Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership

Comments

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2013

bizzard said: But for some reason, I like @Liam more. @mpkossen No offence meant. Just my personal opinion.

You have every right to feel that way. No offense taken :-)

Nekki said: If you're not intending to offend, you should just keep it to yourself. How else would you expect someone who's been getting hammered from all sides to take a comment like that?

In all honesty, at least he says it in an adult manner :-)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2013

BTW I like how you removed all my posts in this thread (well, all but the last one I posted to see if anyone would notice.) Any reason you couldn't have left my posts in this thread? Now it looks kinda funny cause 2 people quoted me, but you have no idea the original content of my post because you removed them. Typical LET style "delete what we don't like" moderating. I only wonder how many others have been removed as well.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

@TheLinuxBug the "poof"?

Edit:
    Oh no it's not

• That was my rhetorical post. One of the missing posts used to be at:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/414003/#Comment_414003

However, has just vanished from the thread. (Also there should be a second one but I don't have the comment number for it, it was not only deleted from the thread but from the comments made from my account as well, like it never even happened.)

Cheers!

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • bizzardbizzard Member
    edited December 2013

Sorry if my previous comment was out of place.

I have no intentions to derail the thread, even though I am not sure its now on topic.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

@TheLinuxBug said:
    BTW I like how you removed all my posts in this thread (well, all but the last one I posted to see if anyone would notice.)

BTW, I like how you exaggerated to make a big deal from something. I went through whole LET history log of last few days and wasted part of my free time because of you just to find out that it was removed one and only spam invitation post by you started with:

you are welcome to join us at ****.com (this will likely be censored) but this is a new community that has sprang up to replace this place

It's your choice if you want or don't want to be here but joining conversation just to spam thread with invitation to other board is plain rude. And so is rude to make false accusations about removal all of your posts to make things look differently. One post was removed. I did it. Because it was offtopic spam invitation.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited December 2013

@jarland said:

>

Yes !

For over the last 5 years I have seen companies deadpool like crazy. This ugvps isnt deadpooling yet but if there was ever such a thing as morals/business ethics, they are definitely dead in this scenario.

What hurts the most is when over the course of time you have been burned, made mistakes by choosing flashy shiny providers only to find they were in for the quick buck but gentle people this is a LONG CON, I would never try anything related to chicacgo ever since my disastrous experience with them, now the honest truth is few months ago I was actually considering ugvps as part of my mirroring vps array(failsafe in case the host dies or runs away). I would have NEVER even considered it if I knew chris was involved, @chris @CVPS_Chris you fraudster; Stop trying to cheat and get my business by using various names & please if you actually have "different" brands then be man enough to mention them legitimately like how @serverian and many others do properly.

I have seriously stopped hosting in the USA because of all the shenanigans these dirty hosts & their overlords try to pull.

edited December 2013

1. I answered the question of the post before mine

2. You can simply remove the link and leave the rest of the post there, but no, instead you removed the whole thing...

3. The site exists and is an alternative to here, just like linking any other site in the world, this should be allowed. This crazy "we can't have any competition because we are ColoCrossing" crap is just plain stupid. Let the people choose which they like better instead of you simply moderating it away like it doesn't exist.

4. Obviously others liked the post as they made reference to it, which now is confusing as my post has vanished in its entirety.

5. You only re-enforce the reasons why people should go there by doing such silly things. For anyone interested the "other" sites moderation team doesn't try to suppress freedom of speech, but I guess here in the dictatorship of ColoCrossing free speech isn't allowed.

Cheers!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Spirit said:
    It's your choice if you want or don't want to be here but joining conversation just to spam thread with invitation to other board is plain rude. And so is rude to make false accusations about removal all of your posts to make things look differently. One post was removed. I did it. Because it was offtopic spam invitation.

That's funny, because http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/414030/#Comment_414030 was not removed, nor are any of the other advertisements that half of this "community" has been filled with by now.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

@TheLinuxBug
    No you did not. You spammed thread with offtopic invitation to other community, I removed it and then you posted how all of your posts have been removed which was blatant lie to make problem from something what isn't.

@joepie91 funny? What's so funny in overlooking it? Flag it next time instead being smart-a and I or some other moderator will deal with it.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • I'm still wating for the day people understand that "freedom of speech" is just a right towards the state and not generally applicable within other people's private property.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@Spirit said:
    joepie91 funny? What's so funny in overlooking it? Flag it next time instead being smart-a and I or some other moderator will deal with it.

Alright, the first report has been filed. I'll make sure to flag advertisements for external sites when I run across them.

@skagerrak said:
    I'm still wating for the day people understand that "freedom of speech" is just a right towards the state and not generally applicable within other people's private property.

Actually, it's a moral concept.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

I don't have problem with and I never remove link to some content relevant for discussion but this what he posted was offtopic "you are welcome to join us at ****.com (this will likely be censored) but this is a new community that has sprang up to replace this place.." spam advertisement. That's plain rude. I don't join to other communities to spam their threads with how their place sucks and invite them to my. Like you said - it's a moral concept.
    And then he had a guts to even complain how all of his posts have been removed while this spam advetisement was the only post by him I (or anyone - according to logs) removed.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
    edited December 2013

Unless you removed the post before mine, the person before me had been asking for another site 'similar' to LE* to participate in. I simply answered his question as he thought none already existed. I expected you to remove the link, however, I see no reason why the rest should simply be deleted. It is still my personal opinion, regardless of the implication. Now instead, you have about 6 posts regarding a single post that if left alone would have created much less drama. Go ahead, start kicking your self... i'll wait...

(facepalm)

Cheers!

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n fisle
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

Now instead, you have about 6 posts regarding a single post that if left alone would have created much less drama.

Yes, I noticed this problem of LET staffers all the time. You spammed, you lied to makes things look differently... and now I am the one who go into extensive explanation and justification of moderators action. What about to apology because your lied about all your posts being removed and wasting my time with that?

• bizzard said: Sorry if my previous comment was out of place.

I have no intentions to derail the thread, even though I am not sure its now on topic.

Ah, no worries dude :-) You're very decent. I appreciate that.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n bizzard
  • Spirit said: What about to apology because your lied about all your posts being removed and wasting my time with that?

Seems like a reasonable request, @TheLinuxBug!

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • IMHO it's justified to remove links to VPSBoard on this forum. It would be strange if companies allowed people to advertise their competitors on their company website. Just think about what Google would do if you spammed the Google forums with posts advertising Apple.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
    edited December 2013

I won't apologize for anything, until the post is restored (sure without the link if you must), then once my post is no longer missing, I will consider apologizing for your irrational treatment and removing of my post. Sound fair? Good!

Cheers!

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

I am really pissed off about those things sometimes. People can say whatever they want being true or not, insult, spam... and we're always the one who needs to explain our actions against that just to be even more trolled by every random dick with bad day coming by.
    What do you think @TheLinuxBug that I am your punching bag or something? You shamelessly lied to make things look differently. And I was kind enough to go into explanation and clarification what's about. I don't need cookie for that but I am also not prepared to tolerate every venting dick on my neck just because he feels so. You spammed. You lied. And now you have a personal offtopic drama. Just as you wanted when you said that all your posts were removed. Cool, isn't it?

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    I won't apologize for anything, until the post is restored (sure without the link if you must), then once my post is no longer missing, I will consider apologizing for your irrational treatment and removing of my post. Sound fair? Good!

Cheers!

I'd just back away from the vehicle now mate, you've mugged yourself off good and proper.

• @Spirit While you have your knives out for this "lie", what are you doing about the lies that were brought to light by @jarland.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Based on how horribly off topic this has got and is now turning in to a big balls competition and lets piss the staff off game I put forward the motion to accept Jarlands post did what it was meant to do, proved a point, action has been taken so lets close it and stop the toxic crap?

This is the problem with ego, it pulls people away from the truth.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Just split the thread. This thread should not be closed, just pulled back to the original topc.

• @vRozenSch00n, stop thanking everyone!

• @Nick_A said:
    Just split the thread. This thread should not be closed, just pulled back to the original topc.

There's not really much point in continuing though, is there? It's pretty clear that the site's owners aren't prepared to take action against one of the accused, so why keep flogging a dead horse?

Thanked by 2Mark_R Mark_R
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nick_A said:

Probably justified. Little discussion was had answering the question in the title.

• @serverian said:

vRozenSch00n, stop thanking everyone!

I see everybody here has a point. Unfortunately, there are at least 3 problems entangled in a complicated way.

Some of the problems are not for public consumption, some are not appropriate, some are due to their job (remember this forum belongs to an entity that runs the same business as most of providers here and the owner's must have some guide lines to be followed by the admin/mods), some likes to slander others.

That's why I thank everybody, because everybody has a point. :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

When the ChicagoVPS and BuffaloVPS (a reseller/customer of CVPS that went kaput, and was later acquired by CVPS and merged into CVPS) drama unfolded under LEA's leadership LEA made the decision to allow one or the other to be posted every single month. LEA did not ban anyone or any company.

Now lets fast forward to this scenario:

1. We have banned tdale
    2. We have banned UGVPS until further notice

No matter what way you look at it, that is a harsher penalty under less clear circumstance (no matter what anyone says, the Crystal/Tom thing is hazy as can be, especially knowing what Maarten and I know regarding Crystals involvement to allow Tom to skirt his non-compete with Network Solutions by using her persona).

And at the end of the day, if you are willing to look past all the smoke and believe fully that UGVPS and CVPS are one in the same then you still aren't any further ahead because each had been posted 5 or 6 times in the past 12 months (which is lower than companies like Iniz and the same as companies like Ramnode for example), not violating the 12 post per year limit for a single organization (a rule which will be examined more closely soon to cover future ownership/investment/partnership/you-name-it type situations.)

• @jbiloh That's still missing the point, to a degree. It's more an issue that buyers who may have had an issue with purchasing products from Chris/CVPS (for whatever reason) were potentially being mislead into thinking that UGVPS wasn't owned by the same man.

This discussion has been closed.