Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

Comments

• emghemgh Member

hetrix is actually stupid, they password protect the main page but not the monitoring URLs...

the attacker still have access if they have the link (and they will have if they ever visited) and so will everyone here too

Thanked by 1alfatarsos
  • @emgh said:
    hetrix is actually stupid, they password protect the main page but not the monitoring URLs...

Wow, that's very much not what one would expect from a professional service.

Thanked by 2tentor emgh
  • @emgh said:

the attacker still have access if they have the link (and they will have if they ever visited) and so will everyone here too

Autch

Thanked by 1emgh
  • So the big question remains: Is there external filtering now?

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@totally_not_banned said:
    So the big question remains: Is there external filtering now?

No.

• edited January 11

@FlorinMarian said:

No.

OK... but then it's not really a mystery what kind of traffic is reaching you, isn't it? It's very much the kind of traffic this guy keeps sending.

• @FlorinMarian said:

No.

lol

• @emgh said:

@HBAndrei ping, you probably want to put that on some #TODO list.

Thanked by 3adly emgh HBAndrei
  • emghemgh Member

@FlorinMarian said:

No.

OK... but then it's not really a mystery what kind of traffic is reaching you, isn't it? It's very much the kind of traffic this guy keeps sending.

yeah lol..

• I'm still curious why he use Orange now when RDS or whatever else their name is, working perfectly fine, considering that both of them have the same IP's, attacks would be rerouted to RDS too.. but it is not..

Not only other people's IPs are spoofed when we are attacked.
    It is clear that there is someone competing with us since they are also targeting our IP addresses in order to damage their reputation.
    Fortunately, abuseipdb is not reliable :)

Thanked by 1xrz
  • @BilohBucks said:
    I'm still curious why he use Orange now when RDS or whatever else their name is, working perfectly fine, considering that both of them have the same IP's, attacks would be rerouted to RDS too.. but it is not..

I am curious why any of them use Orange when the latency's horrible with every other provider but this is offtopic.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited January 11

@FlorinMarian said: abuseipdb is not reliable

surely not reliable, but showing sign of what attackers doing (if its even some % who knows)

@BilohBucks said:
    I'm still curious why he use Orange now when RDS or whatever else their name is, working perfectly fine, considering that both of them have the same IP's, attacks would be rerouted to RDS too.. but it is not..

At this moment, the attacks come through both providers.
    The attack is so clever that there are 120K packets only through Orange, 500 each on the 256 IP addresses.

edited January 11

@alincupunct said:

@BilohBucks said:

I am curious why any of them use Orange when the latency's horrible with every other provider but this is offtopic.

Not true at all.

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.66 Gbits/sec  | 4.20 Gbits/sec  | 57.1 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 52.4 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 3.66 Gbits/sec  | 156 Mbits/sec   | 60.7 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 3.08 Gbits/sec  | 3.83 Gbits/sec  | 118 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 900 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 137 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.09 Gbits/sec  | 106 Mbits/sec   | 166 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 907 Mbits/sec   | 109 Mbits/sec   | 192 ms

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep, LIR

You realize that is because people are spoofing his IPs, right? That's how most UDP amplification attacks work.

You spoof the victim IP toward hundreds/thousands of destinations, they respond with an larger payload of traffic to the victim.

This is why automated abuse reporting for UDP traffic is retarded. Hetzner does the same shit.

• I wonder whether users will be compensated for lost days :|

• Why don't you use for example BuyVM Protected BGP service to protect your site? Or OVH like others mentioned earlier? few ms more to your network won't be a big deal, at least your servers will be up, not down for 5(?) day..

• xrzxrz Member
    edited January 11

@Swiftnode said: This is why automated abuse reporting for UDP traffic is retarded. Hetzner does the same shit.

i know, i am just curios how many types of attacks are carried out there against him, this sh*t is now boring and so long

@Bennett said:
    I wonder whether users will be compensated for lost days :|

They will get 30% off next month but first we have to stop this shit.

Thanked by 1Bennett

@BilohBucks said:
    Why don't you use for example BuyVM Protected BGP service to protect your site? Or OVH like others mentioned earlier? few ms more to your network won't be a big deal, at least your servers will be up, not down for 5(?) day..

I tried a session with wireguard/GRE earlier.
    The IPs announced via BGP were inaccessible and the speed was below 350Mbps, although in Romania we have 2150Mbps and the server I tried to pair with has 10Gbps.

• emghemgh Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@Bennett said:

how?

edited January 11

@emgh said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Bennett said:

how?

Arbor from ISP or OVH, it depends on who implements first.

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 11

@FlorinMarian said: I tried a session with wireguard/GRE earlier.
    The IPs announced via BGP were inaccessible and the speed was below 350Mbps, although in Romania we have 2150Mbps and the server I tried to pair with has 10Gbps.

PEBKAC

Were you doing it from your network with its IPs receiving DDoS?

Thanked by 1adly

@emgh said:

PEBKAC

Possibly, it's not like I've ever implemented something like this before.

• emghemgh Member

@FlorinMarian said:

@emgh said:

PEBKAC

https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel

• xrzxrz Member

@FlorinMarian said: Arbor from ISP or OVH, it depends on who implements first.

so will it stop the attacks finally?

@emgh said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@emgh said:

PEBKAC

https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel

I know this kind of tunneling.
    The main difference is that IPs are part of BGP session same unprotected host.

@xrz said:

@FlorinMarian said: Arbor from ISP or OVH, it depends on who implements first.

so will it stop the attacks finally?

One of them will stop them.
    The attacker targeted our another subnet at OVH but their filters did their job.

Thanked by 1xrz