Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• neverainneverain Member

@Levi said:
    Website looks to generic. Reminds me thousands of themeforest templates.

true, buyshared and buyvm had a unique and charming design, namecrane design is bland

@JasonM said: waiting for reseller plans to show up

I think reseller plans are up

https://namecrane.com/crates-semi-dedicated-hosting

@Francisco could this be an alternative to hosting on vps?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

uhm guys, that isn't the actual site I'm pretty sure.

That's just Lagom theme, suiting Frantech's Client area theme.

I'm sure they're coming up with an actual website.

• shruubshruub Member

@ Levi said:

Seriously. I hope FatGrizzly actually is correct. With a bit of searching I could probably find 10 hosts using that exact theme. I love the buyvm/shared look even though it semi-sucks on mobile. Hope it comes back.

• shruubshruub Member

also @MannDude, wen Incognet x Namecrane? It's been an amount of hours! /s

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Limited SG slices for Premier members please, thank you :smiley:

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • kaitkait Member
    edited March 7

@shruub said: also @MannDude, wen Incognet x Namecrane? It's been an amount of hours! /s

When namecrane gets the domain side of his business up and running :heart:

I hope soooon...

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 7

@shruub said:

Believe me, I'm waiting too. We get great domain pricing with InternetBS (Insider tier, 16% discount) but I'm hoping to start reselling NameCrane as soon as Fran lets me. Not sure what the pricing for resellers and cool dudes like me who has been a BuyVM customer for over a decade will get, though. :)

@Francisco mentioned in a previous reply that wait was on ICANN's side or something.

• edited March 7

@Francisco said: I guess a small poll: What country would you prefer for APAC?

• SG
    • JP
    • Your own choice?

It's gonna be expensive and I know it's a long shot but... Manila lol

Toss in a few KVM Slices in APAC if you could too, the options here suck.

• shruubshruub Member

@MannDude said:

@shruub said:

@Francisco mentioned in a previous reply that wait was on ICANN's side or something.

Yeah, I think he said that ICANN that they didn't accredit him yet but he already has contracts with some smaller nics or something.

• kaitkait Member

@shruub said:

@MannDude said:

@shruub said:

Yeah, I think he said that ICANN that they didn't accredit him yet but he already has contracts with some smaller nics or something.

Yeah, should be 2k a year for .se with a super cheap per domain price, @emgh might now it better than me though.

Thanked by 2emgh hyperblast
  • emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@shruub said:

@MannDude said:

@shruub said:

Yeah, should be 2k a year for .se with a super cheap per domain price, @emgh might now it better than me though.

I honestly don’t remember, but probably along those lines. I just remember looking at it and realising I could do it easily

Not sooo cheap per domain pricing though, I believe it’s about 10 SEK / month (billed min 12 months.) or something like that

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said:

@kait said:

@shruub said:

@MannDude said:

@shruub said:

I honestly don’t remember, but probably along those lines. I just remember looking at it and realising I could do it easily

Not sooo cheap per domain pricing though, I believe it’s about 10 SEK / month (billed min 12 months.) or something like that

Yup, 12 euro sounds correct, still cheap imo

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Levi said:

Correct it’s just the Lagom basic website builder.

We’ve already reached out to a designer, lagom themselves, to build something custom for us :)

They’re just needing a bit more documentation then they’ll hammer at it. Around 2 months once they start.

For now we just wanted to get something going. We’ve had the gear sitting in NY and UK since September.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Kris JamesF _MS_
  • I don't get it.

Domain registration should be one company.

Webhosting another.

IP transit another

Colocation also.

You are competing with your clients.

Also, I like your "law of the land approach", but as was just posted on lowendbox, probably soon KYC will be a requirement for US based hosting companies.

I don't get why you are using a US based company, if you want to have this law of the land approach. Seychelles makes more sense.

Thanked by 1mxmla
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@packetnext said:
    I don't get it.

Webhosting another.

IP transit another

Colocation also.

Also, I like your "law of the land approach", but as was just posted on lowendbox, probably soon KYC will be a requirement for US based hosting companies.

I don't get why you are using a US based company, if you want to have this law of the land approach. Seychelles makes more sense.

I don't get it.

Why 10 different LLC's?
    one for ip address's
    one for asn
    one for domain ownership
    one for registrar
    one for Webhosting
    one for vps
    one for dedis
    one for colo
    one for ip transit
    one for Franned stuff.

makes no sense to me, having webhosting bundled with domains encourages people to buy with the registrar itself.

Thanked by 2Kris sasslik
  • LeeLee Veteran

FFS, buy or don't buy, whiny little bitches moaning about website design.

• shruubshruub Member

@Lee said:
    FFS, buy or don't buy, whiny little bitches moaning about website design.

No U

Thanked by 1emgh

@packetnext said: Domain registration should be one company.

You have to show ICANN/etc how you're going to fund the business. They ask you what other products you intend to offer.

My .com's are no more special than GoDaddy's minus I'm not going to yeet you when you say something mean on your site. That's my 'upsell'.

Shared, resellers, & email, go well with domains.

Francisco

• shruubshruub Member

@Francisco said:
    My .com's are no more special than GoDaddy's

wait, they don't glow whenever one does a whois query? kind of expected that

@shruub said: wait, they don't glow whenever one does a whois query? kind of expected that

Oh i'm sure CF & GoDaddy, etc, all glow in the dark. Or at the very least they will link your whois lookup back to your account and spam you with 'heeey you know that dicksoutforharam.be is still available??'

Francisco

• shruubshruub Member

@Francisco said:

@shruub said: wait, they don't glow whenever one does a whois query? kind of expected that

Oh i'm sure CF & GoDaddy, etc, all glow in the dark. Or at the very least they will link your whois lookup back to your account and spam you with 'heeey you know that dicksoutforharam.be is still available??'

Francisco

Not sure about CF, but definitely GoDaddy and a few of the other "Hey, here's a overpriced .com (but one year .xxx free on top!), buy or shared hosting, vpn, vps, dedicated server, IPv4 /24 and... oh you don't know what that is? Well, you'll figure it out!"-Providers. Also, I smell a business opportunity. The Beligian people love their dicks!*

*Disclaimer: I don't know if that's true, so for the one Belgian, don't be offended if not true. But they do like their long things, even if their just in potato form.

• @packetnext said:
    I don't get it.

Webhosting another.

IP transit another

Colocation also.

@Francisco

https://lowendbox.com/blog/get-ready-to-scan-your-passport-if-you-want-to-buy-a-vm-this-summer/

• shruubshruub Member

God damn. That would really suck. Talk about the land of the free.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@Francisco where in the UK are you hosted? Can you share the shared-hosting limits, please? Thanks

@nfn said: @Francisco where in the UK are you hosted? Can you share the shared-hosting limits, please? Thanks

Zare.

What limits would you like to know? Which plan?

Francisco

• nfnnfn Veteran

@Francisco said:

@nfn said: @Francisco where in the UK are you hosted? Can you share the shared-hosting limits, please? Thanks

Zare.

What limits would you like to know? Which plan?

Francisco

Shared 100G and Shared 50G. Would like to know Processes, IOPS and Inodes to compare to what I have now.

@nfn said: Shared 100G and Shared 50G. Would like to know Processes, IOPS and Inodes to compare to what I have now.

IOPs & IO aren't capped anymore. Just no reason.

EP/NP is 'default' on those. We'd love to get feedback if people are hitting limits so we can adjust them up.

Francisco

Thanked by 1nfn
  • nfnnfn Veteran

Thanks @Francisco . Do you help or have any tools to move from an existing cPanel account?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Sucks, the only Country right now that demands my ID would be China and India.
    Not even Russia ask for your ID when you buy hosting services.

India does ask for KYC but I just buy from an European provider, so I don't have to KYC and still got a server in India.
    Probably the same for US too, but since this is LET I have most of my US stuff directly since its cheaper without a reseller and pay directly in USD.

Gonna suck though, probably terminating most of my US servers, not gonna hand over my ID for 12$/y.
    Would be interesting to see if providers going to deadpool over this.

@nfn said: Thanks @Francisco . Do you help or have any tools to move from an existing cPanel account?

Actually, you can generate a backup inside of your current cPanel and provide us the cpmove archive. We'll then restore it on our end.

Francisco

Thanked by 1nfn