Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough is enough - C1vhosting - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enough is enough - C1vhosting

1111213141517»

Comments

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@rcy026 said:
    but how the f**k do you find the right tab, and how do you remember what you have in all of them??

When I get involved in a project I'll be remoted into other systems with multiple browser windows open, with multiple tabs in each..

That is when I say "where the **ck did that tab go.. Which system was it even on..

Similar to my Notepad++ scratch list.. Which system and account was that in..

• @marian said:

I really appreciate 24/7 support, but there is no email / link / phone / postal address (maybe) in the announcement.

working now

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@totally_not_banned said:

Using a horizontal tab bar on some screen with a modern aspect ratio is simply masochistic unless you are very, very tidy in relation to open tabs.

Am I the only one that closes the browser when I'm done with whatever I'm doing? And then I mean actually closes the browser as in closes the last tab?

If I'm in the middle of something, I might temporarily top out at 10-15 open tabs, but when I'm done with a tab I close it. Whenever I leave the computer, I'm at 0. I would feel like I left in the middle of something if I still had opened tabs when I left.

• skorousskorous Member

@rcy026 said:

Am I the only one that closes the browser when I'm done with whatever I'm doing? And then I mean actually closes the browser as in closes the last tab?

Weirdo. ;-)

Thanked by 1kevinds
  • itssss up wooooooooohoooooo

back to 20% of vCore and 2 template YAAAAASSSS

• LeviLevi Member

Kinda long physical intervention. Usually it takes 15 minutes.

@rcy026 said: I would feel like I left in the middle of something if I still had opened tabs when I left.

It is rare when I don't leave in the middle of something.. I have many projects on the go, but even for single projects, gotta take breaks.

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@Levi said:
    Kinda long physical intervention. Usually it takes 15 minutes.

Not when you're gaming at your friends place, your mom doesn't answer the phone, and you have to go back by bike, but in the meantime you want to finish your game because that's more important than those pesky customers...

• @c1vhosting show me your bolognese

• edited March 20

@rcy026 said:

Using a horizontal tab bar on some screen with a modern aspect ratio is simply masochistic unless you are very, very tidy in relation to open tabs.

If I'm in the middle of something, I might temporarily top out at 10-15 open tabs, but when I'm done with a tab I close it. Whenever I leave the computer, I'm at 0. I would feel like I left in the middle of something if I still had opened tabs when I left.

I'm not sure if your the only one but it seems to become increasingly rare. Not that long ago personally i was at least in the if-you-have-more-than-5-tabs-open-you-are-doing-it-wrong camp but that slowly eroded over time. I still try to keep the amount of random stuff lingering unused to a minimum but i can't really say that i'm overly successful at it and actually closing the browser would just lead to me reopening it again and again (with little difference in general anyways as it's set to remember my tabs - in my opinion there's no point to reopen them for all the sites i read on a regular basis).

I guess it's some kind of modern day wastefulness and switching to a vertical tab bar is basically a declaration of defeat but in my opinion it's still better than losing any kind of overview/organization in general as that will just make the whole thing worse (you can't close tabs you don't even realize are there after all).

• I quit reading once I realized c1v is just replying with gpt4 prompts...

edited March 20

@totally_not_banned said: but it seems to become increasingly rare.

Holding Ctrl while clicking links is just so handy and useful.. haha

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 20

@c1vhosting

I have a physical server and the control panel has no information beyond the server address (that is expected since it is hosted in a premier data center).

I can not know if the server is up or powered down. For even basic thing such as to restart or check server status, it requires a ticket and that still should be ok, if the ticket is answered quickly (within two hours).

I am unable to reach my server by RDP for days now and I opened a ticket yesterday.

Can you please share the ETA for such tickets especially if control panel has no control options?

Thank you for your time

PS - Even Service ID is missing from the control panel that is needed for email based premium ticketing system

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@kevinds said:

@totally_not_banned said: but it seems to become increasingly rare.

Holding Ctrl while clicking links is just so handy and useful.. haha

Of course, I do that all the time but I also close the tab once I'm done with it. Every time I visit LET I go trough the first page and ctrl+click every topic that I find interesting. This give me 10-15 tabs with interesting topics, I read trough each one and close them when I'm done. I just cant wrap my head around why people keep tabs open when they are done with them?

I have no problems with tabs, it's a wonderful feature and I use it all the time, it's the hundreds or even thousands of open tabs I don't get. Why keep them open if you do not use them?

Very off topic but this fascinates me, maybe I should start a thread about it. :smile:

@rcy026 said: I just cant wrap my head around why people keep tabs open when they are done with them?

I too close tabs when I am done with them, but the tabs I have open, which are sometimes in the dozens, I am not done with..

I agree, this is very off-topic though, I'm going to drop this topic now, in this thread anyways. ;)

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 20

@dev_vps said:
    @c1vhosting

I have a physical server and the control panel has no information beyond the server address (that is expected since it is hosted in a premier data center).

I can not know if the server is up or powered down. For even basic thing such as to restart or check server status, it requires a ticket and that still should be ok, if the ticket is answered quickly (within two hours).

I am unable to reach my server by RDP for days now and I opened a ticket yesterday.

Can you please share the ETA for such tickets especially if control panel has no control options?

Thank you for your time

PS - Even Service ID is missing from the control panel that is needed for email based premium ticketing system

After 16 hours of opening the ticket, I have received the update.

we are checking on it.

The 16 hours is a long time, considering that control panel does not have even basic functionality of checking server status and restart/reboot the server.

This is the lack of professionalism, #1 reason for cancelling my service.

• CalypsoCalypso Member

@dev_vps said:
    After 16 hours of opening the ticket, I have received the update.

The 16 hours is a long time, considering that control panel does not have even basic functionality of checking server status and restart/reboot the server.

This is the lack of professionalism, #1 reason for cancelling my service.

At least you got a response. More than quite a bunch of other customers.

• @c1vhosting Iam still waiting !

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    @c1vhosting Iam still waiting !

He is busy cleaning up his place, moving tables and couch. Aligning server cabinets and removing anything that isn't supposed to be in a Data Center. Pictures and video coming remember?

Thanked by 2Mumbly xvps
  • @Maelstrom36 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

He is busy cleaning up his place, moving tables and couch. Aligning server cabinets and removing anything that isn't supposed to be in a Data Center. Pictures and video coming remember?

I know 🤣

• edited March 20

@Maelstrom36 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

What you mean by "Couches, bongs and blowup dolls are not technical equipment!"???

• @totally_not_banned said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

What you mean by "Couches, bongs and blowup dolls are not technical equipment!"???

but more necessary tools :p

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

but more necessary tools :p

I guess that kind of explains why customer privacy is such an issue for them.

• @c1vhosting bad reputation, bad servers

Thanked by 1Carlin0