Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@foitin said: Hopefully Tokyo VMs will be provisioned earlier as I don't think it will take that long unless Equinix screwed up.

I double thanked you so your post goes directly to the Japanese customs ears.

• Can you unclog my validation? Documentation submitted

• @VirMach Are those migration specials in amsterdam from ~9 months ago still planned to be migrated to ryzen?

• @FrankZ said:

wait wtf how

Is LET that broken now?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@JeDaYoshi said:

@FrankZ said:

wait wtf how

Is LET that broken now?

Magic. Now I triple the buses. Next show at page 100.

• @VirMach said: This will be the lowest prices we will offer for Ryzen, over the next 12 months.

Is it the guaranteed?

• Anyone gotta yabs on a deployed server?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@drizbo said:
    @VirMach Are those migration specials in amsterdam from ~9 months ago still planned to be migrated to ryzen?

Yes.

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

@VirMach said: This will be the lowest prices we will offer for Ryzen, over the next 12 months.

Is it the guaranteed?

Jon Biloh is charging providers to post offers here and increasing the VPS maximum price limit to $10 per month to, in his words, "allow Providers to market services that generally could not fit under the $7/month limitation, such as powerful Ryzen based VPS packages."

So I'm thinking we up the price to $10 a month and see how many packages we sell. I'm going to guess somewhere between 0 and maybe 2 chargebacks from people who thought it was per year.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

MOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

@VirMach said: This will be the lowest prices we will offer for Ryzen, over the next 12 months.

Is it the guaranteed?

Jon Biloh is charging providers to post offers here and increasing the VPS maximum price limit to $10 per month to, in his words, "allow Providers to market services that generally could not fit under the $7/month limitation, such as powerful Ryzen based VPS packages."

So I'm thinking we up the price to $10 a month and see how many packages we sell. I'm going to guess somewhere between 0 and maybe 2 chargebacks from people who thought it was per year.

it is unfortunate that the costs will inevitably have to be passed on to LET members!!!!!

@foitin said:

@FrankZ said:

@umzak said: from the previous post, it seems japan's location will be activated on monday (LA time utc-8)

I don't think this is correct. Servers may be shipped on Monday from LA to Tokyo. Then the DC will need to rack them and do the setup. I would expect to wait up to two week for activation.

Shipping from US to JP is usually slower than the reverse cuz US don't have Kuroneko B) and packages from carriers other than USPS or DHL will normally be transferred and handled by Sagawa Express within JP.
    Hopefully Tokyo VMs will be provisioned earlier as I don't think it will take that long unless Equinix screwed up.

Interesting enough, we were going to just have the palette sent back from Japan to avoid a high recycling fee there and to just have it back so we can re-use it (they're kind of expensive, we were originally going to send it in a wooden crate.) But the shipping back from Japan was more expensive than the shipping to Japan, with all the servers on it.

So maybe it's lower volume, higher price, but faster?

We'll most likely be using UPS to send the shipment as they have the most reliable service in our area, for pickup, and actually show up on the right day at the right time in most cases.

• Plz offer some high memory / cpu plans in tokyo

@cybertech said:

@VirMach said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

Is it the guaranteed?

it is unfortunate that the costs will be passed on to LET members!!!!!

We're definitely going to be very vocal about the fee. I'm thinking of tacking it on every plan and having it waived if people post their order ID on another message board. The only problem there would be the transaction fees, so maybe buy it for $10/MO on LET or buy it for $10/YR elsewhere.

The worst part is this is clearly only the beginning. I'm sure later down the line the pricing model will be more WebPros-esque. I can't wait until it's a $0.30 fee per user posting on your offer, that'll be fun.

@Proxecure said:
    Plz offer some high memory / cpu plans in tokyo

What are you looking for specifically? Larger plans have a higher chance of fitting unevenly so it will cost more per unit.

@cybertech said:
    not gonna sleep for sure. where's storage dealz

I'm actually actively working on this right now, I'll have more information in a few hours maybe?

Thanked by 2cybertech fan
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:
    I'm actually actively working on this right now, I'll have more information in a few hours maybe?

a few, maybe... this is very VirMach :joy:

• edited March 2022

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

MJJs are flooding in.

And some of them even resell 8$ VPS to 10$ at MJJ-Loc.

• @VirMach
    Some 6/8Gb Ram and 3 /4 cpu
    I would be glad if you could offer something like that :)

@FrankZ said:

@umzak said: Oh, i see.. currently the position in Japan is "Handling", so there are still 5 more steps until it's available
    HANDLING -> SHIPPED -> SHIPPING -> PROVISIONING -> AWAITING IPv4 -> AVAILBLE
    :D

Good news is the IPv4 has already been allocated. So still to go is ..
    SHIPPED -> ARRIVED AT DC -> PROVISIONING -> AVAILABLE :sunglasses:

Of course there is the possibility of -> OH SHIT SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENED that can be inserted inbetween any of the steps above.

Yeah outside of shipping and customs, Tokyo will be smooth sailing. We're also getting the IPv4 and IPv6 directly from our colocation provider and it has more bandwidth and power than any other location. We went big here.

It'll also have the most initial server quantity, the most Gen4 NVMe and Ryzen 5000.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@VirMach - Regarding that, if you get some time next week could you take a look at sales department Ticket #530112.

• Tokyo does look very promising and well planned out. Glad to have gotten a spot there.

Thanked by 1VirMach

@Proxecure said:
    @VirMach
    Some 6/8Gb Ram and 3 /4 cpu
    I would be glad if you could offer something like that :)

Would something like this work for you? Which one works better? I'll let anyone else interested chime in as well since I'd hopefully like to sell more than 1 quantity of this package.

--

8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$118/YR
    $188/2YR

--

6GB RAM
    100GB NVMe
    3 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$88/YR
    $138/2YR

--

Maybe I can get the numbers down a little bit for Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, or NYC Metro, as those locations will be more geared toward larger packages. But the prices above are for Tokyo.

@FrankZ said:
    @VirMach - Regarding that, if you get some time next week could you take a look at sales department Ticket #530112.

All set.

Thanked by 2Fisher FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

@VirMach said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

Is it the guaranteed?

it is unfortunate that the costs will be passed on to LET members!!!!!

We're definitely going to be very vocal about the fee. I'm thinking of tacking it on every plan and having it waived if people post their order ID on another message board. The only problem there would be the transaction fees, so maybe buy it for $10/MO on LET or buy it for $10/YR elsewhere.

The worst part is this is clearly only the beginning. I'm sure later down the line the pricing model will be more WebPros-esque. I can't wait until it's a $0.30 fee per user posting on your offer, that'll be fun.

i think the simplest way would be to make every offer thread here an LET exclusive. an exclusive doesnt necessarily have to be lower prices anyway.

Thanked by 2VirMach FrankZ
  • Under 20$ for XTom Japan,

I gonna cancel all my services at GreencloudVPS!

Any plan like GCV's 500GB/1TB storage offer?

Doing another cleanup, meaning 384MB and 768MB plans are about to go in stock, but keep in mind the 20% coupon has expired since it's past midnight and the weekend is over. The prices without the coupon should still be very attractive and (I think?) still the lowest out there for comparable hardware from any other provider.

@Murata_Chink_Best said:
    Under 20$ for XTom Japan,

I gonna cancel all my services at GreencloudVPS!

Any plan like GCV's 500GB/1TB storage offer?

Storage pre-orders are coming, I'll have more information in my next reply, but I don't know what pricepoints they have that you're trying to get. Maybe it'll be similar, we'll see, but I'm definitely coming up with our own pricing independent from trying to match them.

• @VirMach said:

8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$118/YR
    $188/2YR

--

6GB RAM
    100GB NVMe
    3 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$88/YR
    $138/2YR

>

Would monthly option be available for these?

Also, will dedicated cores/high CPU usage be available as add ons for these Ryzen plans?

• RecDRecD Member

@VirMach said: next reply

Keep refreshing now
    :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • mathenymatheny Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: 8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address
    $118/YR
    $188/2YR

I'm interested in this plan for Central USA region (Denver, Dallas, Chicago)! What would be the price for those regions?

• @VirMach plz check ib

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@VirMach said: >>@FrankZ said:

All set.

Thank you.

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: 6GB RAM
    100GB NVMe
    3 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address
    $88/YR
    $138/2YR

This sounds great. Wondering,
    1) if quarterly payment is available; and
    2) what throttling strategy would be used for this spec; and
    3) if special offers would be on the same server, altogether with this spec?

This discussion has been closed.