Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server

Comments

• @Netomx - pm me your email address they have on file. I'll get this chased up right with the DC.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    jarland.me goes to OVH in Canada (with 29.4% packet loss from London)

Yeah sorry, I can't leave things in place for two days. I have a migration addiction.

• @jarland - best to migrate it back, you wont have any more packet loss then. BTW following our discussion the other day, I have an update for you. I'll email you privately on that.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    Delimiter failed epically on the customer service front, part of that came because people don't read the term 'unmanaged' and then get upset when Delimiter's support refuse to help them install X software.

Not true. Most of that came because Delimiter picked clients money and after some time disappeared. This happened in Giles Anderson era.

Then starting on the 9th of November, the VPS service was completely unavailable. My websites have been down for 9 days. Delimiter.us still has not responded to any of my support tickets.
    I filed a complaint with Paypal and Paypal claimed they they could not refund a purchase for this type of service. Buyer protection my ass!
    Delimiter.us is a scam. They stole my money.
    I am still waiting for a refund from them, but they cannot issue a refund anyways, because their Paypal account is frozen (apparently because of the number of fraud reports Paypal has received from them).

Source: HaltingState, WHT

Two VPS down since 72 hours ago (Frankfurt) and nobody answer the tickets...really a disaster

Source: DanielBCN, WHT

I lived the same horror story with Delimiter before.... good tips... Stay away of them...

Source: RosenCruz, WHT

72 hours offline and still counting...

Source: Xumari, WHT

My VPS, hosted in Frankfurt also went down. I tried to contact them through support tickets and had no response. I also tried to contact them through the email [email protected] which bounced.

Source: adaptivessinc, WHT

My VPS went down 7 days ago and I was unable to boot from the virtual admin so I submitted a support ticket. Still no reply! Has anyone got any idea if the company is still running as they are taking my money each month but there does not seem to be any staff???

Source: Diffractional, WHT

These guys are a victim of being the single worst host I have ever dealt with. I've got a list of 53 hosts that I've left, these guys were by far the worst.

Source: BigWillyStyle42, WHT

i have 2 vps on delimiter
    all 2 payed for 1 year
    now from almost 3 weeks are off
    end thei not ansver back

Source: fastfrend, WHT

My VPS at delimiter.us has been down for several weeks.
    I desperately tried to contact delimiter by sending tickets and e-maiils to the only e-mail address that appears on their website ([email protected]).
    But I got NO answer !!

Source: Bart, WHT

...I thought that I should get my money back, because they provided no service at all. Opened a PayPal dispute.
    And of course lost it, because PayPal doesn't refund money on virtual goods.
    But!!! Delimeter escalated a claim within 3 hours to close my dispute!
    Wtf? They have people to fight again billing disputes, but they do not have enough people for support?

Source: crownvic, WHT

It has been 4 days since I opened up the 2nd support ticket asking for help, approaching 2 weeks since I first placed the order, and still no word for them, no VPS, and I am down $200.

Source: Ariolander, WHT

Of course it is a scam. Guys, just search for Yomura on this forum or elsewhere and you will find out how "good" is this company in hosting services. Delimiter is one of their companies. While searching, try to find another company, which is even worse. I think you will not find any. Don't understand how can someone still waste a time with them.

Source: lentak, WHT

For those who don’t know, Yomura Holdings went around buying up smaller/failing VPS providers. Each and every time customers have reported a real degradation in customer service and ticket response time, tickets not being answered, etc.
    Your VPS goes down, you can’t start it via the control panel, and tickets go unanswered.
    You eventually open a paypal dispute, but yomura reply to your ticket saying you’re basically an abusive customer who’s made good use of the service and support, and escalates the claim right away, making sure you can’t answer their accusations.
    Paypal don’t do refunds for services, so you’re shit out of luck anyway, even if they hadn’t lied blatantly.

Source: Gary, LEB

I've been with Delimeter for eight months now, and ~10 days ago, my San Jose VPS went offline. I logged into the VPSAdmin panel, and it indicated it was off, so turned it on. It still says it's on, but I can't get any access the the console/ssh, or any of the sites/ips on the server.
    I've checked their reports, and there's a "partial outage" reported for San Jose. My VPS can reboot, boot and shutdown, but it is otherwise unresponsive and inaccessible.
    What are my options? They haven't responded to a single one of my tickets (I've submitted two tickets) for over a week now.

Source: simonthemime, WHT

too bad , i havent receive any reply yet from their support , my vps is located at san jose and its been over 2 weeks since i can not log in into my vps. ,darn i have 7 website in there with days and days working time without any backup have made, at least please let me backup my data first

Source: blueyoung, WHT

Delimiter.us had my trust for a quite long time and, but sadly I have to admit that I am very disappointed right now. That's not a way how hosting company should work and treat it's clients.

Source: neph, WHT

Move and newer think about delimiter.us again. They are not fit to run a hosting company, that have now been proven time and time again.

Source: DYSW, WHT

I had submitted a ticket to Delimiter on November 19th about the issue, and about 9 days later, the ticket closed - with no response. I reopened the ticket with a reply, and there is still no response.

Source: Jakez834, WHT

I am unable to boot, reboot ... tickets get closed automatically after some days without reply.

Source: muhlba91, WHT

And now you're saying: Honestly this whole Delimiter scammed me thing is ridiculous. If you have a case, make the case and get them to formally respond to you. Paypal is not a medium to do that.
    We must live in some parallel universe.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • iKockaiKocka Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    Paypal is not a medium to do that.

What else can you do when nobody replies to your tickets for days?

@MarkTurner said:
    On the point about Paypal blocking Delimiter's account, this also absolute rubbish.

Really? Why did you send out the following email to customers then on 4/11/2010?

Many customers have contacted us to ask how they can continue to make pay using Paypal.

We have today enabled Paypal through 2Checkout. So if you wish to make a Paypal payment to us, choose 2Checkout as the payment method and then on next page you will see a Paypal button.

• Steve
  • @ikocka you have still not given me your information, I want to see the history of what happened between you and Delimiter.

@spirit - what are the dates on those? What year are we even talking about?

Do remember, I don't work for Delimiter, I work for their parent company. I am not here in an official capacity even though it seems to have evolved into acting as a go-between. I originally came here just to see more about what was going on in the VPS market, but was quickly identified as someone working for Yomura so that is why I put a disclaimer on my messages.

Someone has to help clear up the history as I have said before, Delimiter is not perfect. I am not here to defend their actions (or lack of), that is their responsibility. I will try to help clarify questions or channel information; but if you have a real issue with Delimiter then you must address it to them. Steve will take the time to investigate customers issues and I know has done this many times over the past 4 years, you just need to make contact.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

Mostly around 2010. Reports include disappearance of paid service at those locations: Frankfurt, Paris, San Jose.. Giles Anderson was in charge or atleast represented company at that time until he and customer service disappeared. Then after some short silence history repeated itself with guy named Steve Jones. And now after some longer silence you came. Friendly and nice... just like Giles and Steve before. I am wondering how this will end, but I am not buying that Steve care. If he would care he wouldn't pick money from so many people and disppeared with it.
    I wish to have old v1 and v2 lowendtalk backups.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @Spirit - Giles acquires the companies, usually sends out the first email to customers telling them whats happened and then moves on. Steve Jones is Stevie aka [email protected].

2010 was a dog of year for Delimiter, we call that the 'Dan Fry Year'. Every which way we turned we ended up some crap coming out of the woodwork which by purchasing a company from him, we suddenly ended up his business associate and somehow people thought responsible for his trail of debts across Europe and US. This definitely affected Delimiter in some third party locations, people booted Delimiter right out of their facilities because of their association. If you look at the time, I think he had 3-4 different companies active in the market, all of them flailing from datacentre to datacentre. For some reason we ended up back for second helpings and bought XVPS. That was an absolute disaster.

I actually never 'came along', I was actually trying to be incognito until I started getting emails - Are you the same Mark Turner that works at Yomura, etc. Ok should have been more creative on the username then. I did come here to peddle Delimiter or Yomura's subsidiaries services, I came to get a handle on the lowend VPS market, see the prices, see the issues so I can better advise our subsidiaries on how to address that market and determine whether we can profitably deliver network/compute/storage in a sustained way into that market.

Steve is just an employee at Delimiter, whatever you may think about him, he is actually a really dedicated person. He may not have the technical knowledge but in terms of making sure things happen, trying to help out customers to select what they want or resolve things when they go wrong, he is a real diamond. I am sure there are customers of Delimiter on here that have had first hand experience with him, who can comment.

I am sure the past is full of a variety of issues, some Delimiter's fault, some not but if the issue is still there then the only way I see to resolve it is to address it head on by contacting someone like Steve and ask him to investigate.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • @jarland That guy is like a bad smell. The stories I could tell!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MarkTurner any updates? Steve's not answering my emails, and the server is 2 days late, not to mention the refund hasn't be made from an arrange we made :/

• @netomx From what I understood you had two different orders, different terms and he was trying to shuffle money from one order to the other or something. Its best to speak with him directly. I'll let him know you are trying to get an update.

• @MarkTurner how many people have Delimiter got on support/responding to tickets?
    I've had 2 open since the weekend (a RDNS request and an enquiry about ipv6 availability) without any response.

I'm pretty pleased with Delimiter otherwise. Server was setup within 72hrs, hardware seems solid, network is flawless (0 packet loss over a few hours of mtr).

• @DigitalDuke - three guys handling the tier 1 issues who then escalate back into Yomura for anything above that. IPv6 is a bugger for them because they can't directly allocate it yet, they have to request it from us. RDNS for some of the new netblocks is painful too. PM me your IP information and I'll try to work it from here.

Thanked by 1DigitalDuke
  • @MarkTurner PM'd - thanks for your help.

@MarkTurner thanks, I'm waiting for the deployment

• @Spirit, There are few questions.....

1. When did yomura acquired delimiter vps?
    2. Despite of anything both the brands are really notorious.
    3. To scam people one doesn't necessarily need to use the same name who's reputation has been damaged. There are lots of old hosting domains on sale and one can pick from them to scam people.
    4. We need to make a list of people buying their servers and keep in touch if anyone of them gets offline or is scammed.
    5. And your collecting so many posts regarding yomura and delimiter is appreciated but we also need a clear view of people running both of them
  • @darknessends - I am sure if anyone gets 'scammed' they will be the first to start screaming, we even get people screaming who haven't been customers :)

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

I am not a client of Delimiter but i can say form my point of view they have great support here, @MarkTurner is providing great amount of support here on this forum, that means something... means that support should be great.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @drserver said:
    I am not a client of Delimiter but i can say form my point of view they have great support here, MarkTurner is providing great amount of support here on this forum, that means something... means that support should be great.

@MarkTurner is providing great support, but he doesn't work directly for Delimiter. Still waiting on an order I made Sunday, still in timeframe though

• The real question then is: does Delimiter provide good support? Is anybody from Delimiter on LET? Would have been great if @MarkTurner worked for Delimilter.

• placed my order 1.5 days ago, according to Steve, server will deploy in 1-3 days. So i still have 1.5 days to go before its due. Let's see.

• @mawr but I built the network that Yomura's companies run on. So it has some relevance.

Someone, maybe not on this thread was asking about our NY connectivity. This week we just connected to NYIIX to help boost our NY connectivity. We should be up on their website already.

• @tija - Delimiter only handles tier 1 support, when it gets above that it comes to Yomura to handle. If its a networking issue, it will probably land on my desk.

• @mawr @dobuz - please PM me the email addresses you ordered on. I finally have access to the queue.

Don't worry, the orders are delayed. Mine is 1 day late, and hasn't been provisioned. :(

• @MarkTurner - pm'ed you, thanks

• @dobuz - you should see it today

• @mawr you should see yours too, there are 7 servers ahead of you in that queue.

Where's mine Mark?