Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Good evening, friends!

As you know, for some time I have been seeding the upgrade with Orange from 1Gbps to 2Gbps dedicated, having in total 3Gbps through the two ISPs.

I've just been called and notified that tomorrow the deployment will be done and this will involve changing the switch I have both in the rack and they have at the site 10km away.

I find it strange that they will even change the switch they installed in my rack as it has 10Gbps capabilities via SFP+ but I can only be glad, being convinced that the equipment they will replace will be more capable than the current one.

The operation will take a few hours (minimum one, maximum 4), during which time we will be left with only 150Mbps dedicated, 1Gbps best-effort through RCS-RDS.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience but hope you understand that for the same money you will get better service.

All the best, Florin.

Comments

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@tentor said:
    Why do you use LET and not sending email to the directly impacted customers?

Many accounts use temporary emails.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

If they do really use temporary email addresses and not unique alias, I don't think they really care at all

• @tentor said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

If they do really use temporary email addresses and not unique alias, I don't think they really care at all

Have you not heard? LET is rebranding to a status system…

• remyremy Member

How much does a dedicated 2Gbps line cost in Romania, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanked by 1nezam05
  • KrisKris Member
    edited January 4

@FlorinMarian said: Many accounts use temporary emails.

So, BAU?

Weren't high priced VPS' supposed to curb these customers and abuse? Or do disposable email addresses not always equate to abusive customers?

Probably something that should go out to paying customers IMO.

@remy said:
    How much does a dedicated 2Gbps line cost in Romania, if you don't mind my asking?

Having a signed contract with Orange, the price is confidential but I can tell you that I asked for an offer from RCS&RDS and they charge 300 incl. VAT for 900Mbps guaranteed or 3000 EUR/mo incl. VAT for 10Gbps, with the possibility to pay minimum 900Mbps guaranteed and 95th percentile at the end of the month.

• LeviLevi Member

Getting every last drop of that marketing lessons. Good. At least p-daddy thread is pushed down.

Thanked by 2stefeman shelfchair
  • Since hazi.ro is down now and LEB seems to be where announcements are made, my VPS can't connect. Not sure if its related to this expected downtime but yikes

@paroxsitic said:
    Since hazi.ro is down now and LEB seems to be where announcements are made, my VPS can't connect. Not sure if its related to this expected downtime but yikes

Try now.
    We had some spikes at network level last hour but whole infra was up and running.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@paroxsitic said:
    Since hazi.ro is down now and LEB seems to be where announcements are made, my VPS can't connect. Not sure if its related to this expected downtime but yikes

Try now.
    We had some spikes at network level last hour but whole infra was up and running.

Nope, still having a lot of issues

• @FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

Do you also send out welcome mails and invoices through DM? It would make perfect sense if you did.

Thanked by 2thane inthecloudblog
  • tentortentor Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 4

@Maelstrom36 said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

Do you also send out welcome mails and invoices through DM? It would make perfect sense if you did.

How would he? His clients are anonymous!

Thanked by 1Maelstrom36
  • @tentor said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

How would he? His clients are anonymous!

Point taken. You've got me there.

• KrisKris Member

Romanian Providers:

1) We charge higher pricing for basement VPS with residential speeds to avoid abusive customers.

Also Romanian Providers:

2) We use LET for maintenance because most active client emails are throwaways.

wut?

Thanked by 1Void

@Kris said:
    Romanian Providers:

1) We charge higher pricing for basement VPS with residential speeds to avoid abusive customers.

Also Romanian Providers:

2) We use LET for maintenance because most active client emails are throwaways.

wut?

You can't equate anonymity with abuse.
    Contrary to your expectations, the abuses come mostly from those who benefit from the shallowness of PayPal who give back the money as if it were their own.
    If you don't believe me, open your own hosting company, terminate a VPS for serious abuse and then win against all the lawsuits opened by the customers at PayPal.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • KrisKris Member

@FlorinMarian said: If you don't believe me, open your own hosting company, terminate a VPS for serious abuse and then win against all the lawsuits opened by the customers at PayPal.

Been there, done that in high school. Hell I was even in a PC World article about PayPal and their issues (debit system was down 5 days) but I never saw Paypal customers as issues.

In my days, you responded with proof of delivery and let them know it was an 'intangible product - virtual delivery' and the dispute was closed in our favor every time.

It's not hard, but you target a different crowd than I did with shared hosting circa 2002-2005. Might be different policies nowadays, but I already did that almost two decades ago.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by equating anyone using Paypal to abuse, while anonymous emails don't mean a thing.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited January 4

@Kris said:

@FlorinMarian said: If you don't believe me, open your own hosting company, terminate a VPS for serious abuse and then win against all the lawsuits opened by the customers at PayPal.

Been there, done that in high school. Hell I was even in a PC World article about PayPal and their issues (debit system was down 5 days) but I never saw Paypal customers as issues.

In my days, you responded with proof of delivery and let them know it was an 'intangible product - virtual delivery' and the dispute was closed in our favor every time.

It's not hard, but you target a different crowd than I did with shared hosting circa 2002-2005. Might be different policies nowadays, but I already did that almost two decades ago.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by equating anyone using Paypal to abuse, while anonymous emails don't mean a thing.

I guess that supermen those days can't really make a difference between a lawsuit and a dispute...
    or, anonymous customers and lawfulness...

• WickedWicked Member

Why don’t you use this? https://www.hazi.ro/announcements

• @FlorinMarian said:

@tentor said:

Okay - but still, for the users that do use real information, important announcements (maintenance, etc.) should still be sent out by email.

How much bad luck do I have that I have problems with the exact ISP I'm going to upgrade your service to?
    I have just opened an incident with them, waiting for them to identify and resolve the problem.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

>

Should still send a direct email... I have to come on here to see the outage.

• Any update? still waiting for for VPS to be accessible

• thanethane Member

@paroxsitic said:
    Any update? still waiting for for VPS to be accessible

Thanks for the feedback. Your wait time has been doubled.

Thanked by 2dufu t0m
    edited January 5

@lonea said:

>

Should still send a direct email... I have to come on here to see the outage.

Dear customers,
    In the last 12 hours the entire infrastructure in Romania is facing a DDoS attack that both our filters and the ISP's infrastructure are failing to mitigate.
    Today, 5 January 2024, a maintenance is scheduled for the afternoon to double the capacity of the Internet connection but now the focus is on mitigating this attack.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused but we assure you we are working on it!
    Thanks for your patience!

What happens is that I see traffic on the servers below 10Mbps while Orange sees 100% traffic used on their switch port.
    With so many legitimate connections failing due to dropped packets, it's not easy to figure out what attack vector is being used.
    I'll come back with updates when I have them.

Traffic snapshot (pbs => backups via separate VLAN):

• emghemgh Member

Home router is facing extraordinary victimization

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@emgh said:
    Home router is facing extraordinary victimization

Not home router at all https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-4948e-ethernet-switch/data_sheet_c78-598933.html

• emghemgh Member

Well it is a router that is in a home

Thanked by 3adly Erisa Warkos
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited January 5

Not a router at all tbh...
    But again... Router/switch... Lawsuit/dispute... Meh, who cares?!

@Andreix said:
    Not a router at all tbh...
    But again... Router/switch... Lawsuit/dispute... Meh, who cares?!

I know that it's not a router but is a Layer2/3 switch.
    It's capable to run our hosting infra.

Thanks anyway:)