Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough is enough - C1vhosting - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enough is enough - C1vhosting

Comments

• If I'm promised 90 day refund, I'd just chargeback at around 30 and run regardless of what TOS says. They're trying to exhaust the CB period. Not every place allow 120 days CB.

• LeviLevi Member

@woteti said:
    If I'm promised 90 day refund, I'd just chargeback at around 30 and run regardless of what TOS says. They're trying to exhaust the CB period. Not every place allow 120 days CB.

Not they, "he" or "she" or "it". One human project.

• edited February 16

@techdragon said: Even funnier is their Google Maps listing states "identifies as women-owned".

That's somehow true. His mom runs https://www.c1v.org/shop
    What's not true is his past pretending how long he's in business. He's not. His mom's unrelated company is.

• its obviously cashflow related

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 16

on a serious note c1v should have an excellent network by now.

they/he/her contracted 100gbps and it should be well active already.

• @jsg said:
    @c1vhosting

As you probably know I do not like or take part in witch hunts. So I'm assuming that you just missed my post - and repeat it:

That said, @c1vhosting how about clarifying that unnerving issue once and for all? Can you clearly state in what kind of a (technical) environment (DC, basement, apartment, ...) your equipment, in particular your servers, are operating - preferably with some evidence like e.g. some photos or documents?
    Also it might be helpful, although, at least for me, not of critical importance, if you would tell us, preferably with some evidence, whether those servers are owned by you/c1vhosting company or rented.

I'm with @jsg here.
    Personally, I have no problem with low standard dc's, I see no reason to ban people that host stuff in their basement. But, this is assuming that they are open and honest about it.
    I have repeatedly asked @c1vhosting about his datacenter and his allegedly "AI powered" cloud, but it seems impossible to get a straight answer to either question.
    I have not voted, but if I did, this alone might make me lean towards a ban. The standard of his dc is irrelevant, the refusal to honestly answer about it is the issue for me.

Thanked by 2RapToN jsg
  • loayloay Member

@cybertech said: they/he/her contracted 100gbps and it should be well active already.

Yeah, sure!

https://forum.fibra.click/d/22505-c1v-fiber-report/40

Thanked by 2maverick Shade
  • @loay said:

@cybertech said: they/he/her contracted 100gbps and it should be well active already.

Yeah, sure!

this is blasphemy!

@c1vhosting can you or your mom confirm this?

• At the bottom of
    it reads : Lo scopo del forum non è dare spazio ad ISP improvvisati e abbiamo quindi deciso, nell'interesse degli utenti, di sospendere a tempo indeterminato gli account che ci risultano riconducibili a "C1V di Cinzia Tocci".

• @Levi said:

@techdragon said:

@cavalry75 said:

@cmeerw said:

@cavalry75 said: For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3840017/#Comment_3840017

I have seen it, I have confirmed the very old flat that comes up in results indeed is their "state of the art" datacenter.

Even funnier is their Google Maps listing states "identifies as women-owned".

Will the real C1V please stand up?

Well, than it is easy to convert hosting to onlyfans?

OnlyHost.ing is still available xD

• @cybertech said: this is blasphemy!

That's hilarious. If I understood it correctly he had a contract for 1Gbps line, but connectivity only via one 4G mobile network 40 Mbps antenna?

• @Levi said:

@woteti said:
    If I'm promised 90 day refund, I'd just chargeback at around 30 and run regardless of what TOS says. They're trying to exhaust the CB period. Not every place allow 120 days CB.

Not they, "he" or "she" or "it". One human project.

Sheit contains all of the above. Sheit promises 90 days refund.

• @FranzVonVirMach said:

@cybertech said: this is blasphemy!

That's hilarious. If I understood it correctly he had a contract for 1Gbps line, but connectivity only via one 4G mobile network 40 Mbps antenna?

This can't be true because he recently offered 10GBps server here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3894405#Comment_3894405

And even hinted at possibility of 25Gbps or 100Gbps servers in the future.

• xvpsxvps Member

@maverick said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@cybertech said: this is blasphemy!

This can't be true because he recently offered 10GBps server here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3894405#Comment_3894405

And even hinted at possibility of 25Gbps or 100Gbps servers in the future.

The forum post is from August 2021. In other words, it's one of his many previous scams.

• actually if that post is really true, im more impressed than anything that his mom is so hands on!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @FranzVonVirMach said:

@techdragon said: Even funnier is their Google Maps listing states "identifies as women-owned".

That's somehow true. His mom runs https://www.c1v.org/shop
    What's not true is his past pretending how long he's in business. He's not. His mom's unrelated company is.

OMG that website looks like it's straight from the 90s. As a bug bounty hunter it screams forgiveness :D

@rcy026 said:

@jsg said:
    @c1vhosting

As you probably know I do not like or take part in witch hunts. So I'm assuming that you just missed my post - and repeat it:

That said, @c1vhosting how about clarifying that unnerving issue once and for all? Can you clearly state in what kind of a (technical) environment (DC, basement, apartment, ...) your equipment, in particular your servers, are operating - preferably with some evidence like e.g. some photos or documents?
    Also it might be helpful, although, at least for me, not of critical importance, if you would tell us, preferably with some evidence, whether those servers are owned by you/c1vhosting company or rented.

I'm with @jsg here.
    Personally, I have no problem with low standard dc's, I see no reason to ban people that host stuff in their basement. But, this is assuming that they are open and honest about it.
    I have repeatedly asked @c1vhosting about his datacenter and his allegedly "AI powered" cloud, but it seems impossible to get a straight answer to either question.
    I have not voted, but if I did, this alone might make me lean towards a ban. The standard of his dc is irrelevant, the refusal to honestly answer about it is the issue for me.

Is he still talking about "AI"? :joy:

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited February 16

What's next? "@c1vhosting is a descendant of Mussolini" (based on some personal story in some forum)?

What troubles me more - and is of relevance here - is that he twice ignored my (asked benevolently) question about providing evidence for his servers/router/etc. being in a halfway proper DC. Plus @rcy026's point that is whether c1vhosting tells the truth.
    Now that is, as in "during the past 3 months".

None of us is holy; people sometimes lie. I don't care whether he lied some years ago in the context of a regional operation unrelated to the matter here. It's not relevant, simple as that.
    What is relevant is whether c1vhosting is a one man show or a real company (albeit a small one), whether the products we are sold are running on maybe older but proper servers, properly maintained, and whether those servers are in a halfway proper DC or just in a private basement.

AFAIC I'm happy with my cheap storage VPS. It runs fine since almost 2 months (after some, partly major, hiccups at the beginning) - BUT: If enough people on LET don't trust a provider and/or have legitimate questions a provider should answer in a clear way and with some evidence.

Like rcy026 I don't care a whole lot whether a dirt-cheap server is run from a basement or from a proper tier-3 or 4 DC, I don't care whether the company is just the provider and two friends or whether it's a full blown 50+ people company - but I DO care about them not bullshitting us.

So, @c1vhosting how about finally - and honestly - clearing some of our major and repeatedly asked questions?

With a honest and trustworthy one man show out of a basement I can cope if their product/service works fine. With a provider again and again snaking about questions, ignoring them or presenting lies I can not.

Et voila, your final (afaic) chance to come clean. I hope - for you - that you use it.

• I can barely comprehend how much patience Luca is holding onto to give you all a $1 VPS.

Thanked by 1alfatarsos
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@jsg said: but I DO care about them not bullshitting us.

Your entire post is well said/written and I agree with you two as well.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @davide said:
    I can barely comprehend how much patience Luca is holding onto to give you all a $1 VPS.

What about his customers' patience?

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 16

@vitobotta said:

See the monologue allegory attached hereafter.

Vlad the Impaler, the customers demand justice!

Give your people his head on a pike!

• @davide said:

@vitobotta said:

Are you his boyfriend? You seem to defend his actions passionately

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@davide said: Vlad the Impaler

Oh , Romanian things ,

• emghemgh Member

@vitobotta said:

@davide said:

@vitobotta said:

Are you his boyfriend? You seem to defend his actions passionately

You think that’s what relationships are? :D

• LeviLevi Member

260+ votes, 58% would like to see c1v go away from let.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@Levi said:

You know you involucrated the Yes percentage by adding that third option.
    Most of the third option voters wouldn't have voted either of the other 2 options making Yes percentage look higher out of 100.

• LeviLevi Member

MS said:

@Levi said:

Most of the third option voters wouldn't have voted either of the other 2 options making Yes percentage look higher out of 100.

Third point is a buffer/filter to catch idiots. It is standard in polls and usually means "neutral position".

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@Levi said:

MS said:

@Levi said:

Third point is a buffer/filter to catch idiots.

:lol:

It is standard in polls and usually means "neutral position".

Fair enough.

• Im refunding all your payments to Linguine and pals.

Thanked by 1loay
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Since @deank is MIA, I will do the honors of saying it.

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 2techdragon tjn