Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare $10 for 1 YubiKey. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare $10 for 1 YubiKey.

Comments

• @karanchoo said:
    I havnt recived the email .
    even though i have multiple buisness plans.
    Is this possible that region matters ?

No, it is not based on region. Most likely the offer was abused to oblivion.

• I guess I can use a Type-C/MicroUSB OTG dongle and use the YubiKey 5 NFC like YubiKey 5C NFC?

My phone does not have NFC

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2022

@TimboJones said:
    Given the emails with coupons have slowed down, I think all the early hoarders ruined it for the rest of us.

Possibly. :/

I was about to purchase 6. 2 for me, the other 4 for friends, they were very excited.
    No email yet, and I don't think it'll arrive. We'll see, maybe it will. Cloudflare is still listing the promotion so...

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I would have happily purchased 50-60, too bad it's only 10. Obviously not going to create accounts to circumvent limits, as that's what would kill it for everyone.

• tjntjn Member
    edited October 2022

@karanchoo said:

It can take up to a week to get the email I think. Mine took a few days.

Edit: typos.

@AlexBarakov said:
    I would have happily purchased 50-60, too bad it's only 10. Obviously not going to create accounts to circumvent limits, as that's what would kill it for everyone.

That's what people are doing I guess.

@tjn said:

@karanchoo said:

It can take up to a week to get the email I think. Mine took a few days.

Edit: typos.

1-3 days it seems as per Cloudflare's banner in the dashboard.

We'll see.

• People who signed up day 1 got theirs already but the rest are delayed for some reason.

They're looking into it:

@Erisa said:
    People who signed up day 1 got theirs already but the rest are delayed for some reason.

They're looking into it:

Done, thanks!

• No email received yet... :(

@elliotc said:
    No email received yet... :(

They replied to the email, they're working on it, should be sorted really faaaaaast!

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • 48h and no email :(

@sonic said:
    48h and no email :(

John from Cloudflare said it'll be fixed shortly... Hasn't been yet. I believe they just got a huge influx of orders, they probably had no idea it'd be like this.

Thanked by 2Erisa sonic
  • @MikePT said:

@sonic said:

John from Cloudflare said it'll be fixed shortly... Hasn't been yet. I believe they just got a huge influx of orders, they probably had no idea it'd be like this.

Probably majority of them is a reseller :D

Thanked by 2MikePT default

@Liso said:

@MikePT said:

@sonic said:

My thoughts exactly.

I'll be ordering 10, started with the idea of 2, but shared this with Brazilian friends and they also want it, so, in this case, it's pretty legit.

• On the bright side, this whole ordeal increases sales, and creates exposure for Yubico.

Thanked by 2MikePT netomx
  • This offer is not valid for:
    China, Afghanistan, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, Cuba, or Syria

https://www.yubico.com/support/shipping-and-buying-information/

They will not ship to these countries.

• @MikePT said:

@Liso said:

@MikePT said:

@sonic said:

My thoughts exactly.

I'll be ordering 10, started with the idea of 2, but shared this with Brazilian friends and they also want it, so, in this case, it's pretty legit.

Behind every nice promo, there always exist hoarder and scalper— in my country people will go to great length to abuse new user benefit, they will create countless of accounts just to claim the promo.

People like that is the worst, they ruined the experience for the rest of us whose casually enjoying a promo.

Just my thoughts.

• @Liso said:

@MikePT said:

@Liso said:

@MikePT said:

@sonic said:

My thoughts exactly.

Behind every nice promo, there always exist hoarder and scalper— in my country people will go to great length to abuse new user benefit, they will create countless of accounts just to claim the promo.

People like that is the worst, they ruined the experience for the rest of us whose casually enjoying a promo.

Just my thoughts.

Yes. But these people will always remain poor. They pay with their time of life for every account and every abuse. They are bound to remain poor and fighting for every penny when you think about it. It's quite sad for us, but deep down they feel happy; so at least there is something positive in all this.

For us, who won't get the offer, an opportunity will be created to buy these Yubikeys cheaper than official stores, from eBay later on, when we may create happy dreams for these poor souls of abusers, once they start selling.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@default said:
    On the bright side, this whole ordeal increases sales, and creates exposure for Yubico.

It does indeed.

@Liso said: Behind every nice promo, there always exist hoarder and scalper— in my country people will go to great length to abuse new user benefit, they will create countless of accounts just to claim the promo.

Just my thoughts.

If they blocked new Cloudflare to customers, it could prevent that, partially, but it seems that new accounts are also eligible... So yeah, that's what will happen. I'm not against poor people trying to make a small profit, I'm against companies and scalpers in general trying to.

edited October 2022

@default said: Yes. But these people will always remain poor. They pay with their time of life for every account and every abuse. They are bound to remain poor and fighting for every penny when you think about it. It's quite sad for us, but deep down they feel happy; so at least there is something positive in all this.

For us, who won't get the offer, an opportunity will be created to buy these Yubikeys cheaper than official stores, from eBay later on, when we may create happy dreams for these poor souls of abusers, once they start selling.

I'm confident they produced enough stock to last a few days, many thousands, they're certainly not losing money, considering the hw in cause, they're getting it pretty cheap, probably manufacturing it on their own.

What you wrote reflects my opinion.

Thanked by 1spr1ng
  • CabbageCabbage Member
    edited October 2022

Has anyone who have claimed during the weekends received the key? Seems like it is at that point where they received too many to handle, or catch up to it.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2022

@Cabbage said:
    Has anyone who have claimed during the weekends received the key? Seems like it is at that point where they received too many to handle, or catch up to it.

There must be an insane amount of requests for coupons. I already assume Yubico will ignore lots of requests as they can't possibly honour all.

I made the request 30 minutes after this thread was started on Friday. I received nothing so far. I am guessing Yubico is overwhelmed, as it was not expecting an abuse of this magnitude.

Strangely enough: the Cloudflare page is still there; therefore people can still request coupons with multiple free accounts. :smiley:

Thanked by 1MikePT

@default said:

@Cabbage said:

There must be an insane amount of requests for coupons. I already assume Yubico will ignore lots of requests as they can't possibly honour all.

I made the request 30 minutes after this thread was started on Friday. I received nothing so far. I am guessing Yubico is overwhelmed, as it was not expecting an abuse of this magnitude.

Strangely enough: the Cloudflare page is still there; therefore people can still request coupons with multiple free accounts. :smiley:

Yep that's why I'm thinking that they manufactured a huge stock. It can only be the case.

• FoulFoul Member
    edited October 2022

Requested mine Saturday - Got my coupon stuff last night. (I have a paid CF account fwiw)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Foul said:
    Requested mine Saturday - Got my coupon stuff last night. (I have a paid CF account fwiw)

So it's filtered. I have free account, I wait since Friday, and got nothing.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@default said:

@Foul said:

So it's filtered. I have free account, I wait since Friday, and got nothing.

I am paid and have not received anything. And my account pre-dates the time they became famous.

• @AlexBarakov said: I am paid and have not received anything. And my account pre-dates the time they became famous.

Yeah, not sure what the criteria is if it is being filtered.

• @default said: Strangely enough: the Cloudflare page is still there; therefore people can still request coupons with multiple free accounts. :smiley:

They updated the wording yesterday to include

Eligible customers must have an active zone or actively use Cloudflare Zero Trust. You may not claim this offer multiple times from the same email and this offer may be restricted to one email per account. Cloudflare may modify, limit, or discontinue this promotion at any time. Offer is subject to Yubico's terms.

And as far as I understand how they're approaching it, accounts created after the promotion went live aren't eligible.

@default said: So it's filtered. I have free account, I wait since Friday, and got nothing.

Assuming you "have an active zone or actively use Cloudflare Zero Trust", it's not filtered, it's just stuck for many people.

Still being worked on:

Thanked by 1default

I emailed them, here's the response:

Hi Miguel,

I've touched base with my team on this, and due to the high volume of interest we are receiving from this promotion, we are emailing out those coupons a little slower than initially expected.

Coupons will continued to be sent out today onward, and if you do not receive it today you will receive it by tomorrow. Please do follow up with me if you have not received it by end of day, tomorrow!

Good news.

Thanked by 1default
  • VirtFusionVirtFusion Member
    edited October 2022

Ordered on Saturday (Coupon mail took 2hrs to come through) and got this today.

Your order has shipped!
    Hello Phillip,

Your YubiKeys are on the way!

Below is your shipping confirmation and tracking information.

To check your order status or make changes to your order, click here

Thank you for being a Yubico customer.

Thanked by 1MikePT