Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• umzakumzak Member

Lol.

• Wtf spambot

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited March 2022

I just want a nice sleep...

Edit: Anyway, done cleaning, back to sleep

• Would take any Virmach estimates with a grain of salt

• @corbpie said: Would take any Virmach estimates with a grain of salt

Grain? Full bucket at least. :)

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • jon617jon617 Veteran

@VirMach said: RYZEN SPECIALS

What's the virtualization? KVM? OpenVZ?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@jon617 said: What's the virtualization? KVM? OpenVZ?

KVM

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited March 2022

How do you know? The offer details don't say.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

@jon617 said: How do you know? The offer details don't say.

I been a client in all their locations for many years. They got rid of openVZ in 2019 and converted all customers to KVM. All they do is KVM with SolusVM now.

• @jon617 said:

How do you know? The offer details don't say.

Virmach did not offer openvz anymore

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@ravenchad said:

@VirMach said:

@Proxecure said:
    2.5GB RAM -- Limit 800 Quantity
    50GB NVMe
    2 vCore Ryzen* CPU
    6TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

Can i get double resources if placed 2 orders?

No, sorry.

how about merging, 2-3 service. same location, possible? thanks

Sorry, it'd be the same answer (no) if it results in a larger plan, no matter how it's achieved.

@ravenchad said:
    quick question, for pre-orders, will the due date adjusted as is when the service gets activated or made available? thanks

Yes.

@mischief said:
    The ticket has been unanswered for a long time, so I created a new ticket#659491
    I'm still experiencing poor connection.
    SJKVM10

At this point SJKVM10 just needs to be migrated and it will be as soon as we get Ryzens up in that location.

@xpreboun said:
    Uhhh I just tried to check server status and now I'm being banned because

Ban Reason: Banned for 22 login attempts.
    Ban Expires: 03/13/2022 (23:00) 

I'm sure I've refreshed the site for a couple times, but does WHMCS actually ban people for having lots of login attempt from same IP address, or it's "Failed login attempt"?

If this is actual login attempt (regardless of failed or not), then it's a bit interesting... For the time being, every time I tried to access Virmach control panel, I have to login again (if that's where the 22 attempts come from).

That's our own system. Attacks are getting very bad on the login form, even with the ratelimiting and captchas we already do right now.

We recently had to make it more strict because there are thousands of IP addresses bruteforcing the system every day. We're working on other solutions but for now this has to unfortunately be enforced, even if it causes false positives. The ban drops off on its own eventually but the timing varies. I don't really want to discuss that as I don't want to give the bruteforcers any other ideas.

@vhhjkgl said:

@xpreboun said:
    Uhhh I just tried to check server status and now I'm being banned because

Ban Reason: Banned for 22 login attempts.
    Ban Expires: 03/13/2022 (23:00) 

I'm sure I've refreshed the site for a couple times, but does WHMCS actually ban people for having lots of login attempt from same IP address, or it's "Failed login attempt"?

If this is actual login attempt (regardless of failed or not), then it's a bit interesting... For the time being, every time I tried to access Virmach control panel, I have to login again (if that's where the 22 attempts come from).

I also encountered this problem

Yes, this happens to a few dozen people every day but it also stops probably 3,000+ attacks per day.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@plumberg said:

@VirMach said:

>

(edit) Oh and for Japan since it's Ryzen 5950X, I was thinking of putting in a couple NVMe SSDs in it and allowing people with 1TB+ to request something like 15-20GB of NVMe disk as well but this might get completely scrapped.

This hybrid will be a good differentiation factor and definitely seems popular @virmach
    Looking forward to standard and hybrid storage

I think I realized this will actually be better in every way than non-hybrid servers but probably for another year where we do anything like that large scale. It helps out with backups, helps fill servers with different plan types, bigger chassis with better cooling, and brings cost of storage down as well since it doesn't need an entire set of motherboard, CPU, etc. Plus storage servers already use a lot less RAM and CPU than the regular ones so they could definitely go well together.

The only reason we didn't do it initially (we spoke about it on the 2018 thread for a little bit) is SolusVM's lack of versatility. That's why I mentioned it having to be by request if we did do it right now.

@miu said:

@VirMach said:

@miu said:
    @VirMach Automatic provisioning does not work (Seattle.. after 20 minutes VPS is still not ready/deployed)

This means it ran out or froze up from too many provisions. I'm adding more and activating these now, after replying to everyone here.

Thank you. Now is server accessible from SolusCP BUT:
    When i tried reset root pass, appeared new one does not work for ssh connection. VNC console not working (i cannot reset pass via single user mode and chroot). And rescue mode the same problem like password reset - appeared root pass for rescue mode is also not working (i cannot dd whole partition w system from other server). So still i cant access with SSH vps from mentioned reasons. Thanks for fix

Seattle location & RYZE.SEA-Z001.VMS node

btw: higher plans (more cpu cores and NVMe space (or hdd large space even better)) in near future warmly welcomed. IMO Virmach with this new AMD lines got new level of quality and absolutely different (a much better) all performance finally, very good, very good move and decision.

Thanks for the feedback. We do still need to iron out some of those issues but it's definitely worse than I initially thought. I'll try to spend a good amount of time today to fix the problems and we already contacted the datacenter regarding the networking issue.

Everyone else I'll try to provide a reply soon. We have a lot of tickets right now and I'm still getting servers ready all day so I apologize for the lack of communication.

• 666xq666xq Member

Can I get a refund if it is not activated in Japan?

• @666xq said:

I think you can open a ticket to their billing department and ask for a refund, given that they won't magically have VPSs racked up and ready in JP in the next 24 hours.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Just got 1 in JP

• 666xq666xq Member

@haynhat said:
    Just got 1 in JP

ready to use?

• @666xq said:

@haynhat said:
    Just got 1 in JP

ready to use?

not yet, still pending for activation

• umzakumzak Member

@666xq said:

from the previous post, it seems japan's location will be activated on monday (LA time utc-8)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

@umzak said: from the previous post, it seems japan's location will be activated on monday (LA time utc-8)

I don't think this is correct. Servers may be shipped on Monday from LA to Tokyo. Then the DC will need to rack them and do the setup. I would expect to wait up to two week for activation.

@VirMach said Tokyo will most likely also be scheduled for being shipped out Monday. This includes the storage server, which is already complete.

and

Servers are ready and being shipped to Tokyo, currently scheduled for pickup 3/14/2022.
    We are only selling the number of spots guaranteed to be available immediately after shipment arrives. Please note, servers still have to be racked by datacenter hands.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2022

@xpreboun said: and no IPv6

but why? You're in the minority given 70% of their customers have IPv6 enabled (https://www.worldipv6launch.org/measurements/). Comcast/Xfinity has one of the largest IPv6 rollouts in the USA - they were the first major ISP to offer IPv6 and had 25% of customers dual-stack by 2013.

• Active but no infromation on control pannel. Is Seatle location still pending excatly?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@riofredinand said: Active but no infromation on control pannel. Is Seatle location still pending excatly?

Last word was...

@VirMach said: Seattle is still having network issues and I will not be able to set up additional space here for the time being.

• umzakumzak Member
    edited March 2022

@FrankZ said:

@umzak said: from the previous post, it seems japan's location will be activated on monday (LA time utc-8)

I don't think this is correct. Servers may be shipped on Monday from LA to Tokyo. Then the DC will need to rack them and do the setup. I would expect to wait up to two week for activation.

@VirMach said Tokyo will most likely also be scheduled for being shipped out Monday. This includes the storage server, which is already complete.

and

Servers are ready and being shipped to Tokyo, currently scheduled for pickup 3/14/2022.
    We are only selling the number of spots guaranteed to be available immediately after shipment arrives. Please note, servers still have to be racked by datacenter hands.

Oh, i see.. currently the position in Japan is "Handling", so there are still 5 more steps until it's available
    HANDLING -> SHIPPING -> SHIPPED -> PROVISIONING -> AWAITING IPv4 -> AVAILBLE
    :D

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

@umzak said: Oh, i see.. currently the position in Japan is "Handling", so there are still 5 more steps until it's available
    HANDLING -> SHIPPED -> SHIPPING -> PROVISIONING -> AWAITING IPv4 -> AVAILBLE
    :D

Good news is the IPv4 has already been allocated. So still to go is ..
    SHIPPED -> ARRIVED AT DC -> PROVISIONING -> AVAILABLE :sunglasses:

Of course there is the possibility of -> OH SHIT SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENED that can be inserted inbetween any of the steps above.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • riofredinandriofredinand Member
    edited March 2022

@FrankZ said:

@riofredinand said: Active but no infromation on control pannel. Is Seatle location still pending excatly?

Last word was...

@VirMach said: Seattle is still having network issues and I will not be able to set up additional space here for the time being.

Ha,alright then, just keep waiting patiently.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Still waiting for the storage deal

• @Daniel15 said:

@xpreboun said: and no IPv6

but why? You're in the minority given 70% of their customers have IPv6 enabled (https://www.worldipv6launch.org/measurements/). Comcast/Xfinity has one of the largest IPv6 rollouts in the USA - they were the first major ISP to offer IPv6 and had 25% of customers dual-stack by 2013

Nope it's not about Xfinity haha. I use UDM-Pro with Google Wifi as mesh (still need to wire the house to deploy U6-Pro/LR), and UDM-Pro is unwilling to hand IPv6 subnet to Google Wifi...
    My hard wired devices have IPv6, just not on wireless clients.

• not gonna sleep for sure. where's storage dealz

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Ryzen Special 768 now OOS

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • @FrankZ said:
    Ryzen Special 768 now OOS

Everyone of us should claim responsibility for this. 😎

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

Shipping from US to JP is usually slower than the reverse cuz US don't have Kuroneko B) and packages from carriers other than USPS or DHL will normally be transferred and handled by Sagawa Express within JP.
    Hopefully Tokyo VMs will be provisioned earlier as I don't think it will take that long unless Equinix screwed up.

Thanked by 2FrankZ FrankZ
This discussion has been closed.