Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

Comments

• adlyadly Veteran

@Levi said:

@Calin said:

@totally_not_banned said: distinction between passion and need appears clearly.

You don't make right now passion , you make right now charity at a corporation

For who say about contract cancel , so cancel a contract , that it's not possible , it's very hard for cancel a contract , that happened with @cociu , he could not give up the contracts

What will happen on cancel? Will fat guys drive by and brake legs or peper your windows with large calibre guns? Does contract bind you to give your soul in case cancellation?

Such contracts would be one-time than. No sane business would pro-long them.

Perhaps not quite as dramatic, but it wouldn’t be beyond the realm of possibility that such contracts may not only be registered against the business but also require some personal backing/guaranteeing. In which case, failing to honour the contact may very well be overly burdensome/too costly personally.

• this is headed to @cociu level in so many ways

Thanked by 1Calin
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@adly said:

@Levi said:

@Calin said:

@totally_not_banned said: distinction between passion and need appears clearly.

You don't make right now passion , you make right now charity at a corporation

For who say about contract cancel , so cancel a contract , that it's not possible , it's very hard for cancel a contract , that happened with @cociu , he could not give up the contracts

What will happen on cancel? Will fat guys drive by and brake legs or peper your windows with large calibre guns? Does contract bind you to give your soul in case cancellation?

Such contracts would be one-time than. No sane business would pro-long them.

Perhaps not quite as dramatic, but it wouldn’t be beyond the realm of possibility that such contracts may not only be registered against the business but also require some personal backing/guaranteeing. In which case, failing to honour the contact may very well be overly burdensome/too costly personally.

Nah. Contracts in RO are pretty much the same as anywhere. You can undo any contract if you are capable enough.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • VoidVoid Member

@cybertech said:

this is headed to @cociu level in so many ways

Shouldn’t he have certain amount of clients and hot selling services first to call it a Cociu?

• @jmaxwell said:

@cybertech said:

this is headed to @cociu level in so many ways

Shouldn’t he have certain amount of clients and hot selling services first to call it a Cociu?

i stand corrected, except that way you mentioned.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 12

@Kris said: But apparently pulling an airplane over an airplane is better.

Not to mention it's English-only, and doesn't work very well on mobile. (you can't even see what you're dragging)

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

Not to mention it's English-only, and doesn't work very well on mobile. (you can't even see what you're dragging)

If you look carefully, dragged image's border becomes orange.

edited January 12

@FlorinMarian said:

@doghouch said:

If you look carefully, dragged image's border becomes orange.

I can't seem to trigger it on my phone, but fair enough: there seems to be some sort of touch feedback.

Having said that, the border colour isn't suuper obvious, and I don't see why a CloudFlare captcha/the like couldn't have been used instead.

I'm all for custom designs, but imho it's not very intuitive nor accessible (sorry for repeating this, I know you've already acknowledged the feedback in a previous reply) -- especially if you have poor sight or can't read English.

• @doghouch it's lowend cloudflare.

edited January 12

@cybertech said:
    @doghouch it's lowend cloudflare.

CloudFlare's "under attack" mode is free, and custom error/captcha pages are available (iirc) on the lowest paid tier (Pro).

(not terribly expensive)

• @doghouch said:

@cybertech said:
    @doghouch it's lowend cloudflare.

CloudFlare's "under attack" mode is free, and custom error/captcha pages are available (iirc) on the lowest paid tier (Pro).

(not terribly expensive)

enough to bankrupt™

• This is truly quite remarkable, still no working server. But even if it starts to work, i now have this nagging question that won't go away: if the advertised anti-ddos on the network is non existing, and nothing happens to mitagate a week long outage, why wouldn't the supposed raid config be the same. Pretty sad, but this host's reputation is down the drain.

@Aliquip said:
    This is truly quite remarkable, still no working server. But even if it starts to work, i now have this nagging question that won't go away: if the advertised anti-ddos on the network is non existing, and nothing happens to mitagate a week long outage, why wouldn't the supposed raid config be the same. Pretty sad, but this host's reputation is down the drain.

Nonexistent != Complete
    Our filters installed on the main hosts blocked many attack attempts, ending up dropping many packets that would have saturated the VPS resources.
    The current attack is not common either in intensity or duration.

• LeviLevi Member

What's the status?

@Levi said:
    What's the status?

Hello!

I just had a telephone discussion with the technical consultant of one of the ISPs and he will personally take care of the deployment of Arbor Anti-DDoS solution on the same day as signing the contract, thus avoiding waiting up to 30 days as usually happens.

We will keep you updated as soon as we have news.

If you can, try to redirect all traffic via IPv6 because there are no problems there.

Thank you for your patience!

OVH: No update.

• So... contract still not signed?

--

Plot twist: technical consultant will do this the same day, but legal department have still 30 days to draft the contract

Signed, Murphy's law

@JabJab said:
    So... contract still not signed?

--

Plot twist: technical consultant will do this the same day, but legal department have still 30 days to draft the contract

Signed, Murphy's law

The technical consultant directly called the head of the commercial consultant. It remains to be seen how long it will last (because this time is no time limit as is no contract behind it).
    From the discussions, it seems that it takes so long and because it is not a frequently sold product (only purchased by datacenters) and the consultants do not know the procedures.

• LeviLevi Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

--

Signed, Murphy's law

The technical consultant directly called the head of the commercial consultant. It remains to be seen how long it will last (because this time is no time limit as is no contract behind it).
    From the discussions, it seems that it takes so long and because it is not a frequently sold product (only purchased by datacenters) and the consultants do not know the procedures.

Maybe you could your-self buy second hand arbor and colocate? That way youbsave money and have more control over hardware.

@Levi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

--

Signed, Murphy's law

Maybe you could your-self buy second hand arbor and colocate? That way youbsave money and have more control over hardware.

The lesson I learned with this attack is that the equipment does not matter more than 50%, the other half being the bandwidth to/from the Internet.

edited January 12

@FlorinMarian said:

@Levi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

--

Signed, Murphy's law

The lesson I learned with this attack is that the equipment does not matter more than 50%, the other half being the bandwidth to/from the Internet.

Basically you apparently finally learned what every knowledgeable user said in this thread since 20 pages ago...

edited January 12

@Andreix said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Levi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

--

Signed, Murphy's law

Basically you learned what every knowledgeable user said in this thread since 20 pages ago...

A lot of advices were useless. They were given only to be able to say later "I told him what to do, but he ignored me".
    Now, as I know and the others know that 40Gbps is probably a reasonable target above which to put some filters, are we lying, do many of the providers here have this capacity?

@FlorinMarian said:

@Andreix said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Levi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

--

Signed, Murphy's law

Basically you learned what every knowledgeable user said in this thread since 20 pages ago...

A lot of advices were useless. They were given only to be able to say later "I told him what to do, but he ignored me".
    Now, as I know and the others know that 40Gbps is probably a reasonable target above which to put some filters, are we lying, do many of the providers here have this capacity?

10G is also reasonable, but true providers don't choose shitty ISPs and unknown locations where you don't really have a choice.

@Andreix said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Andreix said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Levi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@JabJab said:

--

Signed, Murphy's law

10G is also reasonable, but true providers don't choose shitty ISPs and unknown locations where you don't really have a choice.

Maybe in general.
    In my case, I had those two days when the QoS was missing and I had 10Gbps best-effort at the price of 2Gbps and with 4.7Gbps inbound I had so many lost packets that the IPs didn't even respond to ping.

• @FlorinMarian said:

I told you last month that you are at orange mercy, look where you are now.

There is a old Romanian saying "capu' plecat sabia nu-l taie, iar când ești tare în pizda o iei la muie"

Next time let the arrogance vibe pass and don't walk naked in a room full of dicks.

• LeviLevi Member

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

There is a old Romanian saying "capu' plecat sabia nu-l taie, iar când ești tare în pizda o iei la muie"

Next time let the arrogance vibe pass and don't walk naked in a room full of dicks.

Can you roughly translate that saying? It looks like massive slam into florin.

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

This quote is useless here.
    Nobody claimed this attack to have any link with someone.

• We're imagining things then.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @Levi said:

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Can you roughly translate that saying? It looks like massive slam into florin.

Translation:
    "When the head's gone, the sword doesn't cut, and when you're tough, you get screwed over."

Clarification: This Romanian saying uses vulgar and colloquial language to convey a metaphorical meaning. The first part, "capu' plecat sabia nu-l taie," literally means "a bowed head won't be hit by the sword," suggesting that avoiding trouble or confrontation can prevent harm. The second part, "iar când ești tare în pizda o iei la muie," is more vulgar and implies that being overly confident or tough in challenging situations can lead to negative consequences. The translation has been moderated to convey the meaning without the explicit language.

Revised sentence:
    "A bowed head avoids the sword, and being too tough often backfires."

Thanked by 1Levi
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1fluffernutter

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

So, if the naked guy is Florin and the room is LET, then... this means we all are a bunch of... OMG!!!

Thanked by 2Calin inthecloudblog