Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• paijrutpaijrut Member

SG +1

• nyamenknyamenk Member

+1 SG

• @Francisco said:

@hyperblast said: old buyshared cpanel become namecrane cpanel (and a (security)) cpanel upgrade to latest version??? @Francisco

I'll likely schedule that for this weekend :) The new cPanel's are already on latest.

Francisco

...on latest 116.x.x

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@emgh said:

@rcy026 said:

@emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@Weblogics said: @Francisco Received the email, and looking forward to NameCrane. Roughly how long before the domain registrar comes online? Months, years?

I expect .uk and some of the places like donuts/centralnic to be quick to get going, com/net is still pending ICANN. Once we get ICANN moving we can then apply for all the others.

Francisco

Internetstiftelsen is very low barrier to entry, so I fully expect .SE & .NU

Oh, that would be awesome. I have been dreaming of a single registrar that can handle all the tld's I use, maybe Namecrane could finally be the one?

Inleed/Egensajt?

Nope, I have some odd ones like .pw and .st

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @emgh said:

@Francisco said:

@Weblogics said: @Francisco Received the email, and looking forward to NameCrane. Roughly how long before the domain registrar comes online? Months, years?

I expect .uk and some of the places like donuts/centralnic to be quick to get going, com/net is still pending ICANN. Once we get ICANN moving we can then apply for all the others.

Francisco

Internetstiftelsen is very low barrier to entry, so I fully expect .SE & .NU

full support for .se, .nu and what would be brilliantly favourable .no and .io

Thanked by 1emgh
  • namerane.com - Down for Maintenance (Err 3)

We are currently performing maintenance and will be back shortly.

• emghemgh Member

@hyperblast said:
    namerane.com - Down for Maintenance (Err 3)

It’s been like that for a loooooong time

• @emgh said:

@hyperblast said:

On March 6th your BuyShared services will be transferred to NameCrane (https://namecrane.com) our up and coming domain registrar!

here (even in sweden) we have already the 6th of march! ;)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@hyperblast said:

@emgh said:

@hyperblast said:

> On March 6th your BuyShared services will be transferred to NameCrane (https://namecrane.com) our up and coming domain registrar!
    > 

We have to wait for end of day March 6 in both Hawaii and the far end Eskimo areas of Alaska near the Russian borderline.

• @JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

@emgh said:

@hyperblast said:

> > On March 6th your BuyShared services will be transferred to NameCrane (https://namecrane.com) our up and coming domain registrar!
    > > 

We have to wait for end of day March 6 in both Hawaii and the far end Eskimo areas of Alaska near the Russian borderline.

ok.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@hyperblast said: here (even in sweden) we have already the 6th of march!

even I was thinking why isn't it yet online.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

“For those that don’t know, NameCrane is made up of Francisco (yours truly), Karen, & our newest addition, Mike. You will see a few support staffers from BuyVM as well as some new faces.

While we’re still working on getting the domain side of the business signed off and selling, all BuyShared Shared, Reseller, & Blesta licenses, will be transferred to it. Don’t worry, your pricing will stay the same. If you still have concerns, please open a ticket or contact us on our Discord.

Why is this happening? We feel that Shared & Reseller plans go better with Domains than it does with VPS services. This will also allow us to put out new locations (hint hint) without having to loop VPS services into it.”

Ahh, so certainly it has nothing to do with a non-compete clause contained in the sale of a business or anything.

Francisco just wanted to let BuyVM collect dust for months and suddenly rebrand, moving all his staff over. Just because.

• LeeLee Veteran

That escalated quickly. Anyone mentioned nazis yet?

Thanked by 2MannDude FatGrizzly
  • kaitkait Member

@Lee said: Anyone mentioned nazis yet?

Dude, it is the aliens controlling Francisco brain like the rat from ratatouille. L for BuyVM, you will be missed.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@Francisco said:

@MS said: Last day to buy a BuyShared service. Couldn't resist. I wonder if the old/migrated BS (BuyShared) accounts will have some sort of advantage/additional perks over the newer NC accounts in the future.

What'cha have in mind?

Francisco

It was more of a general thought than anything specific.

I don't know how feasible it is to implement these for billing and administrative reasons, but

• giving some % discount for paying Annually would be one idea. Right now, paying monthly or annually costs the same.
    • Or like somebody else mentioned, providing additional resources/higher limits (CPU and/or RAM, not Bandwidth).

Your hosting plans are already so feature-rich for the price that it almost feels wrong to expect more.

@Francisco said:
    I guess a small poll: What country would you prefer for APAC?
    - SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Vegas Singapore, baby, Singapore! :)

• hkmhkm Member

And it's live guys 😁

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@hkm said:
    And it's live guys 😁

Just noticed too!

Thanked by 1hkm
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

The CPanel accounts state $1.75 for 5 but in checkout are $2.50 and are limited to monthly? @Francisco

• Can't wait for singapore :D

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited March 7

DP said: new plans will be much larger than our current offerings, as well as include new features.

If you haven’t noticed, all shared & resellers were upgraded to new Ryzen 7900 CPU’s and much faster, and larger, local NVME storage

@Francisco said:

@MS said: Last day to buy a BuyShared service. Couldn't resist. I wonder if the old/migrated BS (BuyShared) accounts will have some sort of advantage/additional perks over the newer NC accounts in the future.

What'cha have in mind?

@Francisco
    While it's still Mar 6th and BuyShared is still with us, could you please also implement what was once announced for the older plans?
    At least partially, i.e. for the smallest (1 GB) plans?

BuyShared.net hosting

Just to clarify why I'm posting this:
    I'm a client since 2015, I have several domains hosted with BuyShared, but all of them are static single-pagers, so basically I'm parking the domains I own.
    I also have one WordPress website from 2017 with a 10-15 pages, which is (too) close to getting nearly no visitors these days. My total monthly bandwidth is about 1 GB.

And even for these godforsaken sites the http logs and stats (which I prefer to keep) take more than 400 MB, which is close to the half of the space available.
    So 1 GB is too little these days.

In 2024, when there's no more dedicated IP on shared plans, and drives became much larger and cheaper, I believe that adding one extra gigabyte should be totally feasible.

• suyadi92suyadi92 Member

@Francisco said:
    - SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

SG.

• ahhh, so there will be no more directadmin based shared hosting or tiny reseller plan?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@noisycode said: ahhh, so there will be no more directadmin based shared hosting or tiny reseller plan?

Shared 1G & 5G are going to not be sold anymore.

Resellers are there and will be opened up hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I have to integrate the Location picker into those plans before we can make them live. They'll be available in all locations.

Mike still wants to work on a content page for it, but for the absolute immediate it might just be a menu link.

Francisco

• jamespeachjamespeach Member
    edited March 7

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said: Reseller plan in Las Vegas is still unavailable. Will it be refilled after the migration?

Yes :)

The current reseller plans will be restocked in all locations.

- SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

For the most content friendly hosting countries, I would definitely say Japan would be far superior. Singapore is okay, but not the best. Hong Kong and Taiwan are okay for now, but you never know what the future holds for those, especially Hong Kong.

Sydney Australia, or even Auckland New Zealand would make an amazing addition too!

• GravelyGravely Member

+1 Sydney Australia @Francisco

Thanked by 3jamespeach corbpie hkm
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Looking forward to this!

• dosaidosai Member

The new location seems to be UK.

Choice of 4 Locations (US-West, US-East, UK, EU)

• LeviLevi Member

Website looks to generic. Reminds me thousands of themeforest templates.

Thanked by 1neverain
  • JasonMJasonM Member

nice design. waiting for reseller plans to show up.

• hostkarhostkar Member

@Francisco said: Resellers are there and will be opened up hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I have to integrate the Location picker into those plans before we can make them live. They'll be available in all locations.

>

I liked the Semi-Dedicated Hosting thing But if there is Singapore , then I will defiantly go for one instantly.
    And you can also mentioned as "Reseller" like : Semi Dedicated Reseller Hosing