Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@Proxecure said:
    2.5GB RAM -- Limit 800 Quantity
    50GB NVMe
    2 vCore Ryzen* CPU
    6TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

Can i get double resources if placed 2 orders?

No, sorry.

how about merging, 2-3 service. same location, possible? thanks

• @VirMach said:

@Paradox0s said:
    @VirMach Invoice#1398435 still marked as unpaid after I add funds via paypal,pls chk and make sure it will not be cancelled automaticly.

It will be cancelled based on your description. Just go on the invoice and if there's a button to apply the funds, apply it. If not and you already did that and the funds are gone, make a billing ticket.

There is no apply button and Ticket #982118 was created , pls help.

• quick question, for pre-orders, will the due date adjusted as is when the service gets activated or made available? thanks

• I am going to sleep, hopfully I can get one of this later :D

@VirMach said: For Tokyo, I was going to try to do the requested 200-250GB for $20/YR price-point.

• umzakumzak Member

~2 more hours for the kvm storage promo in Japan

• The ticket has been unanswered for a long time, so I created a new ticket#659491
    I'm still experiencing poor connection.
    SJKVM10

• Uhhh I just tried to check server status and now I'm being banned because

Ban Reason: Banned for 22 login attempts.
    Ban Expires: 03/13/2022 (23:00) 

I'm sure I've refreshed the site for a couple times, but does WHMCS actually ban people for having lots of login attempt from same IP address, or it's "Failed login attempt"?

If this is actual login attempt (regardless of failed or not), then it's a bit interesting... For the time being, every time I tried to access Virmach control panel, I have to login again (if that's where the 22 attempts come from).

• @xpreboun said:
    Uhhh I just tried to check server status and now I'm being banned because

I'm sure I've refreshed the site for a couple times, but does WHMCS actually ban people for having lots of login attempt from same IP address, or it's "Failed login attempt"?

If this is actual login attempt (regardless of failed or not), then it's a bit interesting... For the time being, every time I tried to access Virmach control panel, I have to login again (if that's where the 22 attempts come from).

I also encountered this problem

• @xpreboun said:

If your IP rotates for whatever reason, WHMCS logs you out, so maybe check if that’s the case?

Thanked by 3FrankZ Ironia xpreboun
  • @ravenchad said: how about merging, 2-3 service. same location, possible? thanks

What is the difference in 'merging 2-3 service' vs 'double resources if placed 2 orders?' Isn't this exactly the same? How else you expect to get double resources if not 'merging'? :D

You know the answer.
    It is possible, but without any discount and special prices, so you are not interested.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

>

(edit) Oh and for Japan since it's Ryzen 5950X, I was thinking of putting in a couple NVMe SSDs in it and allowing people with 1TB+ to request something like 15-20GB of NVMe disk as well but this might get completely scrapped.

This hybrid will be a good differentiation factor and definitely seems popular @virmach
    Looking forward to standard and hybrid storage

• miumiu Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said:

@miu said:
    @VirMach Automatic provisioning does not work (Seattle.. after 20 minutes VPS is still not ready/deployed)

This means it ran out or froze up from too many provisions. I'm adding more and activating these now, after replying to everyone here.

Thank you. Now is server accessible from SolusCP BUT:
    When i tried reset root pass, appeared new one does not work for ssh connection. VNC console not working (i cannot reset pass via single user mode and chroot). And rescue mode the same problem like password reset - appeared root pass for rescue mode is also not working (i cannot dd whole partition w system from other server). So still i cant access with SSH vps from mentioned reasons. Thanks for fix

Seattle location & RYZE.SEA-Z001.VMS node

btw: higher plans (more cpu cores and NVMe space (or hdd large space even better)) in near future warmly welcomed. IMO Virmach with this new AMD lines got new level of quality and absolutely different (a much better) all performance finally, very good, very good move and decision.

• @xpreboun said:

Interesting, I got this error too and assumed it was for failed log in attempts because I forgot my password and had to reset it. But even with those definite failures it counted only 10 attempts for me. The bans must trigger on a timer instead of a set number of attempts.

I can't complain too much because it will expire in a day, but I wish I at least knew the timezone it was operating in. And I guess I'll have to avoid staying logged in when not strictly necessary in the future to be safe.

• @JabJab said:

@ravenchad said: how about merging, 2-3 service. same location, possible? thanks

What is the difference in 'merging 2-3 service' vs 'double resources if placed 2 orders?' Isn't this exactly the same? How else you expect to get double resources if not 'merging'? :D

You know the answer.
    It is possible, but without any discount and special prices, so you are not interested.

I guess i misunderstood what he meant. my bad 😬. i thought its like Racknerd double the bandwidth or hosthatch double storage or ram on a single service. right?

• miumiu Member

@VirMach said:

@miu said: (bcs all previous xeons are quite terrible bad/disaster)

In real world testing I've found that for intensive applications, even the lowest Ryzen performs 2.5x better than the top Xeons we had.

I absolutely agree with this and it is matching with my personal experiences. Benchmarks numbers are one thing, but in real world, high load and intensive application use is even AMD much faster than intel: When i moved from i9-10900 on Ryzen 5950X bench values was approx 2 times better, but in real use all hw difficult applications runs 4-5x faster, and AMD is able a much faster remove all from its way at high load than intel (i was before years intel fan but nowadays i do not know something different than AMD cpus when i can choose)

• miumiu Member

@cgs3238 said:
    Invoice #1396837

Please double the resources, thanks!

And where u have read that they promised this??
    Current offer and prices are very tempting and good.. Still not enough for you for these money? Imo Virmach is also not charity and cannot go without any profit as free.

• @VirMach said:

I've ran the prices through several times and it comes back differently every time. For Tokyo, I was going to try to do the requested 200-250GB for $20/YR price-point. Amsterdam, Los Angeles, and NYC Metro should be able to do somewhere around 2TB for $80 per year sale price and maybe 500GB for $36 per 2 years.

All these numbers could be completely wrong though.

(edit) Oh and for Japan since it's Ryzen 5950X, I was thinking of putting in a couple NVMe SSDs in it and allowing people with 1TB+ to request something like 15-20GB of NVMe disk as well but this might get completely scrapped.

(edit2) and for Amsterdam, I'm still trying to work in an Epyc 7401p processor with DDR4 2400MHz, instead of dual Xeon.

any chance of storage plan lineup's expansion to San Jose or Seattle?

• miumiu Member

@ravenchad said:

@JabJab said:

@ravenchad said: how about merging, 2-3 service. same location, possible? thanks

You know the answer.

I guess i misunderstood what he meant. my bad 😬. i thought its like Racknerd double the bandwidth or hosthatch double storage or ram on a single service. right?

OK, try find cheaper Ryzen offer (price/resources) (but regular offer like this one is, not BF or 10 quantity limited) and then let me know. You get a lot with this offer but seems to be still not enough for you and you ask even more.

• nobody sleeps!

• ravenchadravenchad Member
    edited March 2022

@miu said:

@ravenchad said:

@JabJab said:

You know the answer.

OK, try find cheaper Ryzen offer (price/resources) (but regular offer like this one is, not BF or 10 quantity limited) and then let me know. You get a lot with this offer but seems to be still not enough for you and you ask even more.

come on, im just asking if it can be merge, what else i am even asking? isn't not allow to ask something in LET nowadays?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@stevewatson301 said: If your IP rotates for whatever reason, WHMCS logs you out, so maybe check if that’s the case?

Its probably the firewall config

• @ravenchad said:

come on, im just asking if it can be merge, what else i am even asking? isn't not allow to ask something in LET nowadays?

Didn't he already say no?

• @skorous said:

@ravenchad said:

Didn't he already say no?

didn't i already said i misunderstood?

• Ahh, must've missed that part. Looked like you were still arguing I should be doable.

• umzakumzak Member

Other provider will charge you extra €4 for asking too many

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • hello there is down for 12 hours in NYC right now

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@VirMach said:
    (edit2) and for Amsterdam, I'm still trying to work in an Epyc 7401p processor with DDR4 2400MHz, instead of dual Xeon.

Just to clarify, this is for the storage line, right?

Any test looking glass for AMS? Looking at getting the 2.5G server there to consolidate a few servers, but would like good connectivity since I want to use it as a PBX as well.

• Sahu1990Sahu1990 Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: If anyone has suggestions outside of doing a private and insanely expensive line to China, let me know and we'll speak to those carriers for Tokyo 2 location.

SoftBank and IIJ routes work well enough for Mainland China, that could be the best rational choice. (Actually, I think IIJ is required at least, while NTT is bad.)

• @stevewatson301 said:
    If your IP rotates for whatever reason, WHMCS logs you out, so maybe check if that’s the case?

I wish it was 😂. I'm using Comcast Xfinity with semi-static IP and no IPv6, so that's probably not the case.
    It's weird that now my "banned" sessions logged-in correctly.

@miu said:
    Seattle location & RYZE.SEA-Z001.VMS node

You are not along... It definitely froze again.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Where the hell was this spambot when we needed to get to 100 pages in the 2018 BF thread?

This discussion has been closed.