Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Hosting Forum For Sale ๐Ÿ”ฅ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Forum For Sale ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Comments

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

$105

• @Offshore_Solutions said:
    Better to seek a forum with your own identity free from drama.

Surely this is saying people shouldn't buy your forum and instead make their own.

• @mikewazar said:
    Your figures make no sense. As mentioned above you have more registered users than views and 0.8% post rate (5.4k / 3.7M x 100)

@ralf said:

@Offshore_Solutions said:
    Better to seek a forum with your own identity free from drama.

Surely this is saying people shouldn't buy your forum and instead make their own.

Nope, referring to LES who's very existence is defined by it's opposition to LET.

Hostboards is low on drama.

• @patro said:

@Offshore_Solutions said:
    Online Since: April 2004
    Total Views: 3M
    Total Registered Users: 3.7M
    Total Topics: 5.4K
    Software: Vanilla

A question, how you have 3.7M registered users but 3M total views ? it means some users registered without even viewing forum once ?!

This list is going to get resold X times over for pennies.

• You quoted my post without a rebuttal

• edited October 2022

@mikewazar said:
    You quoted my post without a rebuttal

Please look again at the post where I answered you. Your rebuttal was posted above your question as Petro had asked a similar question

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited October 2022

Can I get a transparency report on how many bots there are in comparison to real users?
    Honestly most i can offer is a hoagie and a week old mozzarella stick.

@mikewazar said:
    You quoted my post without a rebuttal

Please look again at the post where I answered you. Your rebuttal was posted above your question as Petro had asked a similar question

No - you did not answer me, you dodged it.

Explain your 0.8% post rate.

• @CheepCluck said:
    Can I get a transparency report on how many bots there are in comparison to real users?

Elon Musk? Is that you? ๐Ÿ˜†

@CheepCluck said:

Elon Musk? Is that you? ๐Ÿ˜†

I'm his more cheaper brother from another mother.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions

@Ympker said:
    Fair point. Still, I thought it was worth mentioning this since the people who posted...(content writers) for your forum...

You're memory is good, I hired content writes from LES but we got one bad apple.

Didn't I also try to hire you from LES? You're a very good writer & my offer still stands. You only need to private message me with your requirements.

Thanks, but due to lack of time and too many other projects and duties, I'll have to decline.
    Good luck with this sale.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said: Two things happened. In approximately 2018 we were hacked when running on vBulletin. 2 or 3 years of posts & their views were permanently deleted.

As mentioned in the 1st post, WebmasterPost & HostBoards were running concurrently (in 20014 Archive.org I think you'll see that both forums existed). When we combined both forums into one, I believe that doubled our users but only kept the number of views from the first forum.

Your 3.0/3.7 figures are a red flag to any potential buyer. A ten year old would immediately question those numbers and your response will be "well, you can't trust those numbers" so why are you doing that? Present the numbers you know are accurate and if they want to know more, you can explain.

But really, who cares about total views since inception, even if you had the precise number? If I was a buyer, I wouldn't care how many people read your forum five years ago. I'd want to know what's like over the immediate past, and you do have those numbers:

1. how many unique daily visitors do you have on average? Say in the last 7 and 30 days?
    2. how long do they spend on the site?
    3. of the 3.7M, how many registered in the last 30, 90, 365 days?

If you don't want to share those numbers, any buyer who is going to plunk down four figures for your site will want to know why.

@Offshore_Solutions said: upcoming legal bills

In your original post, you linked to a post (or whatever Mastodon calls it) from Oct 16. That post by the Mastodon chief has no mention of a lawsuit, just grumbling about "a clear case of infringement". In fact, you're the only one talking about an "incoming lawsuit" unless I've missed an update.

Have you been sued or has a domain dispute been filed?

If not, why are you racing to sell everything you own?

Thanked by 3vero Void SinV
  • So the whole Mastodon thing was a way to drum up sympathy offers for your domain sale ?

Thanked by 2Void Liso
  • This is posted in service transfers, so the maximum price can be 2x recurring fee or $10, whichever is higher, so for a .com domain name I believe it should be around $22 maximum.

Thanked by 2yoursunny TimboJones

$160

• $169

$170

• I'd make a serious bid with more information about active users and traffic etc

• I assumed the 3M viewers were per day :confounded:

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

1. how many unique daily visitors do you have on average? Say in the last 7 and 30 days?

That's exactly the first thing I wanted to find out after reading OP's offer, but after checking a bit, decided that it's not even worth asking. But this should be the first metric to start offer with.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said: Hostboards is low on drama.

that's not all. With 3.7m users and just 29.6k posts since 2004, I have all I need to not even put the value at $1k.

Basically, all you are selling is a very old, inactive then, inactive now type of forum. You state that several years posts were destroyed but all that does is make it worse.

I visited the site and clicked on a few threads. 2006 was a big year for you, and still is as that is when most of your content was created. In other words, the majority of the posts you have contain useless, out-of-date information. That does not add but reduces the value.

If I was to email your 3.7m users, I suspect xx,xxx at the very best would reach an actual inbox.

I am not saying it has no value, it's just nowhere near $5k. You will get whatever someone is willing to offer and you are willing to accept. If you are holding out for $5k you won't be selling it.

It has nothing going for it as a forum.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @Lee seems you have an account already, how would you rate the experience?https://hostboards.com/profile/lee
    @SteveMC what about you?
    https://hostboards.com/profile/SteveMC

@Offshore_Solutions I'm going to withdraw the hoagie from my offer. I can offer a highly soiled sock as a replacement.

Thanked by 2Lee SteveMC
  • LeeLee Veteran

@CheepCluck said: @Lee seems you have an account already, how would you rate the experience?https://hostboards.com/profile/lee

As I would expect for the site. Dominated by content that is 15+ years old. Recent posts are largely spam, there are more adverts from the same small number of providers than any other content.

It's adrift. I mean if someone really put some serious work into it they may be able to steer it in a better direction but it's barely got a pulse.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • $172

• SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited October 2022

@CheepCluck said: @SteveMC what about you?

Definitively not "me".

Joined - Visits 0 - Last Active - Roles Registered Users - Thanked 0

No join date, never logged/no visit...

The ghosts of @Nekki and @deank are there too !!
    https://hostboards.com/profile/Nekki
    https://hostboards.com/profile/deank

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited October 2022

Everyone, put your LET username on there, and see if you had an honorary account made. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Seems they have a bone to grind with poor ol @raindog308 no honorary account for him. Angstrom however wins a free account.
    https://hostboards.com/profile/angstrom

@Offshore_Solutions Wheres mine? I wanna silently contribute.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited October 2022

@CheepCluck said: Everyone, put your LET username on there, and see if you had an honorary account made. ๐Ÿ˜‚

It looks like you do not have one ... :lol:

• @SteveMC said:

@CheepCluck said: Everyone, put your LET username on there, and see if you had an honorary account made. ๐Ÿ˜‚

It looks like you do not have one ... :lol:

That does it, the week old mozzarella stick is off the bargain table too!

• I chatted with Elon, and he told he was interested but, he wants to know how many fake accounts, first.