Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server

14567810»

Comments

• @setsura - good. They are clearing everything they can before Christmas

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MarkTurner I think you won the best support staff of the year

• @netomx said:
    MarkTurner I think you won the best support staff of the year

totally agree :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @netomx said:
    MarkTurner I think you won the best support staff of the year

lol, second that!

• @MarkTurner said:
    Srikolla open a billing ticket or just mail [email protected]. The support staff will just have reassigned it to billing anyway because they can't invoice you or order a service.

Both tickets I opened under Billing. I didn't try emailing them yet. Will try that too.

• @SriKolla PM me, I'll try to get this solved for you today. I doubt anyone from sales/billing will be online.

• This is an epic support thread. Cheers to @MarkTurner.

• @MarkTurner said:
    SriKolla PM me, I'll try to get this solved for you today. I doubt anyone from sales/billing will be online.

Thanx @MarkTurner... i pmd you my request :)

• @SriKolla need your email address so I can track down who you are :)

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2013

@Setsura said:
    Not bad for 10 USD.

Slight follow up to this, I've had it for a few days now and my impression is still pretty good. The network is great as of now, but I got it after they disabled Cogent, so that may be why. The server is pretty stable and I've had no real issues to speak of beyond slightly slow support with RDNS and that I guess I can't have more than one IP on the atom, which isn't a huge deal. Overall, certainly worth 10 USD a month to me. The annual 60 USD deal was really good, but I can't say I feel certain they'll be around for a whole year yet. Still a great deal at 10 USD monthly though.

• @Setsura - Thanks for the positive review. FYI Delimiter has been around for 4 years already.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    Setsura - Thanks for the positive review. FYI Delimiter has been around for 4 years already.

Seems they have(had?) a bad rep though, so I don't really know what to think about it. I'm thinking I'll buy another one actually, and maybe pay that one for a year.

• @Setsura - There is a lot of different history, I learned more about it since being on here and people contacting me. Some of it is Delimiter's own doing and some just rubbish and some just bad communication on their side. Bottom line they are still in business, still cash positive and owned by facility based company rather than just a reseller of a reseller.

Yomura is heavily investing is US infrastructure right now, we've just completed over the Christmas period - Phoenix-Atlanta, Atlanta-Miami, New York-Atlanta and Chicago-New York. Over the coming month you'll see the cross-connection of the east and west coast networks and the addition of new NAPs eg NYIIX, SIX, TorIX, PhoenixIX, LAIIX, etc.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    Setsura - There is a lot of different history, I learned more about it since being on here and people contacting me. Some of it is Delimiter's own doing and some just rubbish and some just bad communication on their side. Bottom line they are still in business, still cash positive and owned by facility based company rather than just a reseller of a reseller.

Yomura is heavily investing is US infrastructure right now, we've just completed over the Christmas period - Phoenix-Atlanta, Atlanta-Miami, New York-Atlanta and Chicago-New York. Over the coming month you'll see the cross-connection of the east and west coast networks and the addition of new NAPs eg NYIIX, SIX, TorIX, PhoenixIX, LAIIX, etc.

Well, as @skybucks100 said in his review: "Everyone has a past, some hide it better than others. No one is perfect in this industry."

I agree with this and I'm more than willing to judge based off my own impressions rather than rumour mills and hearsay. For now I'm quite pleased with the server I have with Delimiter, some upgrade options would certainly be nice though, but I won't complain at this price. Looking forward to more good deals in the future from Yomura and/or Delimiter if things stay positive.

• @Setsura - if you or anyone have some ideas on upgrades you'd like to sell tell me. I can pass on this information. We have all of the options like SSDs, memory, infiniband, etc but its just not been packaged into these offers.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Setsura - if you or anyone have some ideas on upgrades you'd like to sell tell me. I can pass on this information. We have all of the options like SSDs, memory, infiniband, etc but its just not been packaged into these offers.

I'd personally be interested in some hard drive size options and/or SSDs for the atom offers.

• @setsura the atoms are diskless, they are all ISCSI (with NetApp RAID). You can already get a variety of 'disk' upgrades for the Atoms upto 20TB.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    setsura the atoms are diskless, they are all ISCSI (with NetApp RAID). You can already get a variety of 'disk' upgrades for the Atoms upto 20TB.

Yeah I notices about the ISCSI, but I didn't see anything on the order form about upgrades unless I'm missing something. Is that something I'd do via a sales ticket?

Also, I forgot to mention, maybe some extra IPs for the atoms would be neat. And this isn't really an upgrade suggestion, but more a general one, maybe pass it on to Delimiter? Automated RDNS via their panel would be nice.

• @Setsura said:
    Automated RDNS via their panel would be nice.

I'm also think so :)

• I decided to test one of the delimiter $10 Atoms to test how their disk-over-iscsi idea works. Seems delimiter is an UK based company? But they didn't charge me with VAT, that's strange.
    Now let's see when it gets setup, i hope they didn't run out of stock.

• @rds100 - there is stock but I doubt you'll see it before mid next week. Depending on when you ordered it today, your order won't be approved until the next business day (Monday).

• @MarkTurner no problem, i'm not in a hurry :) I didn't know it's an UK company, thought it's USA based.

• @MarkTurner - Delimiter is both a UK company (Delimiter Ltd) and US company (Delimiter Corp). It depends which company you do business with.

• Today I rebooted my server after installing Feathur on Ubuntu, and it didn't start again. I went to the power management, tried to power it on several times, but still no luck.

I tried to reinstall, but it is stuck at "IPMI: power cycle and set boot device to pxe".

It is really really strange. I already submited a ticket though.

@MarkTurner If possible look at it, ticket #867291.

• luissousa said: Today I rebooted my server after installing Feathur on Ubuntu, and it didn't start again. I went to the power management, tried to power it on several times, but still no luck.

I tried to reinstall, but it is stuck at "IPMI: power cycle and set boot device to pxe".
    >

It is really really strange. I already submited a ticket though.

I'm assuming that you have one without KVM?

• @luissousa - what sort of server do you have?

• edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    luissousa - what sort of server do you have?

You might want to respond to my emergency problem that i have regarding my dedicated server which i use for backups & some free minecraft servers for people,it is a major bug that has occured between me and delimiterVPS.The issue is very important and must be resolved in a matter of hours not days. I've wrote to [email protected] , the email is fake,it doesn't exsist.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited December 2013

@petris said:

I'm assuming that you have one without KVM?

@MarkTurner said:

luissousa - what sort of server do you have?

I have the following server:

HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB

• 2 x Dual Core 5150 Xeon
    • 16GB RAM
    • 500GB Disk
    • 1 IP Address
    • Hardware RAID Controller
    • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
    • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
    • 5TB Bandwidth
    • Gigabit port
  • @professionalxen - I have PM'ed you back with some recommendations. There is no bug, it seems that you have ordered an additional server and the order has been flagged for review. All that has happened is your customer account has a marker placed on it for review, so you wont be able to place any orders or access that account until the marker is removed. This is because there was something materially different between the orders.

Nothing will go offline. See if like when you have a marker put on your credit card because you placed an order online in a foreign country. The bank just blocks it to stop someone doing something they shouldn't be doing with your account.

• @luissousa - then you have KVM and power management. What happens when you power up the server? PM me your server IP