Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For conversion is not that easy, you need to deduct 32 and multiply by 5 and divide by 9 regarding temperatures. \I was recently looking for some prices long time ago and in pounds were like 7.3.2. I said, wtf, that is a typo, but, no, it was in pounds, shillings and pence.
    God forbid we add guineas to the mix, or other units.
    Yes, UK still has the pound, but it made it sane, at least.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    There are a few on here already, just search DelimiterVPS

HP BL460C Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media

can provide IPv6 on this server?

and, how can we access the KVM (HP iLO)? does it have an additional public IPv4 address can access? I'm familiar with HP servers, the iLO is a separately NIC port :)

thanks.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited December 2013

@CastleServers said:
    MarkTurner Would it be possible to get those prices offered on the thread now or is it too late? I'm referring specifically to the $60/yr one.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1328687

although the thread was newly posted yesterday on WHT, but it seems the coupon code of $60/year has already expired, lol

• @MarkTurner Do these Atom's support virtualization? Such as installing the OpenVZ kernel? Thanks!

• @CastleServers - all the offers should be live until stock runs out.

@hotsnow - I think IPv6 is requestable, but slow to get assigned as they do it manually. ILO has a separate IP. If there is a problem email sales@ and ask Steve to fix it.

@Jeffrey - These are Atom 230's - no hardware virtualisation support. As OVZ doesn't require hardware support it should be possible, but honestly I wouldn't do it, I think it would be painfully slow. Also I dont think you can get extra IPv4 for those systems. Probably better to get something with more juice like the Dual Xeon for $20/month, you get 16GB RAM, 500GB disk and dedicated KVM for when a kernel updates breaks!

• @MarkTurner For clarification, I wasn't planning on selling VPS Servers from this, this would have been for private use, to reduce my VPS subscriptions. I've ran VPS's on an Atom before, but not fully to test out the potential. Thanks for the support.

• @Jeffrey - I think the lack of additional IPs would be a problem. Atom 230 is honestly going to be painful to run VPS's on.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Metric system rocks. Its a pain to convert miles when traveling in Texas. I love London <3

How many countries use the imperial system? I can just think of the US and Britain... Or does Britan adopted metric too?

• Britain stopped imperial years ago. Its 100% metric now - all the EU is.

• netomx said: How many countries use the imperial system? I can just think of the US and Britain... Or does Britan adopted metric too?

We're a bit awkward in Britain. From my experience, it's a generation thing; my parents were taught in imperial, whereas I was taught in metric.

Overall we're a metric country, but evidence of imperial still remains - miles instead of kilometres on roadsigns, and our beloved 'pints'.
    My parents still talk in terms of fahrenheit and the local builder still quotes in feet, but my personal prediction is that in time, the imperial system will quite literally die out along with it's users.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

MarkTurner said: As OVZ doesn't require hardware support it should be possible,

Xen-PV has minimal overhead too and I did commercially for storage VPSes with IPv6 only.
    It can be done, people run iSCSI and NFS there.

• Hi Guys,

It has been a while since Delimiter VPS blasted with their very low prices.
    Anyone over here who has one can share specs, performance and how has been support so far.

Thank You.

• @darknessends said:

It has been a while since Delimiter VPS blasted with their very low prices.
    Anyone over here who has one can share specs, performance and how has been support so far.

Thank You.

Curious about this as well. Their recent Dual 6-Core Opteron offer seemed very attractive.

• @HostNun : what price ?

• @mpkossen : thread has been derailed, we still do not have any fresh reviews for them

• darknessends said: @mpkossen : thread has been derailed, we still do not have any fresh reviews for them

What would you expect me to do?

• I think that @jarland got one of those. Care to share experience?
    (I won't laught if things change, I promise ;-)

• MarkTurner said: In building transit - Abovenet, Telia, NLayer, Cogent Network - Its connected back to Yomura's New York, Miami, Phoenix and Dallas POPs.

MarkTurner said: Is there something specific you wanted to know?

Is this your network?

• @darknessends - Delimiter is also going to be 'blasting' out a reworked VPS line up anytime. That should be equally disruptive.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@Spirit said:
    I think that jarland got one of those. Care to share experience?
    (I won't laught if things change, I promise ;-)

So far, 0 problems. Network could he faster but seriously, $10 in the US. That price is the key, so long as it's over 10mbit average I can't complain.

But as @Spirit and others have pointed out. Know what you're getting into. I've 0 complaints. A new customer usually doesn't have 0 complaints ;)

• @jarland - network should be incredibly fast - what performance issue are you experiencing?

• @MarkTurner : Trust me if u can save my 20 USD - I ll better invest in them if u care to PM me to disclose some deals.

• dabtechdabtech Member
    edited December 2013

I can share my experience with Delimiter so far.

I ordered one of the HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB servers for $60/quarter. I ordered on Nov. 29th and the server got delivered on Dec 2nd. Server came with 1 IP address, IPMI, and 1Gbps link.

The obligatory benchmark on a fairly idle system:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5150 @ 2.66GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2666.808 MHz Total amount of ram : 16042 MB Total amount of swap : 19311 MB System uptime : 8 days, 4:06, Download speed from CacheFly: 108MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 49.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 47.8MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 11.2MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 17.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.75MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 22.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 24.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 79.4MB/s I/O speed : 59.0 MB/s

For the price, seems reasonable to me. One thing to note as MarkTurner pointed out on another thread, on this particular server write caching needs to be enabled on the raid card, or else I/O speed will be pretty slow.

I've opened a support ticket to setup reverse DNS on Dec. 5, and I'm still waiting on that to be completed. In my experience other providers have done that within a day. I've also sent an email to [email protected] inquiring about ordering a few additional IP addresses and have not heard anything back yet. So not too impressed on that front so far.

Overall not a terrible experience. For the price I'm satisfied.

Any other info I can provide please ask.

• @MarkTurner : Trust me if u can save my 20 USD - I ll better invest in them if u care to PM me to disclose some deals.

• @dabtech : Can you provide me a UnixBench over it ?

• @darknessends said:
    MarkTurner : Trust me if u can save my 20 USD - I ll better invest in them if u care to PM me to disclose some deals.

Stop spamming

• @dabtech : Or better a serverbear ?

• @dabtech - in terms of raw performance you're getting 108MB/s (864Mbps) to Cachefly so thats definitely reflecting the gigabit performance.

• @dabtech regarding the RDNS - PM me with the subnet you're on and I'll try to sort it.

• MarkTurner said: @dabtech - in terms of raw performance you're getting 108MB/s (864Mbps) to Cachefly so thats definitely reflecting the gigabit performance.

Yup, I have no issues with the network performance.