Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough is enough - C1vhosting - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enough is enough - C1vhosting

Comments

• @TheGreatOakley said:

@yoursunny said:
    They are known scammers, according to Discord.

Screenshot_20240208-184549_1

Link to the discord?

Discord invite is ipv6

• LeviLevi Member

@cybertech said:

@cold said:
    @Levi just cancel your service with him like I did, and probably a lot of other LET/LES members

you got a refound?

In 90 days anything can happen.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Levi said:

@cybertech said:

@cold said:
    @Levi just cancel your service with him like I did, and probably a lot of other LET/LES members

you got a refound?

In 90 days anything can happen.

edit: in 90 anything can happen.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @cold said:

I don’t think it’s a Customer!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@ScreenReader said:
    this provider just..ugh. I noticed the redflag ever since their "vpn" service that I already paid in december 2023 doesn't even accessible (there's no way to download the config, and the product page says my VPN is Disabled). I've mailed them roughly a month ago but still no reply whatsoever, there are no tickets menu in the client area too which is meh. I decided to not pursue it as it's really not worth my time.

since this monday, 12th feb. I've been trying to pull out all of my data, and then I have to face the reality that the network can't push more than 40mbps for shit without disconnecting every one hour or so. it also got high cpu steals and high iowait as cherry on top.

seeing these thread in thursday, 15th feb 2024 is just uncanny.

In my mother tongue, there are three magic words that you have to use in most of situations. those are "sorry", "please", "thank you". it's just a basic human decency to use these words if you're favoring with others.
    so personally, seeing a provider doing a fuckup and then get called later on, when they show up there's not even "sorry" being said is just funny. if I were the OP, from my pov, I feels like don't even treated as a human being.

there are still more provider that willing to treat me with respect while they also capable of delivering better services. so nuff said, i'd rather move along than keep malding to use c1vhosting. have some respect for yourself, gentlemen.

@c1vhosting fix this.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ScreenReader said:
    I noticed the redflag ever since their "vpn" service that I already paid in december 2023 doesn't even accessible (there's no way to download the config, and the product page says my VPN is Disabled).

My VPN was working but it is broken today.
    Screenshot_20240215-081637

• @yoursunny said:

@ScreenReader said:
    I noticed the redflag ever since their "vpn" service that I already paid in december 2023 doesn't even accessible (there's no way to download the config, and the product page says my VPN is Disabled).

Screenshot_20240215-081637

Could very well be that it's located on the same host my VPS is on, which has been down for over an hour now... but, according to the website, everything in the network is working! Woohoo!

• coldcold Member

@c1vhosting said:

@cold said:

you don't think or you know for sure ?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 15

@yoursunny said:

@ScreenReader said:

have you even created a ticket? i mean email support manually

• @cold said:

@c1vhosting said:

@cold said:

Check again in 30 days

• @cybertech said:

@yoursunny said:

@ScreenReader said:

I did - once. All according to the "template" provided. Never got a reply. But ofcourse could have too high expectations of a ticket sent in in December 2023...

• @Calypso said:

@cybertech said:

@yoursunny said:

@ScreenReader said:

I did - once. All according to the "template" provided. Never got a reply. But ofcourse could have too high expectations of a ticket sent in in December 2023...

i guess thats the whole idea of this thread then!

• @Carlin0 said:

>

LET is not a democracy, but I think the administrators will consider the fact that LET's reputation is worth more than $200

Actually no, it's not.
    LET does not give a shit about it's reputation, it only cares about views, clicks and profit. LET could have the reputation of being the absolute worst place on earth, a stinking cesspool, and admins would not give a shit as long as it keeps generating hits.
    Quantity over quality, always.

• @Calypso said:

@cybertech said:

@yoursunny said:

@ScreenReader said:

What’s the ticket id you received from the automatic answering when contacting our support via email?

• @jsg said:

@Levi said:

@cmeerw said:

@cavalry75 said: For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3840017/#Comment_3840017

@jsg have you any comment about this?

No. I don't know their DC but in that very post you linked @c1vhosting confirmed that that is their DC. Besides there are other indicators as well suggesting that they do have a real DC; of what quality I don't know but presume it's neither utterly crappy nor tier4.

And I don't care. Even if it was a tier 2 DC, so what? (a) I've seen far worse, and (b) my server runs fine and its performance (now, after some hiccups at the beginning) is actually halfway decent, especially for the price.

What is even a DC

Power and connectivity seems stable, things didn't get on fire ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. There's a real Cogent upstream without some residential ISP in between a visible route. Based on the latency it's directly attached or very nearby. I honestly don't care if its a hobo shed or some concrete fancy building. Hope things get smoother, this is in nobodies interest. The amount of mud throwing seems inorganic.

Banning providers just removes diversity, there's already a lack of true low end providers. Those $50 E3 are the real scam shit

Thanked by 1jsg
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited February 15

@lowenduser1 said: Banning providers just removes diversity

There is no need to diversify to shitty providers. Bare minimum standards should exist. Fck that if one should transfer away data \@40Mbit unstable connection and wait for 90 days refund. Wtf is that?!

• @c1vhosting said:

What’s the ticket id you received from the automatic answering when contacting our support via email?

Never got one. Sent it 3 times. Checked the logs of my mailserver and it got the responses from your servers that the mail was accepted. And yes, checked spamboxes etc. Never got a reply - and checked spamfilters/boxes/etc.

But don't bother. Your service s*cks, too much downtime (again 2,5 hours today), you promise a lot ("we're working to get things better", "compensation for downtime") but never saw anything what you promised. Avoiding direct answers, etc etc.

• @Calypso said:

@c1vhosting said:

Never got one. Sent it 3 times. Checked the logs of my mailserver and it got the responses from your servers that the mail was accepted. And yes, checked spamboxes etc. Never got a reply - and checked spamfilters/boxes/etc.

But don't bother. Your service s*cks, too much downtime (again 2,5 hours today), you promise a lot ("we're working to get things better", "compensation for downtime") but never saw anything what you promised. Avoiding direct answers, etc etc.

don't worry, he's working on it. this is a one man show we are talking about here

• @Levi said:

@lowenduser1 said: Banning providers just removes diversity

There is no need to diversify to shitty providers. Bare minimum standards should exist. Fck that if one should transfer away data \@40Mbit unstable connection and wait for 90 days refund. Wtf is that?!

Probably an unlucky route. cogent->cogent saturates near gig.

Bare minimum standards should exist

Sure, lets start with those e-waste providers, or you know, pick your poison and decide on ones own.

• CalypsoCalypso Member
    edited February 15

@chakraxzz said:
    don't worry, he's working on it. this is a one man show we are talking about here

I know. Usually I have sympathy for hard working individuals trying to make a bussiness. But they have to be honest and do what they promise. And there should be progress. Neither I have found in this provider yet.

And the service I'm using doesn't cost the world and I've already put the task I had in mind for it somewhere else.

Anyway, it got back after 3 hours of downtime. Up to the next period of no response...

• @cold said:

@c1vhosting said:

@cold said:

Why are you asking questions like this?

The only thing I know for sure is that c1v does not think, according to what we consider thinking.

• @Calypso said:

@c1vhosting said:

Your downtime could be related to Cogent->NTT depeering.
    I’ve added USA routes to enable NTT traffic be passed

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@c1vhosting

As you probably know I do not like or take part in witch hunts. So I'm assuming that you just missed my post - and repeat it:

That said, @c1vhosting how about clarifying that unnerving issue once and for all? Can you clearly state in what kind of a (technical) environment (DC, basement, apartment, ...) your equipment, in particular your servers, are operating - preferably with some evidence like e.g. some photos or documents?
    Also it might be helpful, although, at least for me, not of critical importance, if you would tell us, preferably with some evidence, whether those servers are owned by you/c1vhosting company or rented.

Thanked by 2c1vhosting rcy026
  • @c1vhosting said:

To be honest: I don't care. Since acquiring the service there hasn't been a significant amount of uptime for the service. Everytime it's something different that you use as an excuse: power issues, DDoS attacks, and now peering issues. I can imagine that keeping stuff running can come with issues, however, we're not talking about little outages here, we're talking about hours or even days. And every time a different excuse.

I can only keep on warning other people about your sh*tty performance...

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@c1vhosting said:

@Calypso said:

VPN server is online again.
    The depeering story is a lie though.
    My residential connection is on AS701 that has direct peering with Cogent without going through NTT.

• @Calypso said:

@c1vhosting said:

To be honest: I don't care. Since acquiring the service there hasn't been a significant amount of uptime for the service. Everytime it's something different that you use as an excuse: power issues, DDoS attacks, and now peering issues. I can imagine that keeping stuff running can come with issues, however, we're not talking about little outages here, we're talking about hours or even days. And every time a different excuse.

How should this mean something?
    issues are different… if they are the same there’s an issue of the constant issue!

I can only keep on warning other people about your sh*tty performance...

Thank you

• @c1vhosting said:
    How should this mean something?
    issues are different… if they are the same there’s an issue of the constant issue!

You are right. There is one constant in it: you. And that's the issue. Also another constant: customers have downtime. Regardless of the cause, the result is the same: they experience sh*tty service.

I have dozens of VPS with almost as many providers, and I've never ever experienced this much downtime in such a relative short period of time. And I (still) have a few providers around that have very bad reputation.

But go ahead. Keep on saying "wait a little while", ignoring questions that you don't want to answer, and ignoring the bad experiences that people have with your service. Keep on telling other causes of outage. Keep on saying that people ware compensated for downtime while you don't provide it.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 3fatchan kait Zyra
  • techdragontechdragon Member
    edited February 15

@cavalry75 said:

@cmeerw said:

@cavalry75 said: For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

I have seen it, I have confirmed the very old flat that comes up in results indeed is their "state of the art" datacenter.

Even funnier is their Google Maps listing states "identifies as women-owned".

Will the real C1V please stand up?

• LeviLevi Member

@techdragon said:

@cavalry75 said:

@cmeerw said:

I have seen it, I have confirmed the very old flat that comes up in results indeed is their "state of the art" datacenter.

Even funnier is their Google Maps listing states "identifies as women-owned".

Will the real C1V please stand up?

Well, than it is easy to convert hosting to onlyfans?