Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation

Comments

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited April 2022

@Saahib said:
    @KermEd, supporting Host rep is good idea but kind of impractical because people tend to buy when they are actually in need, or planning for it from a while, a good or tempting deal only works as catalyst.

However, idea supporting new hosts is actually respectable, after all this is "Low End Market" and so far what I have seen, mostly established provider have paid. This new paid provider tag will result only in "less offers from new comers" and it has been discussed already multiple times.

I completely agree. I think all effort possible should be put towards anyone not using a provider tag and that the future growth of the community may even depend on it :)

To be fair, this whole discussion kind of came about just because I was defending my statement around boycotting Providers and that the idea isn't as bad of an idea as it sounds.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2022

Is "unsinkable threads" a feature granted to the paid providers?

Just noticed my last offer thread from before the random invoice for the paid provider service has been set to sink, but the other pointlessly bumped threads aren't. https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/176638/incognet-llc-netherlands-kvm-ryzen-nvme-big-bw-ipv6-snapshots-30-off-and-a-giveaway

If I give you money, I can have mine constantly bumped with nonsensical replies that hold no community value as well?

Just wondering.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2022

@MannDude said: Just noticed my last offer thread from before the random invoice for the paid provider service has been set to sink, but the other pointlessly bumped threads aren't. https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/176638/incognet-llc-netherlands-kvm-ryzen-nvme-big-bw-ipv6-snapshots-30-off-and-a-giveaway

Oh dang. Yeah it's set to sink.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh Care to comment on the lack of sinking on offer threads for paying hosts vs sinking offer threads for non-paying hosts?

Thanked by 2Abd adly
  • FalzoFalzo Member

no one really expected to be able to bump their old offer threads if they are not paying, right? ... RIGHT?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Falzo said:
    no one really expected to be able to bump their old offer threads if they are not paying, right? ... RIGHT?

People expect things to be documented. If that was one of the perks that a Provider role gets, OK, then just make sure it's known. That's all.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • zedzed Member

what if we just rolled everything back to right before LET became this corporate entity with payroll and advertising budgets and needing to grow to stay growing and stuff.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@zed said: what if we just rolled everything back to right before LET became this corporate entity with payroll and advertising budgets and needing to grow to stay growing and stuff.

Then how does Jon get paid?

• @Nekki said:

@zed said: what if we just rolled everything back to right before LET became this corporate entity with payroll and advertising budgets and needing to grow to stay growing and stuff.

In all honesty? Donations. I'm sure he could have easily gotten a good chunk of cash, if donations were an option, instead of turning this place into a low end corporate environment.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

In all honesty? Donations. I'm sure he could have easily gotten a good chunk of cash, if donations were an option, instead of turning this place into a low end corporate environment.

I think he long since burned through most of the goodwill that folks here have for him.

• @Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

I think he long since burned through most of the goodwill that folks here have for him.

Oh yeah, that bridge was burned, then bombed, and then a horse took a crap on it.

Thanked by 3Nekki bulbasaur adly
  • @Nekki said:

Maybe he could run a RackNerd affiliate site? Hmm wait a minute

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Falzo said:

How would that make sense? Especially considering the recent activity within the thread in question did not actually contain user engagement.

• @jbiloh said: How would that make sense? Especially considering the recent activity within the thread in question did not actually contain user engagement.

Will answer you this question with post few posts below, you seems to miss it somehow.

Francisco said: People expect things to be documented. If that was one of the perks that a Provider role gets, OK, then just make sure it's known. That's all.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@JabJab said:

@jbiloh said: How would that make sense? Especially considering the recent activity within the thread in question did not actually contain user engagement.

Will answer you this question with post few posts below, you seems to miss it somehow.

Francisco said: People expect things to be documented. If that was one of the perks that a Provider role gets, OK, then just make sure it's known. That's all.

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

If the expectation is that a policy needs to be created for every condition, then that is a lot of policies.

That said, in the thread in question there was activity that is not real engagement, and that host is also not part of the Patron Provider group. About a week ago I mentioned in a related thread specifically about the "Pointless bumps" that I thought they were not helpful, but they continued.

I would much rather avoid sinking threads because if there is user activity within them I think that is great.

It is ultimately a balancing act between maintaining the essence of the Patron Provider model (for those who can create advertising threads and are supporting our community), and not simply sinking all past advertising threads, and at the same time building user activity within all threads.

• So a pointless bump is bad but a pointless bump for bandwidth rewards are okay. Or are we saying those aren't pointless?

• @jbiloh said:

@JabJab said:

@jbiloh said: How would that make sense? Especially considering the recent activity within the thread in question did not actually contain user engagement.

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

If the expectation is that a policy needs to be created for every condition, then that is a lot of policies.

Since you want to run LET as a business - you need policies in place. Thats how businesses work.

That said, in the thread in question there was activity that is not real engagement, and that host is also not part of the Patron Provider group. About a week ago I mentioned in a related thread specifically about the "Pointless bumps" that I thought they were not helpful, but they continued.

Wanna talk about pointless bumps?

Double my bandwich.

I would much rather avoid sinking threads because if there is user activity within them I think that is great.

It is ultimately a balancing act between maintaining the essence of the Patron Provider model (for those who can create advertising threads and are supporting our community), and not simply sinking all past advertising threads, and at the same time building user activity within all threads.

Free clientexec please 🙄

Thanked by 3yoursunny MannDude adly
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@skorous said:
    So a pointless bump is bad but a pointless bump for bandwidth rewards are okay. Or are we saying those aren't pointless?

Our strategy is meant to increase user engagement, and it's done exactly that. On top of that, it helps drive new members, as you can only imagine lurkers/buyers don't always register, and with our creativeness, it has brought many new members.

As a result, we've found great success and continue to give back to the community. Many freebies are provided, giveaways, cash, swag and so on. If other providers are doing the same - I doubt mod/admins would have an issue with it.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dustinc said:

@skorous said:
    So a pointless bump is bad but a pointless bump for bandwidth rewards are okay. Or are we saying those aren't pointless?

Our strategy is meant to increase user engagement, and it's done exactly that. On top of that, it helps drive new members, as you can only imagine lurkers/buyers don't always register, and with our creativeness, it has brought many new members.

As a result, we've found great success and continue to give back to the community. Many freebies are provided, giveaways, cash, swag and so on. If other providers are doing the same - I doubt mod/admins would have an issue with it.

If we go through the users that you consider are "engaging" in your threads and then LET - about 80%+ only spam with requests for double bandwidth, with 0 (ZERO) meaningful contribution. And 80% is a very conservative percentage, its likely well over 90%

So don't act like you are doing LET a favor, by bringing your spam here. You must be on some serious drugs, if you really believe your own nonsense.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

@skorous said:

If we go through the users that you consider are "engaging" in your threads and then LET - about 80%+ only spam with requests for double bandwidth, with 0 (ZERO) meaningful contribution. And 80% is a very conservative percentage, its likely well over 90%

So don't act like you are doing LET a favor, by bringing your spam here. You must be on some serious drugs, if you really believe your own nonsense.

Based on our views, comments, conversions, new users contributing to the community, being voted top provider, and most professional by you, the community I'd say there's little to dispute here.

We've had great success and couldn't be any happier.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

The quality content you speak of is copying and pasting some phrase over and over and the new user engagement is English as second language users complaining about delivery and performance, strung together via Google Translste.

Real high quality content.

"Pointless Bump" bad but had I requested (before you ever mentioned paid provider status) people bump the thread with "Incog Gang hrr drr" that would have been the quality user engagement that you're trying to attract.

Top tier content.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:
    Am I the only one who decided to boycott anyone with a Provider tag?

Yes. Literally no-one seems to care about this as much as you do, and weirdly, you weren’t even here when LET was great so I can’t fathom why this bothers you so much.

He got burned on an AlphaRacks thing and believes Dustin took that money and started RackNerd. Dustin had a big response debunking pretty much all the assumptions KermEd made and then KermEd basically ignored the response and carried on being ultra butthurt at Dustin and by extension Jon because he allows Dustin to carry on instead of banned as the AlphaRacks scammer.

• ErisaErisa Member

@TimboJones said:

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

Yes. Literally no-one seems to care about this as much as you do, and weirdly, you weren’t even here when LET was great so I can’t fathom why this bothers you so much.

He got burned on an AlphaRacks thing and believes Dustin took that money and started RackNerd. Dustin had a big response debunking pretty much all the assumptions KermEd made and then KermEd basically ignored the response and carried on being ultra butthurt at Dustin.

Do you have a link to that big response? Sounds like a fun read.

• @TimboJones said:

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

He got burned on an AlphaRacks thing and believes Dustin took that money and started RackNerd. Dustin had a big response debunking pretty much all the assumptions KermEd made and then KermEd basically ignored the response and carried on being ultra butthurt at Dustin.

That is an excellent summary of events

edited April 2022

@Erisa said:

@TimboJones said:

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

Do you have a link to that big response? Sounds like a fun read.

No, and given the amount of posts KermEd and Dustin make, I'm too lazy to find it.

Edit: Ok, so it only took 3-4 pages of searching. https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3368968/#Comment_3368968

Thanked by 1Erisa
    edited April 2022

Dup

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited April 2022

@TimboJones said:
    Dup

Don't forgot I also hit on your wife or something a few times too, and after proving you wrong a good 30 times or so on here for just you being a general moron, you've been a touch on the obsessive side ever since. I don't mind the attention, no judgement from my side.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@KermEd said:

@TimboJones said:
    Dup

Don't forgot I also hit on your wife or something a few times too, and after proving you wrong a good 30 times or so on here for just you being a general moron, you've been a touch on the obsessive side ever since. I don't mind the attention, no judgement from my side.

Afraid to ask but how could this happen unless he knows your identity and / or vice versa, not like you guys are using your real names like me?

• @dustinc said:

I can't disagree you've brought in many, many new members though I think we might define 'engagement' differently. I must admit however that it's been quite some time since I've gone into one of your threads deeper than maybe a page so perhaps it has changed.

As a result, we've found great success and continue to give back to the community. Many freebies are provided, giveaways, cash, swag and so on.

This also I wouldn't begin to disagree with. You've been very generous. I myself have benefited from your largesse.

• @MannDude said:
    The quality content you speak of is copying and pasting some phrase over and over and the new user engagement is English as second language users complaining about delivery and performance, strung together via Google Translste.

Real high quality content.

"Pointless Bump" bad but had I requested (before you ever mentioned paid provider status) people bump the thread with "Incog Gang hrr drr" that would have been the quality user engagement that you're trying to attract.

Top tier content.

All the new users that Dustin attracts to LET are potential customers of yours too.