Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes: still no answer after 2 months for a support ticket - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes: still no answer after 2 months for a support ticket

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jsg said:

@iKeyZ said:

@jsg said:
    FWIW: I kind of recently had a small issue, contacted NB support (ticket) and got a response quickly plus problem resolved.

It seems that NexusBytes is working fine but @seriesn seems to focus more on the technical side and/or other aspects rather than doing support himself - which is fine for me as long as it works well, and it does so far.

Out of interest, when was this?

@raindog308 said:

@jsg said: FWIW: I kind of recently had a small issue, contacted NB support (ticket) and got a response quickly plus problem resolved.

How recent was this? Just curious.

Just a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like the Benchmark King gets treated like royalty.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • VoidVoid Member

@Nekki said:

@jsg said:

@iKeyZ said:

@jsg said:
    FWIW: I kind of recently had a small issue, contacted NB support (ticket) and got a response quickly plus problem resolved.

It seems that NexusBytes is working fine but @seriesn seems to focus more on the technical side and/or other aspects rather than doing support himself - which is fine for me as long as it works well, and it does so far.

Out of interest, when was this?

@raindog308 said:

@jsg said: FWIW: I kind of recently had a small issue, contacted NB support (ticket) and got a response quickly plus problem resolved.

How recent was this? Just curious.

Just a couple of weeks ago.

So the neglect is for the peasants, noted

• zedzed Member

the dynamic here is so weird sometimes.. is there someplace else we should be scanning for people's experiences with providers?

i don't mind being the oddball, but i come here for 2 things: great deals and other people's experiences with those great deals to help me filter.

thanks for listening.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@zed said:
    the dynamic here is so weird sometimes.. is there someplace else we should be scanning for people's experiences with providers?

i don't mind being the oddball, but i come here for 2 things: great deals and other people's experiences with those great deals to help me filter.

thanks for listening.

The latter is only useful if detail is provided. 90% of these sorts of threads don’t provide detail, either because the OP believes his balls are so big that we’ll just take their word for it, or because actually, they’re being unreasonable.

There should be rules about ‘bitching’ threads IMO, with the burden placed on the accuser to provide sufficient detail, otherwise the thread gets canned/we turn it into a GIF party.

Thanked by 2yoursunny FrankZ
  • @jsg said:

Thanks! That sounds pretty reassuring.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said: Just a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting. Was this a technical or billing issue?

OP apparently has a billing issue...I'm wondering if perhaps staff can handle technical assistance but only Jay can sort out billing issues.

• zedzed Member

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

thanks for listening.

The latter is only useful if detail is provided. 90% of these sorts of threads don’t provide detail, either because the OP believes his balls are so big that we’ll just take their word for it, or because actually, they’re being unreasonable.

There should be rules about ‘bitching’ threads IMO, with the burden placed on the accuser to provide sufficient detail, otherwise the thread gets canned/we turn it into a GIF party.

even without the details i'm pretty comfortable in my ability to figure out what value to assign to the bitching, i don't need a swarm of shitbees trying to drown out opinions they don't like cuz providerX gave them a great handy once.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@zed said:

@Nekki said:

@zed said:

thanks for listening.

even without the details i'm pretty comfortable in my ability to figure out what value to assign to the bitching, i don't need a swarm of shitbees trying to drown out opinions they don't like cuz providerX gave them a great handy once.

Sounds like I’ve been picking the wrong providers.

• @MagniPhiCat said:
    We are waiting as much as we can...

Fail.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Nekki said:

What a bunch of BS. It seems you want to stir trouble.

@raindog308 said:

@jsg said: Just a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting. Was this a technical or billing issue?

Technical.

OP apparently has a billing issue...I'm wondering if perhaps staff can handle technical assistance but only Jay can sort out billing issues.

Quite possible but me not know about that.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jsg said:

@Nekki said:

What a bunch of BS. It seems you want to stir trouble.

You have misinterpreted my intentions. That Sir, was a simple joke, nothing more, nothing less.

Chill the fuck out, you miserable prick.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Although the OP (= @MagniPhiCat ) could have provided a bit more detail about his issue in the opening post, his basic complaint seems justified

By all signs, @seriesn acquired many customers from LET over the past several years, and while there's no expectation or obligation for him to continue to be active here, to go MIA from LET and not to answer some urgent tickets (such as the OP's) for weeks leaves one with a very mixed impression

Jay's last announcement about background personal issues dates from November 4th,

https://my.nexusbytes.com/announcements/12/Still-responding-to-ping-we-are-alive-and-not-on-life-support..html

where it sounded like things were looking better for 2022

In any case, it would be nice if @seriesn could do something about the urgent tickets before it's too late

Thanked by 4zed Logano adly coreflux
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2022

@angstrom said:
    Although the OP (= @MagniPhiCat ) could have provided a bit more detail about his issue in the opening post, his basic complaint seems justified

You have no idea if it’s justified as you don’t know what’s in the ticket and if it’s really HIGH PRIORITY.

Thanked by 1coreflux

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

You have idea if it’s justified as you don’t know what’s in the ticket and if it’s really HIGH PRIORITY.

Granted, I don't know for sure, which is why I said "seems justified"

The OP later clarified that it's a billing issue,

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3432757/#Comment_3432757

but -- yes -- he should have clarified this at the outset

In any case, this doesn't seem like a "hit and run" thread (new sign-up, starts a thread, then disappears), but I may be mistaken about this

In short, I'm taking the OP to have a legitimate issue, but admittedly, there's a small leap of faith required for this

(Independently of this thread, there have been other threads asking about unanswered tickets at NexusBytes, and @seriesn has been MIA from here)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

You have idea if it’s justified as you don’t know what’s in the ticket and if it’s really HIGH PRIORITY.

Granted, I don't know for sure, which is why I said "seems justified"

The OP later clarified that it's a billing issue,

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3432757/#Comment_3432757

but -- yes -- he should have clarified this at the outset

In any case, this doesn't seem like a "hit and run" thread (new sign-up, starts a thread, then disappears), but I may be mistaken about this

In short, I'm taking the OP to have a legitimate issue, but admittedly, there's a small leap of faith required for this

(Independently of this thread, there have been other threads asking about unanswered tickets at NexusBytes, and @seriesn has been MIA from here)

MTMTE

@Nekki said: MTMTE

Not sure how to interpret this in the present context (but never mind)

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

All will become clear in due course.

I also now know we would never have been friends as children :-(

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That sounds dramatic!

DuckDuckGo gives me

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_More_than_Meets_the_Eye

for "MTMTE", but I'm afraid that this is all new to me. :/

(But at least I had heard of the Transformers, so that's something! :) )

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That sounds dramatic!

DuckDuckGo gives me

Did you grow up in a household where all the toys were wooden and hand-made?

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That sounds dramatic!

DuckDuckGo gives me

Hey, we were pretty poor! My mum had to buy dry milk to mix with regular milk (50/50) so that there would be enough milk for us

I had some plastic dinosaurs and soldiers to play with, plus some Matchbox cars (which were my prize possessions)

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That sounds dramatic!

DuckDuckGo gives me

Hey, we were pretty poor! My mum had to buy dry milk to mix with regular milk (50/50) so that there would be enough milk for us

I had some plastic dinosaurs and soldiers to play with, plus some Matchbox cars (which were my prize possessions)

Well now I feel bad.

Can I send you some Transformers?

Thanked by 1Frameworks

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That sounds dramatic!

DuckDuckGo gives me

Well now I feel bad.

I had seen them in stores

By the way, are Transformers still a thing for kids these days?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That sounds dramatic!

DuckDuckGo gives me

Well now I feel bad.

They are very much a thing, for both kids and adults. Especially for adults.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said: Chill the fuck out, you miserable prick.

Welcome back, missed you x

Thanked by 2skorous FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

@Nekki said: Chill the fuck out, you miserable prick.

Welcome back, missed you x

You’re in the minority, apparently.

• @angstrom said:

By my observations, it's not Transformers these days that little children turn to. A number of them get satisfaction in doing stuff with VPSes and complain about them or providers. (That said: there are also quite a few adults among them)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Calypso said:

@angstrom said:

By my observations, it's not Transformers these days that little children turn to. A number of them get satisfaction in doing stuff with VPSes and complain about them or providers. (That said: there are also quite a few adults among them)

BANTZ

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said: You’re in the minority, apparently.

It's where I belong and have always been most comfortable.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • I don't get it. After the first month, you thought, "maybe my ticket will be answered soon," and pay for another month along with a prayer? Or did you prepay for 1 year without knowing the service level that you're going to get? How does one get into this situation?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

That sounds dramatic!

DuckDuckGo gives me

Well now I feel bad.

Yup

This discussion has been closed.