Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥 - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Forum For Sale 🔥

Comments

• So you're telling me your board has exact same usernames with different emails so they must be different people?

Take the L and move along.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@JasonM said:
    out of Total Registered Users: 3.7M how many are active in the year 2022, that is logged in and made at least 1 post or 1 comment?

From the fact alone that current traffic levels where asked for multiple times and no reply/stats where provided, its easy to tell someting is "off".

The value is not in the users but in the content and domain.

For "communities" that sadly is the wrong. Unless you see this purely as a "SEO" type of website (In wich case, comparing to other community sites is quite the wrong metric).

It's deathly-hard to get a forum going from scratch.

This i agree with. However your forum will behave like its from scratch for the most part. Why you ask? Because regardless content was scraped from third parties (as some of the statements by others appear to suggest) or from "merging" different forums - In the end, none of these users are active. Worse, the "aggregating" of accounts gets you into a situation where a user may want to sign up and their username is taken (while having 0 posts and no way for the user to recover due to lack of data points such as valid email addresses).

Just the domain "Hostboards.com" cost me $1,000 approximately 10 years ago (all by itself) but that value would never be appreciated here. As others suggested, I'll try to sell it elsewhere.

Good luck - You will need it :smile:

• He really thought someone would pity purchase it for 5k due to that mastodon drama he cooked up.

Thanked by 1Liso
  • @jmaxwell said:
    He really thought someone would pity purchase it for 5k due to that mastodon drama he cooked up.

I'd pity purchase it for 5,000 denar.

• 5k INR
    Oh, and the servers also should be included.
    And 20 years of bills for them should also be paid.

Thanked by 2CheepCluck yoursunny
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited November 2022

@Otus9051 said:
    5k INR

That’s free with extra steps. Typical Otus

Thanked by 1Peppery9
  • JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

Offer stands

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited November 2022

@CheepCluck said: So what about @angstrom ? Do they have a blog or is it something else this time?

He was so impressed with his moderation at LET that he wanted to reserve his nickname at own forum in case @angstrom one day come to claim it.

@Offshore_Solutions said: The other forum was a domain/webmaster forum. I'm guessing that an old scraping of users from LET could have been added by the sellers of one of those forums I purchased & combined with Hostboards. The sellers never admitted to anything like that, but some sellers were kids who may have been shady.

There are also some newer LET members nicknames. Still have no idea why was @CheepCluck left out. That's just rude.

Thanked by 2angstrom CheepCluck
  • Oh wow, Chief registered in hostboards?
    https://hostboards.com/profile/Chief

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited November 2022

@Offshore_Solutions said: I do believe $5K is cheap for a forum with this many posts but LET is the wrong place to sell it.

You say this now when you're caught red-handed. I am wondering if you will try to sell it and scam people elsewhere.

• @jmaxwell said:

@Otus9051 said:
    5k INR

That’s free with extra steps. Typical Otus

Hey! I'm providing 5k upfront!?

• @Heinz said:

@CheepCluck said: So what about @angstrom ? Do they have a blog or is it something else this time?

He was so impressed with his moderation at LET that he wanted to reserve his nickname at own forum in case @angstrom one day come to claim it.

Just to confirm that I (like many others here) have never signed up on that forum!

Thanked by 2Ympker bulbasaur
  • ralfralf Member
    edited November 2022

Nothing added, that's what's in the database for "Liso" which is a common 4 letter username. Checkmark for "show email"

Is it? Is it really? LET is the only context I've ever heard of a Liso before.

In contrast, my user name which happens to be a common German name, isn't a member on your forum. Perhaps that's just because I registered on LET after the database was scraped. Then again, it wasn't registered on LET or LES until I got here, so maybe that doesn't prove much.

• So am I not pretty and cool enough to be included in your list of scraped usernames?

• @angstrom said: Just to confirm that I (like many others here) have never signed up on that forum!

Damn this hurts. And they still didn't make me one after they deleted a bunch. 😥

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • edited November 2022

@serv_ee said:
    So you're telling me your board has exact same usernames with different emails so they must be different people?

Nope, I'm not saying that, please take a second & read the entire post I made yesterday & posted below. The main 3 points being:
    1) I purchased several forums at different times and paid different people to combine them. I neither know how to combine databases nor how to scrape data. I've never personally scrapped any data.

2) Some of those sellers were kids, possibly shady. I realized yesterday for the first time when I noticed how many usernames match LET that apparently a seller had scraped usernames from an old version of LET & added them to his database before I purchased it (that is the only logical conclusion).

3) I wasn't aware these scrapped usernames existed in the database until you all pointed it out yesterday & at first, I didn't believe it was true. I would have to be dumber than a rock to sell a forum at LET if I was already aware that there were scrapped usernames from LET.

4) I've sent several site-wide emails to the users & never once did anyone from LET say, "How did I get on your email list, take me off." I've checked several usernames & so far none of the emails match LET'S. Without corresponding emails, the scrapped usernames are utterly useless in the database & will be removed. I'm guessing one of the sellers added scrapped names to make it look like him more users than existed.

Please take a second & read my conclusions from yesterday:

@corbpie said:
    It shows none of those users

Asked & answered:

@corbpie said:

Whats up with those users ^ no join date, last visit or activity... Did they create the accounts themselves or did the admin?

I combined several separate forums (HostBoards.com, WebmasterPost.com, etc, into one forum & transfered all users from vBulletin to Vanilla forum software.
    Recovered the database as much as possible after the hack.

When people are old like me, it's not easy to remember every detail of combination added to a forum over 18 years. That's a long time!

Along the way, there was at least 2 other vBulletin forums I purchased & added to HostBoards but I'm trying to remember. One was called ComputeForum.com & you can see it on Archive.org:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20070322223823/http://www.computeforum.com/

The other forum was a domain/webmaster forum. I'm guessing that an old scraping of users from LET could have been added by the sellers of one of those forums I purchased & combined with Hostboards. The sellers never admitted to anything like that, but some sellers were kids who may have been shady.

This is a guess. I don't have the know-how to combine databases, much less scrape usernames. I don't even understand why a usernames from LET without the corresponding emails would help anyone. I've never scraped anything to add to Hostboards & I've always had to hire developers to combine databases, recover from hacks, & switch to Vanilla.

I've sent many mass emails to the users of Hostboards & no one from LET has ever told me they received an email or asked how they got added. That means the emails from LET don't exist in the database.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited November 2022

WTF
    its my username too have been registered here
    https://hostboards.com/profile/JasonM

lol. never knew hostboards existed. Now the real number of legitimate users might be only 3000 or 300 out of 3.7 Million!!

• Since I am counted in the 3.7M users, I claim 1/3700000 of the sale price + $10K of penalty for using and exploiting my name without my authorization...

• @CheepCluck said:

@angstrom said: Just to confirm that I (like many others here) have never signed up on that forum!

Damn this hurts. And they still didn't make me one after they deleted a bunch. 😥

Even Angstrom’s email is public

• @jmaxwell said: Even Angstrom’s email is public

Hopefully thats also fake, especially since its publicly available.

• Coming up next, OP rage quits to LES and uses "LET Unfairness" as a selling point.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

The other forum was a domain/webmaster forum. I'm guessing that an old scraping of users from LET could have been added by the sellers of one of those forums I purchased & combined with Hostboards. The sellers never admitted to anything like that, but some sellers were kids who may have been shady.

I can give you time frame when it happened
    My username here is sevarica_hani but in the past it was just Hani
    I changed it to make it easier to tag servarica as users dont remember my name

in your forum I can see Hani user
    https://hostboards.com/profile/Hani
    but I dont see servarica_hani
    the change was done around Nov 2019

that means the scrapping happened before Nov 2019 and I assume when the scrapping process was done it did replicate all user names to one of your forums that you bought

That should answer all users that ask why they dont have their names in your forum , all of them created their account after the scrapping

• No profile for me and my account is 9 years old without a name change. Odd.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@HackedServer said:
    No profile for me and my account is 9 years old without a name change. Odd.

OK then the theory is not accurate as i see some accounts created in 2015 that are scrapped

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2022

Looks like some of the accounts are being deleted/removed.

Anyways, I highly doubt these were scraped because not everyone exists, and some of the accounts/users that do exist, didn't have the right capitalization.

For example, take a look at @cybertech, @FrankZ and/or @Neoon.

So I guess these accounts were manually created and assigned the "Registered Users" role, hence no joined date and visit count.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said: Just the domain "Hostboards.com" cost me $1,000 approximately 10 years ago (all by itself) but that value would never be appreciated here.

The problem is not that it isn't "appreciated" here. It's that you were asked really obvious questions and refuse to reply.

Instead you're spending a lot of time defending your strange numbers and bogus accounts.

As others suggested, I'll try to sell it elsewhere.

And you'll be asked the same questions there.

The community consensus is:

• all the content is 10+ years old
    • there's no activity
    • hence, little to no value

If you didn't know this to be true in your heart, you would already have smacked us fools down with answers to the questions and we'd all look like fools. You haven't. The obvious conclusion is that those numbers would paint a more accurate picture of the property's health and you don't want people to know the truth.

• swat4swat4 Member
    edited November 2022

@Offshore_Solutions

let's take a look on liver.org

this domain is cheaper than yours but it has a much better potential. Perhaps it is a good idea to build something there

edit: only 3 hours to go before you can grab it :#

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Here's a listing for a forum devoted to quad copters.

• Been around for 9 years
    • 9000 views a month

Asking $7500. Considering that Flippa's always grossly overinflated, they'd probably do handstands of glee for a third of that.

How can $5000+ possibly be justified in comparison?

https://flippa.com/11313296-a-10-year-old-drone-quadcopter-forum-with-9500-users-and-a-ton-of-posts-content-never-been-optimized-marketed-moderation-spam-has-been-controlled

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@SWS said:
    Offer stands

Alright ... @Offshore_Solutions ....here is my bid. I'll bid 250usd for the forum. (Valid 24 hours from the time of this comment).

• The thing is dead