Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need true review for delimitervps dedicated server

Comments

• @dabtech said:
    For the price, seems reasonable to me. One thing to note as MarkTurner pointed out on another thread, on this particular server write caching needs to be enabled on the raid card, or else I/O speed will be pretty slow.

FYI this is no longer the case, the provisioning system is now set to set caching enabled when the OS is installed.

• I also ordered one of the $60/quarter deals. I've got no complaints so far. Network seems ok, HP iLo login information was included with the original setup email and from ordering to receiving the server was about 16 hours. So far so great=D

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any link for it?

I have just bought one, will give you results after I get it

• @netomx : Great, I am thinking of getting one for myself too.

@darknessends I ordered the$10 one, will try to talk to them for a HDD upgrade if server pleases me

• I want to compare the X3210 OVH with HP Xeon 5150 From delimiter - What do u guys say - which one should be better ?

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited December 2013

@darknessends - Run a test on both

What are the specs of the OVH unit? Memory, disk, bandwidth?

Also where do you need it Europe or US?

• I am looking for USA - however OVH is yet available in europe but they ll soon come, you can go to kimsufi.com and price match against delimiter's deal

• Are you talking about:

PS-18 Core™2 Quad Q6600 / Xeon X3220 4c / 4t 2.4 GHz+ 8 Go 2x 500 Go 100 Mbps 18.00€ HT

For Delimiter's $20 (14 EUR) - OVH will give you

PS-7 Atom™ N2800 2c / 4t 1.86 GHz+ 4 Go 2x 500 Go 100 Mbps 13.00€ HT

and

Pour tous les modèles suivants, les frais d’installation s’élèvent à 9.99 € HT.

So one quarter of Delimiter deal costs $60 - compare that with OVH gives you 42 EUR to spend:

Remove 9.99 EUR to start as all of them require a setup fee - 32.01 EUR to spend per quarter or 10.67 EUR per month, you can have your choice of:

PS-1 Celeron® 220 1c / 1t 1.2 GHz+ 2 Go 500 Go 100 Mbps 8.00€ HT
    PS-2 Atom™ 230 1c / 2t 1.6 GHz+ 2 Go 500 Go 100 Mbps 8.00€ HT
    PS-3 Atom™ D425 1c / 2t 1.8 GHz+ 2 Go 500 Go 100 Mbps 8.50€ HT
    PS-4 Atom™ 330 2c / 4t 1.6 GHz+ 2 Go 500 Go 100 Mbps 8.50€ HT

Hmmm - Delimiter Atom 230 is $5/month - so cheaper than OVH by 4.50 EUR per month.

Delimiter is WAY cheaper for higher spec!

• Do not just be exact on pricing, Consider the factor that people like me look more towards spending a bit extra if you get OVH's guarantee and RAID 1 - so look to anything around 20 Euro - 25 Euro vs Delimiter's Deals

• Sorry but OVH's guarantee? Seriously? I've had servers down there for 3 days before now because no-one would fix it over a weekend, or had them replace a disk in RAID1 mirror only to find out that they removed the working disk not the failed disk.

OVH's quality and operations have plummeted over the past couple of years. I couldn't recommend them to anyone unless they wanted to run a warez site. If you want a quality European product, I'd recommend Hetzner to you.

The only thing I can see that Delimiter can offer you on the lowend with RAID1 is their Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk + additional drive - $20 + $10 additional disk = $30/month when paid quarterly. That would be hardware RAID1 with HP Smart Array disk controller.

@MarkTuner do you work for Delimiter? Can you install my server? XD

• @netomx - I work for Yomura their parent company. Is your server running late?

@MarkTurner said:
    netomx - I work for Yomura their parent company. Is your server running late?

nah. Paid 12 hours ago :P They told me the setup will be 1-3 working days. I´m just bored right now and wanted to play with it hhaha

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Well I decided to put my blog on the Delimiter $10/m dedi so anyone can feel free to see their connection to it in a real world scenario :)

Not sure I want it there permanently, I may have other plans for that server, but for now it's a good public display. Easy to check with a current customer if their service is working. No CDN or anything.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @jarland - Snappy, opened in 1 second for me.

• I ordered one on Thursday and haven't received it yet. Hoping to get it in the next day or two..

• I simply can't understand why Delimiter company is even allowed to post offers here. In the past, as exposed by Spirit, they have scammed many customers including me. After opening Paypal dispute they answered with a made up story and escalated it before you even had a chance to defend. That is why Paypal blocked their account soon after that. You should avoid this company.

Well, I haven't received mine, too.

• @Timberwolf - if you PM me your email I'll ask Steve for an update

@iKocka - Honestly this whole Delimiter scammed me thing is ridiculous. If you have a case, make the case and get them to formally respond to you. Paypal is not a medium to do that. On the point about Paypal blocking Delimiter's account, this also absolute rubbish. Since coming on this board, many people have said the same thing to me and I did ask Giles Anderson who some of you may know the background. The actual real fact and I have seen the email from Paypal is that DelimiterVPS had over 140 disputes one month from two customers, sounds like a lot but weigh that against 2900 valid transactions and nearly $50k in value in the same month. Paypal flagged the account and nuked it. I suggest if you actually have a real issue where you were 'scammed' then contact Delimiter director - email Steve ([email protected]) and ask him to investigate it. If we've done something wrong then he'll make it right. But I am sorry having seen half the tactics used with Paypal disputes and some the stories on here how people use these disputes to try to blackmail providers without the real facts I think you've only told half the story.

@Netomx - Mail Steve and ask him for an update. I know he is actively chasing a few accounts.

• @jarland what is your blogs URL?

• @MarkTurner fairly sure it's jarland.me

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited December 2013

jarland.me goes to OVH in Canada (with 29.4% packet loss from London)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

Honestly this whole Delimiter scammed me thing is ridiculous ... But I am sorry having seen half the tactics used with Paypal disputes and some the stories on here how people use these disputes to try to blackmail providers without the real facts I think you've only told half the story.

That's not really fair to say considering that at some point Delimiter completely dissapeared, no one got response from them for months and now you come here with complete denial of all nasty things this company did to customers. Do you want me to start digging? How many horror stories about Delimiter past do you want me to paste? 10? 20? 30? I can do this for you, just say so. And stop pretending that things like those never happened. They did!

• @Spirit - if you go back to some of my first posts here - I said there is no doubt some of its fact and some of its fiction. I can also see where Delimiter ended up sometimes where it could not defend itself due to NDA's with the parties involved (a certain individual who claimed his company had been stolen, whilst at the same time emptying the company's Paypal account every day or two onto his personal Paypal debit card), other times where no-one stepped up to the table to actual sort the problem.

Delimiter is not perfect, not in anyway. But its not the 'Anti-Christ' is often purported to be. Delimiter failed epically on the customer service front, part of that came because people don't read the term 'unmanaged' and then get upset when Delimiter's support refuse to help them install X software. Others have genuine issues and get equally blown off because their support was not handling the tickets properly.

I helped Delimiter with their support during the transition period when it was bought from the infamous Daniel Fry, I can tell you first hand that there was a lot of confusion internally between what was support, what wasn't supported, what the policy on X or Y or Z was, because Delimiter was so completely different to any other VPS company we owned. For the first time we were selling unlimited traffic, very large VPS's for its time 4-6GB containers, this was big stuff three years ago.

I'd say this - if someone has an issue with Delimiter then contact them. Steve has been very diligent ensuring customer's issues get worked out.

• @iKocka PM me the email address you registered with Delimiter or your full name. I want to see the history.

@MarkTuner I did. No ETA yet :(