Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥 - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥

Comments

• @jmaxwell said: One of the domain was registered in 1999 so after changing domain, OP could write “Online since 1999” on the forum.

Why not take a friendly name, like "hosting" or "TopHosting", there are free zones?

• @cybertech said: i offer $7

i offer 35 push-up's

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I don't know if anyone has noticed, that forum seems to be penalized by google, there is almost no traffic to forum. To get it value in google, you will end up spending lots money and time. No offense @Offshore_Solutions, but you should understand that anyone who wants to buy must see some real value, just numbers provided by will not work.

• @Saahib said:
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, that forum seems to be penalized by google, there is almost no traffic to forum. To get it value in google, you will end up spending lots money and time. No offense @Offshore_Solutions, but you should understand that anyone who wants to buy must see some real value, just numbers provided by will not work.

I think everyone knew it already but was just being nice

• It depends of the niche and the quality of the discussions and participants.

• Just use this, much faster
    https://fakerphp.github.io/

• @JasonM said:
    WTF
    its my username too have been registered here
    https://hostboards.com/profile/JasonM

lol. never knew hostboards existed. Now the real number of legitimate users might be only 3000 or 300 out of 3.7 Million!!

Nothing added, that's what's in the database for "Liso" "JasonM" which is a common 4 letter 6 letter username.

• the website is rubbish, the ads are obnoxious. speaks a lot about OP. btw I don't believe your numbers knowing that you openly exploit writers for 1 dollar a post. then there is a big chance you will make up stories.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • edited December 2023

@sitss said:
    the website is rubbish, the ads are obnoxious. speaks a lot about OP. btw I don't believe your numbers knowing that you openly exploit writers for 1 dollar a post. then there is a big chance you will make up stories.

Why are the ads obnoxious? It's not running Adsense so you are referring to a simple header & footer ad?

At it's lowest point, Lowendtalk.com was in trouble the same way. Jon Biloh turned LET around.

HostBoards just needs an imaginative new owner to do the same.

Thanked by 1loay
  • @Offshore_Solutions said:

@sitss said:
    the website is rubbish, the ads are obnoxious. speaks a lot about OP. btw I don't believe your numbers knowing that you openly exploit writers for 1 dollar a post. then there is a big chance you will make up stories.

Why are the ads obnoxious? It's not running Adsense so you are referring to a simple header & footer ad?

At it's lowest point, Lowendtalk.com was in trouble the same way. Jon Biloh turned LET around.

you are the imaginative one.

Thanked by 1sitss
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

How or why is Offshore Solutions not banned for all those fake accounts? I am voting for a permanent ban.

@sitss said:

I do admire you, honestly. Cause you live on a world of your own. Keep it going, prove people around you they're wrong. Salute!

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2023

I mean HostBoards.com is a website whose growth is artificial and has "grown in size" through bad (for the owner) forum acquisitions.

The real value of a forum is the traffic and userbase, not the number of empty posts. In almost 20 years the site has "3 million views" is... leaves a lot to be desired.

@Offshore_Solutions said: At it's lowest point, Lowendtalk.com was in trouble the same way. Jon Biloh turned LET around.

At LET's lowest point LET still had users who came through. HostBoards is a Frankenstein of other dead forums stitched together with no real strategy or growth plan with the hope that sooner or later someone will buy it out.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • $7

• edited December 2023

About 5 topics that actually have people posting and out of that every second account is banned!? End of page 2 is already 2022 and the whole thing is just butt-ugly.

Not sure why anyone would try to save this. It's an uninspired LET ripoff without users. Maybe you should change the board topic to snorkeling so you have at least some kind of niche and can make a new topic "LET-style snorkeling board for sale (includes 2 exploited Indians and 3699998 banned accounts)".

• edited December 2023

@FAT32 said:
    for all those fake accounts? I am voting for a permanent ban.

I purchased the forum that way, didn't create any fake accounts. It was the combination of 3 forums and my investigation has lead me to believe a database from WHT from 15-20 years ago was added. I found online references to a leaked WHT database that seems to match up.

@totally_not_banned said:
    About 5 topics that actually have people posting and out of that every second account is banned!?

Yes, I don't know why there are so many spam accounts that join. I just keep banning them.

This forum has been reduced to to $2,800

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@sitss said:

If you intend to have only header and footer ads, this means the website is infected by a virus that injects full page splash screens.
    The last time I see such splash screens is on popcorn site.

Screenshot at 2023-12-06 03-11-24

• @yoursunny said:

If you intend to have only header and footer ads, this means the website is infected by a virus that injects full page splash screens.

Thank you, Virus infection, working on this now.

• Virus Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥

• @jmaxwell said:

Virus Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥

"i didnt know i bought it this way"

@yoursunny said:

You don't visit your own site? You noticed nothing? You yourself is disinterested?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited December 2023

OP said:
    Hosting Forum For Sale

Thanks no, not even for $7.

More sensible question: how much are you willing to pay to the victim you're looking for?

• What a hilarious shit show!!

• @sitss said:

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@yoursunny said:

You don't visit your own site? You noticed nothing? You yourself is disinterested?

I visit on a mobile phone where I can not see these splash page ads. Yesterday morning I banned a spammer but saw no virus ads. Perhaps I'm running a pop-up blocker.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited December 2023

I don’t think other bids are serious so ignoring them for now. I bid $0.01 to take it off your hands. Ready when you are.

If you can’t advertise for sale on your own site, that tells you its value.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • The best I can go is $150 just because of your DomainAge

• edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:

Thanks again Sunny for pointing this out!
    My System Admin found a script injected into the header of the website. It's now been removed & passwords changed.

@huntecop said:
    If you can’t advertise for sale on your own site, that tells you its value.

It is advertised on my own site, both in the past & in a new updated ad.

• davidedavide Member
    edited December 2023

I can pay 500 Italian liras for the whole package, if I remember where I tossed that coin. Current market price has this coin ~= 1 trillion Zimbabwean dollars. It's a piece of history that you've got to own. It is culture that affords a keen businessman the intelligence necessary to dominate and win any trade deal.

Seller pays shipping cost of the coin from Italy to a mud hut in Uttar Pradesh.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • edited December 2023

I think i've still some old Burger King coupons floating around somewhere.

Thanked by 10xOkami