Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | Performance drops expected tomorrow for VPSs in Romania

Comments

• KrisKris Member

@emgh said: @Kris Yeah, the 1/5 chance (I mentioned that priorly) from what I can tell, regardless of IP repuation, is just stupid tbh

Yeah saw it from you first. The people at 2Captcha and DeathByCaptcha will be pleased to get this easy shite via API, but pretty sure XEvil will have that covered, free.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 11

@Kris said:

@emgh said: @Kris Yeah, the 1/5 chance (I mentioned that priorly) from what I can tell, regardless of IP repuation, is just stupid tbh

Yeah saw it from you first. The people at 2Captcha and DeathByCaptcha will be pleased to get this easy shite via API, but pretty sure XEvil will have that covered, free.

Honestly, since WHMCS endpoints can cause so much load, I figure the most scaleable approach would be to just send 5x the required requests and randomly guess to have very little delay

1/5 ain’t bad for guessing

• KrisKris Member

@emgh said: 1/5 ain’t bad for guessing

I think that's actually the Orange SA motto for fiber and network upgrades.

Thanked by 2emgh host_c
  • xvpsxvps Member

If you ask a Romanian or Bulgarian of his year of birth, he calculates it with this formula:

83 - his age + 40 = his year of birth

And then, he asks for a 3-hour meeting so you can discuss the formula and the result.

Simply because, in Romania and Bulgaria, this is the most simple and logical way to answer a simple question.

And if you are kind enough to suggest an easier way, he will happily discuss it, but in the end, he will ignore your suggestion because he knows better.

But there is a chance that he, on his own, at some point, will find a solution that is similar to what you suggested.

So give @FlorinMarian some slack. He is doing his best.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited January 11

.> @xvps said:

If you ask a Romanian or Bulgarian of his year of birth, he calculates it with this formula:

And then, he asks for a 3-hour meeting so you can discuss the formula and the result.

Simply because, in Romania and Bulgaria, this is the most simple and logical way to answer a simple question.

And if you are kind enough to suggest an easier way, he will happily discuss it, but in the end, he will ignore your suggestion because he knows better.

But there is a chance that he, on his own, at some point, will find a solution that is similar to what you suggested.

Now I’m curious. @FlorinMarian what is your year of birth and when can we have a 3 hour meeting ?

• emghemgh Member

Honestly sad, the loan, and now this chaos.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • LeviLevi Member

@emgh said:

We didn't saw any actual documentation about the loan. It can be bluff for marketing.

• emghemgh Member

@Levi said:

@emgh said:

We didn't saw any actual documentation about the loan. It can be bluff for marketing.

I think you overestimate the stragetic planning going on @ Hazi just a tad

• @emgh said:

its a personal loan!

• emghemgh Member

@cybertech said:

@emgh said:

its a personal loan!

That was going to be spent on Hazi🍑

• adlyadly Veteran

@Kris said:
    4) He thinks his home brew L7 solution (1/5 chance) is better than other technology.

This solution is part of his Bachelor’s degree thesis, if I remember correctly. In fact, I believe his chosen topic relates to solving the DDOS problem, which is rather ironic.

Thanked by 2cybertech host_c
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@adly said: This solution is part of his Bachelor’s degree thesis, if I remember correctly. In fact, I believe his chosen topic relates to solving the DDOS problem, which is rather ironic.

>

A proof , with school don't make nothing on this decade , just a example , my I'm have eight classes :)

Regards

• Loan by his mom. Part-time NOC at the DC

• @xvps said:

Wait am I secretly working with Romanians? That sounds a lot like a lot of the pointless meetings I keep getting dragged into... "Why are we even having this meeting series? We're discussing opinions about immutable facts, which does nothing to change the facts. Where is the value? How can we turn these meetings into something that provides value to the company effective during this meeting?" is something I've said a few times that's gotten me into a bit of trouble. :P

Thanked by 1host_c
  • emghemgh Member

@Calin said:

@adly said: This solution is part of his Bachelor’s degree thesis, if I remember correctly. In fact, I believe his chosen topic relates to solving the DDOS problem, which is rather ironic.

>

A proof , with school don't make nothing on this decade , just a example , my I'm have eight classes :)

Regards

Some studies are still very worth it, basically everything non-tech, and even in tech, CS for example is GREAT from what I’ve heard, although it’s not as practical as some would like, but it still helps a lot

Thanked by 1adly
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

I've had this pointless meeting experience with almost anyone.
    German, Dutch, Italian (here, great coffe), Bulgarian, Serbian... for any basic shit I get a reply: "Well, let's schedule a meeting to discuss further [...]".

When they could simply solve all the stuff with a single mail, which I usually receive after the meeting.

Thanked by 3xvps host_c Lex
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 11

@Kris said:

@alfatarsos said: I'm amazed by the fact that, 19 pages later, no one actually asked some things... I do realize we all love some drama, but let me write some questions:

if it's DDoS and protection is expensive, bla bla bla, what about trying X4B? How come no one remembered mentioning that one for his specific case? (Or even Serverus or CosmicGuard!) Why not simply changing IPs or redirecting traffic for the affected IPs through a VPS that has DDoS protection? At roughly 1/2 euros per month is it that expensive? Why on Earth didn't you have fastnetmon installed and for that to happen it actually took days? Fastnetmon has 40 Gbps of protection on the community edition. How come you don't have any WAF or any rules implemented? Or any freaking minimal way of analyzing traffic deep enough to understand what is at stake?

You literally reiterated what I tried beating into him over 19 pages.

1) X4B charges for traffic per TB, this would not be cheap. I recommended Path, which he didn't bother asking for any discount. @dbContext recommended someone at 100 euros per month, too much.

2) I suggested leveraging BYOIP from OVH, which he had partially setup + GRE tunnel. He announced on his site we would be doing this, then for undisclosed technical reasons would not be doing this the next day.

3) Were you reading the thread? I mentioned this piece of software around half a dozen times at least. He finally got it installed. I had to continuously mention it was free and literally link to a Linux shell install page, a few days later he got to it when we all got suspicious it was just line issues, not an attack.

4) He thinks his home brew L7 solution (1/5 chance) is better than other technology.

X4B support is pure shit, and will ask 80€ hourly billing just to explain their own documentation.

I had horrible experience trying it for one of it's advertised purposes and did not even bother to ask for refund or chargeback cause he sounded like a guy who would report you into every single DB for 30 USD.

Maybe he had a bad day or something, but my experience was worst i've had with anyone on this forum. It was straight off hostile without any plausible reason.

Its also just a BuyVM VPS on GRE in it's simplest single homed tunnel.

This was in 2021, so it might have improved since.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter

@emgh said: Some studies are still very worth it, basically everything non-tech, and even in tech, CS for example is GREAT from what I’ve heard, although it’s not as practical as some would like, but it still helps a lot

>

Yes that it's true!But on tech sector i don't thing this ...

Thanked by 1emgh

@Andreix said: When they could simply solve all the stuff with a single mail, which I usually receive after the meeting.

>

Why not? We live in an era where we don't socialize anymore, if you go out on a date, you also discuss other topics...

If people stopped socializing, we wouldn't evolve and share knowledge

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@Calin said:

@Andreix said: When they could simply solve all the stuff with a single mail, which I usually receive after the meeting.

>

Why not? We live in an era where we don't socialize anymore, if you go out on a date, you also discuss other topics...

If people stopped socializing, we wouldn't evolve and share knowledge

Because my time is valuable to me. I don't wanna lose 1-2h for pointless meetings, when we could've simply solved the issue with a couple of mails.

Thanked by 3tentor host_c Lex
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 11

@emgh said:

What an adventure it was.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/171391/hazi-ro-let-the-adventure-begin/

Will it deadpool when he graduates?

I wonder what happened to Radu and Teodor or did they even exist in the first place?

Thanked by 2host_c yoursunny
  • emghemgh Member

@stefeman said: I wonder what happened to Radu and Teodor or did they even exist in the first place?

Bought out with the debt money xD

• adlyadly Veteran

@stefeman said:

Surely, that’s an if not when if a similar attitude is being taken with his studies/thesis.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 11

@stefeman said:

@emgh said:

What an adventure it was.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/171391/hazi-ro-let-the-adventure-begin/

I wonder what happened to Radu and Teodor or did they even exist in the first place?

@stefeman, that was a fun read, THX.

Posting screenshots of internal systems seems standard and constant from the beginning.

He even got a heads up in 2021 from TheLinuxBug, not that DDOS is the case here, I still keep my bet on ISP mess.

• LexLex Member

@Calin said: my I'm have eight classes

Oh, don't worry, we didn't have any doubt about that!

@Calin said: But on tech sector i don't thing this ...

Depends where are you from and which college you are talking about. Not all are the same. I have two tech colleges in my city, one of them is very broad, not really specific and doesn't help you much to get a job.

The other is cut-throat and over 70-80% of their graduates become engineers (electrical, aerospace, IT, robotics, etc). But their rate of graduation is lower cause they actually do stuff.

@Calin said: If people stopped socializing, we wouldn't evolve and share knowledge

You've never been in a corporation or company that holds meetings, it shows.
    Most of these meetings are pointless and some have the only purpose to kiss the ass of the managers or have the higher-ups brag about record profits while sharing 0% with the employees.

Plus these meetings take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. They happen within your "working hours" (8-9 hours), but they also expect you to complete your normal workload of 8-9 hours in the remaining 4-5 hours :) So you have to do 8 hour work in the 4 hours left after they wasted 4 hours to tell you nothing useful or helpful.

You don't learn and evolve for 1-4 hours, you 95% waste time.

Thanked by 2host_c Andreix
    edited January 11

@Lex said: You've never been in a corporation or company that holds meetings, it shows.
    Most of these meetings are pointless and some have the only purpose to kiss the ass of the >managers or have the higher-ups brag about record profits while sharing 0% with the employees.
    Plus these meetings take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. They happen within your "working hours" (8-9 hours), but they also expect you to complete your normal workload of 8-9 hours in the remaining 4-5 hours So you have to do 8 hour work in the 4 hours left after they wasted 4 hours to tell you nothing useful or helpful.

>

That it's cause why I'm hate corporations

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@Lex said: You don't learn and evolve for 1-4 hours, you 95% waste time.

Oh boy you nailed that one. :+1:

@Lex said: but they also expect you to complete your normal workload of 8-9 hours in the remaining 4-5 hours :) So you have to do 8 hour work in the 4 hours left after they wasted 4 hours to tell you nothing useful or helpful.

And this is how you end up living at work.

Thanked by 1Lex
  • LexLex Member

@Calin said:

Not all corporations are bad, there are plenty of bad small companies as well. Being a romanian, I'm sure you're familiar with the typical "patronas roman" :smile:

Thanked by 2host_c Calin
  • @Calin said:

@Lex said: You've never been in a corporation or company that holds meetings, it shows.
    Most of these meetings are pointless and some have the only purpose to kiss the ass of the >managers or have the higher-ups brag about record profits while sharing 0% with the employees.
    Plus these meetings take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. They happen within your "working hours" (8-9 hours), but they also expect you to complete your normal workload of 8-9 hours in the remaining 4-5 hours So you have to do 8 hour work in the 4 hours left after they wasted 4 hours to tell you nothing useful or helpful.

>

Do you maybe have a large gray beard too?

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@Arkas close this thread, please.
    It gets spammed even without my intervention