Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Weblogics said: @Francisco Received the email, and looking forward to NameCrane. Roughly how long before the domain registrar comes online? Months, years?

I expect .uk and some of the places like donuts/centralnic to be quick to get going, com/net is still pending ICANN. Once we get ICANN moving we can then apply for all the others.

Francisco

@jcolideles said: Hopefully it's Singapore. 🤞

It'll be UK via Zare, and New York via... BuyVM :)

I've got 2 APAC locations already priced out, we just need what we've got planned is viable and selling. I don't want to take on costs for shits/giggles.

Francisco

• JosephFJosephF Member

@Francisco said:

@JosephF said:
    What services will remain with BuyShared?

None, buyshared will merge with namecrane.

Kinda like the Constructicons.

Francisco

How is this something other than BuyShared simply being renamed to NameCrane?

@JosephF said: How is this something other than BuyShared simply being renamed to NameCrane?

Well, BuyShared was never a separate brand, it was just a different marketing page. Everything still ran through Frantech's paypal, stripe, alipay, etc.

Thing is, when you apply with ICANN they want to know what else you'll be selling/marketing to make a profit. On domains you make $1 here, there, maybe. That's why godaddy/etc will slam you with 3 - 4 pages of other products they sell while you try to check out a domain.

Francisco

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited March 5

This is the real crane. :)

Congrats on new launch.

• JosephFJosephF Member

You might want to consider merging all your brands under the NameCrane umbrella.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
    edited March 5

@Francisco said:

I've got 2 APAC locations already priced out, we just need what we've got planned is viable and selling. I don't want to take on costs for shits/giggles.

Francisco

UK sounds good! That’s my ideal location! :) order incoming! :)

Will UK have cPanel and DA reseller?

@JamesF said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

UK sounds good! That’s my ideal location! :) order incoming! :)

Will UK have cPanel and DA reseller?

Both.

Francisco

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Awesome possum my friend!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@DP said:

@Francisco said:
    Thank you sir!

Francisco

Sending my best wishes to you and your team for smooth sailing ahead.

You stole what I wanted to say to Francisco out of my mind. Now, if I say it you could accuse me of being a copy-cat. You are hereby informed that I'll contact DP who's an admin here in order to have a serious word with you! *g

@Francisco

All the best to you and may you become even more successful!

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

All the best Fran!

I hope me getting Franned would be doubled soon, Looking forward to transfer my domains once you get ICANN accredited!

GLWS!

• HxxxHxxx Member

The website is down, down with the sickness
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=38Z9-HQhaKk

• shruubshruub Member

@MannDude said:
    Romania, please.

I know a guy who has a professional basement there, I think he's 81 years old or something.

I also know a guy in Italy, but that's a story for another day.

Thanked by 3MannDude kait niranjan
  • kaitkait Member
    edited March 5

@DP said: Sending my best wishes to you and your team for smooth sailing ahead.

I can't wait for namecrane. Wan't to become a certified reseller :flushed:

Thanked by 2sillycat DP
  • I would like to resell NameCrane domains too. Finally a registrar that won't be terrible.

• sassliksasslik Member

@NewbieInTraining said:
    I would like to resell NameCrane domains too. Finally a registrar that won't be terrible.

Lol

• _MS__MS_ Member

Last day to buy a BuyShared service. Couldn't resist. I wonder if the old/migrated BS (BuyShared) accounts will have some sort of advantage/additional perks over the newer NC accounts in the future.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited March 5

old buyshared cpanel become namecrane cpanel (and a (security)) cpanel upgrade to latest version??? @Francisco

• I really hope that we will have a web terminal in DA.

@hyperblast said: old buyshared cpanel become namecrane cpanel (and a (security)) cpanel upgrade to latest version??? @Francisco

I'll likely schedule that for this weekend :) The new cPanel's are already on latest.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hyperblast

@MS said: Last day to buy a BuyShared service. Couldn't resist. I wonder if the old/migrated BS (BuyShared) accounts will have some sort of advantage/additional perks over the newer NC accounts in the future.

What'cha have in mind?

Francisco

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • hapkidohapkido Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Wow nice!

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 5

@Francisco said:

@Weblogics said: @Francisco Received the email, and looking forward to NameCrane. Roughly how long before the domain registrar comes online? Months, years?

I expect .uk and some of the places like donuts/centralnic to be quick to get going, com/net is still pending ICANN. Once we get ICANN moving we can then apply for all the others.

Francisco

Internetstiftelsen is very low barrier to entry, so I fully expect .SE & .NU

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

@MS said: Last day to buy a BuyShared service. Couldn't resist. I wonder if the old/migrated BS (BuyShared) accounts will have some sort of advantage/additional perks over the newer NC accounts in the future.

What'cha have in mind?

Francisco

I don’t think he asked for anything specific. I believe he just stated that since the current plans MIGHT be better in some aspect, he couldn’t resist buying one now, just in case.

• gappergapper Member

Unfortunately on lv-shared01.dapanel.net whenever I try to access my WP admin panel (wp-admin folder) it says "503 Service Unavailable The server is temporarily busy, try again later!"

I think there is something wrong with the migration or a config change recently on the server. I have the same problem on all the domains hosted on my reseller plan, last week it was working just fine.

Thanked by 1_MS_

@gapper said: Unfortunately on lv-shared01.dapanel.net whenever I try to access my WP admin panel (wp-admin folder) it says "503 Service Unavailable The server is temporarily busy, try again later!"

Can you PM me a domain to test with? I got an idea of what it might be :)

Francisco

• gappergapper Member

@Francisco sure see ticket 102107 please

@gapper said:

Should be good to go.

Now that we use imunify I think i'll be removing the Wordpress 'click to login' thing I built.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gapper
  • @Francisco said:

@gapper said:

Should be good to go.

Now that we use imunify I think i'll be removing the Wordpress 'click to login' thing I built.

Francisco

Reseller plan in Las Vegas is still unavailable. Will it be refilled after the migration?

edited March 6

@noisycode said: Reseller plan in Las Vegas is still unavailable. Will it be refilled after the migration?

Yes :)

The current reseller plans will be restocked in all locations.

I guess a small poll: What country would you prefer for APAC?
    - SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco