Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough is enough - C1vhosting - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enough is enough - C1vhosting

Comments

• cavalry75cavalry75 Member
    edited February 14

@Maelstrom36 said:

I have no issues with providers advertising basement datacenters and being honest, what I have a problem with is advertising basement datacenter as "state of the art" and refusing to share any evidence to back it up. For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • Shoot for illegally collecting taxes outside the country. As Comrade Stalin willed.

• @cavalry75 said: For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3840017/#Comment_3840017

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • LeviLevi Member

@cmeerw said:

@cavalry75 said: For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

@jsg have you any comment about this?

• @cmeerw said:

@cavalry75 said: For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

I have seen it, I have confirmed the very old flat that comes up in results indeed is their "state of the art" datacenter.

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 14

@cavalry75 said:
    For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

There is still some paint attached to the walls at least, credit where credit is due...
    The proper commie block apartments are all gray and stained by the smog for a more authentic feeling. They rapidly cure any excess happiness of their dwellers to a more sober chronic depression.

• LeviLevi Member

@davide said:

@cavalry75 said:
    For all I know C1V is located in a residental flat built by communists.

There is still some paint attached to the walls at least, credit where credit is due...
    The proper commie block apartments are all gray and stained by the smog.

A smog from cigarettes or pizza ovens?

• @alfatarsos said:
    This attitude you're having is absolutely amazing. In fact, is anyone actually forgetting providers do pay to be here?

100 euros per 6 months?

With this kind of attitude, what do you think you're getting? More offers? You're doing "justice", whatever that means?

No.

You, and all users that directly participate in these actions, are simply sending a direct message to any provider: it's not worth it to advertise at LowEndTalk. Why? Because the provider spends money just to have its reputation potentially ruined, short-term, by some random angry customer, whereas on other forums and areas this simply doesn't happen.

This is bad for everyone - users, providers and the forum itself if it even remotely wants to make some money.

Meanwhile Dustinc is effectively convicted and still keeps doing offers here like there's no tomorrow.

Fix your mindset, no sane provider will want to advertise here if this attitude keeps rolling like that. And for the love of God, stop doing duplicate posts, that is just desperate. Ditto.

Does this mean that if he pays he can make fun of his customers? LET is a community that inspires me with confidence, I don't think that the policy of the community is "you pay and you pay this way". NO such specimens are not accepted.
    And it's not just one angry customer, there are more.

• @pedala said: Does this mean that if he pays he can make fun of his customers?

Around here generally the answer is yes. Flip side is members get to make fun of providers and there is no need to pay.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@FrankZ said: Around here generally the answer is yes. Flip side is members get to make fun of providers and there is no need to pay.

>

This it's the charm of LowEndTalk universe

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Levi said:

@cmeerw said:

No. I don't know their DC but in that very post you linked @c1vhosting confirmed that that is their DC. Besides there are other indicators as well suggesting that they do have a real DC; of what quality I don't know but presume it's neither utterly crappy nor tier4.

And I don't care. Even if it was a tier 2 DC, so what? (a) I've seen far worse, and (b) my server runs fine and its performance (now, after some hiccups at the beginning) is actually halfway decent, especially for the price.

• LeviLevi Member

@jsg said:

@Levi said:

@cmeerw said:

No. I don't know their DC but in that very post you linked @c1vhosting confirmed that that is their DC. Besides there are other indicators as well suggesting that they do have a real DC; of what quality I don't know but presume it's neither utterly crappy nor tier4.

And I don't care. Even if it was a tier 2 DC, so what? (a) I've seen far worse, and (b) my server runs fine and its performance (now, after some hiccups at the beginning) is actually halfway decent, especially for the price.

Well, it seems someone physically confirmed that building is just regular apartment. c1v does not opose to that either. But yea, who carres, servers are servers no matter where.

• I voted no. I've had a 4GB VPS with c1vhosting for a couple of months and the service has been much better than what I expected from reading LE reviews. I run an inbound mail server and secondary DNS server on the VPS and the network and reliability has been better than some other well known providers I use.

The O/S templates available are limited, but asking support to add a netboot.xyz iso solved that issue. Support has been fast and friendly. They have both IPv4 and IPv6, both work well, and transfer speed is good based on my monitoring.
    Network speed checks show an average speed over the last 48 hours of 462Mb/s out, 606 Mb/s in, with 0% packet loss.
    Disk speed check over last 48 hours shows an average disk speed of 740MBs read, 707MBs write.
    Average CPU steal has been 2.55%, although under 90% load I can see 25-35% steal rates.

I also expect that banning a provider from a major market source (LET) without confirmed justifiable cause does not do any good for current customers and would only ensure that the the provider dead pools leaving customers hanging out to dry.
    Just my 2 cents.

• @Levi said:
    90 votes in, 65% of users would like to ban c1v due to very low standards and shady practice.

Summoning @Arkas , @DP to kindly watch this thread.

24% of users would like to fck.

• LeviLevi Member

@shruub said:

@Levi said:
    90 votes in, 65% of users would like to ban c1v due to very low standards and shady practice.

Actually ~28%. It is completelly normal and expected. People have to vent out their anger somehow.

• @FrankZ said:
    Just my 2 cents.

2 cents, or 1 year of c1v vpn!

(not sponsored, but please gib me money Luca)

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @Levi said:

@shruub said:

@Levi said:

Actually ~28%. It is completelly normal and expected. People have to vent out their anger somehow.

Whoops, but yeah.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Levi said:

@jsg said:

@Levi said:

@cmeerw said:

Well, it seems someone physically confirmed that building is just regular apartment. c1v does not opose to that either. But yea, who carres, servers are servers no matter where.

I emphasized the operative word.

That said, @c1vhosting how about clarifying that unnerving issue once and for all? Can you clearly state in what kind of a (technical) environment (DC, basement, apartment, ...) your equipment, in particular your servers, are operating - preferably with some evidence like e.g. some photos or documents?
    Also it might be helpful, although, at least for me, not of critical importance, if you would tell us, preferably with some evidence, whether those servers are owned by you/c1vhosting company or rented.

• LeviLevi Member

@FrankZ said:
    I voted no. I've had a 4GB VPS with c1vhosting for a couple of months and the service has been much better than what I expected from reading LE reviews. I run an inbound mail server and secondary DNS server on the VPS and the network and reliability has been better than some other well known providers I use.

The O/S templates available are limited, but asking support to add a netboot.xyz iso solved that issue. Support has been fast and friendly. They have both IPv4 and IPv6, both work well, and transfer speed is good based on my monitoring.
    Network speed checks show an average speed over the last 48 hours of 462Mb/s out, 606 Mb/s in, with 0% packet loss.
    Disk speed check over last 48 hours shows an average disk speed of 740MBs read, 707MBs write.
    Average CPU steal has been 2.55%, although under 90% load I can see 25-35% steal rates.

I also expect that banning a provider from a major market source (LET) without confirmed justifiable cause does not do any good for current customers and would only ensure that the the provider dead pools leaving customers hanging out to dry.
    Just my 2 cents.

So specs and price is above all? There can be no respect towards customer, fake advertisement, unreasonable refund policies?

• @shruub said:

@FrankZ said:
    Just my 2 cents.

2 cents, or 1 year of c1v vpn!

(not sponsored, but please gib me money Luca)

Should I consider your comment as calling me a paid shill ?

If so, I would respond that I purchased and paid for my VPS via a regular offer thread and c1vhosting does not know that it is me. I intentionally purchased the VPS on the qt as a regular user because of the negative feedback concerning this provider in relation to my work on the OGF.

Just because you don't get the answer you want, doesn't mean that my comment is not valid.

• @FrankZ said:

Nope. Not at all, it's nice that your interpretation went as far as actually responding with a very vaild reason and

Just because you don't get the answer you want, doesn't mean that my comment is not valid.

also fronting me for no particular reason. It was just a reference to c1v's cheap prices in general, especially for the vpn which I have bought myself some time ago.

• Thanked by 1Svensken
  • @Levi said:

@FrankZ said:
    I voted no. I've had a 4GB VPS with c1vhosting for a couple of months and the service has been much better than what I expected from reading LE reviews. I run an inbound mail server and secondary DNS server on the VPS and the network and reliability has been better than some other well known providers I use.

Just my 2 cents.

So specs and price is above all? There can be no respect towards customer, fake advertisement, unreasonable refund policies?

Well yea, specs and price do matter, but if it was bad I would say it was bad. I have not had any disrespect shown to me by Luca in my one to one dealing with him and I have received the product that I purchased.

Others may have different experiences, I can only say what I have experienced. I am not trying to invalidate other opinions, just offering my own.

• @shruub said:

@FrankZ said:

Nope. Not at all, it's nice that your interpretation went as far as actually responding with a very vaild reason and

also fronting me for no particular reason. It was just a reference to c1v's cheap prices in general, especially for the vpn which I have bought myself some time ago.

If I took your comment the wrong way, I apologize.

Thanked by 2PineappleM Svensken
  • @FrankZ said:

@shruub said:

@FrankZ said:

If I took your comment the wrong way, I apologize.

No problem, I overreacted as well.

• @FrankZ , everyone complains minus you, don't you wonder if he gave you special treatment because of your position in LES ?

Thanked by 1shruub
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 14

@Carlin0 said:
    @FrankZ , everyone complains minus you, don't you wonder if he gave you special treatment because of your position in LES ?

I'm not the only one. :smile: But I agree, there is a lot more against than for, in this thread.

When evaluating providers I don't let them know that I am doing it. I agree it would be pointless if the provider knew that it was me. I purchased from a regular offer thread, and paid by anonymous means. As I have never mentioned this on the OGF, I expect that the provider didn't even know I was a client until I posted the above.

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • loayloay Member

@FrankZ said:

@Carlin0 said:
    @FrankZ , everyone complains minus you, don't you wonder if he gave you special treatment because of your position in LES ?

I'm not the only one. :smile:

When evaluating providers I don't let them know that I am doing it. I agree it would be pointless if the provider knew that it was me. I purchased from a regular offer thread, and paid by anonymous means. As I have never mentioned this on the OGF, I expect that the provider didn't even know I was a client until I posted the above.

I was scammed by them from an offer on LES, not that much money to care about and open a drama thread but I was waiting for this poll. They should be banned.

This is not your first time posting a comment praising c1v. I will delete my account on LES for sure.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jsg said:
    Who the f_ck is 'CrimsonProto'?

It's @PeterP .

Thanked by 1jsg
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 15

@loay said:

@FrankZ said:

@Carlin0 said:

I'm not the only one. :smile:

I was scammed by them from an offer on LES, not that much money to care about and open a drama thread but I was waiting for this poll. They should be banned.

This is not your first time posting a comment praising c1v. I will delete my account on LES for sure.

That was VirMach you heard me praising on the OGF. :wink: