Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

Comments

• @FlorinMarian said:
    UPDATE: Today I will receive the new contract that I will sign and tomorrow the implementation should take place.

I'm sure you already aware, but something to ensure if you haven't.

Ensure that Orange takes priority over RCS-RDS, as only Orange will have the DDoS Mitigation so you'd still be able to receive DDoS Traffic via RCS-RDS (depending on which route the DDoS Traffic takes). This is also depends on Oranges implementation of Arbor, whether it will be in-line (locally), or whether they'll hijack the IP announcements via outsourced scrubbing centers.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian adly
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@dbContext said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    UPDATE: Today I will receive the new contract that I will sign and tomorrow the implementation should take place.

Ensure that Orange takes priority over RCS-RDS, as only Orange will have the DDoS Mitigation so you'd still be able to receive DDoS Traffic via RCS-RDS (depending on which route the DDoS Traffic takes). This is also depends on Oranges implementation of Arbor, whether it will be in-line (locally), or whether they'll hijack the IP announcements via outsourced scrubbing centers.

Hey!
    We have always active a prepend rule for RCS&RDS to be less priority for INBOUND traffic and anyway they have 150Mbps international, the 850Mbps burst being only for traffic from Romania.

Thanked by 1dbContext
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@dbContext said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Hey!
    We have always active a prepend rule for RCS&RDS to be less priority for INBOUND traffic and anyway they have 150Mbps international, the 850Mbps burst being only for traffic from Romania.

Good stuff.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian

• More Orange stuff you're going to feel obligated to not question the performance of! :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 1Calin

@lewellyn said:

More Orange stuff you're going to feel obligated to not question the performance of! :sweat_smile:

Given that I was able to rectify the contract to protect my company from too much debt if it does not perform as expected, time will tell if it was a good decision or not.
    Personally, I am confident in this solution and if it proves to be effective, future customers will get better service.

Maybe if I hadn't gone through this difficulty I would have had the impression that if I had rented servers from competitors for reselling from the beginning (I exclude colocation because the old DC had a lot of false-positives on UDP and other datacenters were too expensive) I would have gained more but offering my active customers the alternative to migrate to OVH and they refused and rather wanted to return to normal in Romania showed me clearly that for that location without too many guarantees but unique made them become my customers.

As one hater said here "who to get servers from OVH for, as nobody wants them?", apparently he was right.

After I get past this stage I will be forced to come up with a more diversified portfolio and new investments that will bring back my profitability margin as the AntiDDoS solution costs a lot.

• The daily drama is coming to an end it seems 🥲

Stay tuned for season 2

Thanked by 2Calin host_c
  • emghemgh Member

IM VOTING HAZI FOR TOP PROVIDER, ALL CATEGORIES

ESPECIALLY MOST RELIABLE

IF WE MAKE HAZI #1, I’LL DO SOMETHING FUN (MAYBE BUY A VPS FROM THEM)

• emghemgh Member

Why would nobody want OVH?

@emgh said:

I didn't manage to find out.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@emgh said:

Maybe because we can order directly from them and get support?

@Wicked said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@emgh said:

Maybe because we can order directly from them and get support?

Proof that I was misunderstood, probably through my own fault.

What I'm selling you can't buy directly from OVH:

• VPS with 10Gbps bandwidth starting with 15EUR/month
    • VPS with AMD Ryzen and OVH Game protection starting with 5 EUR/month
    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • edited January 16

@emgh said:

ESPECIALLY MOST RELIABLE

SECONDED.

HAZI ON TOP!!

Thanked by 3yoursunny emgh host_c
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@totally_not_banned said:

@emgh said:

ESPECIALLY MOST RELIABLE

SECONDED.

HAZI ON TOP!!

If Hazi ends in top 3, I'll do 1 squat per vote.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited January 16

@FlorinMarian said:

@Wicked said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Maybe send an email to your poor clients.

I was faster than you this time :smiley:

Why not just send it only to those people who have active services ?

@jmaxwell said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Wicked said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Why not remind everyone else that they still have an account and can make a new purchase if they dare?

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • @jmaxwell said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Wicked said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Don’t ruin the free entertainment. I’ve already cancelled my Netflix subscription.

• VoidVoid Member

@Wicked said:

@jmaxwell said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Wicked said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Don’t ruin the free entertainment. I’ve already cancelled my Netflix subscription.

Oh I’m sure it will continue. The skid must be reading the thread and getting ready for round II of drama.

• LeviLevi Member

@allthemtings said: The daily drama is coming to an end it seems

Doubt it. Arbor must be properly configured. Since our clueless admin lacks knowledge in this area - drama will continue until he RTFM's properly.

Thanked by 1cybertech

@Levi said:

Doubt it. Arbor must be properly configured. Since our clueless admin lacks knowledge in this area - drama will continue until he RTFM's properly.

Arbor is configured by Orange.
    Every change requires opening a case, paying a fee, and waiting 15 days.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@yoursunny said:

@Levi said:

Only 15?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned

@yoursunny said:

@Levi said:

Fixed.

• HAZI ON TOP!!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

Too few votes for HAZI, we need to step it up

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • edited January 16

@tentor said:
    Too few votes for HAZI, we need to step it up

Yeah, the basement provider poll was a huge disappointment. Maybe someone should make a post on nodeseek saying that if you join LET and vote for HAZI you are going to get might win a free dedi for a year.

Thanked by 1emgh

Hey!
    There are so many things to say I don't even know where to start :)
    Maybe with the beginning?
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart:

• To everyone who has been so patient. We're talking about both my clients and those who get annoyed reading the lines between me and my loyal haters;
    • To everyone who wanted to help me without showing off their ego by doing so;
    • To all those who believed in me and my crazy plans. The fact that I lost less than 20% of my customers with a 14-day downtime says a lot about the relationship between me and my customers (over 75% of them pay monthly, so they could have easily looked for another provider);
    • The attacker because he woke me up from the illusion that you can run a business with hundreds of customers without more than local DDoS protection;
    • The people dear to me who understood me and during this time when mentally let's just say I wasn't at my best.

What has changed?
    1. Mentality. After failing to satisfy my customers and succeeding in getting the most important missing piece of the puzzle, Anti-DDoS protection, I can no longer settle for the status of a small provider keeping costs to a minimum. Given that my monthly costs have now increased by 50%, my profitability rate is zero, but I see the bright side, which is that even with an empty rack and a full rack I will still have the same monthly bill for essential expenses. So soon I will be able to rent dedicated servers as well, not just VPS. Until now I couldn't do that because the DDoS protection signature was implemented at the proxmox host level.
    2. The way I relate to the rest of you in this community. I am already starting to repeat this but I am NOT arrogant so much as I seem so because of my temperament, being reproached in real life for this arrogance but when I get to discuss it in depth with people who reproach me, I realize that I do not find myself in what I sometimes convey.
    3. Whatever I do, not everyone can love me. Leaving aside the people who really hate me in this community, there are some who hate me for no reason. The easiest example to think of is that well-meaning people like SillyGoose tried to help me implement local Anti-DDoS protection and showed me that hate exists anyway:

• You do nothing? I hate you for doing nothing!
    • You do something on your own? I hate you for not listening to other people's opinions!
    • You do something with the help of others but which is in contradiction with other people's opinions? I hate you for that!
    • You do what "others" have told you that is in contradiction to the above? I hate you because you don't understand that it's useless to do this, nobody wants your services anymore!

Draw your own conclusions, my friends!

• I've had time to write all this while waiting for the technical team to get on with deploying the solution through Arbor, at Edge level.
    Thanked by 2host_c yoursunny
  • LeviLevi Member

I'am happy for you florin, really happy. The good ending to the drama. I never recall that happening in this forum.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited January 18

@FlorinMarian said:
    Blah, blah, blah...

I really hope you got a 30-day anytime cancel for Orange's Arbor solution... otherwise, I can predict the new thread: "HAZI.ro - Anti-DDoS not good. Any suggestion to help with downtime?".

I see you brag here about your accomplishments and how you achieved X and Y, while an old Romanian saying comes in my mind: "Nu zi hop pan' nu sari gardu'!".

• Provider of the century

Thanked by 2Andreix hyena56
  • @Wicked said:
    Provider of the century

Millenium.

• HAZI ON TOP!!

Thanked by 1host_c