Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said: Reseller plan in Las Vegas is still unavailable. Will it be refilled after the migration?

Yes :)

The current reseller plans will be restocked in all locations.

I guess a small poll: What country would you prefer for APAC?
    - SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

SG.

I see that Blesta licenses are also being migrated, that means no more licenses for VM's?

• sh97sh97 Member

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said: Reseller plan in Las Vegas is still unavailable. Will it be refilled after the migration?

- SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

+1 for SG

• Great news :)

As for the country, if Singapore can have great conectivity, that's a +1 for Singapore!

• PorlamPorlam Member
    edited March 6

@Francisco said: Yes

• SG
    • JP
    • Your own choice?

JP

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited March 6

@Francisco said:

- SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

SG, for better connection to all APAC area. JP works fine with East Asia, but is not a perfect choice for customers in AUS/IND.

• JasonMJasonM Member

+1 for SG
    but there are many providers in SG, why not HK or Taiwan for better connectivity in South Asia and even some parts of Middle-East.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@FatGrizzly said: I see that Blesta licenses are also being migrated, that means no more licenses for VM's?

They get them too :)

We're just making sure people aren't double dipping.

@JasonM said: but there are many providers in SG, why not HK or Taiwan for better connectivity in South Asia and even some parts of Middle-East.

HK would be nice but it might be cost prohibitive. I'd have to see what rack prices are like. Likely the same with Taiwan.

Francisco

Thanked by 2JasonM FatGrizzly
  • @Francisco said:

- SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

Sg

• @Francisco said:

@FatGrizzly said: I see that Blesta licenses are also being migrated, that means no more licenses for VM's?

They get them too :)

We're just making sure people aren't double dipping.

@JasonM said: but there are many providers in SG, why not HK or Taiwan for better connectivity in South Asia and even some parts of Middle-East.

HK would be nice but it might be cost prohibitive. I'd have to see what rack prices are like. Likely the same with Taiwan.

Francisco

The primary problem with HK is not the cost, but the bandwidth and the vulnerability due to the poor bandwidth. I don't see any advantage of HK/TW over SG.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited March 6

Lovely to see Namecrane come to fruition!

Definitely getting one reseller UK hosting once you have them.

@noisycode said: The primary problem with HK is not the cost, but the bandwidth and the vulnerability due to the poor bandwidth. I don't see any advantage of HK/TW over SG.

That's my take. SG seems to cover things well for us :) We'll see.

Francisco

• WeichingWeiching Member

@Francisco said:

- SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

JP>SG

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 6

@Francisco You sent the email with Mailchannels? (I’d look at the headers but I don’t have a computer at hand.)

Because iCloud decided it was spam and put it in junk (might be worth looking at so that people get to see it/the next update.)

Edit: From experience, iCloud flagging = listed on ’Proofpoint’

@emgh said:
    @Francisco You sent the email with Mailchannels? (I’d look at the headers but I don’t have a computer at hand.)

Because iCloud decided it was spam and put it in junk (might be worth looking at so that people get to see it/the next update.)

Indeed. Mailchannels

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@emgh said:

Indeed. Mailchannels

They’re DONE!!

@emgh said: They’re DONE!!

@FatGrizzly said: Indeed. Mailchannels

No. We use mailgun for billing emails.

Mailchannels is used for shared/resellers.

Francisco

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly emgh
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

This is awesome to hear @Francisco. Can't wait to see what all becomes of NameCrane!

• emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Nice that Mailchannels isn't DONE. Anyway, might be worth using Mailchannels or any other reliable sender in the future so that non-LETers get the info too if it ends up in their spam.

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Nice that Mailchannels isn't DONE. Anyway, might be worth using Mailchannels or any other reliable sender in the future so that non-LETers get the info too if it ends up in their spam.

Mailchannels blocks emails all the time and still bills for it. We have to contact them every day to request unblocking of emails that they flagged as spamming, but aren’t.

We hope to start building our own relays soon. @jar was a great help in getting a proof of concept going. I just need to provision the servers, setup rdns, and slowly warm things up.

Francisco

Thanked by 3hapkido suricloud emgh
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@Weblogics said: @Francisco Received the email, and looking forward to NameCrane. Roughly how long before the domain registrar comes online? Months, years?

I expect .uk and some of the places like donuts/centralnic to be quick to get going, com/net is still pending ICANN. Once we get ICANN moving we can then apply for all the others.

Francisco

Internetstiftelsen is very low barrier to entry, so I fully expect .SE & .NU

Oh, that would be awesome. I have been dreaming of a single registrar that can handle all the tld's I use, maybe Namecrane could finally be the one?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • LeviLevi Member

I always thought that namecrane is hoax, somewhat monument to the epic staling of frankcisco. So it is a real thing?

• hapkidohapkido Member

SG

• excited for SG loc 👊🏻

• hostkarhostkar Member

@Francisco said: Yes

• SG
    • JP
    • Your own choice?

SG

@Francisco said:

@MS said: Last day to buy a BuyShared service. Couldn't resist. I wonder if the old/migrated BS (BuyShared) accounts will have some sort of advantage/additional perks over the newer NC accounts in the future.

What'cha have in mind?

Francisco

Exclusive 512MB stock for Buyshared migrators :)

Thanked by 3hapkido sh97 _MS_
  • emghemgh Member

@rcy026 said:

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@Weblogics said: @Francisco Received the email, and looking forward to NameCrane. Roughly how long before the domain registrar comes online? Months, years?

I expect .uk and some of the places like donuts/centralnic to be quick to get going, com/net is still pending ICANN. Once we get ICANN moving we can then apply for all the others.

Francisco

Internetstiftelsen is very low barrier to entry, so I fully expect .SE & .NU

Oh, that would be awesome. I have been dreaming of a single registrar that can handle all the tld's I use, maybe Namecrane could finally be the one?

Inleed/Egensajt?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • icryicry Member

@Francisco said:

- SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

SG

• hapkidohapkido Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@Francisco said:

@MS said: Last day to buy a BuyShared service. Couldn't resist. I wonder if the old/migrated BS (BuyShared) accounts will have some sort of advantage/additional perks over the newer NC accounts in the future.

What'cha have in mind?

Francisco

How about higher limits for migrators? So the performance will be better?

Will be nice!!

• @hapkido said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@Francisco said:

What'cha have in mind?

Francisco

How about higher limits for migrators? So the performance will be better?

Will be nice!!

Double disk space :)

• dosaidosai Member

SG would be great.