Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB backlogged? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB backlogged?

Comments

• @subigo said: You can say whatever you want, but we both know why you are always sold out. It's not a new marketing strategy and we both know you guys aren't getting rich from it.

Ok, this has me lost, What are you trying to say here?

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

Sorry but subigo's post was lol :D

• @subigo said: Anyone, and I repeat, anyone can sellout a $15/year vps node(s).

The difference is, we sell out of every plan.

@subigo said: hostloc, but no real host has to pander to Chinese VPN users

Pander? Hardly, they're not even close to being a majority of our client base. We just happen to be one of the few non-asian hosts that treat them with respect. It's pretty clear now how they'd be treated over with you.

@subigo said: we both know you guys aren't getting rich from it

We've already stated several times that none of us are in this for the money, regardless of the fact that ALL of our bills for the year are paid, in full, by the end of February/March. Can you claim the same?

@subigo said: I don't know how you get paid for doing billing/support, but I'd be willing to bet that it's less than minimum wage

See above. How many times does this have to be explained to you folks? @miTgiB , your thoughts on running a LowEnd hosting company to get rich? You've had one of the best commentaries on the subject I've seen :P

@subigo said: I've been doing this since 1996 and I've seen a lot of hosts come and go.

Tim made this claim too. The difference is, he backed his up with proof. Can you do the same? Anyone can claim to have 'decades of experience', and 1996 is a very popular year to lie about.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Aldryic said: @miTgiB , your thoughts on running a LowEnd hosting company to get rich? You've had one of the best commentaries on the subject I've seen :P

Wut I say? I talk a lot of crap sometimes ;P

I am busy sweeping up the scraps over here ;)

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • @miTgiB said: I talk a lot of crap sometimes ;P

You mean that's not part of our job description? XD

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

• @Aldryic said: The difference is, we sell out of every plan.

But they are still the same type of plan that anyone can sell out of easily.

@Aldryic said: Pander? Hardly, they're not even close to being a majority of our client base. We just happen to be one of the few non-asian hosts that treat them with respect. It's pretty clear now how they'd be treated over with you.

They wouldn't be treated any kind of way. I've banned Chinese orders since the beginning.

@Aldryic said: We've already stated several times that none of us are in this for the money, regardless of the fact that ALL of our bills for the year are paid, in full, by the end of February/March. Can you claim the same?

Yes. For this year and the next. That includes my personal bills as well.

@Aldryic said: Tim made this claim too. The difference is, he backed his up with proof. Can you do the same? Anyone can claim to have 'decades of experience', and 1996 is a very popular year to lie about.

Here (and this is just the first crawl from archive.org, it was up a lot longer than this): http://web.archive.org/web/20020405185317/http://www.subnixus.net/

Compare the name on the site to the whois information on my current domain. If archive.org had crawled my company prior to Subnixus, I'd post it as well. I might be able to find some old newsgroup posts about it (solonet).

• @Aldric

@subigo said: Do do it already. Put everyone else out of business.

@subigo said: Bust out those yearly vps plans, storage plans, and "custom" vps panel. Put us all out of business and show us all how it's done.

Haha sounds like a challenge to me :)

Thanked by 2Aldryic Francisco

Can we stop with the trolling/arguing/moaning/bashing/licking? Really?

I mean, whats the point in all of that bickering, what do both sides attempt to accomplish?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @subigo said: Here (and this is just the first crawl from archive.org, it was up a lot longer than this): http://web.archive.org/web/20020405185317/http://www.subnixus.net/

Compare the name on the site to the whois information on my current domain. If archive.org had crawled my company prior to Subnixus, I'd post it as well. I might be able to find some old newsgroup posts about it (solonet).

Aah, cool deal, thanks for the clarification. As I'm sure you understand, I believe just as many of your claims as you believe of mine :P

@subigo said: But they are still the same type of plan that anyone can sell out of easily.

Umm... OVZ !~ KVM, and Standard VPS !~ Storage Plan. How are those even close to being 'the same types? Or are you trying to say something else?

@subigo said: They wouldn't be treated any kind of way. I've banned Chinese orders since the beginning.

Your choice, of course. Doesn't seem exactly fair to me, it'd be like us writing off all European clients. Any particular reason you chose to do so?

@subigo said: Yes. For this year and the next. That includes my personal bills as well.

You gave your evidence for the other inquiry, so I'll take your word for it :P So now that we've established that our companies are not hurting in the slightest... what exactly was your point there?

• @Daniel said: I mean, whats the point in all of that bickering, what do both sides attempt to accomplish?

Primarily, some folks just seem to get excessively aggravated over us doing nothing more than existing. That's their problem, but they insist on conspiracy theories and poking the bear, then cry and wonder why it decides to snap at them.

I'm sure we all -could- get along, but that's not in their best interests. I mean, we're talking about one kid that jumps into a thread titled specifically at us solely to try and bash/troll, and another that habitually insulted the entire LET community. 'Getting along' is not exactly their strong point :P

• Lost for words.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Infinity
  • vedranvedran Veteran

PLAN ONE

40 MB Space
    500 MB Bandwidth
    Full featured account
    $3.95/month

Good old days.

Anyway, can we get this thread back on topic? If anyone remembers what was the original topic ...

I've got carried away with the meme's now.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • I like Chris' best :3

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @vedran said: Anyway, can we get this thread back on topic? If anyone remembers what was the original topic ...

That was answered 3 pages ago.

This is now my new way of communication, no words just pictures

• @vedran - how much for that adspace in your sig? Just to give the conspiracy theorists something to chew on :3

• @CVPS_Chris said: This is now my new way of communication, no words just pictures

But... that was text ;;

@Aldryic said: But... that was text ;;

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • I was asked to kill the offtopic responses, so I will. However, If anyone wants to create a "subigo vs. anyone else" thread, I'll be more than happy to post there.

• ahahaha, yes. Gotta save that one for future use :3

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@subigo said: Anyone, and I repeat, anyone can sellout a $15/year vps node(s)

Not true, there's a provider around these parts that can't sell out $10/y VM's, no matter how hard they try.

I doubt you've seen it but our release schedules look like this:

http://wiki.frantech.ca/index.php/Stock

We sold 1200 vm's in less than a week including the left overs of our KVM's. Remember, We only have 2 plans that are LEB, yet we still sellout of everything else which is 'well over' the LEB structure. We don't sit here gloating about how amazing our horse is. Of the 128's we only sold 200, don't you think if we were making our bread/butter off them we'd focus on them? They're simply a plan that people like and we were the rave of WHT before we even put them out.

We might not be the most amazing CPU's but we don't need to. Linode is a prime example of the same mentality. They use the same CPU's as us with 50% less drives yet they have no problem drawing in tons of people because you can go there and have, pretty well, the exact same experience as anyone else.

Francisco

• BassHostBassHost Member
    edited April 2012

^^ technically there is text ...

• @BassHost not if you enlarge them so they pixelate