Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Hosting Forum For Sale ๐Ÿ”ฅ - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Forum For Sale ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

@SteveMC said: he wants to know how many fake accounts

No more than 5%. You can trust me.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Lee said:

@SteveMC said: he wants to know how many fake accounts

No more than 5%. You can trust me.

No more than 5% real users*

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • Whats up with those users ^ no join date, last visit or activity... Did they create the accounts themselves or did the admin?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @SteveMC said:
    I chatted with Elon, and he told he was interested but, he wants to know how many fake accounts, first.

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚

• edited October 2022

@corbpie said:
    Whats up with those users ^ no join date, last visit or activity... Did they create the accounts themselves or did the admin?

I combined 2 separate forums (HostBoards.com, WebmasterPost.com into one forum & transfered all users from vBulletin to Vanilla forum software.
    Recovered the database as much as possible after the hack.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@chria838373 said: On a serious note - 3.7m users?

how many of them bots or artificially created?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@corbpie said:
    Whats up with those users ^ no join date, last visit or activity... Did they create the accounts themselves or did the admin?

I combined 2 separate forums (HostBoards.com, WebmasterPost.com into one forum & transfered all users from vBulletin to Vanilla forum software.

I never created @yoursunny on either forum.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

Oh looks like I have an account too, but I've never registered on either of those mentioned forums :smiley:

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • Well fair to say that 3.7m users number aint it

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

@DP said:

@yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

Oh looks like I have an account too, but I've never registered on either of those mentioned forums :smiley:

Looking at your link, a fun detail is the "Visits 0" stat.

• Wait. I have an account there and I have not even posted something, not even a single GIF.

I was going to make an offer of $7, but I believe this guy owes me $7 for taking my username; just like many other companies owe me for using "default" configurations and "default" settings.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ยฃ3.50

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited November 2022

I am there too

https://hostboards.com/profile/heinz

I never created account on either of those forums.

• Op can you explain why some of let account appear in your forum?

• @Liso said:
    Op can you explain why some of let account appear in your forum?

You have one too!

Maybe it's just to "ease the transition" from LET to whatever this was called.

• I have an account too!
    OP can you DM me the email i have there?

• Damn it, why does everyone seem to have an account and im left out? :(

Thanked by 1BigDongLong
  • Op can you explain why is @CheepCluck left out?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2022

Plot twist: @jbiloh might plan to make a double of ourselves using some artificial intelligence which could mimic our neuron synapses and thinking, all with the obvious purpose of increasing the profits from existing providers.

• I have a snapshot of a forum from 2012, had the same amount of posts within a month.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2022

@CheepCluck said: Everyone, put your LET username on there, and see if you had an honorary account made. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yep, I'm there too. As others have said, I've never registered on either of those mentioned forums.
    So it appears someone might be up to some skullduggery.

EDIT: same username but not me.

• I love how OP went radio silent and stop responding here :D

• edited November 2022

@yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

@FrankZ said:

@CheepCluck said: Everyone, put your LET username on there, and see if you had an honorary account made. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yep, I'm there too. As others have said, I've never registered on either of those mentioned forums.
    So it appears someone might be up to some skullduggery.

I messaged you a screenshot of the profile and email, let me know if it's you.

Several have asked for the profile info, so far none of the emails have matched up so it's a similar name, not you. With 3.7 million users over 18 years, every conceivable username is likely taken.

I suspect some have signed up & forgotten.

Let me know if you want me to private message you the email on file to confirm.

@henix said:
    I have an account too!
    OP can you DM me the email i have there?

I have sent you that email via private message.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

How do you explain "my" account has zero visits and zero threads and zero comments?

• LeeLee Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said: With 3.7 million users over 18 years

Also seems that there was likely never any verification. The posts you lost in that hack probably benefitted the forum as they were likely spam for the most part.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I have an account too and it doesn't match any of my emails :smile:

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @Offshore_Solutions said: Several have asked for the profile info, so far none of the emails have matched up so it's a similar name, not you. With 3.7 million users over 18 years, every conceivable username is likely taken.

:D
    Just be honest here, we all know what the truth is.

• @Lee said:

@Offshore_Solutions said: With 3.7 million users over 18 years

Also seems that there was likely never any verification. The posts you lost in that hack probably benefitted the forum as they were likely spam for the most part.

You're correct that for several years, there wasn't verification.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

So did they scrape lowendtalk's users?

Sigh...

• @jbiloh said:
    So did they scrape lowendtalk's users?

Sigh...

And no honorary account for you :disappointed: