Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

Comments

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@Andreix , uhhh, boy, that was rude...... :D

• LexLex Member
    edited January 12

@fluffernutter said: "iar când ești tare în pizda o iei la muie,"

A literal translation is "when you're tough in the vagina, you'll have to do oral sex"

Romanians have quite the special logic in swearing and insults, you should hear the plethora of insults that have no direction towards the person (as an direct insult) but they target various acts of violence, sex and other lewd acts with their dead (specifically) or alive relatives, offsprings, parents, etc.

Romanians, of course, get really offended from anything, some even get mad if you use a short form of "your mother", sort of an equivalent of "your mom". It has absolutely zero insulting meaning but you will 100% receive dead threats if you use it.

@Lex said: It has absolutely zero insulting meaning but you will 100% receive dead threats if you use it.

:D :D :D , well, cultures differ.

You should try Hungarians. Trust me, the are even more easy to offend. :D , and have much more words for insulting.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 12

@Lex said:
    Romanians have quite the special logic in swearing and insults, you should hear the plethora of insults that have no direction towards the person (as an direct insult) but they target various acts of violence, sex and other lewd acts with their dead (specifically) or alive relatives, offsprings, parents, etc.

My favourite I heard from a Romanian friend of mine loosely translates as "may you find your loved ones with a Geiger counter"

Brutal.

• Google Translate only made it more confusing...

Thanked by 2host_c Lex
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 12

What does offended mean?

Do you guys mean victimized?

Thanked by 1M66B
    edited January 12

@FlorinMarian said: The technical > consultant directly called the head of the commercial consultant. It remains to be seen how > long it will last (because this time is no time limit as is no contract behind it).
    From the discussions, it seems that it takes so long and because it is not a frequently sold > product (only purchased by datacenters) and the consultants do not know the procedures.

Not frequently sold, usually is a sign that they have to get it from someone alse, they do not make it in-house. I doubt that it takes so long to implement if the NOC knows he's shit. This might be the cause of them pushing you to sign for it and not being able to help you out instantly.

@FlorinMarian said: A lot of advices were useless. They were given only to be able to say later "I told him what to do, but he ignored me".

Without 0 knowledge of internal setup, it is difficult for those willingly to help you to give precise solutions to your problem. You also gave too much info on a public thread, next time, open one in the right category, so you can get more useful info and less off-topic.

Most wanted to help you out / give you some ideas.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • @FlorinMarian said:

The technical consultant directly called the head of the commercial consultant. It remains to be seen how long it will last (because this time is no time limit as is no contract behind it).
    From the discussions, it seems that it takes so long and because it is not a frequently sold product (only purchased by datacenters) and the consultants do not know the procedures.

>

Orange is one of the biggest IPS that offer business solution in Europe. They are a Tier 1 operator and from what you say they don't know how to help you stopig the DDoS

This sounds as a lie. The same level of lie @Calin used when we said his ISP (the same Orange) doesn't know how to route IPv6.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@SirNeo said:

@FlorinMarian said:

The technical consultant directly called the head of the commercial consultant. It remains to be seen how long it will last (because this time is no time limit as is no contract behind it).
    From the discussions, it seems that it takes so long and because it is not a frequently sold product (only purchased by datacenters) and the consultants do not know the procedures.

>

Orange is one of the biggest IPS that offer business solution in Europe. They are a Tier 1 operator and from what you say they don't know how to help you stopig the DDoS

This sounds as a lie. The same level of lie @Calin used when we said his ISP (the same Orange) doesn't know how to route IPv6.

It is not a lie. Orange RO and Vodafone RO have nothing to do with their Tier1 "mothership". They are mostly idiots that lied in their CV to get a job.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • emghemgh Member

@SirNeo said:

@FlorinMarian said:

>

support isn't provided by "the company" it's provided by actual people, and quite often, they suffer from not knowing and/or not caring

Thanked by 3Andreix host_c adly

However, as I already said, it is quite easy to dispute such contract in a court. You just need an above mediocre counselor.

Thanked by 1host_c

It is not a lie. Orange RO and Vodafone RO have nothing to do with their Tier1 "mothership". They are mostly idiots that lied in their CV to get a job.

I will second this, AndreiX is right, these RO companies have nothing to do with their HQ.

I am amazed that they actually work. It seems gravity pays a role in networking also, as the traffic falls to the right port on the switch, most of the time .

• How is this shit show still going on? Surely as a company there’s no coming back from this circus? I respect @FlorinMarian but this is getting ridiculous now..

@allthemtings said:
    How is this shit show still going on? Surely as a company there’s no coming back from this circus? I respect @FlorinMarian but this is getting ridiculous now..

Isolation is the key. The incident is only known on LET.

• @Andreix said:

@allthemtings said:
    How is this shit show still going on? Surely as a company there’s no coming back from this circus? I respect @FlorinMarian but this is getting ridiculous now..

I’d assume 90% of his customers are LET based

@allthemtings said:

@Andreix said:

@allthemtings said:

I’d assume 90% of his customers are LET based

And 90% of those 90% use his services for shady activities. Do you think they really care?

• @Andreix said: And 90% of those 90% use his services for shady activities. Do you think they really care?

I mean they should - because we can assume that 50% of those 90% of those 90% shady activities gonna get blocked/stopped/reported when they migrate to OVH (-:

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@JabJab said:

@Andreix said: And 90% of those 90% use his services for shady activities. Do you think they really care?

I mean they should - because we can assume that 50% of those 90% of those 90% shady activities gonna get blocked/stopped/reported when they migrate to OVH (-:

How so?
    My IPs will still be routed through our ASN. OVH is a peer as Orange is if we talk about network config.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

@Andreix said: And 90% of those 90% use his services for shady activities. Do you think they really care?

How so?
    My IPs will still be routed through our ASN. OVH is a peer as Orange is if we talk about network config.

Be careful here, yes its your ASN but you are still using their service, network and them as a upstream PEER.

You need to follow the same TOS and policy's as if you were using their network on their VPS as example. If your traffic violates their TOS, they will cut you off or at least blockhole you until you either fix the traffic or they will remove peering.

I've seen it happen multiple times and providers with 100x of servers thrown out because of this. Ignore to many request to remove content, again .. instead of you they will contact them, and OVH will cut you as peering partner.
    This is not like Orange on residential line, here they actually care about the traffic and activities.

Every serious BYOIP or colocation provider will have the same policy, no matter its their IP or not, you're still using a service. We do the same :)

Thanked by 2host_c Warkos

@rnthosting said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

How so?

Be careful here, yes its your ASN but you are still using their service, network and them as a upstream PEER.

You need to follow the same TOS and policy's as if you were using their network on their VPS as example. If your traffic violates their TOS, they will cut you off or at least blockhole you until you either fix the traffic or they will remove peering.

I've seen it happen multiple times and providers with 100x of servers thrown out because of this. Ignore to many request to remove content, again .. instead of you they will contact them, and OVH will cut you as peering partner.
    This is not like Orange on residential line, here they actually care about the traffic and activities.

Every serious BYOIP or colocation provider will have the same policy, no matter its their IP or not, you're still using a service. We do the same :)

All abuse related to my clients will reach me.
    Then, anyway, I don't sell services through which I present mottos like "we host anything".

Thanked by 1rnthosting
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@rnthosting said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

How so?

All abuse related to my clients will reach me.
    Then, anyway, I don't sell services through which I present mottos like "we host anything".

Did not say you do, was just giving a general example :) Nothing against you!
    Exactly as you said, if they notice strange activity on port 53 (example) they will notify you, but if you don't deal with it or it keeps repeating they will block 53 at edge.

With EU NIS2 directive which will kick in by 2025 latest, this will become even stricter.
    (I expect this EU rule to kill of most of small providers currently in the market within EU, since you simply cannot afford to be compliant with it or have the manpower)

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian host_c
  • VoidVoid Member

Drama died finally

Thanked by 1emgh
  • LeviLevi Member

@jmaxwell said:
    Drama died finally

Drama will be over when florinus implements "The Solution". Until then - it is waiting.

• Nothing worse than waiting for idlers to come back idling :P

Thanked by 2host_c let_rocks
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@Mumbly said:
    Nothing worse than waiting for idlers to come back idling :P

Technically, they are idling twice as much

I would have liked to see this 10 days ago..

• Many people focused on a solution, but you prefered to be a dick - like now - and didn‘t listen to them. Thats why you still have no solution.

@drivex said:
    Many people focused on a solution, but you prefered to be a dick - like now - and didn‘t listen to them. Thats why you still have no solution.

I'm afraid you're wrong.
    We received dozens of opinions, but you can count on your fingers the ones that propose the only viable solution: a BGP session with an AntiDDoS solution provider.
    Any other idea is useless in the current context, I can say that with certainty on the 11th day of the attack.

• Everyone is wrong, only you are right - i‘m surprised you came that far in your life with your shitty attitude.

@drivex said:
    Everyone is wrong, only you are right - i‘m surprised you came that far in your life with your shitty attitude.

You are childish.
    I didn't say I'm right, because I'm not. I wasted whole days filtering the traffic trying to apply solutions similar to those proposed but useless.
    How did you come to the conclusion that I am smarter than the others when I only stated that out of 100 opinions, 95 were wrong?