Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB backlogged? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB backlogged?

Comments

• @subigo said: You derail every single thread you post in. You're such a fucking douche.

Says the guy that tried to jump into a thread he wasn't mentioned in to try and start shit with us? Let me add to your count again... "Hypocrite" (better start placing higher bets :P)

@CVPS_Chris said: I have nothing against you, I feel as if you like to start stuff with me just for the hell of it =/

Lol, come on now, we both know that we have too colourful a history, what with the exciting PMs and all, to even come close to claiming neutrality <3

• NickMNickM Member

@CVPS_Chris said: They have admin rights on LET

That's certainly news to me.

• debugdebug Member

@subigo said: You derail every single thread you post in. You're such a fucking douche.

Are you okay? It seems the last few posts you've been pretty mad.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Spirit said: @Francisco LEA didn't get any details when he hooked us to his page. He did all work by himself. Offers start to roll into his mailbox later and those was only part of host he featured.

Sure, and he had to spend the time finding it. Not every host provides their test ip's & test files on their site (we don't, it's a d'oh on my part). Some don't even mention what DC's they use.

Francisco

• @CVPS_Chris said: They have admin rights on LET as far as I know? So of course there is favoritism.

We do? LET only has three mods, and Fran or I are not on that list. Nor would we be, even if offered.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@NickM said: That's certainly news to me.

Well now you know :)

@CVPS_Chris said: They have admin rights on LET as far as I know? So of course there is favoritism.

Since when? Check our member groups and infinity/etc can confirm since he can see every single persons IP on here :P

We have to play by the rules just as much as anyone else on here.

Francisco

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@NickM said: BuyVM gets so much attention here because they're a well known, and mostly well-respected company. There's a lot of demand for their services, and a lot of the active members here have services with them. So yes, we're going to talk about BuyVM quite a bit. Add to that the fact that Fran and Aldryic are active here (and not just in threads about BuyVM or to bash other providers, mind you), and yeah, I can see how some might label the site as BuyVMTalk. But I don't really see any favoritism from LET's staff.

It's a classic case of when perceptions over takes reality. Linode is no different, as soon as they were tested they failed many times, and yet people get violent if you ever dare question Linode(i'm not joking, if you think BuyVM fanboys are bad, linode is a whole different level). And how is the staff not BuyVM bias? I guarantee you their deal got listed in record time when they sent it to staff. Are other providers deals not as important? They were also listed for at least a week at the top.

@Aldryic said: We do? LET only has three mods, and Fran or I are not on that list. Nor would we be, even if offered.

If I still have my logs with Chief I swear that is what he told me. But forgive me if I'm wrong....

• You know Chris, for having 'nothing against us', you sure do like to start rumours about us :P

• Buyvm? Never heard.. Who they are?

@Aldryic said: You know Chris, for having 'nothing against us', you sure do like to start rumours about us :P

I said forgive me if I was wrong.... I swear I was told that

• @CVPS_Chris said: If I still have my logs with Chief I swear that is what he told me. But forgive me if I'm wrong....

If you have logs, post 'em. You said it, now back it up :3

• debugdebug Member

@taipres said: Linode is no different, as soon as they were tested they failed many times, and yet people get violent if you ever dare question Linode

Tested for what? Seems pretty interesting, care to link?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: Sure, and he had to spend the time finding it. Not every host provides their test ip's & test files on their site (we don't, it's a d'oh on my part). Some don't even mention what DC's they use.

Yes but as it seems those new LEB guys just waiting to get proper formated mail of hosts familiar with LEB... and that's why most LEB posts was just reposted offers from hosts featured atleast 5 times before at LEB. Inattractive, boring... barely worth to open site once in a week.

• New category called BuyVM bitching?

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • @taipres said: their deal got listed in record time when they sent it to staff

You mean none of you geniuses have ever submitted a deal -well- in advance and requested a delayed posting for a certain date? In case you never noticed, we schedule -everything-.

It's like you jokers don't even stop and think before trying to say something :3

@NickM said: Which is why, as I've said before, someone needs to make a form for the providers to fill out with all of the necessary information. You want to get listed? You fill out the form and provide ALL of the information that's requested. Simple.

It's a reasonable consideration but I know there has been hosts that have deadpooled between the time they send an email and the time it gets ready to be posted (say a week). If there was a simple form then people would see hosting as the even bigger dine-dash cow that it is.

'Hey I can buy a server, put SolusVM on it and send an email here and ill make cash!!'

Francisco

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@Aldryic said: You mean none of you geniuses have ever submitted a deal -well- in advance and requested a delayed posting for a certain date? In case you never noticed, we schedule -everything-.

It's like you jokers don't even stop and think before trying to say something :3

No providers were too busy already waiting weeks in months to have their deal listed just so your deal could skip ahead of the line and get posted before theirs. I bet you there are deals that were submitted before yours that still to this day have not been posted. How is that fair? It's not. I'm about to get a deal listed on my site in a few hours, do i skip over companies because I like a certain company more? NO I go first come, first serve, and that's how it should be.

• @birdie25 said: New category called BuyVM bitching?

Yes. It'll be the place where BuyVM employees bitch about how sad and jealous everyone else is of their Chinese-VPN-using-client-base, Canada-Netflix-watchers, and LET-script-bloggers.

@CVPS_Chris said: I said forgive me if I was wrong.... I swear I was told that

Nope, all of our groups are in public view boss.

The reason you get jabbed and poked by Aldryic is because he gets a consistent response out of you - rage and hate. It isn't a jealousy thing from either side, It's just 'hey get the timer out, lets see how fast I can make Chris scream bloody murder'.

Francisco

edited April 2012

@Aldryic said: If you have logs, post 'em. You said it, now back it up :3

I reformatted and only have logs up to a few months ago... so I guess I will just have to retract my statement since I do not have the proof.

edited April 2012

@subigo said: Yes. It'll be the place where BuyVM employees bitch about how sad and jealous everyone else is of their Chinese-VPN-using-client-base, Canada-Netflix-watchers, and LET-script-bloggers.

I find it amazing how many chinese VPN customers buy 2GB plans and don't downgrade them, they must be OpenVPNing that bitch till the rice comes home.

It's amazing that you bitch about us yet your 'extended research into storage' was you saw the line up of people begging us to reload our own storage plans.

What would happen if we rolled out with 150TB of available storage on our plans? You guys would all shit an adobe brick house.

Come at me bro.

Francisco

• You guys probably hate me for saying this again ... but there is way too much drama on this forum.

Chill out ...

Thanked by 3Infinity LES circus
  • AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

Aww, c'mon man, at least make it whiskey <_<

If they want to cry about us being mean, maybe they should stop poking the bear before it wakes. :P

• lol

• @Francisco said: I find it amazing how many chinese VPN customers buy 2GB plans and don't downgrade them, they must be OpenVPNing that bitch till the rice comes home.

They sure as hell aren't doing much else from China.

It's amazing that you bitch about yet your 'extended research into storage' was you saw the line up of people begging us to reload our own storage plans.

Didn't see that at all. Saw about 70 people signing up for a waiting list.

What would happen if we rolled out with 150TB of available storage on our plans? You guys would all shit an adobe brick house.

Then do it. Do it without selling out and change the world.

Come at me bro.

I've got nothing to do for the next two weeks. How would you like me to come at you? Challenge definitely accepted.

• @Francisco said: What would happen if we rolled out with 150TB of available storage on our plans? You guys would all shit an adobe brick house.

I guess is people find overselling to be impressive, they'd be impressed. I'd rather go with a more reputable company myself, when it comes to serious storage, not one that takes advantage of the pony fad to market their products.

Might as well go with cats next, they seem to get a lot of attention.

@CVPS_Chris said: I reformatted and only have logs up to a few months ago... so I guess I will just have to retract my statement since I do not have the proof.

You won't be able to find any because lets be honest, if Aldryic or I ever gained rank the community would crap itself. We got offered rank when LEA stepped aside but we said the most we'd do is simply give input/advise on points to watch out for since Aldryic & I have seen the truely scum side of the hosting industry.

We both enjoy the hell out of this community and wouldn't want to do something that would harm it (like taking a ranked position).

Francisco

@taipres said: I guess is people find overselling to be impressive, they'd be impressed.

Our storage VM's are all KVM w/ LVM based storage <_<

(14:21:36) storage01:~ root: vgdisplay
    --- Volume group ---
    VG Name storage
    System ID
    Format lvm2
    Metadata Areas 1
    Metadata Sequence No 45
    VG Access read/write
    VG Status resizable
    MAX LV 0
    Cur LV 32