Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB backlogged? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB backlogged?

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@NickM said: @CVPS_Chris, miTgiB is right though. A quick glance at your comment history tells the true story. I count a grand total of 1 post that isn't you posting about your company or taking a shot at BuyVM.

Because all you guys do is like to stir up trouble with me, so yes obviously I have to defend myself. Just leave me be and nothing will have to be talked about. Posting in this post had nothing to do with my company or BuyVM you guys made it into that.

• lol at no picture for the last LEB post, you guys aren't allowed to post pictures with Chief or something? Pretty sad, LEB should just become a community blog, where 3-10 guys all have equal access to post things. And Chief can keep collecting the $500 check if you guys really want, just sad LEA worked hard, and didn't have time for LEB, and handed over to some random and now that guy doesn't have time, yet has all the control. The community taking reigns is best option IMHO, give to those who do have time.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

The thing is that lowendbox.com site has been built with hosts we never heard or used before but this tradition passed away in favour of advertizing, coupon codes, special promotions, reposting... same old boring hosts we all know or even have from one of their previous offers. You can't build a community on that. It's really boring to open LEB every few days just to see "oh, again chicagovps" or "oh again sshVM" (example) and this is it.

And this is also answer to @MikHo and co. above. It's not problem in us - readers. You simply can't please a community with reposting special offer of a host which have special offers all over LEB/LET/WHT whole time. For me was refresing to see iperweb/prometheus, torqhost... at LET but sadly those host wasn't LEB discoveries. Those guys needed to come here to be introduced at all. And this is where new LEB differentiate from old LEB and where it fails.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@CVPS_Chris Inception Hosting is rubbish?

Thanks, granted I cant do 2GB VPS's for $7 but there is a good reason for that, people get what they pay for.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

CVPS_Chris I noticed your signature doesn't have backlink to your site, was that on purpose? Also I wonder how long buyvm had to wait to have their deal posted, I bet it was up the very day they submitted it, if not that hour. Real fair and balanced there.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

We were listed for the first time, hope we be considered "quality " rubbish :-)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said: Thanks, granted I cant do 2GB VPS's for $7

Don't take it to heart Anthony, neither can he.

badassoverhere

Francisco

Thanked by 1Infinity

@taipres said: Also I wonder how long buyvm had to wait to have their deal posted, I bet it was up the very day they submitted it, if not that hour. Real fair and balanced there.

Ha so true... so true.

@AnthonySmith said: Thanks, granted I cant do 2GB VPS's for $7 but there is a good reason for that, people get what they pay for.

What exactly are you suggesting?

@Francisco said: Don't take it to heart Anthony, neither can he.

If I cant, how come we do?

• I think the 'butthurt' image would be more appropriate at this point. Enough jealousy dripping from these posts to fill a tub.

(Is there still a pool/bet going on how often I'll say hypocrisy? I haven't received any bribes on that one yet)

No one is butthurt, please get over yourself haha. You guys pretty much run LEB now and have your hand in everything.

• No? You boys sure do get bent out of shape over us doing... well, what we do best, apparently. The sad part is, we don't even have to try to troll you gents; you seem to take pretty strong offense to us simply running a successful business. That, my friend, is a greater compliment than you could ever mean to give :3

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@aldryc please keep the fight fair, one player per company!

Thank you and came back to your seat. :)

• NickMNickM Member

Back on topic, I can't really see much of a logical reason for the backlog at LEB. Surely it doesn't take THAT long to write a post. Granted, the writers have to do a little bit of research first, but, assuming that the host provided all of the necessary information in their email, it should be pretty easy to write up a post.

• @prometeus said: Thank you and came back to your seat. :)

Awww, but Fran's nicer than I, won't be as much fun :P Haha, alright alright, I'll grab some popcorn myself :3

• Buyvm doesn't make their own forum because they get too much attention here. It's not fair for their paying customers, but whatever. Maybe if a real admin takes over here and stops playing favorites, they'll move on and this won't be BuyVMTalk anymore, and other providers can be highlighted and show cased like VPS6, Fanatical, etc...

• @Aldryic said: (Is there still a pool/bet going on how often I'll say hypocrisy? I haven't received any bribes on that one yet

Yes. And since you find a way to enter every thread and make it about how everyone is so jealous of BuyVM, such a hypocrite, and very immature, even the highest guess is going to be way off.

@Aldryic said: No? You boys sure do get bent out of shape over us doing... well, what we do best, apparently. The sad part is, we don't even have to try to troll you gents; you seem to take pretty strong offense to us simply running a successful business. That, my friend, is a greater compliment than you could ever mean to give :3

If thats how you want to take it, then you responding to me I can take in the same sense?

• TaipresEndTalk. Has a pretty nice ring to it, I suppose. If you don't like us being a part of the community... feel free to go back to your own? I recall you having nothing but contempt for everyone that wouldn't bail off to your little knockoff anyways <3

@NickM said: Surely it doesn't take THAT long to write a post.

When I talked to Joe & Mark a little bit the biggest issue is people that don't include any sort of details so they have to go on a hunting spree to find it, or spend days doing back/forth with hosts that don't seem to care enough to monitor their email.

Francisco

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@NickM said: Back on topic, I can't really see much of a logical reason for the backlog at LEB. Surely it doesn't take THAT long to write a post. Granted, the writers have to do a little bit of research first, but, assuming that the host provided all of the necessary information in their email, it should be pretty easy to write up a post.

Yeah it's easy, I personally don't do much research, have provider send me all the info I ask and just test the coupon codes, the checkout, and look up domain age etc...and my site lists lot more info than LEB does. Granted I been so caught up this week on business and waiting for guy to fix a plugin I use I haven't got some up. LEB doesn't have any excuses, they get payed well to make half baked posts, and they have users doing it for them, for free. Kind like Mozilla and firefox, have community test for free, and build the software for free, and they get over 100 million a year from Google. Quite genius really.

• @CVPS_Chris said: If thats how you want to take it, then you responding to me I can take in the same sense?

Eh, I suppose. I'm hoping with enough needling you'll lighten up some, then we can all just go hang out and BBQ :P

@Francisco said: When I talked to Joe & Mark a little bit the biggest issue is people that don't include any sort of details so they have to go on a hunting spree to find it, or spend days doing back/forth with hosts that don't seem to care enough to monitor their email.

So then give up and move on to the next post.

@Aldryic said: Eh, I suppose. I'm hoping with enough needling you'll lighten up some, then we can all just go hang out and BBQ :P

I have nothing against you, I feel as if you like to start stuff with me just for the hell of it =/

@CVPS_Chris said: So then give up and move on to the next post.

I guess. =\

I don't think the new writers have the ability to publish things, only to write. Publishing/editing gets left to Joe & Mark. Mark is completely MIA and Joe doesn't have enough hours in a day as it is.

Francisco

• NickMNickM Member

BuyVM gets so much attention here because they're a well known, and mostly well-respected company. There's a lot of demand for their services, and a lot of the active members here have services with them. So yes, we're going to talk about BuyVM quite a bit. Add to that the fact that Fran and Aldryic are active here (and not just in threads about BuyVM or to bash other providers, mind you), and yeah, I can see how some might label the site as BuyVMTalk. But I don't really see any favoritism from LET's staff.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: When I talked to Joe & Mark a little bit the biggest issue is people that don't include any sort of details so they have to go on a hunting spree to find it, or spend days doing back/forth with hosts that don't seem to care enough to monitor their email.

@Francisco LEA didn't get any details when he hooked us to his page. He did all work by himself. Offers start to roll into his mailbox later and those was only part of hosts he featured.

• NickMNickM Member

Which is why, as I've said before, someone needs to make a form for the providers to fill out with all of the necessary information. You want to get listed? You fill out the form and provide ALL of the information that's requested. Simple.

@NickM said: But I don't really see any favoritism from LET's staff

They have admin rights on LET as far as I know? So of course there is favoritism.

• @Francisco you are right.