Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• @HalfEatenPie said:
    This is from Discord (props to RaidAndFade).

But wow @VirMach. I'd say this is poor taste. But hey up to you how you want to do it.

more notice to nexusbytes customers than from nexusbytes

• LOL @equalz, this is just too funny. @VirMach shared hosting server has been down for 2 months now. They are not answering their tickets and the billing system has a huge notice that they are aware of the outage and they are running ads to poach NexusBytes customers!

Thanked by 1nullroute
  • @mansoor said:
    They are not answering their tickets and the billing system has a huge notice that they are aware of the outage

To be honest, I think thats what theyre trying to jab at. Get the whole deadpool experience without it being an actual deadpool.

Thanked by 2RFord Void
  • @mansoor said:
    LOL @equalz, this is just too funny. @VirMach shared hosting server has been down for 2 months now. They are not answering their tickets and the billing system has a huge notice that they are aware of the outage and they are running ads to poach NexusBytes customers!

Yep! LOL

• @raindog308

Given how many people are always late to deadpool parties, maybe LET/LEB should have a Deadpool only notification email service.

• You know what, totally could have just been someone else dicking around and paying for ad space on that.

Lmao. If that's it then that's hilarious.

• Well, I'm just now hearing that Nexusbytes was in trouble. This, after having just paid for another year of Windows VPS (hosted in Maimi). I see there was a post up about how the London-based customers may have some hope for some help. Any chance that's true of Miami customers?

• @WATYF said:
    Well, I'm just now hearing that Nexusbytes was in trouble. This, after having just paid for another year of Windows VPS (hosted in Maimi). I see there was a post up about how the London-based customers may have some hope for some help. Any chance that's true of Miami customers?

No chance, I believe Miami was ReliableSite who advised they’re not going to get involved (and they’ve wiped and repurposed the machines by now anyway).

• @adly said:

@WATYF said:
    Well, I'm just now hearing that Nexusbytes was in trouble. This, after having just paid for another year of Windows VPS (hosted in Maimi). I see there was a post up about how the London-based customers may have some hope for some help. Any chance that's true of Miami customers?

No chance, I believe Miami was ReliableSite who advised they’re not going to get involved (and they’ve wiped and repurposed the machines by now anyway).

Yeah, I figured. I didn't keep anything important on there. More of an annoyance than anything.

Follow up, though.... are there any other hosts that use ReliableSite Miami in their VPS offerings?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@WATYF said:
    Follow up, though.... are there any other hosts that use ReliableSite Miami in their VPS offerings?

I have ReliableSite in Miami and Los Angeles. Send me your NB invoice and I'll see if I can get close to it.

Thanked by 1WATYF
  • Until now, my email hosting at Nexusbyte is still active and just extended on January 23, 2023, I don't know how long it will last :D

• @MikeA said:

@WATYF said:

I have ReliableSite in Miami and Los Angeles. Send me your NB invoice and I'll see if I can get close to it.

Thanks, man. PM sent.

• so what's the go with email hosting, mine's still working too? could it just disappear?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2023

@equalz said:
    so what's the go with email hosting, mine's still working too? could it just disappear?

@jar is spotting everyone a year I think. You should move to him directly.

Francisco

Thanked by 4adly jar equalz msallak1
  • @Francisco said:

@equalz said:
    so what's the go with email hosting, mine's still working too? could it just disappear?

@jar is spotting everyone a year I think. You should move to him directly.

Francisco

thank you! will do

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep

@mansoor said:
    LOL @equalz, this is just too funny. @VirMach shared hosting server has been down for 2 months now. They are not answering their tickets and the billing system has a huge notice that they are aware of the outage and they are running ads to poach NexusBytes customers!

You were Virmach'ed

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Awesome I just found that my websites are down and found this thread. Does anyone know if it is possible to get backups from somewhere? I'm completely lost

• @p3lo said:
    Awesome I just found that my websites are down and found this thread. Does anyone know if it is possible to get backups from somewhere? I'm completely lost

Unfortunately not. This is a shit situation, there would be so many people who don't frequent LET or have any warning about this.

The usual suggestions in your case would be to use a mixture of your most recent backups along with anything from wayback machine, etc to rebuild and take off again.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @p3lo said:
    Awesome I just found that my websites are down and found this thread. Does anyone know if it is possible to get backups from somewhere? I'm completely lost

Business is deadpool. Provider is out. No backups possible. If you can, ask for refund from your bank.

Thanked by 2MannDude emgh
  • I was also damaged by NB fallout, my yearly shared hosting plan was due for renewal on April. But on the other side, I had 5 months of free hosting before signing up for a paid hosting plan. And Jay helped me a lot to set it up long before getting a single cent from me.

It wasn't a big deal since I had a 3 day old backup locally stored, just wished there was a termination notice for everyone involved, how long it could take to do that, like fifteen minutes to write it and send it off?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@foxtare said:
    I was also damaged by NB fallout, my yearly shared hosting plan was due for renewal on April. But on the other side, I had 5 months of free hosting before signing up for a paid hosting plan. And Jay helped me a lot to set it up long before getting a single cent from me.

It wasn't a big deal since I had a 3 day old backup locally stored, just wished there was a termination notice for everyone involved, how long it could take to do that, like fifteen minutes to write it and send it off?

Issue is, if there was someone at the helm to send that notice it’s likely none of this would have eventuated.

Not an unreasonable expectation though, glad you had recent backups.

• sad to see these guys go down... everything hit the fan on my particular vps on the feb 15th... (Miami) fortunately I had backups that were pulled down automatically a few hours beforehand but i completely missed the thread here about things blowing up in the background... Second vps provider that self destructed within 2 years that I've been on at the time of failure.

Only make the mistake of not having backups once...makes me wish that my internet was fast enough (mostly upload limited) that I could get away with self hosting the few services that I do...

• xyl0nxyl0n Member
    edited February 2023

can someone drive to that guy and kick him in the ass that he brings back the service online? I am pissed, my server is down (NL), just mad a payment and i am not in the region to kick his ass by myself.

• @xyl0n said:
    can someone drive to that guy and kick him in the ass that he brings back the service online? I am pissed, my server is down (NL), just mad a payment and i am not in the region to kick his ass by myself.

There was already a timeframe to get backups. You are just late. It's gone.

• @BilohBucks said:

@xyl0n said:

There was already a timeframe to get backups. You are just late. It's gone.

did i said anything about backups? he better should get backup

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@xyl0n said:

The cost of driving to Times Square from my location includes:

• rental car $350 including insurance
    • fuel $120
    • toll $80
    • parking $50
    • hotel $1200
    • meal per diem $600

After you pay the cost in full, I'll drive.
    I'll wait in Times Square for 12 hours.
    If NexusBytes shows up, he will be kicked.

• @yoursunny said:

@xyl0n said:

• fuel $120
    • toll $80
    • parking $50
    • hotel $1200
    • meal per diem $600

great, who is with him, we can build a team for this!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited February 2023

@yoursunny said:
    hotel $1200
    meal per diem $600

This is for 24 hours or 30 work days? I prefer you to wait for him entire month, each day at minimum of 11 hours. Rain, snow, wind, no matter what. You will be putting person on the radar. Questions to ask:

1. How's family doing?
    2. Did you finally got that milk from store?
    3. Where is the button for disaster recovery?
    4. Can I take selfie with you?
    Thanked by 2yoursunny adly
  • @xyl0n said:

@yoursunny said:

@xyl0n said:

• fuel $120
    • toll $80
    • parking $50
    • hotel $1200
    • meal per diem $600

great, who is with him, we can build a team for this!

would prefer not to be stuck in a metal box with LETters for lengthy amount of time