Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• CopperCopper Member
    edited March 2023

@Hxxx said:
    Windows VPS? @Copper , I got you. BuyVM if budget . Vultr if premium.

Otherwise Azure for premium premium.

Yeah Windows! I've no clue all I want to do it run Discord and be "Online" 24/7 (now Edge not Chrome) but every VPS I have tried don't like Discord it seems 100% CPU utilization.

Currently trying Hyonix and the same 5th provider. How come Discord eats server CPU but on my PC its 0.1% lol

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • @Copper said:
    So... where did everyone move too? lol. checked out BuyVM but OOS - need a replacement Windows VPS and ready to start all over, will definitely make backups this time though

I was on my way to move everything to BuyVM until I found out that their shared hosting does not support ipv6, so VPS's went to Hosthatch and the webhosting moved to hostmedia.uk and Inleed.

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • Oh well, I've noticed my backups vanished only just now :(
    Filed a PayPal chargeback, but money aside, really don't feel like going through the searching for a new provider and a VPS setup.
    Too much on my plate as it is.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

So, is there anything left online at NexusBytes?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

Bruh, everything is online https://heartbeat.nexusbytes.com/

Seems like domain and this static hosting is still paid. Smallweb domain died however :(

• For what it's worth: PayPal approved a full refund pretty much instantly. I was on a yearly plan and renewed in January.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 2023

@MannDude said:
    So, is there anything left online at NexusBytes?

I think that the email service (resold from MXroute) is still working (but that everything else is gone)

• @JabJab said: Bruh, everything is online https://heartbeat.nexusbytes.com/

This page is a bit unsettling. It's like going to a funeral and as soon as you get to the casket you hear "Ever wondered if we're alive? Check my heartbeat"

Thanked by 1Calin
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@DP said:

@Copper said: need a replacement Windows VPS

Take a look at Hyonix.

Is this by someone with prescence on LET? It looks good pricing-wise, but I see a lot of errors throughout the website, just wondering if you have some experience with them before trialling it! :smile:

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@iKeyZ said:

@DP said:

Take a look at Hyonix.

Is this by someone with prescence on LET? It looks good pricing-wise, but I see a lot of errors throughout the website, just wondering if you have some experience with them before trialling it! :smile:

+1 for hyonix.com still using them from last 2 years and can say nothing can go wrong with this provider100% uptime @feezioxiii is the one from hyonix.com

Thanked by 2iKeyZ feezioxiii
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited March 2023

@ManishPant said:

@iKeyZ said:

@DP said:

Take a look at Hyonix.

+1 for hyonix.com still using them from last 2 years and can say nothing can go wrong with this provider100% uptime @feezioxiii is the one from hyonix.com

Thanks for the recommendation - I'll be sure to give them a go

edit: maybe not - they're completely out of stock at the moment!

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • bdlbdl Member

@iKeyZ said:

@DP said:

Take a look at Hyonix.

where are the errors on the website?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@bdl said:

@iKeyZ said:

@DP said:

Take a look at Hyonix.

where are the errors on the website?

Only grammatical/spelling errors - in the features/faq area. Will send a PM over to @feezioxiii in a bit with them :smile:

Thanked by 2bdl feezioxiii
  • Wonder if I could ask a question or two, please? :)

I am aware of the situation with NB and am not happy... however, it happened and I need to move on. I have 3 domain regs and an email package for the domains, no webpage.

I am not 'tech'savvy' when it comes to websites / hosting.

My email is still active thanks to @jar... I just have no idea what the status is for the domain regs. I renewed in Jan, so I'm paid until next year, and that's why I have the email package (for those domains). This is for personal use, I don't have a business.

I was with domain.com before and for the most part was ok, but they limited the number of email addresses allowed (NB didn't).

Anyone know of a cheap email host that I could look at that would be less than say $30.00/year? I'm looking but was in the hospital for a week and am trying to catch up on other things.

Thanks, and have a great day :)

PS... can anyone still access the DirectAdmin panel? If so, how do you do it? Thanks again :)

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

Hiya @Robrenta13 There's 28 pages of discussion here to sift through, but let me try to save you some time.

First the domain registrations ... I cannot remember the exact details, but early in the thread people were reporting success with contacting NameSilo, who is the underlying registrar that NB used and eventually recovering their domains. So check WHOIS to confirm that your domain(s) are registered with NameSilo and give them a shout either on their chat or via email at [email protected].

As far as the email, @jar has made it clear that anyone with active service will be notified before their email service is terminated. My guess is that NB had prepaid, so Jar is being mum on the details likely for legal reasons. But it will end, at some point in time. Knowing Jar, he will eat the cost so as not to abandon his clients, as reseller clients are his clients as well, just not directly. So watch your emails closely.

Of course, anyone may pick up and move to another provider at any time, including another reseller. There are two resellers who I am aware of that have said that they would price match NB for at least the first year if you wish to move before Jar notifies you of options that you may take to either remain as a client of MXroute, or one of their resellers hassle free. I am one of them.

Good luck with NameSilo. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. You mentioned not being extremely tech savvy, so feel free to reach out if you need help.

Oh, and your PS... are you asking about email? Depending on which server you are on it will either be https://lucy.mxrouting.net:2222/ or https://safari.mxrouting.net:2222/. All of the web hosting servers are long gone IIRC.

• Hello @alento, and thanks for the reply. I'll reply via dm.

Have a great week :)

@alento said:
    Hiya @Robrenta13 There's 28 pages of discussion here to sift through, but let me try to save you some time.

• ThyTeThyTe Member

People are saying that Jay passed away... is it true?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ThyTe said:

Hm, where did you hear/get that from?

Who are these "people"?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2023

@ThyTe said:
    People are saying that Jay passed away...

Proof of this, or it's just you saying it with a malicious intent to generate more drama.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ThyTe said:

No congrats on your first post since May 2021

• LeviLevi Member

@ThyTe said:

Is this a bad joke? Never joke about mans health, womans, kids and money.

edited May 2023

@ThyTe said:

He's alive.... He blocked me on Facebook a few weeks back when I posted something asking if he was doing okay.

Someone else said he's been streaming from their Plex server with some frequency.

Was also reported privately that he updated his FB picture and stuff in the last couple of weeks. (Since I've been blocked) He looks well and healthy in the photo.

He's not dead. Maybe just dead to the friends who stuck their neck out there and tried to defend him early on.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2023

@MannDude said:

@ThyTe said:

He's not dead. Maybe just dead to the friends who stuck their neck out there and tried to defend him early on.

Well he did scam a lot of customers and fans.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MannDude said:

@ThyTe said:

He's alive.... He blocked me on Facebook a few weeks back when I posted something asking if he was doing okay.

Someone else said he's been streaming from their Plex server with some frequency.

Was also reported privately that he updated his FB picture and stuff in the last couple of weeks. (Since I've been blocked) He looks well and healthy in the photo.

What an ass. He's just revealing the person he truly is.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @MannDude said:

@ThyTe said:

LOOOOOL knew it

"mental problem" looool

Thanked by 2fluffernutter Void

@cybertech said:

@MannDude said:

@ThyTe said:

LOOOOOL knew it

"mental problem" looool

Well to be fair, technically, could still be mental issues. Mental issues can result in general isolation and behavioral changes like this.

Thanked by 2equalz emgh
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@cybertech said:

@MannDude said:

@ThyTe said:

LOOOOOL knew it

"mental problem" looool

Quite possible, can vouch for this.
    You never know, even if the person appears to look healthy.

Thanked by 2MannDude Baris
  • @AlyssaD said:
    Does any know of his residence and asked the local police department for a welfare check on him?

If we are worrying that he has health issues, it seems like the right thing to do.

Depends if it's a mental health thing, police can actually be dangerous to people going through some> @MannDude said:

@ThyTe said:

Called it

• LeviLevi Member

Where are those scammer defenders? Hey, people, what now?

• Shame has been thrust upon the family. Great shame.