Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership

Comments

• Okay I will settle this once and for all BAN ME and get it all over with!!!!! I secretly run it all. I am the one who has done all this. I pull all the strings and say nothing. It is all my fault.

I have broad shoulders and can handle all the blame bring it on guys.

Thanked by 1Mitsuhashi
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

And now by natural way of events....

No, No, don't bame him, it was all my idea, i done it all by my self

• FUN TIMES!!

\0/

• @AuroraZ said:
    Okay I will settle this once and for all BAN ME and get it all over with!!!!! I secretly run it all. I am the one who has done all this. I pull all the strings and say nothing. It is all my fault.

I have broad shoulders and can handle all the blame bring it on guys.

BAN THIS GUY!

:)

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@Jack said:
    Me for "Shilling" and no.
    Ask Mr Kossen about it, I wasn't Shilling that's why its in speech marks.

I saw that review and I don't see how anyone could have thought it was shilling

Shilling would be when the reviewer fails to disclose a relationship that the site has with the company being reviewed, like the last LEB UGVPS offer where Maarten failed to put a disclaimer in the offer stating that Thomas Dale was an employee of ColoCrossing, the owner of LEB. My comment from that offer:

DomainBop said "Especially in the case of UGVPS. Thomas Dale, one of the owners of Warfront Cafe (the owner of UGVPS) is also an employee of ColoCrossing (as was stated by ChicagoVPS’s Chris Fabozzi in a thread on LowEndBox last week), and was previously an employee of ChicagoVPS. I’m sure that it was just an innocent omission that the offer writeup fails to disclose that one of the owners of UGVPS is also an employee of Colocrossing, the company that owns LowEndBox."

An even more clear cut case of shilling would be a thread on WHT entitled "Looking for VPS" where Jon Biloh pops in and shills for his best friend (a friend who only buys colo and services from Jon, so Jon directly benefits financially from recommending CVPS):
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7476574&postcount=8

JonBiloh said "ChicagoVPS - www.chicagovps.net, they offer Xen and OpenVZ based products."

and does it again in this thread (New VPS Host Recommendation? ):
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7594679&postcount=6

JonBiloh said "All I read about ChicagoVPS on LEB are positive things. They seem to be one of the very few VPS providers that have their act together."

and again:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1066365

JonBiloh said "Since you're looking for Xen I'd suggest ChicagoVPS.

http://chicagovps.net/xen.html"

...and several more times on WHT and a few other places.

• 4 pages in one day. \o/
    I need to be part of it, too. :)

And I did not know about this. So, it is new to me. If it is not for someone else, congrats, you are older than me here.

• @mpkossen said:
    Even if CVPS is guilty of lying or not being transparent, we have no policy against that. Even more so, there's like a whole load of other providers lying to you day in day out. If I were to ban everybody not telling the truth, there would be a lot of people to ban. Seriously, nobody would like that. Neither would I.

So, the morality of LET now in relation to provider posting their offer is "it is OK to lie to customers day in day out?"

• vRozenSch00n said: @mpkossen said: Even if CVPS is guilty of lying or not being transparent, we have no policy against that. Even more so, there's like a whole load of other providers lying to you day in day out. If I were to ban everybody not telling the truth, there would be a lot of people to ban. Seriously, nobody would like that. Neither would I.

@mpkossen's path to appease everybody publicly is untenable in cases like this. He has to take a stand and unfortunately in this case he seems to be leaning in the wrong direction. My best guess is that emotion is running high and he might reconsider his stand after some reconsideration.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • vRozenSch00n said: So, the morality of LET now in relation to provider posting their offer is "it is OK to lie to customers day in day out?"

Liars Endorsed Box™ and Liars Endorsed Talk™.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • eLohkCalb said: Liars Endorsed Box™ and Liars Endorsed Talk™.

Booo hooo hooo... I hope not.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2013

vRozenSch00n said: So, the morality of LET now in relation to provider posting their offer is "it is OK to lie to customers day in day out?"

I would prefer not so, absolutely. But they are doing it, it's obvious. I know for a fact that some are doing it. I would prefer to just ban them all. But I'm afraid it's going to be a tough ride in the beginning.

I've just banned @UGVPS and there's not going to be any offers from them any longer. If the ownership situation every gets resolved, we may reconsider this based on the circumstances at that time.

I've also decided to leave @Ash_Hawkridge alone for the time being. It's become clear to me that if I'm not going to ban everybody who is or may be deceitful (because the list would simply get too long) I can't continue my battle there, even though I still feel the situation is different.

tija said: @mpkossen's path to appease everybody publicly is untenable in cases like this. He has to take a stand and unfortunately in this case he seems to be leaning in the wrong direction. My best guess is that emotion is running high and he might reconsider his stand after some reconsideration.

I try to please everyone, but I can't. Sometimes you have to make the wrong decision for the right reasons or the right decision for the wrong reasons. People will blame me, but it comes with the position. I'm just going to have to accept that.

• mpkossen said: I try to please everyone, but I can't. Sometimes you have to make the wrong decision for the right reasons or the right decision for the wrong reasons. People will blame me, but it comes with the position. I'm just going to have to accept that.

If what you mean is "my hands are tied", then I understand.

I just hope that over time you would be able to apply the same rule to everyone.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • poof

It's like I was never even here

• Was it UGVPS that lied, or its owner? Why ban UGVPS and not its guilty owner? That's like throwing a thief's hand in jail while the rest of the thief runs around stealing stuff again.

• @Mitsuhashi: they have been banned because the ownership is unclear.

• mpkossen said: @Mitsuhashi: they have been banned because the ownership is unclear.

So it's ok for one provider to post with multiple accounts/companies as long as the ownership situation is clear?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@mpkossen said:
    Mitsuhashi: they have been banned because the ownership is unclear.

Thomas Dale is still active http://lowendtalk.com/profile/tleo

edited to add: Tom is showing the same type of "honesty" on his DigTheMine.com hosting site that he showed with UGVPS. He has "BBB accredited" and "Verisign secured" logos at the bottom of his site and isn't a BBB member and is using a GoDaddy SSL not a Verisign SSL. Way to go, 2 trademark violations!

• I wonder how @Liam would have handled this situation. We miss him badly.

• bizzard said: I wonder how @Liam would have handled this situation. We miss him badly.

That's unneccessary. I doubt Liam could have done much differently.

Thanked by 2ryanarp vRozenSch00n
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@bizzard I am sure those that are "untouchable" for whatever reason have their own member group where only @jbiloh can set ban. So I am sure @liam would do the same thing @mpkossen is doing. It is strictly business, it doesn't matter if hosts lie to your face. The protection of the members of the forum comes second always to the potential profit that can be raked in by exposure on this site.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Netsat
  • @ryanarp I agree, I remember somewhere @AnthonySmith mentioned that @jbiloh and @CVPS_Chris are friends, in this case, friend comes first. :)

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited December 2013

Nein Nein Nein! Wo is das Gott Verdammtes Popcorn?!

I had a good laugh here but in all honesty, it's just a bunch of drama for nothing.

• marcm said: I had a good laugh here but in all honesty, it's just a bunch of drama for nothing.

Hier ist der Popcorn mein Führer! :P

• vRozenSch00n said: Hier ist der Popcorn mein Führer! :P

Ich bin nich der Fuhrer, aber danke shon fur dehn Popcorn mein freund!

I need to brush up on my German a bit, I used to speak, read and write to perfection :-)

• marcm said: Ich bin nich der Fuhrer, aber danke shon fur dehn Popcorn mein freund!

I need to brush up on my German a bit, I used to speak, read and write to perfection :-)

Yes, it is easier to listen than to write in German :P

• DomainBop said: Thomas Dale is still active http://lowendtalk.com/profile/tleo

Not anymore :-)

Nekki said: That's unneccessary. I doubt Liam could have done much differently.

Indeed, I think that as well.

• But for some reason, I like @Liam more. @mpkossen No offence meant. Just my personal opinion.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Rock and a hard place, cut him some slack.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @bizzard said:
    But for some reason, I like Liam more. mpkossen No offence meant. Just my personal opinion.

If you're not intending to offend, you should just keep it to yourself. How else would you expect someone who's been getting hammered from all sides to take a comment like that?

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n ryanarp
  • Its> @Nekki said:

If you're not intending to offend, you should just keep it to yourself. How else would you expect someone who's been getting hammered from all sides to take a comment like that?

+1. Such irrelevant and offensive comments are unwarranted.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
This discussion has been closed.