Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥 - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥

Comments

• Thanked by 3Void SinV CheepCluck
  • FUD. Ignore and continue bid until morale improves.

• OK, if you won't tell us the number of active users, how about just the number of users who have ever logged in, even just once?

• MS said:

Since 2004
    3 million bots

• Hostboard.com might be worth 5k. But wtf hostboards.com? It's just one board.

• I'd actually consider buying it with more information tbh - not at 5k though lol

• No chance this forum is worth 5k as there's no https://hostboards.com/profile/Rockster profile.
    I don't know what you are thinking skipping my name.

• @WebProject said:

@chria838373 said: On a serious note - 3.7m users?

how many of them bots or artificially created?

and how many are daily active or monthly active users? Raw number of users in the database is meaningless.

Thanked by 2WebProject SinV
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Daniel15 said: and how many are daily active or monthly active users?

at 29,600 posts and even though the majority are from 2006 or earlier let's be generous and say that you could easily delete 3,685,000 users to leave you with c15,000. That would have zero impact and you still have users left that have never logged in or posted.

No way there are more than say 250 active full stop.

• i offer $7. would offer more if it came with proper paid forum platform.

• The valuable asset to the forum isn't it's domain name or it's posts. A real value to a website is the traffic.

This forum has no traffic. All metrics shows that this forum has no major regular traffic/active users that makes it worth 1000 dollars, much less the 5k originally requested. I think the guy who sold the domain to you for 1k was the person who won.

Basically... I'm sorry to say but what everyone else says is pretty much correct/true. LET is definitely not the right forum to sell your website but everyone else is going to say the same thing, that website isn't an asset that's worth 5k. It's worth about 200 dollars to hyperlink the shit out of and use for SEO link farming.

Thanked by 2SinV chria838373
  • @HalfEatenPie said:
    The valuable asset to the forum isn't it's domain name or it's posts. A real value to a website is the traffic.

This forum has no traffic. All metrics shows that this forum has no major regular traffic/active users that makes it worth 1000 dollars, much less the 5k originally requested. I think the guy who sold the domain to you for 1k was the person who won.

Basically... I'm sorry to say but what everyone else says is pretty much correct/true. LET is definitely not the right forum to sell your website but everyone else is going to say the same thing, that website isn't an asset that's worth 5k. It's worth about 200 dollars to hyperlink the shit out of and use for SEO link farming.

Have you eaten a full pie recently? You'll be needing the ULTIMATE weightloss guide! Join us at www.tubbypieeatersbegone.com using code chria838373 to get 69% off

• A Nigerian prince wants to buy this for 100 million dollars. If you are ok with it then I can give you his contact.

Thanked by 3SteveMC bulbasaur ralf
  • @Lee said:

at 29,600 posts and even though the majority are from 2006 or earlier let's be generous and say that you could easily delete 3,685,000 users to leave you with c15,000. That would have zero impact and you still have users left that have never logged in or posted.

i don't think he bought a forum. more like bought just a database.

• @cybertech said:

@Lee said:

Yeah, the price I'd offer would take starting from scratch into account, 3.6999m fake users is just going to land you in spam lists before your first email campaign finishes

Although I haven't heard anything more about it so I shall leave it unless @Offshore_Solutions wants to discuss it privately :)

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2022

@chria838373 said:

@cybertech said:

@Lee said:

Yeah, the price I'd offer would take starting from scratch into account, 3.6999m fake users is just going to land you in spam lists before your first email campaign finishes

Although I haven't heard anything more about it so I shall leave it unless @Offshore_Solutions wants to discuss it privately :)

taking into account amortization since 2006....$7 is a very good offer.

btw owner of a successful 3M user forum wont need to come advertise.

Thanked by 1chria838373
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2022

@chria838373 said: starting from scratch into account

That is all you could do with it. Remove all the users that have never posted, or never been active. That will leave with a few hundred. Try and revive it from there. Assuming there is at least a decent level of traffic that would allow you to try.

It's a challenging little side project for someone at best. For the effort required, $250 at most. And even then I am doubtful you actually own the content, I suspect there is more to it.

• @Lee said:

@chria838373 said: starting from scratch into account

That is all you could do with it. Remove all the users that have never posted, or never been active. That will leave with a few hundred. Try and revive it from there. Assuming there is at least a decent level of traffic that would allow you to try.

It's a challenging little side project for someone at best. For the effort required, $250 at most. And even then I am doubtful you actually own the content, I suspect there is more to it.

Yeah, to be honest I'd quite like to see a fair and open place for the stuff slightly out of the low end bounds - as much as I enjoy here and LES its missing many quality providers due to price limitations!

If I did do something I'd follow the LES community led approach without the WHT dictatorship vibes. Certainly wouldn't want to keep everyone's handle hostage though 😝

That being said - I don't actually want to do it myself - so if anyone does.... feel free to make one and I'll happily throw some offers and content your way in my free time 😀

• @chria838373 said: Have you eaten a full pie recently? You'll be needing the ULTIMATE weightloss guide! Join us at www.tubbypieeatersbegone.com using code chria838373 to get 69% off

Careful there now. You're giving NordVPN a run for their money

Thanked by 1chria838373
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@chria838373 said: Yeah, to be honest I'd quite like to see a fair and open place for the stuff slightly out of the low end bounds - as much as I enjoy here and LES its missing many quality providers due to price limitations!

Years ago I stumbled across https://hostingdiscussion.com

I haven't been back there in years but just peeked and at a brief glance, I see recent ads/offers and discussion. I remember it as a polite place, but again it's been quite a few years so YMMV. It's XenForo.

• @Offshore_Solutions said: Just the domain "Hostboards.com" cost me $1,000 approximately 10 years ago (all by itself)

What you paid for something a decade ago isn't really relevant to what others consider it to be worth now (or even then, in fact). A seller's sunk costs are not something that any buyer in their right mind will care about.

$1K seems rather high for that name IMO, unless you've been really winning at the SEO game and the name comes up near the top for relevant queries. Did you ever see sign of people genuinely just typing that directly into the address bar, or something sufficiently similar in a search box, to find and directly get to the place? It doesn't come up in the first few pages of a Google search for things like “hosting board” never mind things further away from the name like “hosting forum”.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions why were you thinking of changing the domain name again last year?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/please-review-choose-domain-host-boards.1238142/

• chria838373chria838373 Member
    edited November 2022

Years ago I stumbled across https://hostingdiscussion.com

I haven't been back there in years but just peeked and at a brief glance, I see recent ads/offers and discussion. I remember it as a polite place, but again it's been quite a few years so YMMV. It's XenForo.

You know, I've seen that before aswell! May have a glance tonight! Thanks @raindog308

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @hollowvi1 said:

What

Another scam you can buy lmao

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @raindog308 said:
    @Offshore_Solutions why were you thinking of changing the domain name again last year?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/please-review-choose-domain-host-boards.1238142/

One of the domain was registered in 1999 so after changing domain, OP could write “Online since 1999” on the forum.

• @dosai said:

@hollowvi1 said:

What

Another scam you can buy lmao

I didn't even pay to get kubbur anyways. Bro just handed it to me essentially.

• lowend forum sale.

• more like dead forum sale