Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

52 quantity has been opened up for 384MB package.

304 quantity has been added back for 768MB package. Looks like a lot of people didn't complete their purchase here or got marked fraud. We'll still honor any people who go through the review process though that are still interested, the tickets will just take some time to clear up.

Storage prices and ETAs:

Tokyo, Japan storage is going out with all other servers.Los Angeles is going out first most likely, as in before Los Angeles Ryzens as it has been ready for an extremely long time and people have waited over a year now for their old pre-orders. NYC Metro is going out with the servers here via freight. Amsterdam may still be going out with the Ryzens but I've made changes here to the server and still need to do some testing. It's now using Epyc instead of dual E5. There's a small chance it'll go out separately. Keep in mind any of the above information can change.

All these are RAID10 with high end RAID controllers and potentially NVMe cache (last part not guaranteed though.) They'll also have standard bandwidth levels as advertised currently on our website, including in Tokyo as well. So I think that's 10x the storage amount in monthly bandwidth. Also 10Gbps port on all.

250GB Storage (230GB~ Usable) PREORDER + TOKYO
    $25/1YR Pre-order

500GB Storage (460GB~ Usable) PREORDER
    $50/2YR Pre-order

1TB Storage (930GB~ Usable) PREORDER
    $80/2YR Pre-order

2TB Storage (1860GB~ Usable) PREORDER
    $120/2YR Pre-order

Early bird discount an extra 20% off the first term only for these, we can run that until they actually get close to being deployed, so probably until Friday. So $20 for the first year on 250GB, $40 for first 2 years on 500GB and so on.

Please pay attention to above prices, 250GB is annual only and the rest are biennial only. For higher amounts of storage, the main cost ends up being the hardware that has to initially be purchased (which we already have) so I can only offer the best prices per 2 years. That's why 2 years of 500GB ends up being same price per year as one year with 250GB. I wanted to keep 250GB annual only to keep the entry prices low for those that don't want to spend a lot to start. Hopefully that should give an option for everyone.

Tokyo will have limited space though so I only want to sell the 250GB package here for now to give as many people a chance to get space here. If you really need more space here we will allow you to upgrade later but only for the regular prices, as in $35/YR for 500GB, $70 a year for 1TB, etc.

You will still be allowed to order Tokyo for the larger storage amounts but keep in mind there's a chance that if we run out of space, 250GB plans will be activated FIRST and you may be migrated/activated on the next closest location of Los Angeles. If this happens, we'll allow you to cancel for a refund though as we do not want to force you into a location you do not want.

Sorry for the information overload above, I'll try to word it better when we actually post the offer.

@pullangcubo said:

@VirMach said:

8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$118/YR
    $188/2YR

--

6GB RAM
    100GB NVMe
    3 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$88/YR
    $138/2YR

>

Would monthly option be available for these?

Also, will dedicated cores/high CPU usage be available as add ons for these Ryzen plans?

I don't want to sell you high CPU addons because it may honestly not even be necessary for Ryzen. The RAM to CPU power ratio is a huge shift from our existing services and so far there's no indication we'll ever run out of CPU on those nodes. And as long as that's the case, pretty much everyone will be able to burst all the time. I don't think we've had to enforce a single case of high CPU warning on Ryzen.

We can do monthly, sure, for 1/10th the price of annual.

That means it'll only be offered on the 6GB one though to stay in line with maximum price rules but it's been so long since I've had to look at those or even post offers close to the max offer price that I don't remember if it qualifies anyway since we do offer the annual pricing under the maximum already.

@matheny said:

@VirMach said: 8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address
    $118/YR
    $188/2YR

I'm interested in this plan for Central USA region (Denver, Dallas, Chicago)! What would be the price for those regions?

We could probably do $88 instead of $118 but it'll have to be in the form of refund to store credit and manual price change, maybe bump our thread with your order ID type deal everyone does these days since I don't think I can do extra cost for Japan without creating an entire new pricing group on our billing software.

Any other requests before I start making these?

@noisycode said: 1) if quarterly payment is available; and
    2) what throttling strategy would be used for this spec; and
    3) if special offers would be on the same server, altogether with this spec?

I think I kind of answered some of this in my reply to pullangcubo above, but I'll answer it again here so it's more clear and cover any additional questions as well.

1) We may do monthly. I'll see if I can work in quarterly as well.
    2) We don't plan on throttling right now but if everything goes very wrong then it'd be the standard "KVM Lite" of 33% guaranteed with burst for shorter periods. For these larger plans we'll probably do at least 50% realistically since price per unit is already higher. Sorry for not having a concrete answer.
    3) They will go on the same set of servers as all the other offers. There are a lot of servers, over 200 total when we finish all deployments and all servers will have a healthy mix.

• @VirMach said:
    88$

If that's true (88$ for 8G ryzen) then I would get one! I'm fine with store credit, can be used to renew other services anyway

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: We're definitely going to be very vocal about the fee.

Instead of passing on the fees to your customers, why not do something like redirecting the special offers page to OGF and launching your special offers there? You win by not having to pay the $200 fee, users win by paying a lower price, and OGF wins by having more users.

• umzakumzak Member

@VirMach said : Early bird discount an extra 20% off the first term only for these, we can run that until they actually get close to being deployed, so probably until Friday. So $20 for the first year on 250GB, $40 for first 2 years on 500GB and so on.

So the early bird code for the storage plan is different from the previous one

• How much ram for 250GB btw?

@elliotc said:
    How much ram for 250GB btw?

It'll be 512MB like the 500GB package, I don't want to do any lower. Bandwidth will be 2.5TB but I'm considering keeping that 5TB as well like the 500GB package. If that happens it'll be a hidden bonus, aka, it's going to get advertised as 2.5TB or 3TB for now.

@umzak said:

@VirMach said : Early bird discount an extra 20% off the first term only for these, we can run that until they actually get close to being deployed, so probably until Friday. So $20 for the first year on 250GB, $40 for first 2 years on 500GB and so on.

So the early bird code for the storage plan is different from the previous one

Yes, previous one is already expired.

@stevewatson301 said:

@VirMach said: We're definitely going to be very vocal about the fee.

Instead of passing on the fees to your customers, why not do something like redirecting the special offers page to OGF and launching your special offers there? You win by not having to pay the $200 fee, users win by paying a lower price, and OGF wins by having more users.

I was thinking of just converting that page into its own single thread message board/comment section allowing posts as both guest and registered users.

We'll see. We've also though about doing a support forum anyway in the past so maybe it could be part of that. In any case though I haven't ruled out just paying the fee, passing it on (not that we need the extra money, just to be transparent about what it costs us) and then waiving the fee for anyone that finds it elsewhere. This all would just cut into development time though which I do not want right now.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • umzakumzak Member

@VirMach said:

@elliotc said:

It'll be 512MB like the 500GB package, I don't want to do any lower.

can it be at the same price, i get 100/150gb, 768mb/1gb ram, 1TB bandwidth? :D

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: I was thinking of just converting that page into its own single thread message board/comment section allowing posts as both guest and registered users.

The only problem with a Virmach operated forum would be the lack of community engagement and network effects that come for free with a generic forum.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited March 2022

@corbpie said:
    Would take any Virmach estimates with a grain of salt

I agree with you and I wish it would be different. I take no pleasure in falling behind. It just all happened with a lot of changes in the background that made it impossible to do it sooner like how we wanted. We've lost a lot of money over the delays as well.

We lost a sys admin, then another sys admin, our billing guy, a tech that was supposed to help with the builds, and couldn't hire someone that was going to fly around and do the installations. On top of that, with COVID's supply chain issues, we got burned a lot trying to acquire parts. We still cannot even get the proper barebones due to continued delays so the build time increased there using older chassis and fitting them with custom bits like fans, trays, etc. We couldn't even get the rails for some of the builds, they're hyper-inflated to $90 each which potentially wouldn't be an issue if anyone even had any in stock (it's just a few of them with people price-gouging on eBay.) I got lucky and was able to pick up 100 before they sold out again, over and over. We would have better prepared if we had an entire warehouse to process and store 200 of these 24820 boxes at once (couldn't get bulk packaging at the time and still can't because the sales team for every company is overworked.) There's a lot more that happened but maybe I'll publish that in a 200 page autobiography some day (that no one will read.)

Not using any of that as an excuse, I'll admit we did a terrible job with the rollout. Again, I take no joy in paying for cabinets for a year that have just been empty and watching hardware prices go down for everything we already acquired.

Hopefully we'll redeem ourselves moving forward.

@jon617 said:

@VirMach said: RYZEN SPECIALS

What's the virtualization? KVM? OpenVZ?

Confirming that it's KVM.

@666xq said:
    Can I get a refund if it is not activated in Japan?

Yes.

@Sahu1990 said:

@VirMach said: If anyone has suggestions outside of doing a private and insanely expensive line to China, let me know and we'll speak to those carriers for Tokyo 2 location.

SoftBank and IIJ routes work well enough for Mainland China, that could be the best rational choice. (Actually, I think IIJ is required at least, while NTT is bad.)

Good to hear. I honestly didn't do as much research as I should have but it's not like we had many choices to begin with when it comes to that location. We just took what we could get. Some providers wouldn't even reply to us and Equinix blend bandwidth and the others we got quotes for were insanely high priced. I'm talking 6 figures a year for just the bandwidth portion.

@tomle said:

@VirMach said:
    (edit2) and for Amsterdam, I'm still trying to work in an Epyc 7401p processor with DDR4 2400MHz, instead of dual Xeon.

Just to clarify, this is for the storage line, right?

Any test looking glass for AMS? Looking at getting the 2.5G server there to consolidate a few servers, but would like good connectivity since I want to use it as a PBX as well.

Storage, yes.

No LG right now, sorry, but it would be Psychz Amsterdam. I don't know if it will be exactly the same but a good place to start would be their LG: https://lg.ams.psychz.net/

@hezekiahshare said:
    hello there is down for 12 hours in NYC right now

I'm not personally handling these right now, someone else is, but I'll check and make sure they're doing a good job. I hope it's already been resolved.

@foitin said:

@VirMach said:

I've ran the prices through several times and it comes back differently every time. For Tokyo, I was going to try to do the requested 200-250GB for $20/YR price-point. Amsterdam, Los Angeles, and NYC Metro should be able to do somewhere around 2TB for $80 per year sale price and maybe 500GB for $36 per 2 years.

All these numbers could be completely wrong though.

(edit) Oh and for Japan since it's Ryzen 5950X, I was thinking of putting in a couple NVMe SSDs in it and allowing people with 1TB+ to request something like 15-20GB of NVMe disk as well but this might get completely scrapped.

(edit2) and for Amsterdam, I'm still trying to work in an Epyc 7401p processor with DDR4 2400MHz, instead of dual Xeon.

any chance of storage plan lineup's expansion to San Jose or Seattle?

This will not be done. We basically are setting up the locations in a way where there are primary locations and then secondary. These are secondary. They have less bandwidth, less space, less everything.

Primary locations are Tokyo, Los Angeles, NYC Metro, and Amsterdam. So one location per main "region" of the world.

This helps us make sure we have good replacement parts stocked for all the extra different configurations without spreading them too much and later down the line allows us to have people (maybe) in each of those regions that can handle emergencies.

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

@elliotc said:

May I know what makes that configuration more desirable for you? Storage servers don't really end up using all that much RAM so we could theoretically boost that for everyone.

Thanked by 1umzak
  • umzakumzak Member

@VirMach said:

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

@elliotc said:

May I know what makes that configuration more desirable for you? Storage servers don't really end up using all that much RAM so we could theoretically boost that for everyone.

i just compare with the package from greenkvm.com storage plan with 1Gb ram.
    i will use vps storage to install minio to backup my wordpress site from other vps, and i don't know if 512 is enough for minio

• edited March 2022

@VirMach said: but I don't know what pricepoints they have that you're trying to get

Ryzen10GbpsJP-3 $35.00 USD (Annually)

Bandwidth   298.76 GB of 750 GB Used
    Memory  
    3 GB
    NVME
    35 GB
    CPU(s)  

XMASStorageOSJP-1 $80.00 USD (Biennially)

Bandwidth   320.85 GB of 1 TB Used
    Memory  
    3 GB
    HDD     
    512 GB
    CPU(s)  

So what's your estimate price like those?

• Sahu1990Sahu1990 Member
    edited March 2022

@VirMach said: Good to hear. I honestly didn't do as much research as I should have but it's not like we had many choices to begin with when it comes to that location. We just took what we could get. Some providers wouldn't even reply to us and Equinix blend bandwidth and the others we got quotes for were insanely high priced. I'm talking 6 figures a year for just the bandwidth portion.

Hopefully it could be IIJ :D

• @VirMach said:

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

@elliotc said:

How about 2 discount, one for a little bit more ram. Don't really care 1 time discount.

Thanked by 1umzak
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2022

I expect to need an odd configuration in a couple of months.
    2 cores, does not need to be ryzen, 6/8GB RAM, 25/35GB Disk(any type) 2TB transfer in Tokyo.

Any chance we will see something like this from VirBot in the future.
    Or does VirBot go bye bye with C/C?

edited March 2022

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

@VirMach said: but I don't know what pricepoints they have that you're trying to get

Ryzen10GbpsJP-3 $35.00 USD (Annually)

Bandwidth     298.76 GB of 750 GB Used
    Memory    
    3 GB
    NVME
    35 GB
    CPU(s)    

XMASStorageOSJP-1 $80.00 USD (Biennially)

Bandwidth     320.85 GB of 1 TB Used
    Memory    
    3 GB
    HDD   
    512 GB
    CPU(s)    

So what's your estimate price like those?

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

@elliotc said:

i just compare with the package from greenkvm.com storage plan with 1Gb ram.
    i will use vps storage to install minio to backup my wordpress site from other vps, and i don't know if 512 is enough for minio

Not sure I understand what those packages offer specifically and in terms of pricepoints where we fall short. They have more RAM, less bandwidth, and NVMe attached as well? Or is the NVMe some other non-storage package?

So 500GB plan is $80 per 2 years but it has 3GB RAM? And we offer 10x the bandwidth and almost 2x the storage space for the same price but just 1GB RAM instead of 3GB?

And if the NVMe is a different package, then we offer 512MB less RAM, 15GB more disk, and 8x more bandwidth for $7.69 less but again it's just the lower RAM amount?

Are the CPUs on these by any chance Epyc which supports more RAM?

• ehabehab Member

@VirMach where is the order link for storage offers? or still not published yet.

@ehab said:
    @VirMach where is the order link for storage offers? or still not published yet.

Not published yet. I'll post them in the next 30~ minutes (in VirMach minutes.)

• @VirMach said:

@ehab said:

Not published yet. I'll post them in the next 30~ minutes (in VirMach minutes.)

You missed “maybe”

Thanked by 3umzak webcraft Ironia
  • umzakumzak Member

3.30 a.m. now in virmach time.

• @VirMach what's the estimated time for the storage deals? I don't want to miss it.
    My 1TB storage from GreenCloud is "Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4216 CPU @ 2.10GHz" 2 cores CPU + 3GB + 2TB Bandwidth. Geekbench 5 is 650 for single core & 1300 for multi cores.
    Our CPU is Ryzen so it should be faster. RAM is usually higher with Xeon so I think your deal is good.

• @VirMach said: Doing another cleanup, meaning 384MB and 768MB plans are about to go in stock, but keep in mind the 20% coupon has expired since it's past midnight and the weekend is over. The prices without the coupon should still be very attractive and (I think?) still the lowest out there for comparable hardware from any other provider.

Can biennial VPS be changed to annual payment?
    I want to buy 2560MB plans.

• 666xq666xq Member
    edited March 2022

Hello, send a ticket, no reply

• just to be clear, all the storage are gonna be on ryzen, apart from Amsterdam ?

• I hope all people don't skip this

Storage Server - Information
    Please read and understand some prohibited behavior on the storage package before making a purchase.

1. Storage packages are meant for file storage and light backups.
    2. Mass file sharing such as streaming videos or seedboxes is not optimal.
    3. While the disk is dedicated, disk read/write operations, port speed, and CPU are "fair share."
    Thanked by 1dev077
  • 666xq666xq Member

@VirMach said:
    52 quantity has been opened up for 384MB package.

304 quantity has been added back for 768MB package. Looks like a lot of people didn't complete their purchase here or got marked fraud. We'll still honor any people who go through the review process though that are still interested, the tickets will just take some time to clear up.

Storage prices and ETAs:

Tokyo, Japan storage is going out with all other servers.Los Angeles is going out first most likely, as in before Los Angeles Ryzens as it has been ready for an extremely long time and people have waited over a year now for their old pre-orders. NYC Metro is going out with the servers here via freight. Amsterdam may still be going out with the Ryzens but I've made changes here to the server and still need to do some testing. It's now using Epyc instead of dual E5. There's a small chance it'll go out separately. Keep in mind any of the above information can change.

All these are RAID10 with high end RAID controllers and potentially NVMe cache (last part not guaranteed though.) They'll also have standard bandwidth levels as advertised currently on our website, including in Tokyo as well. So I think that's 10x the storage amount in monthly bandwidth. Also 10Gbps port on all.

250GB Storage (230GB~ Usable) PREORDER + TOKYO
    $25/1YR Pre-order

500GB Storage (460GB~ Usable) PREORDER
    $50/2YR Pre-order

1TB Storage (930GB~ Usable) PREORDER
    $80/2YR Pre-order

2TB Storage (1860GB~ Usable) PREORDER
    $120/2YR Pre-order

Early bird discount an extra 20% off the first term only for these, we can run that until they actually get close to being deployed, so probably until Friday. So $20 for the first year on 250GB, $40 for first 2 years on 500GB and so on.

Please pay attention to above prices, 250GB is annual only and the rest are biennial only. For higher amounts of storage, the main cost ends up being the hardware that has to initially be purchased (which we already have) so I can only offer the best prices per 2 years. That's why 2 years of 500GB ends up being same price per year as one year with 250GB. I wanted to keep 250GB annual only to keep the entry prices low for those that don't want to spend a lot to start. Hopefully that should give an option for everyone.

Tokyo will have limited space though so I only want to sell the 250GB package here for now to give as many people a chance to get space here. If you really need more space here we will allow you to upgrade later but only for the regular prices, as in $35/YR for 500GB, $70 a year for 1TB, etc.

You will still be allowed to order Tokyo for the larger storage amounts but keep in mind there's a chance that if we run out of space, 250GB plans will be activated FIRST and you may be migrated/activated on the next closest location of Los Angeles. If this happens, we'll allow you to cancel for a refund though as we do not want to force you into a location you do not want.

Sorry for the information overload above, I'll try to word it better when we actually post the offer.

@pullangcubo said:

@VirMach said:

8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$118/YR
    $188/2YR

--

6GB RAM
    100GB NVMe
    3 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address

$88/YR
    $138/2YR

>

Would monthly option be available for these?

Also, will dedicated cores/high CPU usage be available as add ons for these Ryzen plans?

I don't want to sell you high CPU addons because it may honestly not even be necessary for Ryzen. The RAM to CPU power ratio is a huge shift from our existing services and so far there's no indication we'll ever run out of CPU on those nodes. And as long as that's the case, pretty much everyone will be able to burst all the time. I don't think we've had to enforce a single case of high CPU warning on Ryzen.

We can do monthly, sure, for 1/10th the price of annual.

That means it'll only be offered on the 6GB one though to stay in line with maximum price rules but it's been so long since I've had to look at those or even post offers close to the max offer price that I don't remember if it qualifies anyway since we do offer the annual pricing under the maximum already.

@matheny said:

@VirMach said: 8GB RAM
    150GB NVMe
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    8TB @ 1Gbps Bandwidth
    1x IPv4 Address
    $118/YR
    $188/2YR

I'm interested in this plan for Central USA region (Denver, Dallas, Chicago)! What would be the price for those regions?

We could probably do $88 instead of $118 but it'll have to be in the form of refund to store credit and manual price change, maybe bump our thread with your order ID type deal everyone does these days since I don't think I can do extra cost for Japan without creating an entire new pricing group on our billing software.

Any other requests before I start making these?

@noisycode said: 1) if quarterly payment is available; and
    2) what throttling strategy would be used for this spec; and
    3) if special offers would be on the same server, altogether with this spec?

I think I kind of answered some of this in my reply to pullangcubo above, but I'll answer it again here so it's more clear and cover any additional questions as well.

1) We may do monthly. I'll see if I can work in quarterly as well.
    2) We don't plan on throttling right now but if everything goes very wrong then it'd be the standard "KVM Lite" of 33% guaranteed with burst for shorter periods. For these larger plans we'll probably do at least 50% realistically since price per unit is already higher. Sorry for not having a concrete answer.
    3) They will go on the same set of servers as all the other offers. There are a lot of servers, over 200 total when we finish all deployments and all servers will have a healthy mix.

Hello, send a ticket, no reply

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@AICDOWS said:

@VirMach said: Doing another cleanup, meaning 384MB and 768MB plans are about to go in stock, but keep in mind the 20% coupon has expired since it's past midnight and the weekend is over. The prices without the coupon should still be very attractive and (I think?) still the lowest out there for comparable hardware from any other provider.

Can biennial VPS be changed to annual payment?
    I want to buy 2560MB plans.

Yes it can be bought annually but more expensive.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@umzak said:

@VirMach said:

@elliotc said:

I don't think a memory boost is necessary. In fact, it might do harm to the whole cluster, if someone runs disk mining or torrent programs, for which, large memory is usually essential.

This discussion has been closed.