just kill LEB and move on with your (happier) lives. It's just a blog.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@KuJoe said: So you actually enjoyed it when scammers stole people's money? That's just sick. The fact that we have been filtering out the very likely deadpoolers is considered a good thing by some people.

Your posting offers of people that have never even been heard of. On top of that the offers are not even that great.

I think 2 posts at a time would work out better.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@MikHo said: So you guys are more interested in quantity then quality? ... Guess theres no way pleasing you?

No. Guys are interested in active LEB worth to be opened more than ONCE IN A WEEK. What's so hard to understand here? Reposting offer of a host which vps we bought month or two ago don't include that. Most hosts are sick and tired waiting for mercy to be featured at LEB so they simply post it at LET and when you finally come to them no one is interested in your reposting at LEB anyway.

@KuJoe said: So you actually enjoyed it when scammers stole people's money? That's just sick.

People was begginng month ago for recently FINALLY posted Edis offer but it was too late anyway as sick and tired of waiting LEB team to post it they did it simple at LET.

@DotVPS said: @chief was on vacation until 2 nights ago.

That's good. That's really good that he's back from few months of vacation. He can watch with us how www.lowendbox.com is dying.

@CVPS_Chris said: Your posting offers of people that have never even been heard of.

And what's wrong with that?!! It's not like anyone heard of you when you first time appeared here. But now it's too much of you, of your boring offers whole time anyway.. You was discovery on beginning but now you're here just to scream "post me, post me, post me... instead new hosts". Every, and I repeat every company that have never even been heard of is more suitable to be posted at LEB to serve LEB purpose than your constant demand for advertizing your company.

Thanked by 1circus
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Spirit said: That's really good that he's back from few months of vacation.

A few months? April 2 - April 28, 26 days isn't a few months last time I checked.

@Spirit said: And what's wrong with that?!!

+1 If anything, that's a good thing rather than posting the same old hosts.

@Spirit said: And what's wrong with that?!! It's not like anyone heard for you when you first time appeared here. But now it's too much of you, of your boring offers whole time anyway..

Point is the offers are terrible, and like it was said above they are just offers off of WHT. So in reality the offers being posted are not even LEB followers. Post the hosts that are active here.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Post the hosts that are active here.

With other words, you want even more advertizing for yourself and already plenty times reposted hosts than lowendbox.com which serve it's purpose - to mainly introduce us companies in lowendbox range.
    Since when company need to be LEB follower in order to get featured at LEB? You know what host featuring/introduction means, do you? LEB is not about constant offers advertizing - it's few of you who made it like that (sadly).

@Spirit said: to mainly introduce us companies in lowendbox range.

Yes I agree if they actually sent in an offer but they didnt. People sending in offers are not getting posted. This is not about me or ChicagoVPS at all. How many of these threads have popped up recently? Hosts will stop sending in orders if other offers are posted instead of them that were not even sent in.

Thanked by 1Roph
  • @CVPS_Chris said: Post the hosts that are active here.

When it is not in your self interest or butthurtism over BuyVM, you are not active here.

@miTgiB said: When it is not in your self interest or butthurtism over BuyVM, you are not active here.

So visiting the site at least one-two times a day and posting once every few days is not active?

• @CVPS_Chris said: So visiting the site at least one-two times a day and posting once every few days is not active?

When it is not in your self interest or butthurtism over BuyVM, you are not active here.

I like how you couldnt come up with anything else to say. Think what you want.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Yes I agree if they actually sent in an offer but they didnt.

Yeah, many of us came at LEB years ago when LEA started with posting to us unknown, interesting hosts we never heard of neither they sent offer. It was about introducting new discovery to us.
    So do you really believe that you have bigger rights to be reposted here than some torqhost, oderland... and other interesting host which haven't been featured at LEB yet?

• NickMNickM Member

@CVPS_Chris, miTgiB is right though. A quick glance at your comment history tells the true story. I count a grand total of 1 post that isn't you posting about your company or taking a shot at BuyVM.

Thanked by 1Infinity

@Spirit

Maybe you should read my post above and realize that non of this is about me or ChicagoVPS like I have already stated. I am in the defense of other people that have sent in offers and have yet to be posted. I want to see LEB live not die.

So take off your blinders and stop trying to crucify me when I am just trying to stick up for EVERYONE not posted.

• When it is not in your self interest or butthurtism over BuyVM, you are not active here.