Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB backlogged? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB backlogged?

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said: Point is the offers are terrible, and like it was said above they are just offers off of WHT. So in reality the offers being posted are not even LEB followers. Post the hosts that are active here.

My personal opinion about this is that I hesitate in posting an offer from a provider that has had his offers posted many times before and the offer has been featured not that long ago. If I can choose between that and a provider that never has been featured, I would most of the time choose the new provider. Who knows.. It could be the next big bang in low end boxes :)

@CVPS_Chris said: Yes I agree if they actually sent in an offer but they didnt. People sending in offers are not getting posted. Hosts will stop sending in orders if other offers are posted instead of them that were not even sent in.

Yet again, I can only look back on what I have done this month I have been writing posts for LEB. All offers have been emails, I'm not ashamed of admitting that. But I'm sure even that will change if I stay on as a LEB writer.
    So your statement here is not true. People who sent offers via email has been posted. Not all offers are posted however, for different reasons.

@Spirit said: And this is also answer to @MikHo and co. above. It's not problem in us - readers. You simply can't please a community with reposting special offer of a host which have special offers all over LEB/LET/WHT whole time. For me was refresing to see iperweb/prometheus, torqhost... at LET but sadly those host wasn't LEB discoveries. Those guys needed to come here to be introduced at all. And this is where new LEB differentiate from old LEB and where it fails.

From the posts I've made I have tried to get those where theres something new, like a providers new location. Provider has a location thats not to common on LEB/LET.
    Even providers that never have been listed, even if their offer is not "over the top"/"super-duper hawt".....

@taipres said: LEB doesn't have any excuses, they get payed well to make half baked posts, and they have users doing it for them, for free.

No excuses, I do this for free, mainly because I was dragged into this community and got hooked. Now I can't get out... instead I got involved.
    I could have done the same thing you did, start a new site. But I like LEB/LET to much for that.

@Spirit said: Yes but as it seems those new LEB guys just waiting to get proper formated mail of hosts familiar with LEB... and that's why most LEB posts was just reposted offers from hosts featured atleast 5 times before at LEB. Inattractive, boring... barely worth to open site once in a week.

Many of the emails are "plz post my offer", no information at all except a link to a website. Like I said above, I prefer those that have something new to offer.

@taipres said: Try googling "chicagovps deal" and see who's site comes up.

I did, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/cvpsdeals.png/
    I excluded the paid links on top but neither LEB or your site were on top.

@Spirit said: Most hosts are sick and tired waiting for mercy to be featured at LEB so they simply post it at LET and when you finally come to them no one is interested in your reposting at LEB anyway.

So now its LEB's duty to post every offer that are sent in? I understand your point and I do agree that it generally takes to long from the first contact to the post is made public. However, some filtering has to be done or you would end up with the same kind of posts from the same old providers who always are featured on LEB. Hopefully now that @Chief is back some issues will be sorted and

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

for those of you that don't understand what I wrote. English is my second (or third) language and its way to late for me to stay up posting here.
    Sorry for that.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

But anyway, back to when BuyVM will have storage plans available for sale...

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

It actually is hilarious how butthurt so many other hosts on here are whenever BuyVM are mentioned. Yeah, they might be new.. but very very few people have any bad words to say about their services.. and if they sell better than you, don't cry.. just promote yourselves better.

Use competition to better yourself.. not as an excuse to act like a toddler.

I like being with BuyVM purely for the fact that Aldryic and Fran make me howl with laughter with the hilarious posts they put on here :P, yet they provide an awesome service for me :).

Grow up kids, everyone knows that ponies are far superior than anyone else could ever be ;)

x

Thanked by 2Aldryic yomero
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@Aldryic said: @vedran - how much for that adspace in your sig? Just to give the conspiracy theorists something to chew on :3

$1.99/m. Pay yearly and get 2 months free. Use coupon LOWENDAD on checkout to get 30% recurring discount. Limited stock

• @liamwithers said: Grow up kids, everyone knows that ponies are far superior than anyone else could ever be ;)

You defiantly have not been watching Game of Thrones then, as we all know Dragons beat all.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

I excluded the paid links on top but neither LEB or your site were on top.

Yeah my site just takes the 4th and 5th spot lol...I didn't mean the #1 spot, with googles recent changes that'll probably never happen on any keywords my site ranks for. Still ranked higher than LEB, and that's what matters.

"cheap vps deals"
    has my site listed three times on the front page, yet LEB is top...google is lame. Bing/yahoo have me top spot cause they aren't bias to domain age or 1000's of chinese spammed backlinks like LEB has.

• @vedran said: $1.99/m. Pay yearly and get 2 months free. Use coupon LOWENDAD on checkout to get 30% recurring discount. Limited stock

Signup link?

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@liamwithers said: It actually is hilarious how butthurt so many other hosts on here are whenever BuyVM are mentioned. Yeah, they might be new.. but very very few people have any bad words to say about their services.. and if they sell better than you, don't cry.. just promote yourselves better.

Use competition to better yourself.. not as an excuse to act like a toddler.

I like being with BuyVM purely for the fact that Aldryic and Fran make me howl with laughter with the hilarious posts they put on here :P, yet they provide an awesome service for me :).

Grow up kids, everyone knows that ponies are far superior than anyone else could ever be ;)

x

They sell well because the admins on LEB favor them, are bias towards them and jump to list their crap skipping other others who had been waiting. Old LEA did the same i'm sure, as he made BuyVM who they are. They also spam this site on here constantly and this forum is all but BuyVMTalk. Even had a thread recently about their transfer policy, like anyone wants to read that crap here, but the BuyVM admins refuse to make their own forum for this customers because they get far too much attention here and don't want to "compete" with LET, like that makes any sense. I'm sure if chief ever does come back he'll just hand over the reigns to them...might as well, i just feel bad for the providers are here who have far better deals, better hardware, better offers, yet by and large have to hear the BuyVM spam constantly. Even if they don't have better hardware etc..., that doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated equally and given a fair shot at providing good service to customers.

I'm tell you all this, anytime you flock to one site or one provider and ignore everything else, you're just doing yourself a disservice. Facebook and their 800 million users is a prime example, so don't cry when Facebook sells ALL your info and anything they can off you. Monopolies in anything are bad, diversity is critical yet people keep insisting on catering to 1 this 1 that when it comes to business. Google another example...most of you don't realize what google is doing behind the scenes right now with their search engine...I won't go into it but it's not pretty, but why should they care, who really competes with Google in the US? no one. Walmart another example, all this is single points of failure and it's sad society by and large insist on that. I bet most wouldn't mind bringing back kings and queens like the old days to use us for their purposes and tell us all what to do.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Check how many front page postings we've had since we started. Now lookup many of the others and you'll see that we've had minimal listings, I think we've had 4 total in 2 years? There's many sales rounds where we don't even bother mentioning it on here or trying to get a listing. The listing we had this round was really only posted because we brought out the DDoS service, otherwise there's a good chance Chief wouldn't have accepted because there was nothing 'new' for the community.

We don't make one because we can't decide on what we want to use. Aldryic likes vanilla and such but i'd prefer a more traditional forum. We got better things to blow our time on than a forum either way.

Francisco

• NickMNickM Member

@taipres said: Even had a thread recently about their transfer policy, like anyone wants to read that crap here,

I suggest taking a look at who actually created that thread. Was it a BuyVM employee? I didn't think so.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@NickM said: @taipres said: Even had a thread recently about their transfer policy, like anyone wants to read that crap here,

what happens with this guy and @subigo ? They are just angry with themselves or what? just atacking all ppl here... that should be a ban reason

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@netomx said: what happens with this guy and @subigo ? They are just angry with themselves or what? just atacking all ppl here... that should be a ban reason

I got nothing against BuyVM in itself, and i'm happy they're successful and hope they continue to be. My only issue is bias and other companies not getting the attention they deserve or a fair shake. I call things the way I seem em.

@Francisco ok fair enough, I still don't agree your deal was push a head of the line, but I can respect the fact you always seem level headed and are informative in your posts.

• @taipres said: I got nothing against BuyVM

@taipres said: My only issue is bias and other companies not getting the attention they deserve or a fair shake.

That's why you've never listed us, or contacted us for a listing on your site, right? Because you hate bias? :3

$count{'hypocrite'}++;

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@Aldryic said: That's why you've never listed us, or contacted us for a listing on your site, right? Because you hate bias? :3

$count{'hypocrite'}++;

You know for someone that mocks my site as much as you do, it's funny how you keep mentioning you're not on it?

But to answer your question I don't list companies that don't have stock, or only have very limited stock, it's not fair to consumers and since my sites existed that's been the case with your company. I know because i'm on your guys waiting list after I got no answers out of your quiet IRC channel, many moons ago. I have no interest in your stock personally, is more for being up to date on all providers, that's why I follow many on twitter and plan on following all.

• @taipres said: My only issue is bias and other companies not getting the attention they deserve or a fair shake.

I've seen both @Francisco and @Aldryic mention and recommend other companies, how much more fair does it need to be?

Look at the right side of the page from the main LowEndTalk page, popular tags, BuyVM is not the only one up there.

I am not a BuyVM fanboy, I am not even a customer of theirs, but I do get along well with all of them, and every other host here for that matter, and I only see them being mentioned more often due to the sheer numbers of clients, just like you see mostly Linode threads at WHT, or people bitching about BurstNet

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@taipres said: I got

about the image.... how mature are you

• @miTgiB said: Look at the right side of the page from the main LowEndTalk page, popular tags, BuyVM is not the only one up there.

That's your argument? You're on the popular tag list as well, so this forum is totally not BuyVM-based? lol... BuyVM is higher up on the tag list than the blog this forum is supposed to be centered around:

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@miTgiB said: I've seen both @Francisco and @Aldryic mention and recommend other companies, how much more fair does it need to be?

Last time I saw Aldryic talk about another host, short of bragging about how much better his company is in this thread is in the VPS6 scam non-sense thread where he was asking VPS6 admin to repeat himself that he doesn't know any Don Fry. My guess is because VPS6 has been getting a lot of attention on here of late and that may concern Aldryic. What would lowendtalk be if not all about BuyVM? :s

@debug

• @subigo said: That's your argument?

BuyVM is 10 times the size of Hostigation, yet I am on the popular tag list, so yes, that is my argument.

• @taipres said: You know for someone that mocks my site as much as you do, it's funny how you keep mentioning you're not on it?

Only pointing out the contradiction when you mention 'bias', is all :3

@taipres said: But to answer your question I don't list companies that don't have stock, or only have very limited stock,

@taipres said: since my sites existed that's been the case with your company

Aaah, gotcha. From the amount of listings there I'd assumed you'd been in operation for some time (as we've had two rather large [>1500 units] sales since last August). I'd actually asked about this before, but you didn't answer me, hence why I was rather repetitive on the topic; so thanks for clearing that up :P

• @CVPS_Chris said: Your posting offers of people that have never even been heard of. On top of that the offers are not even that great.

I think 2 posts at a time would work out better.

I think it's great to posts new hosts (who are unheard of). It gets the conversation going.

Chris does have a great idea. Why not post two ads at one time to please everyone?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@EricCubixCloud said: Why not post two ads at one time to please everyone?

I actually did this the other day to make up for missing 1 day. Asim had the idea of posting 2 a day at different times which I will gladly consider doing but I was trying to avoid the "LEB is posting to much" complaints that will inevitably pop-up.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@EricCubixCloud said: Chris does have a great idea. Why not post two ads at one time to please everyone?

If they did that every day, companies wouldn't get very much exposure before being pushed off the front page, I see that a lot with craigslist. Also certain days can be detrimental, for instance Saturdays and Sundays typically are lowest traffic days for my site, which surprised me, i'd think that'd be one of the highest, since people are off, but I guess they rather visit it during the week, while at work or whatever :P

• alittlebrownalittlebrown Member
    edited April 2012

LEB is certainly in disarray, such a shame, but as people said before when $7/mo was rarer it was so awesome. Buyvm do like to run the show round here too, funny thing is they make hype by having hardly any stock and cheap vps, but when you get it the vps is actually lame, slow, oversold like fuck. And don't even get me started on the CS or IRC..

Seeing 'companies' bitch, fight and being run by 12 year old kids full of butthurt has driven me to just buy a damn dedicated server in the end. That and most hosts that seem promising after a month or two go to shit. No one cares about service anymore, just get the money and screw the consumer.

I'll go prepare for all the butthurt flung my way after clicking 'post comment'. logs out

Thanked by 1JoeMerit
  • @alittlebrown said: lame, slow, oversold like fuck.

Opened a ticket with them first to clarify why? With that many nodes, it could be difficult :)

• debugdebug Member

@alittlebrown said: but when you get it the vps is actually lame, slow, oversold li

I have around 4 VPS' with them, and none of them are slow, or oversold. If your VPS is slow, just open a ticket.

• I doubt that's an actual client of ours :P And if they actually were, my money's on terminated for nonpayment/abuse.

• seraphkzseraphkz Member
    edited April 2012

Why are we fighting about this?

ChicagoVPS was on LEB 9 times in 2011.
    BuyVM was on LEB 3 times in 2011.

ChicagoVPS was on LEB 2 times in 2012.
    BuyVM was on LEB 1 time in 2012.

Favoritism? Hardly any. Sure people talk about buyvm on LET a lot, that's because they do offer good services, and they have smart marketing plans. If you don't like how they operate things, fine, put some time into improving your own business rather than bashing/making rumors/talking shit on LET. When you have your own "fan base", then come back and show buyvm who's the boss around here.