Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

Comments

• edited January 6

@Kris said:
    Feel bad for customers at the end of the day who actually believed this was worth more than the $5/year I gave a host in a similar region.

Well, $5/y is a bit exaggerated but i think you know this anyways. The way i see it is that he needs to somehow capitalize on being the boss of the DC. Just offering basic service like everyone else does is probably not going to cut it. I mean, it might function as a cost cutting measure but (without having seen any actual numbers) i would guess that it probably needs a certain scale for that to really work out.

• @FlorinMarian said:
    cheaper to lose all my clients who don't understand that this type of situation cannot be prevented with the budgets that both they and we have, than to charge my monthly bill with another 700$.

lol that's why no PayPal.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@cybertech said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    cheaper to lose all my clients who don't understand that this type of situation cannot be prevented with the budgets that both they and we have, than to charge my monthly bill with another 700$.

Do you want to tell me that it would be a correct approach on the part of the customers when they pass the refund period to DDoS themselves for that refund?
    Or wait, all clients are good, they wouldn't do such a thing.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited January 6

@LeroyJ said: if he will not do anything and just quit, it will be treated as exit scam.

cociu time? :D

• Can you tell where this ddos is happening? More precisely on a which ip or client? If it's happening with a client. Just start to null route ips if you cannot add ddos protection.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 6

@FlorinMarian said:

@cybertech said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Do you want to tell me that it would be a correct approach on the part of the customers when they pass the refund period to DDoS themselves for that refund?

sir, I have no further comments as it is clear to me by now where this is headed.

thanks for your reply anyway 🙂

• @LeroyJ said:
    So, business goes down the drain? Can we hazi.rip ? Any skid or competitor can down you. And attacks are not even that expensive. 5Gbps -15Gbs can be launched from any casual "booter" for a few hundred bucks.

You can launch tbps for attacks for that amount of money. Atleast what I've seen in researching DDoS.

@SillyGoose said:
    Can you tell where this ddos is happening? More precisely on a which ip or client? If it's happening with a client. Just start to null route ips if you cannot add ddos protection.

Both the source of the attacks and their destination include random IPs and ports.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@SillyGoose said:
    Can you tell where this ddos is happening? More precisely on a which ip or client? If it's happening with a client. Just start to null route ips if you cannot add ddos protection.

Both the source of the attacks and their destination include random IPs and ports.

So they are attacking your subnet?

@SillyGoose said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SillyGoose said:

Exactly, from the beginning till now.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@SillyGoose said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SillyGoose said:

Exactly, from the beginning till now.

You got discord or telegram?

Send me any and I'll help you out.

Thanked by 1amaeva080
  • @FlorinMarian said: Do you want to tell me that it would be a correct approach on the part of the customers when they pass the refund period to DDoS themselves for that refund?

This sounds like you either know who's doing this (in which case, name and shame them), or you don't, in which case, stop with the arrogance, put your superiority complex on a leash, and find a solution to fix your network.

• @FlorinMarian said:
    It is quite difficult to filter these packets because many legitimate packets arrive late or get lost and if I tackled the problem as I did yesterday by blocking the abusive IP address for an hour, I would end up blocking the entire internet.

Where would you block them anyways? A soon as they reach your network it's to late as they'll saturate your link whenever you drop them or not.

I will not take protection from path.net or something similar to protect my location in Romania.

It's cheaper to move everything to OVH and reduce my costs at home until things calm down, even if I paid for the internet subscriptions with the guaranteed band for nothing.

Also, after solving the situation, it's cheaper to lose all my clients who don't understand that this type of situation cannot be prevented with the budgets that both they and we have, than to charge my monthly bill with another 700$.

With all due respect that's literally insane. An attack of that size is so extremely easy to launch that you (or rather your clients) are fully at the mercy of whoever is running the attack and all hopes are in them getting bored, which is - considering they'll get to have juicy LET drama threads - not all that certain.

Thanked by 3Kris emgh adly
  • xrzxrz Member

@totally_not_banned said: considering they'll get to have juicy LET drama threads

🍿 popcorn time :D

• VoidVoid Member

@xrz said:

@LeroyJ said: if he will not do anything and just quit, it will be treated as exit scam.

cociu time? :D

Unlike cociu, Florin will exit gracefully (blaming it all on ddos)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • xrzxrz Member

@jmaxwell said: blaming it all on ddos

oh thats the plan

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 6

@FlorinMarian said: Do you want to tell me that it would be a correct approach on the part of the customers when they pass the refund period to DDoS themselves for that refund?

No no no, DDoSing yourself is only allowed by providers once they're ready to throw in the towel and resell Hetzner and OVH once BYOIP is setup.

Bruh, no one DDoS'd you for a refund. Few threads ago it was the suspicious ticket, now you've got an idea of who it is for a refund.

Next it'll be @yoursunny for lack of IPv6 only network.

Good luck at OVH.

PS: I am disappoint.

@Kris said:

@FlorinMarian said: Do you want to tell me that it would be a correct approach on the part of the customers when they pass the refund period to DDoS themselves for that refund?

No no no, DDoSing yourself is only allowed by providers once they're ready to throw in the towel and resell Hetzner and OVH once BYOIP is setup.

Bruh, no one DDoS'd you for a refund. Few threads ago it was the suspicious ticket, now you've got an idea of who it is for a refund.

Good luck at OVH.

No one, because the procedure is not as simple as PayPal when you say anything and get your money back.

I'm going to drive to the rack to test a new solution that he suggested by @SillyGoose .

• edited January 6

@FlorinMarian said:

@Kris said:

Good luck at OVH.

No one, because the procedure is not as simple as PayPal when you say anything and get your money back.

Yeah but not being able to use a service you paid for because it's constantly/regularly (let's face it even just 1-2 days of downtime every 1-2 weeks will render it unusable for anything halfway serious) congested is a pretty compelling reason. Seriously, where are you even going with this?

@FlorinMarian said:
    I'm going to drive to the rack to test a new solution that he suggested by @SillyGoose .

Well, good luck with that. There is no magic that'll suddenly make a local solution effective. A congested link is a congested link. DDoS is just very stupid and simple.

Thanked by 3alincupunct Kris emgh
  • xrzxrz Member

@FlorinMarian said: test a new solution

pull out all the cables, problem solved

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@FlorinMarian do you no longer live where the servers are? What prompted the move?

I think many folks were okay with the idea of a home DC because you lived feet away from the servers.

Anyhow, good luck.

I still think you and @Calin should just rent a garage or something and combine forces. I get you two mixed up enough as is.

• LeviLevi Member

Pull the plug out. Simple as that.

• R4ainR4ain Member

any update ?

• LeviLevi Member

@R4ain said:
    any update ?

Gazi website is reachable.

Thanked by 1R4ain
  • R4ainR4ain Member

Ah yes & I can access my server too <3

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 6

@jmaxwell said:
    Looks like he wanted a way out from this downward spiral of basement DC and shut down or go back to Ovh so hired some skid for help.

That's just stupid theory. Sarcasm aside, he's genuine DIY guy and definitely would prefer to continue to improve his home DC.

He is just too eccentric on this forum and easily makes enemies due to misunderstanding and/or responding people back on their own levels rather than being overly polite.

Not to mention he has invested so much money on his current setup, moving it back to rented servers in a facility he can't access is probly worse than having to quit.

@HaziFlorinMarian Look into OpenMPTCProuter. This would allow software level WAN bonding with pretty good throughput using conventional ISPs

Also, install some beefy server before the switches as a firewall using pfsense or opnsense to filter the invalid packets if the connection port itself is larger than the incoming attack.

@stefeman said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Looks like he wanted a way out from this downward spiral of basement DC and shut down or go back to Ovh so hired some skid for help.

That's just stupid theory. Sarcasm aside, he's genuine DIY guy and definitely would prefer to continue to improve his home DC.

He is just too eccentric on this forum and easily makes enemies due to misunderstanding and/or responding people back on their own levels rather than being overly polite.

Not to mention he has invested so much money on his current setup, moving it back to rented servers in a facility he can't access is probly worse than having to quit.

@HaziFlorinMarian Look into OpenMPTCProuter. This would allow software level WAN bonding with pretty good throughput using conventional ISPs

Also, install some beefy server before the switches as a firewall using pfsense or opnsense

I couldn't have said it better either!

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 6

@FlorinMarian said:

@stefeman said:

@jmaxwell said:

Also, install some beefy server before the switches as a firewall using pfsense or opnsense

I couldn't have said it better either!

I've been an asshole, and I probly continue being one for memes, but I don't want this to fail on some script kiddie DDoS attack.

Thanked by 3Sululu Kris Pilzbaum
  • xrzxrz Member

so everything fixed?